Forum › I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me discussion

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Holy shit.

That title alone made me read this, but I've always wondered about the MC to a harem being gay XD must be hell!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kindof a Yurika.

Somehow, he attracts only females.

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 3:52PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It's nice to see that someone finally made this. Even if the whole point is encapsulated in the title

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 5:11PM

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

This was really, really good, can wait for the next installment.

In any-case I don't think the guy was being an asshole at all. If anything he was being nice by not leading them on, showing quite clearly that he's not interested... and yet they keep trying, making his irritability very understandable. If this showed the reversal situation, a lesbian in the middle of a reverse harem, everyone would call out the guys for being assholes and not the girl. The bias against men in here is so strong that its seems that in order to avoid being called a jerk they must remain silent, or be perfect all the time. Something that is quite problematic whenever a realistic male character shows up. I know that we all love Yuri here but I do find the bias displayed by some people to be irritating sometimes. /rant

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 6:10PM

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

In any-case I don't think the guy was being an asshole at all. If anything he was being nice by not leading them on, showing quite clearly that he's not interested... and yet they keep trying, making his irritability very understandable. If this showed the reversal situation, a lesbian in the middle of a reverse harem, everyone would call out the guys for being assholes and not the girl. The bias against men in here is so strong that its seems that in order to avoid being called a jerk they must remain silent, or be perfect all the time. Something that is quite problematic whenever a realistic male character shows up. I know that we all love Yuri here but I do find the bias displayed by some people to be irritating sometimes. /rant

Exactly. If anything, this guy should be making it more clear he's not interested so they'll give up before they're emotionally invested. Unfortunately, the fact that he's a harem protagonist means that females will be relentlessly on the attack regardless what he says or does, so his bored, irritated dismissal of them ends up being quite understandable.

Hopefully there are more installments after the finale. There's a lot of potential for humor in this series.

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 7:16PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

From what I understand, there is only one page missing.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

those ladies need to stop being rude and stop trying to get into his pants!!
he's gay dammit! leave him alone!
it's a joke calm down feminist

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 8:30PM

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I'm not big on yaoi but I would read gold like this any day.

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 7:50PM

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

YESS

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

absoluuuute faaaaAAAAV

4og3pf8
joined Jan 27, 2012

I guess Yaoi manga skip the characters development and skip for the finale next chapter!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Calling it now, Harui-kun is the main character of a Gender bender manga and is really a girl who has to pretend to be a dude because her family is in debt or something.

__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I enjoy the poking fun at harem manga part. But don't like how this guys have been acting like an asshole toward the girl.

10/10 though can't deny that MC is still kind of asshole

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Ever since this morning when I saw one page of this I been so curious to read the rest. This also seems to be the first time I ever read a Yaoi related stuff and actually think is not half bad, who would have thought that was possible.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

This manga needed to be made, like 15+ years ago.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Amazing. Amazing. Im so happy this exists. I love this MC. This poor, suffering MC.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

This is revolutionary and so badly needed to be written. It's like a big middle finger to all those generic inexplicable harem tropes that are so popular all the time.

joined Apr 14, 2013

Why isnt there more of things like this

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

I didn't notice the oneshot tag, so the last page was the best joke to me. It was also kind of disappointing because damn I need more.

1599531_403762246435445_1409813519_o
joined Mar 14, 2014

This is amazing and I'm not a huge yaoi fan I hate harems to death so this is the manga for me!

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

I wonder why he just doesn't come out as gay? It seems it would make his life much easier, lol

Because Japan is actually super homophobic in real life.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Aahahaha that was freakin great! XD... Loved how it made fun of harems.

And at everyone calling him out for being an asshole. How do you outwardly try to let others know you want to be left alone without coming across as an asshole?? (I did the same thing all the time in high school when turning down invitations to hang out, I played sports a lot so I lied and then in reality, played video games all weekend long! X-P .) Lastly, he really wasn't openly being a jerk to them at all. Most of his in-head talk was just trying to get them to stop bothering him only to be dumbfounded by the girl's reactions i.e. "What the hell."

I wonder why he just doesn't come out as gay? It seems it would make his life much easier, lol

Because Japan is actually super homophobic in real life.

Exactly, it's not like we haven't come across this same type of situation countless times in the plethora of yuri stories on this site before O_o

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

I don't know if I should be jealous or pity him lol

Shingeki.no.kyojin.full.1508027
joined Aug 20, 2013

this is so hilarious xD

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

This is great, man. Harem manga usually end up making me pissed off, due to the lack of a stable plot and likable characters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.