Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Jan 17, 2020

Guys I’m not sad just because Sumin and Seju is not an endgame. I’m sad because Sumin wanted to go separate, in a way of giving up a 17 years together. Seju is a huge part of your life, as a friend, lover, and someone who supported you in your worst times.
Yeah Sumin then again went back to Seju’s company but Seju left it.
Just.. why?

Because the author sucks and said so. We all know Seju and Sumin were the logical endgame if the story was good, but it was good only accidentally, for a short period of time. If you go back 500 pages of discussion here, that's pretty much the conclusion.

It’s so painful

My advice is for you to move on, this manhwa is a trap. If you want something also mature and with an ending that actually makes sense: Girl in the Birdcage.

last edited at Feb 8, 2020 9:05PM

joined Feb 7, 2020

Because the author sucks and said so. We all know Seju and Sumin were the logical endgame if the story was good, but it was good only accidentally, for a short period of time. If you go back 500 pages of discussion here, that's pretty much the conclusion.

You are right, and I’m glad that almost everyone agrees here. For me I see Seju stays in Jejo felt more of throwing her out, so things was not logical in jejo, and in Seoul it’s was hella boring with Sumin. As for Sungji, well she doesn’t exist, sorry not sorry
The story simply lost it

My advice is for you to move on, this manhwa is a trap. If you want something also mature and with an ending that actually makes sense: Girl in the Birdcage.

Thank you very much for the recommendation

joined Mar 21, 2017

Unlike a lot of people here i didnt like Seju but i agree that this story was a dumpster fire and was always suprised when people thought it was written so well. There are way better stories out there.

Also neither Seju or Sumin really felt like they learnt any life lessons by the end of it.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 2:22AM

joined Feb 7, 2020

Unlike a lot of people hear i didnt like Seju but i agree that this story was a dumpster fire and was always suprised when people thought it was written so well. There are way better stories out there.

It was full with double standards, hypocrites, and what a garbage writing, it’s so sad coz the art was so damn beautiful

Also neither Seju or Sumin really felt like they learnt any life lessons by the end of it.

Yeah they got angelic girlfriends who won’t see their flaws, and if, they will forgive no matter what, that’s precisely why I thought it’s better and more interesting if Seju, and Sumin faced their flaws like an adults after years of budding heads

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 4:34PM

joined Jan 17, 2020

The moral of the story is actually very depressing: it's pretty much saying that if you made mistakes in life you are just screwed. You can't really change and your relationship is doomed, unless you find a doormat new partner to fill in that emptiness. Yikes.

joined Feb 7, 2020

The moral of the story is actually very depressing: it's pretty much saying that if you made mistakes in life you are just screwed. You can't really change and your relationship is doomed, unless you find a doormat new partner to fill in that emptiness. Yikes.

A doormat new partner who won’t look at your mistakes ( the mistake you didn’t forgive others for) and you can still can an asshole and not forgive others yet ask for forgiveness
This applies for the main character Sumin

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 12:40AM

joined Feb 10, 2020

lol gotta create an account to say this: some of you seriously need to grow up. The message of this story is to accept the reality and move on from whatever you experienced in the past. A mistake committed, once it's unforgiven, it will never be forgiven no matter how hard you try (take the cheating for example, it was taken place under different circumstances in Seju's case and Sumin's case so don't ever compare it) Sumin was determined to let go of Seju back then but because of long time memories of them being together that she refused to go back to the present and talk things out with Seju and vice versa, due to her dramatic upbringing, Seju couldn't find any person who love her in this world besides Sumin like any ordinary people out there- she didn't even have a single friend lol so she clinged onto this relationship of hers and Sumin even if it was just obsession. Their feelings were not the same like before, like Seju said in the end: "now even if you get together with me, you will miss your other love rather than the me in the PAST" Seju finally faced the reality that Sumin only love a Baek Seju from 10 years ago, outside of that, ever since from the cheating, she's no longer the Baek Seju Sumin can love and will ever love with romantic feelings anymore. Same to Seju when she opened up about these with Won "I know it's obsession, it became a habit, afraid of changes, comfortable with familiarity. i held onto these pains to feel alive" She was obviously trapped herself in comfort-zone, a comfort-zone of having the old Sumin who used to love her by her side, to not feel abandoned. It was no longer love lmao they were literally taking advantage of the other's existence to fill in emptiness.

So why should they faced their flaws together like an adult after years later knowing that they don't love each other anymore? What's that point? The only possibility is they will go back to being friends. But please remember, for the terms friends, they could have befriended when Seju said goodbye to Sumin and when she went back to Hello Studio to transfer the company to the new CEO in side stories. Sumin looked like she had no problems with that (i don't know if it's the same to Sungji) but it was Seju who decided to cut off any contact they had together. It was Seju who dropped the note Sumin gave her in the airport. It was Seju who spitted out the mitten Sumin knitted for her and disgarded it like it never existed later on. It's all up to Seju how their relationship status would be like years later but too bad it's still Seju who wanna put a period to it. In the end the only one who learnt the life lesson of letting go is Seju.

People should learn how to differentiate the past from the present, the "I need you" from "I love you". Was it that hard to see Sumin and Seju only needed each other throughout their 10 years of torture? So why should a couple that is no longer in love go back together? I don't know about Sumin's case because it seems like she has no character development after all but for Seju, she has learnt many life lessons from Sumin, her mother, the brother who tried to kill her and from Won as well, including:
+ Sumin: to know that no matter what people say, nothing will change the fact that they used to love each other. And that should be enough. No need to hold onto past memories anymore. Also, if it's not yours, it will never be yours lmao.
+ Her mother: rather than being abandonded, she was actually loved at first sight by her mother, and brother Saehyun, she learnt not to give up on life no matter how bad the situation she was in, like her mother didn't have any second thought on giving up on her even though she knew it's so risky to give birth to Seju.
+ Third brother: to learn the truth from him, to learn how to stand up for the people she care, and for the very first time she could bring herself to take actions, rather than sitting around watching the garbage stabbing her back. She learnt from being a passive to an active to her abhorrent family.
+ Won: Won's life was similar to her, losing the person she loved just because of her only mistake. But more unluckily than Seju, Won had no chance to regret and redeem her mistake. She taught Seju how to move on, to know that it doesn't matter what she had experienced in the past, she had to keep on living no matter what, and in life you don't necessarily find a purpose to live, all you need to do is live on. I believe some folks translated the author's tweet on what she wanna deliver in ONE this way.

Please don't just use your feelings to read the story. Life is not about romantic love only lmao it doesn't mean Sumin and Seju lost the whole world once they lost each other. I hope you don't have to rely on any people to live lmao What's the matter if you're heartbroken anyway? Move on and find another one to love llol after all they are just past lovers and that bond can be broken in just a blink of eye like any other real life couples out there. In the end those who can't accept the reality but keep on trapping themselves in the past broken memories are the most pitiful ones llol This is absolutely the only life lesson i've learnt from reading all of these wdtfs-related comments.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 1:36AM

joined Feb 7, 2020

lol gotta create an account to say this: some of you seriously need to grow up. The message of this story is to accept the reality and move on from whatever you experienced in the past. A mistake committed, once it's unforgiven, it will never be forgiven no matter how hard you try (take the cheating for example, it was taken place under different circumstances in Seju's case and Sumin's case so don't ever compare it)

Fine Sumin don’t have to forgive. Fine just go
but torturing Seju for 10 years is way too much, she went blind on all Seju’s other problems and just torture all for her only one Mistake.
Coming like a dog after every fail relationship!!
And cheating is cheating, yes we can compare the situation. You’re hurt the seek for help, see a therapist, at least freakin talk it out with Seju!

Sumin was determined to let go of Seju back
then but because of long time memories of them being together that she refused to go back to the present and talk things out with Seju and vice versa,

I think 10 years is way too much again, as a mature and for someone you used to love at least you should’ve talk things out

Look I read all your post and I think you see thing from Sumitn pov, and honestly I understand since she’s the main character
Fine Sumin is hurt, but doesn’t mean you should torture the one you once loved, you don’t have to fuck someone and call Seju to listen to your moans, and date 30 other women for Seju to see and regret her mistake, and then asked to go separate ways while her father is literally dying! ENOUGH!
It’s a mistake she didn’t mean to hurt Sumin. After all that we can see Sumin is forgiven for cheating and less than 10 minutes lol
Then dumbed Seju in the funeral of her father!!
Is Seju being Satan to treat her this way? And what for cheating the mistake also done by sumin but got out so lightly!!
This is simply double standards
As for the company she is the one who said we need to go separate ways
Seju took so much shit from Sumin that I can’t blame her for leaving, I don’t blame her at all
As for the mitten I’m sorry I laughed so hard!
What’s is she suppose to do when she is choking with the mitten and Won is about to die!!
See things from Seju’s pov please

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 2:41AM

joined Feb 7, 2020

lol gotta create an account to say this: some of you seriously need to grow up. The message of this story is to accept the reality and move on from whatever you experienced in the past. A mistake committed, once it's unforgiven, it will never be forgiven no matter how hard you try (take the cheating for example, it was taken place under different circumstances in Seju's case and Sumin's case so don't ever compare it) Sumin was determined to let go of Seju back then but because of long time memories of them being together that she refused to go back to the present and talk things out with Seju and vice versa, due to her dramatic upbringing, Seju couldn't find any person who love her in this world besides Sumin like any ordinary people out there- she didn't even have a single friend lol so she clinged onto this relationship of hers and Sumin even if it was just obsession. Their feelings were not the same like before, like Seju said in the end: "now even if you get together with me, you will miss your other love rather than the me in the PAST" Seju finally faced the reality that Sumin only love a Baek Seju from 10 years ago, outside of that, ever since from the cheating, she's no longer the Baek Seju Sumin can love and will ever love with romantic feelings anymore. Same to Seju when she opened up about these with Won "I know it's obsession, it became a habit, afraid of changes, comfortable with familiarity. i held onto these pains to feel alive" She was obviously trapped herself in comfort-zone, a comfort-zone of having the old Sumin who used to love her by her side, to not feel abandoned. It was no longer love lmao they were literally taking advantage of the other's existence to fill in emptiness.

So why should they faced their flaws together like an adult after years later knowing that they don't love each other anymore? What's that point? The only possibility is they will go back to being friends. But please remember, for the terms friends, they could have befriended when Seju said goodbye to Sumin and when she went back to Hello Studio to transfer the company to the new CEO in side stories. Sumin looked like she had no problems with that (i don't know if it's the same to Sungji) but it was Seju who decided to cut off any contact they had together. It was Seju who dropped the note Sumin gave her in the airport. It was Seju who spitted out the mitten Sumin knitted for her and disgarded it like it never existed later on. It's all up to Seju how their relationship status would be like years later but too bad it's still Seju who wanna put a period to it. In the end the only one who learnt the life lesson of letting go is Seju.

People should learn how to differentiate the past from the present, the "I need you" from "I love you". Was it that hard to see Sumin and Seju only needed each other throughout their 10 years of torture? So why should a couple that is no longer in love go back together? I don't know about Sumin's case because it seems like she has no character development after all but for Seju, she has learnt many life lessons from Sumin, her mother, the brother who tried to kill her and from Won as well, including:
+ Sumin: to know that no matter what people say, nothing will change the fact that they used to love each other. And that should be enough. No need to hold onto past memories anymore. Also, if it's not yours, it will never be yours lmao.
+ Her mother: rather than being abandonded, she was actually loved at first sight by her mother, and brother Saehyun, she learnt not to give up on life no matter how bad the situation she was in, like her mother didn't have any second thought on giving up on her even though she knew it's so risky to give birth to Seju.
+ Third brother: to learn the truth from him, to learn how to stand up for the people she care, and for the very first time she could bring herself to take actions, rather than sitting around watching the garbage stabbing her back. She learnt from being a passive to an active to her abhorrent family.
+ Won: Won's life was similar to her, losing the person she loved just because of her only mistake. But more unluckily than Seju, Won had no chance to regret and redeem her mistake. She taught Seju how to move on, to know that it doesn't matter what she had experienced in the past, she had to keep on living no matter what, and in life you don't necessarily find a purpose to live, all you need to do is live on. I believe some folks translated the author's tweet on what she wanna deliver in ONE this way.

Please don't just use your feelings to read the story. Life is not about romantic love only lmao it doesn't mean Sumin and Seju lost the whole world once they lost each other. I hope you don't have to rely on any people to live lmao What's the matter if you're heartbroken anyway? Move on and find another one to love llol after all they are just past lovers and that bond can be broken in just a blink of eye like any other real life couples out there. In the end those who can't accept the reality but keep on trapping themselves in the past broken memories are the most pitiful ones llol This is absolutely the only life lesson i've learnt from reading all of these wdtfs-related comments.

What you wrote would be acceptable in a teenage story not an adults who should face the real flaws and find solutions, the story simply doesn’t apply in reality, the story from the start was to end between Sumin and Sungji so no need to explain anything, we gotta find excuses for Sumin’s behaviors. As for Seju’s and her development it’s all for the drama but guess what? It’s a logical and real in a real world in an adult life
Defend Sumin as much as you like, she’s the main character and the world she revolve around her for sure, double standards or not you won’t care because you only see things from Sumin’s pov

joined Mar 21, 2017

I don't think there was ever just one mistake made by either Sumin or Seju, they both made multiple mistakes and never really learnt from them. Their whole relationship was a series of mistakes and while i never thought or hoped they'd get back together the ending still felt a bit void.

Btw it's been a few years since i've read the story but that's what has always stuck to me in my head.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 2:28AM

joined Feb 10, 2020

Defend Sumin as much as you like, she’s the main character and the world she revolve around her for sure, double standards or not you won’t care because you only see things from Sumin’s pov

I didn't defend Sumin. If i were Seju and realized what had this piece of shit ex-gf done to me, physically and mentally, putting the blame on me only for 10 long years while knowing too well it takes two to tangle and had never said at least an "I'm sorry" to me at the end, I would never be crazy enough to ask for her forgiveness nor talk things out with her again. Don't I have self-esteem? I.don't. need. her. forgiveness.to. go. on, I can't see the point of working things out with her. It's useless to talk to the wall lmao instead, I would rather not see her face any more time for the rest of my life. Can't you see I'm seeing things on Seju's pov? Seriously only fools would fall in love with someone like Sumin, only psycho would continue loving her while knowing she couldn't give you anything but shit once you've done her damage lol?

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 2:50AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

lol gotta create an account to say this: some of you seriously need to grow up. The message of this story is to accept the reality and move on from whatever you experienced in the past

Wow, now that you mentioned it I suddenly start liking the story. Thanks for giving us your lights and helping us see the story from a perspective we never thought existed!

joined Feb 10, 2020

Wow, now that you mentioned it I suddenly start liking the story. Thanks for giving us your lights and helping us see the story from a perspective we never thought existed!

pftt i don't need anyone to like the story.

joined Jul 26, 2016

pftt i don't need anyone to like the story.

In light of the amount of effort you've already invested in trying to convince people of its supposed merits,

joined Jan 17, 2020

lol gotta create an account to say this: some of you seriously need to grow up. The message of this story is to accept the reality and move on from whatever you experienced in the past

Is that well-placed sarcasm?

joined Jan 17, 2020

lol gotta create an account to say this: some of you seriously need to grow up. The message of this story is to accept the reality and move on from whatever you experienced in the past.

Fair enough if that had been the message of the story. But in reality, the story had no clear message: 100+ chapters of Seju and Sumin interacting with really strong signs they were bitter at each other but still loving each other (as admitted by Sumin herself), with (more than) half of those chapters being essentially flashbacks showing how their relationship ran deep.

And then the solution we are given, the supposed "accept reality and move on" solution, is 2 slot-in gfs that behave as very unrealistic human beings, accepting all their flaws. I mean...what? It just makes no sense and seems complete fantasy, especially in light of the fact that such 2 flawed human beings as Seju and Sumin would carry their problems and screw up any new relationships they have unless they actually fixed themselves. With Seju, at least that was (badly) depicted, although Won still has no personality; with Sumin, not even that. The chance that she would work out with Sungji, unless Sungji is a doormat (which she is) is less than zero.

That's why I'm saying the only lesson that can be possibly drawn from the story is: if the relationship that you actually care about doesn't work out due to your flaws, the solution is to find a new doormat partner who will just eat it all up.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 7:11AM

joined Feb 7, 2020

I didn't defend Sumin. If i were Seju and realized what had this piece of shit ex-gf done to me, physically and mentally, putting the blame on me only for 10 long years while knowing too well it takes two to tangle and had never said at least an "I'm sorry" to me at the end, I would never be crazy enough to ask for her forgiveness nor talk things out with her again. Don't I have self-esteem? I.don't. need. her. forgiveness.to. go. on, I can't see the point of working things out with her. It's useless to talk to the wall lmao instead, I would rather not see her face any more time for the rest of my life. Can't you see I'm seeing things on Seju's pov? Seriously only fools would fall in love with someone like Sumin, only psycho would continue loving her while knowing she couldn't give you anything but shit once you've done her damage lol?

You are totally right, but you know I had family issue and was parted from my mam and dad as a child and I know how Seju felt, but yet Seju was damaged even more!! That’s why I understand how she was clinging on Sumin (the only one who treated her well)
I don’t agree with this but I just understand
I don’t hate Sumin but she went so far with Seju
Didn’t even take any responsibility in the end.
Also she chooses the worst time to drop her bomb on Seju
For gods sake Seju is also a humen she’s not Satan! I even don’t think anyone would be this mean to Satan lol
By the way I like how you understood the story and I just think it’s doesn’t apply in reality, it’s just fill with double standards

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I guess I’ll just say what I always say: at the start of the series, the only character I really was interested in knowing more about was Sunji. (Sumin was clearly “troubled love interest to be healed by MC” and Seju was “bitch ex-gf determined to fuck things up.”) I wondered about things like how did Sunji get so compassionate, and what did she want out of life?

But it turns out there wasn’t very much more to know about Sunji—as a character she’s as transparent as she is visually.

And sure, all the love readers have for Seju, blah blah blah, but for me she was at best, a WAY overdeveloped secondary character, the poor little rich girl given far too much backstory.

In the end, a story with style to burn but with some of the most inept character development and most maladroit plot structuring I’ve ever seen.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Is that well-placed sarcasm?

Yes, because that person thinks people who complain don't already know what this story was supposed to be. I mean, sure you can disagree on why Seju and Sumin endgame would be bad, but telling people that they need to grow up and thinking they only came to that conclusion because they were unable to see the other perspective is just poor taste.

And sure, all the love readers have for Seju, blah blah blah, but for me she was at best, a WAY overdeveloped secondary character, the poor little rich girl given far too much backstory

Yeah she was developed more than she was supposed to be. But that's from a cold story telling pov. The thing is, she became very relatable and people couldn't help but like and root for her.
They could have saved the story but making the two mains compelling as well, so Seju wouldn't end up outshining them. But turns out they don't know how to do that. If they kept Seju as a less important secondary character the story wouldn't become better.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 8:13AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And sure, all the love readers have for Seju, blah blah blah, but for me she was at best, a WAY overdeveloped secondary character, the poor little rich girl given far too much backstory

Yeah she was developed more than she was supposed to be. But that's from a cold story telling pov. The thing is, she became very relatable and people couldn't help but like and root for her.
They could have saved the story but making the two mains compelling as well, so Seju wouldn't end up outshining them. But turns out they don't know how to do that. If they kept Seju as a less important secondary character the story wouldn't become better.

I think that's quite right--Seju's development wasn't the problem in isolation. She's obviously extremely vivid, sexy, and dynamic, and it seems to me the authors just got enthralled with the character without ever stopping to consider what their treatment of her was doing to the overall trajectory of the story.

Lots of serial fiction develops a "breakout character" who creates more narrative energy and possibilities for development than may have been foreseen at the beginning. Competent authors can take that and roll with it, changing the overall plan to fit the parts that are working. By staying with a Sumin-Sunji endgame long after they had made Seju the most interesting character, the authors doomed themselves to what turned out to be a whole series of unsatisfactory outcomes.

joined Feb 10, 2020

for god's sake i didn't try to defend any character nor even try to convince anyone to like and believe in a certain story message. Because one way or another people would tend to see what it means from different perspective. I was saying that what I wrote above could be one way of seeing the story as well. Let's never expect it to false or true because to some people it could be right and to some others it could be hecking wrong. The same to all of our arguments towards the story. But 1 thing for sure is people should get out of their own fantasy, accept its ending even if it's bad to you and move on with another worthy manga. Why i'm saying this? Rather than the characters who have problems, it is actually the author who's showing her double standards for the character she likes.

Has anyone here checked TG's tweets ever since the story started? All they know about is Sumin this and Sumin that. They couldn't think of a good way to develop Sungji as a character and how to progress SuminSungji's relationship in a healthy acceptable light. I've been lurking here for years and I guess most of you have known Seju was only supposed to be a side character. But did anyone manage to see what the author was trying so hard to tell is all about the parallel scenes between SuminSungji and SuminSeju? Almost all of the things Sumin had ever had with Seju before were shown being done together with Sungji later on. So what were they trying to prove here? Does that mean an overdeveloped side character Seju was used as a tool a support SuminSungji's relationship? That no matter how precious their first love was, no matter how much memories they had together would be outshined and easily replaced by the existence of Sungji? At the end of main story "What does the fox say" btw? Was that Sumin - as a fox, probably say Seju had lost this game and it's only Sungji who she needs now?

--------so iF that's true---- Was it a childish storytelling? To me it was, but maybe to some people, it wasn't. The problem in this story was not created by any character, it wasn't created by Sumin who's being shown as a badass, or Seju who suffered and be developed more than she should have throughout the story, or Sungji who's being treated like a doormat. or Won who as people said had no personality. The one to be blamed here is the author. They were confused with what they wanted to tell, and ended up screwing the story even if it's unrealistic like the Sun sets in the east. Because all of that, I would choose not to waste my time complicating the story any further.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 8:54AM

joined Feb 7, 2020

I don’t mind Seju outshining everyone lol
Seriously she had a STORY, she was so relatable.
I mean there’s nothing to tell about the main couple, even people die just for them to get closer, come on!!!

joined Feb 7, 2020

By staying with a Sumin-Sunji endgame long after they had made Seju the most interesting character, the authors doomed themselves to what turned out to be a whole series of unsatisfactory outcomes.

And the oscar goes to ....
You’re words really win!

joined Feb 7, 2020

for god's sake i didn't try to defend any character nor even try to convince anyone to like and believe in a certain story message. Because one way or another people would tend to see what it means from different perspective. I was saying that what I wrote above could be one way of seeing the story as well. Let's never expect it to false or true because to some people it could be right and to some others it could be hecking wrong. The same to all of our arguments towards the story. But 1 thing for sure is people should get out of their own fantasy, accept its ending even if it's bad to you and move on with another worthy manga. Why i'm saying this? Rather than the characters who have problems, it is actually the author who's showing her double standards for the character she likes.

Has anyone here checked TG's tweets ever since the story started? All they know about is Sumin this and Sumin that. They couldn't think of a good way to develop Sungji as a character and how to progress SuminSungji's relationship in a healthy acceptable light. I've been lurking here for years and I guess most of you have known Seju was only supposed to be a side character. But did anyone manage to see what the author was trying so hard to tell is all about the parallel scenes between SuminSungji and SuminSeju? Almost all of the things Sumin had ever had with Seju before were shown being done together with Sungji later on. So what were they trying to prove here? Does that mean an overdeveloped side character Seju was used as a tool a support SuminSungji's relationship? That no matter how precious their first love was, no matter how much memories they had together would be outshined and easily replaced by the existence of Sungji? At the end of main story "What does the fox say" btw? Was that Sumin - as a fox, probably say Seju had lost this game and it's only Sungji who she needs now?

--------so iF that's true---- Was it a childish storytelling? To me it was, but maybe to some people, it wasn't. The problem in this story was not created by any character, it wasn't created by Sumin who's being shown as a badass, or Seju who suffered and be developed more than she should have throughout the story, or Sungji who's being treated like a doormat. or Won who as people said had no personality. The one to be blamed here is the author. They were confused with what they wanted to tell, and ended up screwing the story even if it's unrealistic like the Sun sets in the east. Because all of that, I would choose not to waste my time complicating the story any further.

I’ve read your previous posts and let me say we all saw the story this way because it’s this way, and yes the author is the one showing double standards and that’s what we are saying that the story felt like a personal matter of the writer rather than a true story with true people. We are simply saying “It’s not fare”. That’s was childish to make the world revolve around Sumin and Sumin only, she is so fragile, she will hurt you but cry her heart out if you hurt her. On the other hand you can relate to Seju so much, and I know showing her past meant to show us that SejuxSumin is not working anymore but that got doomed, because we the readers felt again more relatable to this relationship and ended up rooting for it!

And who know maybe “The message of this story is to accept the reality and move on from whatever you experienced in the past. A mistake committed, once it's unforgiven, it will never be forgiven”

Again I think the writer did a pure personal story writing, because if this the real message then Sumin shouldn’t ask for a second chance, but again the world revolve around her and she can do anything. She did countless unforgivable things!
I think it would be better if she faced her demons, Seju too should face her demons, but what we got?
We got them having angelic gf to eat it up!
We the fans are disappointed because it’s started so damn promising, but ended up so damn bland, tasteless. It felt like a child writing covered with beautiful art.
It just got wasted

joined Feb 10, 2020

We the fans are disappointed because it’s started so damn promising, but ended up so damn bland, tasteless. It felt like a child writing covered with beautiful art.

completely agreed. I believe many people managed to keep on following this poor written story thanks to its art. The outcome can be clearly seen if we took Seju out of the picture or supposedly it was awfully drawn by an amateur artist. Even if I'm a Seju's fan, I'd be very pleased if the author could spend time to develop Sungji and SuminSungji's lovestory more instead. But what can we do now btw? The ending is fixed, and so did its story development. At least most readers still prefer SuminSungji over SejuSumin and that's what the childish author wanna see even if they are boring like hell.

To reply you must either login or sign up.