Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

joined May 1, 2015

This chapter. Too cute for words.

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Matsuri's faces were on point this chapter.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Swo!on indeed! Miss Sunflower also chose well the words, one could easily said "it would not bother me" or "dont be silly", but to thank and say that you loved it will become a powerfull memory.

All the more so given that Japanese + manga tendency not to include the referent. I mean, no actual misunderstanding here, but if she just said "Suki!" it's sure some powerful dream fuel for Matsuri.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

oh my god I love Fuuko so much, the way she cares so much about miss sunflower is adorable T-T

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

I'm gonna miss this manga so much.

joined Jun 5, 2021

Does anyone know the source of the picture in the credits page of ch 74?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

One fine day we’re going to get a whole chapter consisting of nothing but close-ups of Miss Sunflower’s blushing reactions to Matsuri.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch91#8

Maybe on their wedding day . . .

joined May 1, 2015

Damn, Matsuri is scary.
Knowing the scent of Miss Sunflower's fabric softener.
If this isn't love, I don't know what it is.

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 3:39PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Damn, Matsuri is scary.
Knowing the scent of Miss Sunflower's fabric softener.
If this isn't love, I don't know what it is.

In other contexts it might be considered “stalking,” but I don’t think that's the issue here. For now.

Matsuri’s compliments to Miss Sunflower used to come off like silly puppy love, but these days she seems like she’s just macking on her. lol

(Like, “Yeah, girl, I’m looking at you. You smell so fiiiiine—uh uh uuuum!” Miss Sunflower blushes madly in reply.)

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 4:19PM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I absolutely agree with Matsuri here. Any time Himawari-san blushes is an absolute highlight of the chapter.

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 5:12PM

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

What's with all the Smell stuff lately?

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 5:44PM

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Is this the first time this manga about books has actually named and and talked about specific book? Usually they just like, refer passively to the existence of books rather than reference ones from the real world.

What's with all the Smell stuff lately?

Well, this one’s just coïncidence — this series is old. The only other thing with Smell lately has been that one fetish series, but that’s not really a lot.

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 6:19PM

joined May 8, 2022

Is this the first time this manga about books has actually named and and talked about specific book? Usually they just like, refer passively to the existence of books rather than reference ones from the real world.

They Mentioned and discussed a Japanese Children's book at one point. No clue what chapter though.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ahhh! Good chapter!

joined Mar 23, 2022

Yes more matsuri and miss sunflower moments

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

This is the first chapter where I can really feel the fact that we're getting close to the end. It's a strange feeling for a manga that, to be totally honest, I never thought I would get to see to the end. Kind of a scary feeling, knowing that in the reasonably near future I'll be saying "Goodbye" to these characters I've grown so fond of over the years. I'm not ready for it to end, but at the same time I'm excited to see what these last two volumes hold.

last edited at Aug 5, 2022 4:58AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

They sure found exactly the wrong adults to talk about exams. :D

joined May 1, 2015

Miss Sunflower will have to deal with no Matsuri for a few days. How will she cope?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Miss Sunflower will have to deal with no Matsuri for a few days. How will she cope?

That’s a notable switch, isn’t it? Used to be that Matsuri would lament not getting her Miss Sunflower fix every day; now Miss Sunflower is taken aback by Matsuri voluntarily staying away.

And what’s with Yuu-sensei moving nearby? She obviously is going to be around more, but to what end? Just to keep hate-flirting with Onii-san?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Gotta add a side Het tag.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Ooh I’m glad we get to see more exploration of Yuu’s character, I’d been wanting that.

Just to keep hate-flirting with Onii-san?

Worth it lol. Those two had better be endgame

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

Ooh I’m glad we get to see more exploration of Yuu’s character, I’d been wanting that.

Personally, I see the relationship between Yuu-san and Onii-san as bickering between an older sister and younger brother where a mutual care is hidden. Or a bickering Subordinate-Master relationship with the same underlying care. I can see them both disgusted by any romantic or flirtatious implication or conclusion.

Yuu-san's current residence was chosen out of its proximity to the previous Miss Sunflower. And since her passing, Yuu-san has kept close both physically and emotionally to her. The context of Yuu-san moving was prefaced with the current Miss Sunflower accepting and addressing her attachment to the previous Miss Sunflower. This allowing her to further develop individually.

Yuu-san notes that some of the direction of the new Bookery would be opposed by the previous Miss Sunflower. However, she also notes the current Miss Sunflower as moving on in her own direction and then notices the good that has been cultivated with change and acceptance of what is not permanent. This is when Yuu-san suddenly feels the urge to move.

She decided to move, because she no longer needs the proximity to the previous Miss Sunflower. It can also be concluded that Yuu-san has developed an affinity for the current Miss Sunflower and wants to be closer.

I doubt Yuu-san's decision has anything to do with Onii-san. In this chapter, Yuu-san, though not so seriously, equates Onii-san to a car.

last edited at Aug 6, 2022 1:34PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Personally, I see the relationship between Yuu-san and Onii-san as bickering between an older sister and younger brother where a mutual care is hidden. Or a bickering Subordinate-Master relationship with the same underlying care. I can see them both disgusted by any romantic or flirtatious implication or conclusion.

Yuu-san's current residence was chosen out of its proximity to the previous Miss Sunflower. And since her passing, Yuu-san has kept close both physically and emotionally to her. The context of Yuu-san moving was prefaced with the current Miss Sunflower accepting and addressing her attachment to the previous Miss Sunflower. This allowing her to further develop individually.

Yuu-san notes that some of the direction of the new Bookery would be opposed by the previous Miss Sunflower. However, she also notes the current Miss Sunflower as moving on in her own direction and then notices the good that has been cultivated with change and acceptance of what is not permanent. This is when Yuu-san suddenly feels the urge to move.

I doubt Yuu-san's decision has anything to do with Onii-san. In this chapter, Yuu-san, though not so seriously, equates Onii-san to a car.

Sorry, I was not talking about the character’s internal reasons, although I see how my speculation could be taken that way.

I’m actually wondering about the author’s reasons for bringing the character into closer physical proximity. Obviously, the first reason is to make it so Yuu-sensei will have an excuse to be on the scene more often without needing a special reason for having traveled a long way.

But that leads to the real question: what does the author plan to have the character be doing in the last couple of volumes? Moving allows her to have a more regular, and perhaps larger, role in the story, but what is that role likely to be?

Tumblr_6092d594b3a92296a4d35bac1b1a474c_c2d1131f_400
joined Apr 4, 2022

my heart

To reply you must either login or sign up.