Forum › Stretch discussion

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Hahahaha! I can't believe ran opened keiko's blouse while she was supposedly knocked out! Hahahah who does that!

Ran, does. And that's good because she's an expert. In stretching and medicine and... stuff. You know. Never ever doubt a pro!!

last edited at May 18, 2015 5:39AM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I think she's homophobic while her kouhai is a little bit more adventurous but is too apprehensive to act on her yuri tendencies because she knows her sempai is homophobic.

You think Keiko is homophobic?

While homophobic may be too strong a word, I had somewhat similar thoughts. The way Keiko reacted looked like she was extremely conscious and worried about the "kiss". She probably noticed her physical desire for Ran but she's still too scared to do the next step on her own, because "it's wrong" and will make her different to others, etc. It really looked like she wanted that kiss, and if it happened to be the real one, and if Ran put some physical pressure on her afterwards, she might've just finally accepted it. But... In other words, I think Keiko's just in denial.

Hahahaha! I can't believe ran opened keiko's blouse while she was supposedly knocked out! Hahahah who does that!

Anyone who passed the first-aid course and knows how to do the CPR. As I earlier posted in black bars, she also should have had the bra undone and removed. But that's the reason why she said 'so beautiful' - was another check that actually worked well..

joined Mar 25, 2013

That look of concentration on page 4 though xD "I'm gonna kiss you so hard."

I didn't notice the blush on page 3 the first time. I thought people were saying about the blush on the last page, but yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if Keiko more or less dared her to see if she would 'kiss' her.

As for the people saying it certainly was a kiss because of the 'smooch' she could pressed her fingers to her lips and kissed her fingers making the exaggerated 'smooch' sound. Don't get me wrong I would love it if Ran kissed her and Keiko is just brushing it off precisely because she faked getting knocked out to get a kiss.

Also since the Volume 3 colored pages are up are the extras going to be available soon as well? This is for jnko kinda xD

Edit: Well nevermind me, they are up, I guess they only need to be translated.

last edited at May 18, 2015 8:58AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Alice Cheshire

I give up hope
They won't get anywhere
Higashiyama won't make them a couple and you guys know it.
He'll just continue to milk us over and over again
But nothing will ever come from this.
They might be in love, or something but they'll never be a couple
So I give up hope

Is it just me or the last few days have people been overreacting towards Stretch almost as much as they do with Citrus? There's still very clear development going on. Them actually getting in a relationship this soon would feel kinda rushed anyways. It seems rather unlikely that they'll be in a relationship for awhile realistically. Until some of their personal problems are taken care of at the very least.

Couldn't agree more. It's like, when no progress is made people flip tables for no reason. I agree with you, this appears to be moving realistically and if a relationship does happen, it may take place after most of their personal demons/problems are sorted out. I will say this, as much as I don't mind seeing this two not get together, another side of me really wants these two to get together lol!

redmoo

When are they gonna do the nasty

Never.

Im with that guy on the previous page about this. The author is just gonna wring us until we get tired of him. Although I do feel like the best part of a yuri romance is how the two got together, we're looking at literally volumes of nothing but het drama/just regular drama (the miscarriage, family issues).

As a person who has read every yuri comic on this site at least twice, I'm going to toot my horn for a minute here and admit that i know my stuff when it comes to my yuri. I noticed that every time the younger girl even suggest something that is even remotely gay, her sempai has that look of utter disgust on her face.

I think she's homophobic while her kouhai is a little bit more adventurous but is too apprehensive to act on her yuri tendencies because she knows her sempai is homophobic.

If it weren't for Prism showing that the author clearly has the ability to make a good Yuri comic, I wouldve stopped reading this junk around the 2nd or 3rd chapter in.

EVERYONE! Don't worry! The expert is here! Pay heed to his great words and look uponith redmoo as our yuri savior for they haveth read all thy stories contained in Dynasty's vaults and have decreed Stretch a hoax! Nothing to see my good fellows, move along and find better yuri pastures. Nay! Redmoo! Please bestow your yuri wisdom and guide us to these... better yuri pastures that you and your infinite wisdom may know of and that us, lost sheep may be brought back into the fold that is pure and true yuri!

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

redmoo

When are they gonna do the nasty

Never.

Im with that guy on the previous page about this. The author is just gonna wring us until we get tired of him. Although I do feel like the best part of a yuri romance is how the two got together, we're looking at literally volumes of nothing but het drama/just regular drama (the miscarriage, family issues).

As a person who has read every yuri comic on this site at least twice, I'm going to toot my horn for a minute here and admit that i know my stuff when it comes to my yuri. I noticed that every time the younger girl even suggest something that is even remotely gay, her sempai has that look of utter disgust on her face.

If it weren't for Prism showing that the author clearly has the ability to make a good Yuri comic, I wouldve stopped reading this junk around the 2nd or 3rd chapter in.

EVERYONE! Don't worry! The expert is here! Pay heed to his great words and look uponith redmoo as our yuri savior for they haveth read all thy stories contained in Dynasty's vaults and have decreed Stretch a hoax! Nothing to see my good fellows, move along and find better yuri pastures. Nay! Redmoo! Please bestow your yuri wisdom and guide us to these... better yuri pastures that you and your infinite wisdom may know of and that us, lost sheep may be brought back into the fold that is pure and true yuri!

And Stretch being a Seinen slice of life (And thus dealing with various subject/drama) before supposedly having some yuri part, his yuri expertise does give him the right rate this manga as junk =D

last edited at May 18, 2015 10:18AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

lol calling Stretch junk because it doesnt deliver on the yuri

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

While homophobic may be too strong a word, I had somewhat similar thoughts. The way Keiko reacted looked like she was extremely conscious and worried about the "kiss". She probably noticed her physical desire for Ran but she's still too scared to do the next step on her own, because "it's wrong" and will make her different to others, etc. It really looked like she wanted that kiss, and if it happened to be the real one, and if Ran put some physical pressure on her afterwards, she might've just finally accepted it. But... In other words, I think Keiko's just in denial.

Takachi, did your face* change recently or am I getting you confused with someone? I don't approve, grr...

Denial I can buy more than homophobic but I'm not all that sold on it.

*Face means avatar

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Takachi, did your face* change recently or am I getting you confused with someone? I don't approve, grr...

yes, it did. Used to be Seol-a in glasses, then Seol-a in pink last week. Now switch to finger-scissorred Ran
what's wrong with it? You like me more as Seol-a?

Denial I can buy more than homophobic but I'm not all that sold on it.

more or less same here. I'm not sold on denial myself, but I definitely can't exclude this scenario.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

yes, it did. Used to be Seol-a in glasses, then Seol-a in pink last week. Now switch to finger-scissorred Ran
what's wrong with it? You like me more as Seol-a?

No, I can not deny Ran's adorableness, I'm only messing because it's more convenient for me to recognise who is who by their face as opposed to name. I hounded EvilNemesis for it once, but I'm not really serious.

more or less same here. I'm not sold on denial myself, but I definitely can't exclude this scenario.

Sounds reasonable. Shou is a troll, so I can see him teasing a confession, having Keiko going into full denial and him ending the story there.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

She's not in denial, nor homophobic. The thought just never crossed her mind because it's out of her reference framework. Like most people, she's probably not been confronted to gay/lesbians in her life.

For a lot of people, "gays" are something alien you see on tv or in the news, not in your neighborhood. And even less as your roomate.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

^ '' bleh'' is a very rude reaction tbh, also someone explain to me how the numbering works for these extra chapters

edit: working out atm, so excuse my short post

last edited at May 18, 2015 11:52AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

^ '' bleh'', also someone explain to me how the numbering works for these extra chapters

I suppose the colored chapters are at the beginning of each volume and the stretches extra are in the end, the numbering is made up to place them in the right position... is that what you asked ?

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I am wondering why 22,5 has the cover of ran from vol 4

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I think that's just because the scanlator put the last cover in date at the beginning of the chapters he does, not the cover of chapter's volume. Chapter 23 have the cover of volume 2 too (or 1 I don't remember).

last edited at May 18, 2015 12:03PM

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

She's not in denial, nor homophobic. The thought just never crossed her mind because it's out of her reference framework. Like most people, she's probably not been confronted to gay/lesbians in her life.

For a lot of people, "gays" are something alien you see on tv or in the news, not in your neighborhood. And even less as your roomate.

I do not know if Keiko is in denial, but even where we saw Keiko ever felt like kissing Ran. chapter 12 and chapter 30

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I am wondering why 22,5 has the cover of ran from vol 4

Actually It is the cover from volume 3, the volume 4 isn't out yet. But this cover isn't on the volume 3 chapters because the cover wasn't out when the chapters where scanlated

last edited at May 18, 2015 12:14PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Low blow Shou!! how dare you ... I love it but HOW DARE YOU!?!
I want an ending with Ran saying "Back then, I lied... I didn't use my fingers"

last edited at May 18, 2015 1:39PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I think we all should be used to Shou's teasing by now, but dammit, I was hoping it was a real kiss anyway lol.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

^Hey, hey, we don't know FOR SURE if she actually used her lips or her fingers. She could be lying about using her fingers :D

joined Jan 17, 2014

maybe her foot :D
that what she get when she lying down and expect something dirty happen :DD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

At least as importantly, she's never had a meaningful relationship that's turned out well. The closest was her last one, and then the miscarriage and general horribleness that came along with it happened. I doubt she even has a reference point at all for "supportive, healthy and enjoyable romance".

Before getting into bullshit theories about homophobia, don't forget the obvious, story-supported things staring you in the face. And for that matter even referenced in the most recent chapter.

Love.live!.600.1492198
joined Sep 4, 2014

I hate you, Shou, but I love you, but I hate you. :/

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Is it just me or the last few days have people been overreacting towards Stretch almost as much as they do with Citrus? There's still very clear development going on. Them actually getting in a relationship this soon would feel kinda rushed anyways. It seems rather unlikely that they'll be in a relationship for awhile realistically. Until some of their personal problems are taken care of at the very least.

Angst. People suck at handling angst. Look at any simulpub'd anything and people get angsty over the angsty characters doing angsty things and respond in angsty ways (typically salty rage). Stretch has more an aura of angst lately (although not enough to warrant a tag)...enough that it caused this reaction.

Shou has handled this magnificently, and I think he will continue to do so. If the two do end up together, it will definitely one of the best canon ships we've come across in a long time.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

There's really no angst in Stretch. A bit because of the miscarriage thing and because of Ran's father death, but nothing too overwhelming.

I think people are overreacting because the relationship makes no explicit progress. It's all low key and subtexty and it's frustrating.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

There's really no angst in Stretch. A bit because of the miscarriage thing and because of Ran's father death, but nothing too overwhelming.

I think people are overreacting because the relationship makes no explicit progress. It's all low key and subtexty and it's frustrating.

I don't think that is that. I think that's more a case of fear of uncertainty about the future.
We don't really know what Shou is thinking to do with this series. And deep in our hearts we fear that Shou will do the ultimate troll move and give this series and het end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.