Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Feb 7, 2020

New chapter “secret chapter” of ONE
https://mobile.twitter.com/alggumba/status/1239930493954478080
Please favorite and retweet

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

I have seen the "secret chapter" on Bomtoon. Seju and Wonnie's date at the swimming pool was pretty cute and damn sexy of course :D

It's safe to say, Seju is no longer burdened by the past and seems to be enjoying a drama-free life with her new GF by her side. I know bish Alggumba mentioned Seju won't lose the value of her life even if she broke up with Won, but why on earth would they ever break up? Barring any dumb mistakes on their parts, those two seems like they're capable of communicating with one another and sorting out their issues like proper adults (which they have done). Won especially, has shown herself to be quite attentive towards Seju and is wiling to have patience with her. Seju may not love her as crazy as she did with Sumin, but she'll realized someday Won is the one for her.

Well, sadly that's the only extra we're getting out of those two. I highly doubt they'll add several more panels at the final Will chapter, showing lovey dovey moments between them... It's clear enough the author has some extreme favouritism for the main couple. I expect the sexy time between Sumin x Sungji will have a lot more panels in Will.

joined Feb 7, 2020

It was cute indeed
I laughed my heart out when Seju pushed Won and seeing her complaining and failing to practice is priceless. So damn adorable.
The way Seju acted shows that she healed and having a great time finally.

joined Jan 17, 2019

Ah, dammnit! I’m few years late for this thread! So many emotions, discussions, theories (delusional or not), and all this while first arcs were still ongoing...

Guys, what are you reading nowodays? Maybe I can join the party while it’s not over yet ;)

joined Jun 6, 2016

Ah, dammnit! I’m few years late for this thread! So many emotions, discussions, theories (delusional or not), and all this while first arcs were still ongoing...

Guys, what are you reading nowodays? Maybe I can join the party while it’s not over yet ;)

It is old, but it might be my all time favorite

Her shimcheong

For me, the arts, messages and story are on point.
It’s up on my list above wdtfs. It doesn’t need any SEX or SMUT! It’s just pure good written story telling.

And fortunately, it’s more popular in Korea, Japan and china than those who use sex. It got released into 3 printed books, well received by public, especially female. It got billboard ads, commercial and even rumored to have a plan to get a live action or animation.

Summary, if you want a good story and not just plain sex, this is for you
If you only want the sex part, there is none here

last edited at May 30, 2020 10:55AM

Gpz_rio_1222
joined Nov 10, 2019

what the FUCK happenened here, why the hell are there so many comments?? maybe im just a normie but JEESH, can someone fill me in?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

what the FUCK happenened here, why the hell are there so many comments?? maybe im just a normie but JEESH, can someone fill me in?

Well, at first there was a lot of chat about how to use Lezhin to read the story (paying for it, etc).

Then there were a series of (loosely speaking) shipping wars, quite a few mostly pro- but some anti-Seju character analyses, and complaints about the writing/story structure. Some of those discussions involved more than one person who insisted on having the last word, with predictable results on the volume of posts.

Then new readers would come along from time to time and most of the above topics would flare up again.

That’s my take, anyway.

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 12:33PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Pretty much what Blastaar pointed out but i'd add that most of the conversations were just rehashes that went round and round barely bringing anything new to the table.

joined Jun 12, 2015

SungjixSumin FTW! Team Blondie forever!

last edited at Jun 12, 2020 1:23AM

joined Jan 17, 2020

SejuxSungji

Sumin foreveralone

joined Mar 21, 2017

Pineapplexpizza forever

joined Jan 17, 2019

It is old, but it might be my all time favorite

Her shimcheong

For me, the arts, messages and story are on point.
It’s up on my list above wdtfs. It doesn’t need any SEX or SMUT! It’s just pure good written story telling.

And fortunately, it’s more popular in Korea, Japan and china than those who use sex. It got released into 3 printed books, well received by public, especially female. It got billboard ads, commercial and even rumored to have a plan to get a live action or animation.

Summary, if you want a good story and not just plain sex, this is for you
If you only want the sex part, there is none here

Vanbun, thanks a lot!
This one is on my list :) and your points seem interesting to me, so I’m planning on reading it after finishing It would be great if you didn’t exist :)

Thanks once again and all the best!

joined Nov 5, 2020

Well it depends on the "mistake". If it's cheating then it's not just a mistake.
And I can understand why Sumin broke up with Seju after that, but the fact that she kept coming back to her and not letting her move on, as well as her cheating on Sungji but been forgiven is crazy.

I totally agree. Seju deserved a second chance after all those years of sticking with Sumin. If a second chance was given and they still didn't work. Then, I might love SuminxSungji and SejuxWon in the end. But I didn't get that kind of peace. I've only felt empty after reading WDTFS

QueenCristina72
joined Nov 5, 2020

Anyways, TG knows what she's writing and she knows that SUMIN/SUNGJI and SEJU/DOWON are the perfect matches.

I can agree with everything else you've said, although they're still debatable but this one is a stretch to say the least. We don't know Do woon, and we haven't even seen them dating long term. You can't say they're the perfect match.
I also doubt TG have this master plan for them. It really seems like at this point they're just milking this series, like someone here said. The story could have ended in season 1.
Do woon is likable in comparison with Sumin and how she treated Seju? Or the fact that she seems nicer, even though we haven't seen much anyway. Well, that's not enough for me personally to get more invested in their story.

The whole marketing of wdtfs is not reading about a cute healthy relationship. It's to tangle into the more dark ones. Take that away from it and what is there left? Cute relationships? Well there are tons of other mangas that do better job at it, and on top of that the love interests are not even that interesting here. Like Sungji hasn't actually helped Sumin move on. She's just there being cute and hasn't even fought.

I don't disagree that Sumin is over Seju. But it feels more forced that she is over her because she is supposed to end up with Sungji.
It's like the author is saying Sumin and Sungji are meant to be, but their actions (the way they're writing the story) says the opposite.
And even if we ignore that, why still give them more chapters even after season 1 was over? Again, actions speak.louder than words for TG here.
When the extra chapters came out, I was ready to move on and read about Seju with a new girl. But we get their flashbacks again.

Yup! I don't understand the reason behind all the flashbacks. Whhhhhyyyyyy????!!!! I want to move on from Seju and Sumin's past(that admit I am captivated) and see Seju at peace with herself first before jumping into next relationship. Not those flashback that only makes me ship them more and an instant relationship with Do won for her to heal.

QueenCristina72
joined Nov 5, 2020

All the SuminxSeju flashback didn't help at all. I won't argue with SuminxSungji fans here. I am one of you guys in the beginning but the flashback guys.. it break my heart. Besides SuminxSungji was pretty obvious from the start. What I don't understand is the reason behind showing SuminxSeju's past to the point of making a side story about them. To torture us Team Pink? I just hope that someday Team Gaji decides to make a "what if" sequel...

A SuminxSeju in a different multiverse...

Screenshot_5
joined Sep 15, 2020

What I don't understand is the reason behind showing SuminxSeju's past to the point of making a side story about them. To torture us Team Pink? I just hope that someday Team Gaji decides to make a "what if" sequel...

if there was a story where the author was indecisive about the end couple and made an alternate timeline(s), wdtfs should be it. i would actually like to see SejuxSungji as a joke or a threesome even(where sungji and seju decide to share sumin,lol that's even better), but SuminxSeju is the ultimate pairing of the series. no amount of thinking could change my mind. it's literally their story.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I thought I might take a look at this until I saw the chapter 2 tirade page from...whomever, and the first post of this thread. Yeah, I think I'll keep my "dirty gaijin money" and give it to people who don't feel the need to insult me.

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 12:36AM

joined Jul 10, 2020

All the SuminxSeju flashback didn't help at all. I won't argue with SuminxSungji fans here. I am one of you guys in the beginning but the flashback guys.. it break my heart. Besides SuminxSungji was pretty obvious from the start. What I don't understand is the reason behind showing SuminxSeju's past to the point of making a side story about them. To torture us Team Pink? I just hope that someday Team Gaji decides to make a "what if" sequel...

To show how much they used to be madly in love with one another would be the answer. But yeah, it was overdone that made things repetitively boring. Besides, these flashbacks mixing in with the present seem like such a lazy way of storytelling. I much rather see those flashbacks on their own or better yet, having details about their past subtly explained through character dialogues or seeing something in the present.

joined Jul 10, 2020

Out of boredom, I had another look through at this series after a long while. And just when I thought about putting in my own two cents concerning this series (which would mostly be negative), I suddenly decided I can't be bothered lol. It's like that saying goes: "Some things are better left unsaid".

My question is, when's the creator going to make another series? It's been like five years since they made their debut. Are we expecting one more big hit from them or is that it?

joined Dec 20, 2020

So here is a question: did Seju try to kill herself by drowning in the pool out of a suicidal impulse, or was she really trying to joke with Dowon? I want to think the former, but then again, she did seem super chill, didn't cough or anything lol

joined Dec 20, 2020

Idk

joined Jul 10, 2020

Looks like the writer has deleted her twitter account, apparently didn't appreciate the rude fans. If you ask me, more like she's being a snowflake who can't accept any criticism about her work, wants only praise and money to be thrown at her only, lol.

joined Jan 21, 2021

I only read this manhwa recently and I'm very late to the party, but it's so reassuring to find the discussion and to share the view with many. Guess that's what the forums are for.

This way of writing reminds me of Ichigo 100% (one of my youthful mistakes). Great art, started out with fated girl, ended with the bland one, but all so much more interesting compared to the dumb i-dont-get-who-can-love-this protagonist. By the end Sungji seems so much like a third wheel, and the Will side story is the highlight of why Sumin is so hated.

After chapter 50, like people said, I pretty much read for the boobs, and continued till the end for the boobs. Amen.

joined Feb 21, 2021

I'm newbie just finished Wdtfs. I saw some said the writer mentioned about Seju breaks up with Won? But why? Sumin and Sungji got married but why just want Seju to be a loner? Won is a nice person why thinking of break them off?

joined Feb 21, 2021

Well, despite my gripes with the storytelling in this series, there is one aspect that I found which really nails home: the painful realistic reminder about relationship coming from Seju and Sumn's past experience. I mean, you and your partner may spend many years of blissful moments together, making promises about loving each other forever and all that. However, somewhere along the line, it may only take a single instance or two for your whole relationship to fall apart, and you ended up becoming strangers to each other. It's a harsh truth that love doesn't always conquers all.

Yes, really painful to read and feel sad for Seju too! Looks like the writer just wanna make Seju single for a whole life and only Sumin deserves the happiness

To reply you must either login or sign up.