Forum › The Helpless Saint and the Powerless Princess discussion

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

Based on the first chapter's TN, wouldn't the title be better translated as "powerless saint and talentless princess"?

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

This looks promising. I am looking forward to the next chapter.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Based on the first chapter's TN, wouldn't the title be better translated as "powerless saint and talentless princess"?

Yes, but on the cover of JPN raw ch01 the author decided to add their own English version of the title in small scripts, so the translators just kept that. Some similar cases I could recall off the top of my head are Whispering You a Love Song (Sasayaku you ni Koi o Utau), Demon Lord of "Yashiro" (Yashiro no Maou), I Want to Make Black-Knight Fall In Love With Me! (Gakeppuchi Reijou wa Kurokishi-sama wo Horesasetai!),... Usually such small script titles are not the most literal translation, nor are they oftentimes the best translation, unfortunately.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Magic powered by kissing and holding hands. This author is a genius.

Suika
joined Oct 6, 2021

This is just precious~ I will follow this!

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I like this so far! Nice to have a cute isekai story with some new ideas that isn't just a retread of previous popular isekai stories.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

It's nice to see Tamasaki Tama is back to cooking yuri again

joined Oct 22, 2018

I decided to pick this series up when I saw it uploaded here on a whim because I vaguely recall a mangadex link to either it or a similarly named series being posted to the discord server.

I'm loving it thus far. Definitely looking forward for more.

The MC learning to love herself while falling in love with the other MC is nice to see. Which of the MCs am I referring to in the previous sentence? Trick question: the answer is both of them. The sentence is applicable to both. But yeah, I really liked seeing that.

Also, throughout most of chapter 1 (before they figured out what their gameplan was gonna be) I thought one could compare the power the other princess-saint pair has and the much better personality the MC pair has to something actually unrelated from the ongoing 4th season of the Civ Battle Royale X, more specifically its reddit and discord communities (though, honestly, by far mostly on the discord). Namely the stats we actually get from the game (military strength and size, production, science and tech count, gold, happiness) compared to less-tangible stats that we only really invented as of this season not registered in the game's stats sheet, but have become very popular in the community (heart, grit, clutch, momentum, wanting it more). In this analogy, I expected the direction this will go was: the other pair seemed like a civ that would be good with the first 5 stats, but bad with the latter five, while the MC pair seemed like it'd be going the opposite direction. After the final few pages of the chapter, and especially after the other two chapters, I'm not completely sure that expectation will pan out, but now I am genuinely curious how the stat analogy would map out as of rn.

Also, that laughter by the queen in ch2 was kinda sus. At least the way it sounded in my head when I read it was. Is the queen secretly part of the calamity? Is that the plot-twist here? (I put my questions behind spoiler bars because IDK if this manga is a novel adaptation (as seems to be the case with a large minority of my fav mangas rn), but if it is, and I happen to be right on the money regarding the spoilered questions, I don't want it to turn out I accidentally shared spoilers while completely unaware they were spoilers.)

%e3%83%80%e3%82%a4%e3%81%95%e3%82%93
joined Apr 5, 2023

Also, that laughter by the queen in ch2 was kinda sus. At least the way it sounded in my head when I read it was. Is the queen secretly part of the calamity? Is that the plot-twist here?[...]

For me she just seemed like she was happy that her supposedly 'useless' daughter isn't actually 'useless' and simply needed something to help unleash her power, so it makes sense why she'd be excited about it... Similar to how the other character, Miko, is.
I don't think there's any malice behind, her happy expression, blushing too... but also the atmosphere seemed a bit imposing (Well, she is the queen and seeing her act casually like that could be surprising for Miko, I guess?) with the black lines and somewhat intense writing, so I can see why you read it like that.
I hope that doesn't end up as a plot-twist though because it'd feel a bit weak imo

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Also, that laughter by the queen in ch2 was kinda sus. At least the way it sounded in my head when I read it was. Is the queen secretly part of the calamity? Is that the plot-twist here?[...]

For me she just seemed like she was happy that her supposedly 'useless' daughter isn't actually 'useless' and simply needed something to help unleash her power, so it makes sense why she'd be excited about it... Similar to how the other character, Miko, is.
I don't think there's any malice behind, her happy expression, blushing too... but also the atmosphere seemed a bit imposing (Well, she is the queen and seeing her act casually like that could be surprising for Miko, I guess?) with the black lines and somewhat intense writing, so I can see why you read it like that.
I hope that doesn't end up as a plot-twist though because it'd feel a bit weak imo

Ya I like the Queen so far so hopefully there's no twist like that. Also would like more info on the other parent of her two daughters, which some are speculating is the head court magician. Magic yuri babies would be right at home in this fantasy setting.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Ya I like the Queen so far so hopefully there's no twist like that. Also would like more info on the other parent of her two daughters, which some are speculating is the head court magician. Magic yuri babies would be right at home in this fantasy setting.

Yeah, as of ch03 no male was seen anywhere in that isekai, so magic yuri babies is the most likely explanation, seeing that the tradition is to get the summoned saints (all female, afawk) to marry the princesses. Also quite a lot in the comment section of MDex appear to think that the Queen is banging Miko :))

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

As fun as Queen x Miko is, wouldn't that theory require Miko to be a summoned saint? The setup implied that's how these royals reproduce with the saint x princess marriage. I'd be inclined to think that the Queen's saint returned to earth at some point instead. I think the queen can still be shacking up with Miko without Miko being her baby momma.

Edit: also this is really cute so far. I love the image of the tower half-destroyed by nature, the way the Nana's head almost got too big so they deflated her by making her allergic to any magic not from her wife, and how the other summoned saint was actually cool and congratulated Nana for the breakthrough.

last edited at Sep 6, 2024 8:26PM

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

As fun as Queen x Miko is, wouldn't that theory require Miko to be a summoned saint? The setup implied that's how these royals reproduce with the saint x princess marriage. I'd be inclined to think that the Queen's saint returned to earth at some point instead. I think the queen can still be shacking up with Miko without Miko being her baby momma.

Nah, the saints are only summoned in times of calamity, and they are then paired with the available princess at the time, but when there's no calamity no saint would be summoned and the royal would proceed to reproduce with whoever they usually do that with.

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

Nah, the saints are only summoned in times of calamity, and they are then paired with the available princess at the time, but when there's no calamity no saint would be summoned and the royal would proceed to reproduce with whoever they usually do that with.

Fair, I don't think they established how long the gap between this calamity and the last one was. Possible it's longer than one generation.

last edited at Sep 6, 2024 8:43PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Ooh, really liking this one. Kind of reminds me of The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent with 2 saints and the holy magic infused items.
Glad to see summoning becoming more common for isekais these days, maybe Truck-kun can retire.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Magic power can be transferred through simple physical contact, but it flows much better across mucous membranes.

Their first night together is going to be quite the light show then.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I quite like me a light-hearted isekai romp like this, but I have a nagging dread that this is exactly the kind of fantasy yuri series that gets axed after two volumes without ever reaching a proper ending. :-(

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

I quite like me a light-hearted isekai romp like this, but I have a nagging dread that this is exactly the kind of fantasy yuri series that gets axed after two volumes without ever reaching a proper ending. :-(

Why would you speak such evil into existence?!
Well we know who to blame and shame if this does end up happening! :P

joined Oct 22, 2018

Ch4 is up on MD.
I think the scanlation group is the same for md and ds for this series too.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/a550d1b7-92be-4c9d-9964-4fe617bacf66

To reply you must either login or sign up.