Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

https://twitter.com/team_gaji/status/1417455793935249413
Seju's new official art
please retweet and favorite this beautiful boss

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

It was cute indeed
I laughed my heart out when Seju pushed Won and seeing her complaining and failing to practice is priceless. So damn adorable.
The way Seju acted shows that she healed and having a great time finally.

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

New chapter “secret chapter” of ONE
https://mobile.twitter.com/alggumba/status/1239930493954478080
Please favorite and retweet

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

No she didn't. She treated Seju like crap until the end of the story. Seju had to free herself.

Totally agree.

Seju’s life actually reminds me of Friedrich Nietzsche’s “three Metamorphoses”
He is a german philosopher, cultural critic, composer, poet, philologist, and psychologist.
Said: “There are three stages of progress toward the overman: the camel, the lion, and the child”
To explain with simple words ”The first stage is to endure so many pain same as the camel, the second stage is to explode and face those who angered you and get rid of them from your life like a lion, the last stage is to finally liberate yourself, to be free as a child”
These three stages was portrayed in Seju’s life, so no wonder her story telling was the best.
And I’m glad Seju stayed very strong till the end!
She freed herself and stayed strong though she was all alone. Her life and struggles was so real that one can actually feel and see in real life.
Also since I just care about her in the whole story.
The writer recently said: Seju’s won’t consider anyone her whole life anymore and won’t lose the value of her life even if she broke up with Won

last edited at Feb 29, 2020 5:17PM

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

^ Sure ...
I’ll translate it and post it whenever she answer

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

Hahahha you’re right.
With Alggumba’s answers I was just guessing which parts is real and which is not, since the writer said so, but the whole story doesn’t seem real at all.
Just small matters that one would barely notice and won’t effect anything. Like the black coffee and that

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 8:25AM

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

And don’t you think being traumatized for 10 years because of Seju’s cheating more than her parents’s deaths is not real, too much, not logical?
I mean her parents were rarely mentioned, and her struggle was mainly because of Seju

In my opinion, I think this 10 years of revenge is the writer’s fantasy of hurting her ex who cheated and broke her heart in real life.

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 4:36AM

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

So now we have another excuse for Sumin’s ill behaviors, it was because of a curse!
Just wow

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

Seju’s brother did it because he is over protective and that’s it.
Sumin kept coming back becaus she’s an ass and took advantage of Seju as she admitted to Sungji.
She said “I kept torturing Seju for 10 years, I let her close to me so I can hurt her”

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 3:59PM

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

Thats where the whole "curse" part of the plot was meant to come in. Both Sumin and Seju should have been able to move on but Sejus uncle/brother/familyfriend/whateverhewasican'tremember's involvement, (the whole torture part) was meant to tie the two of their lives together so they couldn't move on from each other. It just wasn't executed very well in terms of the story.

Nah, that would be just fantasy

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

It’s crazy indeed! And it disgusting

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

That’s why I doubt Sumin, and Sungji having a good relationship, we only saw them after 3 years with no mistakes from Sungji, when Seju’s mistake happened after 7 years of dating. As you said it only takes one or two mistakes to ruin everything, so I wonder how Sumin is gonna react if Sungji made a mistake.
I mean I really wanted Sumin to forgive, not only Seju but I wanted her to learn the “forgiveness” and “understanding”, for the sake of the people around her, and for her own sake.
Love should overcome mistakes
Anyways reading the author’s answers of the fan’s questions where some parts of the story are true and some are not, I think the memories and revenge parts weren’t true, it just her fantasy

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 7:37AM

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

Shephard6, the structure of this part of your comment reminded me of a poem. So I turned it into one.

The story has a lot of issues to see
So many contradictions! I hate them, I'm sorry
This manhwa's ending really wasn't for me
I had forgotten that Sungji was in this story

Hahahah thank you
Since English is not my first language

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

Yeah I’m interested in knowing which parts of the story were true.

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

Guys the writers is answering questions about the manhwa, she said she started drinking black coffe after 3 weeks of breaking up with her gf!
I look forward to know more about her

Shepard6
Beloved L discussion 16 Feb 16:17
joined Feb 7, 2020

New post on instagram for our beloved dr.Wei
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8liFTZDHSN/
I’m so damn happy, because to me this is the only manhwa who portrayed adults’ life so real

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

That i would feel sympathetic too if i read it. But it also shows the issues with the story, too much character development for 1 character when it's about 3 characters. Sumin got some good development but even hers has contradictions from what i remember. And then Sungji got forgotten about.

The story got a lot of issues indeed.
As for contradictions, there are plenty!
I didn’t like how it ended at all honestly.
And about Sungji, I totally forgot she existed

But how do you know you are being objective when your own subjective experiences change how you see things subconsciously. Even the news can't be entirely objective, next time you watch the news look at how the presenters present things, often you can see the bias in their word choices.

It's just something to think about and probably a bit too indepth for this thread tbh.

You’re right, subconscious is a trap!
For me, I think the key is just to not judge things, in mind I just remind myself that people have their own reasons. Being subjective, taking bias will limit the way someone think.
As for the news, I can see your point very clearly, but it doesn’t matter them showing bias

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 4:43PM

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

Taking away her status and privileges and by judging her on her actions and interactions, i still find her very problematic as a person.

Her action and interactions is the result of her upbringing, and background. I said a lot about Seju as child for a better understanding.
I don’t have to approve her actions, it’s I just understand

Was that in the short stories? Because i didn't really read those and don't really want to as i have too many issue with how everything is written.

Yeah I showed how damn lonely she was, and got bullied by her stepmother and brothers, physically and mentally, also having suicide thought. There's a time where she tried drowning her self, later on said it was a joke, but it didn’t seem like a joke

My I ask where these bias coming from? And if one can’t be objective, then the bias is gonna affect your perception, and I totally understand. Human nature after all, right?

They just come from our experiences growing up, how we've interracted with the world and society. Our lives are one large subjective experience.

Maybe, but it’s always a great idea to be objective as much as you can, because we are different and our lives and experience simply varies

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 4:03PM

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

Taking away her status and privileges and by judging her on her actions and interactions, i still find her very problematic as a person.

Her action and interactions is the result of her upbringing, and background. I said a lot about Seju as child for a better understanding.
I don’t agree with her actions, it’s just I understand

Just want to clarify that my bias isnt my main reason for my feelings towards Seju, i'm just not afraid to admit that my bias has some affect on my perception of her character. Humans by very nature can not be objective.

My I ask where these bias coming from?
And if one can’t be objective, then the bias is gonna affect your perception, and I totally understand. Human nature after all, right?

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 3:32PM

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

I find Seju super relatable as well. In fact both Seju, the part about hiding behind a super strong "alpha" personality to protect herself from childhood pain, and Sumin, the way she handled the cheating from Seju by going bonkers and hooking up with all of Seoul. Adult life is hard man.

I don’t understand how you relate yo Sumin in this

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

Thanks for your answers people. I don't get the love for her but it's cool to see other peoples reasonings for it.

If you just look at Seju as Seju without her privileges, just Seju with basic human needs you might understand her

My dislike of her does have a lot of bias from my opinions of rich people and how people idolize them, so getting other perspectives helps to see past them a bit more easily.

You know I had a feeling that these a lot of bias is what blinded many from seeing Seju’s actual problems.
No one choose to be born rich, nor to be poor but later on things can change when one become independent. Yet in her case she hated everything about her life including herself, she hated being born in a filthy rich family because it’s the source of her pain, being in such a family is what got her death threads. Being rich didn’t give her a mom or a caring father, and didn’t fix her relationships. It just didn’t her any favor even when she become independent and worked herself to make her own money and refused her family’s money and lived by her own.
All these issues got blinded by the bias against rich people, and got ignored just to focus on the main couple, also I think it’s why the authors treated Seju this way.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 10:38AM

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

It just makes no sense and seems complete fantasy, especially in light of the fact that such 2 flawed human beings as Seju and Sumin would carry their problems and screw up any new relationships they have unless they actually fixed themselves. With Seju, at least that was (badly) depicted, although Won still has no personality; with Sumin, not even that. The chance that she would work out with Sungji, unless Sungji is a doormat (which she is) is less than zero

So damn true !!
LOL

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

Shepard6 Out of curiosity mainly because i don't find Seju relatable, what does make you find her relateable?

I relate to the “insecure little girl inside Seju” the “the hurt child” inside her who’s her existence has been refused by her own blood, I truly understand and I was refused by my own family and believe it or not it was because I am a girl, later on I found it because of inheritance greeds. Though you try to be independent yet they want to get rid of you and send you abroad, if not then get you to marry someone who’s gonna benefits them, I relate to feeling the guilt for even breathing, It’s not actually guilty but you still feel the guilt, every day everyone give you the impression “why were you born! You’re not welcome!” I relate to being bullied and abuse by my own blood, physically and mentally, but you can’t defend yourself because you’re weak physically and mentally . One day you go on thinking “Why was I born? I should disappear to make things right”
You know Seju with all her glory, wealth, and social status, was just a simple human being but unfortunately in need of things you can’t buy with all the money in the world (her mom) and a supporting family, or any one who will treat her well.
Inside her there’s a hurt child that we all relate to.
I mean I truly cried when I read “ why can’t I love one person the way I want to”
She hit rock bottom!
For real, why is everything is always out of my hand?
Why the harm takes the highest level when it’s done on me?
Why one mistake should torture me for 10 years?
I regret it for 10 years just to give me shit!
No matter what I do, or what I give I’ll always be refused!
You know for many, the wealth, money, social statues will blind them from seeing the hurt child inside Seju, and won’t understand that all she have won’t give her what she actually need as a human being.
And when she changed, I relate to that also.
You have to change, you have survive!!
Of course she can’t be the same 17 years old girl.
Now she is facing real death threats and attempts, she is facing a whole different level of life! she need to play by the same rules in this new level in order to survive!! No one stood for her but herself !
I’m not saying I’m rooting for her with anyone, I just want to show Seju as just Seju.
You know it’s like the Joker movie, where it finally showed us what happened to this simple guy to transfer him into the joker, and in the end you’re just “oh, now I understand” maybe you won’t approve but you’re gonna just understand.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 4:51PM

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

completely agreed. I believe many people managed to keep on following this poor written story thanks to its art. The outcome can be clearly seen if we took Seju out of the picture or supposedly it was awfully drawn by an amateur artist. Even if I'm a Seju's fan, I'd be very pleased if the author could spend time to develop Sungji and SuminSungji's lovestory more instead. But what can we do now btw? The ending is fixed, and so did its story development. At least most readers still prefer SuminSungji over SejuSumin and that's what the childish author wanna see even if they are boring like hell.

Yeah no development at all, and so irrational, stupid excuses, and childish just to make it fit to Sumin and Sungji who’s been the endgame from the very start, from the cover at the beginning of the story.
If they want to save SuminxSeju they can magically come with plot and answers but it’s wasn’t the plan from the start. Simply it wasn’t the plan.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 7:57AM

Shepard6
joined Feb 7, 2020

You know kuramaa
I would like to recommend the manhwa “Beloved”
Just 16 chapter did a realistic story, something WDTFS couldn’t do in 123 chapters
It portrayed the healing and overcoming so beautifully. No harm, no revenge, no hard feeling, and no regrets.
Something real and beautiful, and in a healthy way

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 1:45PM