Forum › Hoshikawa Ginza District 4 discussion

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

I can't remember why, but I had only read the first two chapters but not more, anyway I finished it in just one run and I really like it, I can't say if it's better than Shoujo sect, 'cuz I never finished that also, but this, I enjoyed it plenty.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

재밋어요~ ㅎㅎ

Speak English or Japanese.

Grinning_Wolves
Ldd
joined Apr 9, 2014

This is the first multi-chapter story that i read on Dynasty and it still hits me. So Good :3

joined Mar 25, 2013

What the fuck was this? Suddenly a jarring change of tone driving my enjoyment down the shitter pipe, felt mindfuck as if I was suddenly reading something else suck in between the pages... I am NOT talking about the rushed rough drafts the mangaka turned in, shitstorm bombardment started before those.

Not sure what bit you're talking about exactly. Most of it seems fine to me, generally slice of life with an overarching plot of their progression as a couple, which comes more to the fore as the series progresses.

The bit that did jar me a lot was the bit with the other girl spying on them, then extorting Otome for sex. And Otome going along with it! What!? That was not only disturbing, but made no sense for Otome's character and worse, it didn't even have a narrative impact as it was essentially forgotten and never referred to again. If nothing else, that had a serious negative effect an otherwise great series for me.

You know holding each other while nude does not automatically equal sex right?

The extortion was for nude pictures (still bad i guess) then as Hina desperately tried for more, getting rejected again. Then she broke down in tears and Otome held her to comfort her. At no point was it really implied that they did anything more.

Finally got around to reading this, and I've got to say I agree with Nezchan. The agreement was for her to take pictures and touch her. So even if it wasn't shown there was an indication to a passing of time which means sex.

Also old post is old I know..

last edited at Aug 10, 2014 4:08PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

when it was doing the time transitioning, hina was crying in otome's arms. when it came back, they were in mostly the same position. nothing happened other than lots of crying and a comforting embrace. so unless they were doing it froggy style, i find it hard to believe they had sex.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Could be, but there are still all the other times that are not shown, so it's more than likely that that they had sex, and on more than one occasion. Kind of NTR-ish really..

last edited at Aug 10, 2014 5:57PM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

The vibe I got was that Hina was intending to blackmail her into sex, but broke down and nothing more than naked cuddling happend.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I liked this a lot. I don't typically like age-gap or student-teacher stories but maybe I am just a sucker for the lovey dovey stuff because this manga made me feel pretty good. It isn't your typical student-teacher story but it's a good play on it for sure. One notable complaint was that I wanted a stronger realization of their romantic feelings for each other. I did feel the connection, but it was a bit underwhelming.
Now I must rant. I was ready to right this story off as one of my favorites, but that thing with Hina absolutely destroyed all of it. It honestly ruined the story for me. It was completely unecessary and threw the whole story into chaos for me. Hina was a horrible person for doing that and Otome was far too forgiving, it really felt like Otome was cheating on Minato and it was a complete betrayal. The thought of Otome and Hina having sex never crossed my mind and I am positive they didn't. At the very least I am glad Otome refused to kiss her, but that was the only thing that redeemed her for me. I understand she did it to protect her relationship with Minato and there was no other way, but she could have given me a little more. I wish I could erase that chapter honestly. It never happened.

last edited at Mar 25, 2015 2:00AM

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

It was a nice story, with likeable characters and a nice ending
part of me wants the story to continue, but I'm also glad it had a proper ending

I don' t see how Hina ruined the story for some people
Otome didn't betray Minato, and Hina eventually became supportive of their relationship

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

SaxonSun's rant is dead on. Completely destroyed the story, allthough tbh I only blame myself for reading this series, since I have honestly never seen Kurogane Ken draw anything that wasn't psychotic immoral bullshit and also beyond lazy and phoned in. This was both, ofc (old lover shows up? Checkish... close enough. Have to seperate to focus on work/study? Check. Side characters who coicententally show up having the exact same problem as the main character/s? Check. Love rival who goes psycho? Checkaroony. + everything done in the most psycho disturbing way ever {cough Hina cough.})

That makes this sort of the quinestential Kurogane Ken story, right?

(P.S. Honestly, though, I feel like this. smh. So gullible on my part. The second I realized where I recognized the art from... I should have stopped reading. I got harshly punished for my stupdity. ._.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Side characters who coicententally show up having the exact same problem as the main character/s? Check.

Wait, what was this one? I reread this reasonably recently but I don't remember anything like this at all.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

probably referring to the cram school pair.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

probably referring to the cram school pair.

Oh right. They end up playing such a small role (and their story isn't even concluded) that I completely forgot about them.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I liked this one, because the pair is really cute, but the way the age gap is handled puts me off. A 20 something woman falling for a 11/12 yo girl, getting all aroused and kissy-kissy, is still kinda creepy when you think about it, despite the cuteness of the characters,

I'm not much of a fan of the age gap thing, tbh.

I wouldn't have minded if Otome had been a bit older. But then, the promise to not touch each others beyond kisses before being older wouldn't have made much sense.

And I'm positive Otome didn't have sex with Hina (still, Hina is an horrible person).

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

You know, there's something that's been bugging me a long time about this series: how the heck does she teach Home Economics?!? Unless the class is something very different in Japan, I just don't see it.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

She wouldn't be the first teacher who is able to teach the academic part of something while being no good at the practical part. Still, the Home Economics class would definitely include cooking (or is it mostly cooking?), and could she really teach that very well when she can't cook herself?

joined May 1, 2013

Wow this manga is soo good, how could I miss until today? I enjoyned almost or maybe more than girfriends, and I usually don't like age gap or teacher/student plots, so it was very surprising!

last edited at May 10, 2015 4:18AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Wow this manga is soo good, how could I miss until today? I enjoyned almost or maybe more than girfriends, and I usually don't like age gap or teacher/student plots, so it was very surprising!

Surprising is apt. Whenever I start thinking of my top five yuri manga, this always comes to mind quickly, and then I take a few seconds to marvel at how something prior to my reading this I found so creepy (that age gap in anything else would earn an instant NOPE!) could be so amazing.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm trying to decide if I'm more creeped out by the fact that Otome's 13 and sensei's 26 or that I was totally okay with it.

LateNightLeona
Ttkls2
joined Aug 13, 2013

I loved this story a lot, especially the conclusion, I have a bunch of unfinished fanart floating around in my HDD of otome and minato, so sad Tsubomi..

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

I want see otome without those pig tails soooo CURIOUS 0-0

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Can somebody explain the ending to me? Why the hell did they kept being separated till she opens her own buisness?

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

the initial separation was because otome's mom remarried so her family situation was fixed legally. once she was able to leave the house i figured that since both were getting kinda dependent on each other, they wanted to stay separate until both could live independently and be "worthy" of each other and in doing so, become true equals instead of being child/guardian or student/teacher.

cuz when you think about it, otome never really did anything for herself, always for minato. all she really knew was staying at home, taking care of minato, and doing things that minato told her to do. meanwhile, minato never really grew out of her spoiled child tendencies from when she was little.

last edited at Nov 23, 2015 11:25PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

The real reason is that that's just how yuri works. Seperation is easy drama.

To reply you must either login or sign up.