Forum › The Helpless Saint and the Powerless Princess discussion

Sumatrapdf_i4v2vg0jsu
joined Jul 8, 2025

Their faces during the confession are priceless, I love this manga so much waaa,,

Images
joined Jul 13, 2026

People upset that tropes exist really miss the trees for the forest, the execution in this one was fine. The stakes and danger increased, so Nana tried to sacrifice herself and spare Luliam, which is completely in character for her as has been well established. And obviously Luliam was going to bust through that bullshit, she runs on pure willpower, it's a moment to have her determined personality shine. Their relationship moves forward in a satisfying way and their resolve is renewed going into the endgame. Like narratively this is good stuff even if the broad strokes are derivative.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

It would be better if this had come without a pretty obviously dumb and forced setup, though. An artificial and unnecessary problem obviously cheapens its own resolution.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I need like 100 more chapters of this injected into my veins, please and thank. The art is good, the story is fun, the couples are adorable.

More of this, please.

joined Aug 6, 2025

im guessing their lvl means age right... i know they had an age gap but i thought she was 24 max sighhh

joined Dec 17, 2018

I think this is the first time I see an elf that is 29 and still a kid, I only ever saw elf's that age like humans and at some point stop aging

joined May 9, 2017

im guessing their lvl means age right... i know they had an age gap but i thought she was 24 max sighhh

Yup.. 18/26 is kind of creepy territory for me... The problem is not the age gap, but that one of them is just 18.

last edited at Sep 22, 2026 7:06PM

In%20your%20butt
joined Jun 21, 2021

im guessing their lvl means age right... i know they had an age gap but i thought she was 24 max sighhh

Yup.. 18/26 is kind of creepy territory for me... The problem is not the age gap, but that one of them is just 18.

not like it's news, we've known this since the first volume

Avatar%20(pride%20version)
joined Oct 22, 2018

im guessing their lvl means age right... i know they had an age gap but i thought she was 24 max sighhh

Yup.. 18/26 is kind of creepy territory for me... The problem is not the age gap, but that one of them is just 18.

not like it's news, we've known this since the first volume

Yeah but most of us forgot or repressed it.

Img_0010
joined Dec 1, 2025

im guessing their lvl means age right... i know they had an age gap but i thought she was 24 max sighhh

Yup.. 18/26 is kind of creepy territory for me... The problem is not the age gap, but that one of them is just 18.

personally I dont really mind it, considering how long it took before feelings became stated despite instigating so early on
26 can't be that old right??? there is MUCH MUCH MUCH worse on this site though...

last edited at Sep 22, 2026 10:54PM

joined Aug 8, 2021

another transmigration yuri with a terrible age gap. I alr dropped the villainess one bcos of it. it couldnt be that hard to adjust the ages....

joined Jan 14, 2020

The other couple is 18 (Daichi) and 15 (Princess Eldora). Closer, but younger. Both couples are outside the "half + 7" rule, for those who care about such things.

I didn't realize the 'levels' were ages, heh.

considering how long it took before feelings became stated

I feel the in-manga time has been at most a few months, if that?

a terrible age gap. I alr dropped the villainess

Which one? "Please Bully Me" is very vague about Yvonne's age-at-death. But WataOshi is like 25+ and 15, and maybe ditto Fed-Up Office Lady (though in this case the younger age is obscure.)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice. :D

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

a terrible age gap. I alr dropped the villainess

Which one? "Please Bully Me" is very vague about Yvonne's age-at-death. But WataOshi is like 25+ and 15, and maybe ditto Fed-Up Office Lady (though in this case the younger age is obscure.)

I feel like any reincarnation story is age-gap if you think about it, and underage if the setting is a school, but no one likes to have this conversation xD

joined Jan 14, 2020

Also depends on the reincarnation details. Anis got only vague memories of Earth, and Yvonne has avoided giving us many details (but had never dated), while Rae is very much a Japanese office lady who jumped into a local girl's body.

And Natori and Nana were adults physically summoned to another world. (While Akari was a high schooler summoned to another world.)

Leaping%20cow
joined Sep 27, 2017

I didn't expect these extras to be such a point of controversy lol

__akiyama_mizuki_project_sekai_drawn_by_ririru__aef7569108d461f730828c198e920bc8_1_1_1_1_1
joined Mar 9, 2024

I have no problem with age gap like this, especially since Nana has crippling self-worth (I dropped out of school and can only work part-time jobs*. Even after being summoned to the other world I possess no magic capability and are a liability to the princess who choose me) while the younger princess being the assertive one in the relationship.

  • In Japan, the longer you work part-time the less likely you would be hired as a full time employee, and someone who has only worked part-time is generally frowned upon. So she was literally walking into a dead end before she got isekai'd.

last edited at Sep 25, 2026 12:57AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I have no problem with age gap like this, especially since Nana has crippling self-worth (I dropped out of school and can only work part-time jobs*. Even after being summoned to the other world I possess no magic capability and are a liability to the princess who choose me) while the younger princess being the assertive one in the relationship.

  • In Japan, the longer you work part-time the less likely you would be hired as a full time employee, and someone who has only worked part-time is generally frowned upon. So she's literally walking into a dead end before she got isekai'd.

I think most people are more accepting of Age gap when it's the younger partner driving the relationship while the older one is the moderating force keeping things legal.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Well "legal" doesn't apply locally for those characters. And for the main pair, the younger is 18 anyway.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Damn. They are both adults and the relationship is consensual. How could Tama do this?

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

I'm honestly confused. How can Nana be practicing magic when she has no mp and how did she expect to to that place and case a massive spell with no mp?

To reply you must either login or sign up.