Forum › Posts by Vanbun

joined Jun 6, 2016

쇼 미 유어 바스트 If we are talking about new webtoon, well..... the blue haired guy really do alike like sumin, cute tomboyish vibe and short.

But, somehow both the brown haired girl and the pink haired one are seju look alike.

The pink haired one has the alluring mysterious pretty girl vibe, with her upper part is 99% identical to seju, but her body is flat.

The brown haired one has seju's identity (bff history, dishonest, tsundere aka cold in the outside but weak in the inside, bossy) and hot body (big breast)

So it's like sumin with double seju

last edited at Jan 10, 2023 6:15PM

joined Jun 6, 2016

Ah, dammnit! I’m few years late for this thread! So many emotions, discussions, theories (delusional or not), and all this while first arcs were still ongoing...

Guys, what are you reading nowodays? Maybe I can join the party while it’s not over yet ;)

It is old, but it might be my all time favorite

Her shimcheong

For me, the arts, messages and story are on point.
It’s up on my list above wdtfs. It doesn’t need any SEX or SMUT! It’s just pure good written story telling.

And fortunately, it’s more popular in Korea, Japan and china than those who use sex. It got released into 3 printed books, well received by public, especially female. It got billboard ads, commercial and even rumored to have a plan to get a live action or animation.

Summary, if you want a good story and not just plain sex, this is for you
If you only want the sex part, there is none here

last edited at May 30, 2020 10:55AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

Anyway since I read a masterpiece like snk where the author blew my mind with how he already know and plan the ending since the beginning.. with so much details

I think on the last episode we might see how snk depict social pressure about how a girl is forced to be“kind” and “gentle” and “ladylike”, like Frieda said on the last episode. This messed up old fashioned morality where obedience was seen as a virtue of the highest order for a woman, sadly might still exist till today.

I wonder if this what made Sungji and Seju got opposite reaction, especially for south korea people.

Just look at the kpop idols, netizens forced an image to the idol, to be kind, pure, humble and sexy yet innocent.. just like IU (Not like she doesn’t get hatred comment though, from jealous bast*rd)

And we have some idols like Sulli who break “idols/social” norm and got bashed heavily until she couldn’t withstand anymore and decide to end herself, anyway, she got called as the red queen by her friends. She is natural beauty with great body proportions, with such outspoken cheerful personality which hide her sadden face.... quiet like seju, who seems like a strong woman on the outside, but quiet fragile inside. (And have a thought to hang up herself before too)

And this might be another hints how south korea doesn’t think seriously about mental health issues, thus make seju alone (before her Paradise, and almost got herself suicide), and how seju and sumin also coped herself by ruined themselves and not going to psychologist. Leave a depressed person alone without help, is a bad idea.

Back to sungji and seju differences, I think this is why sungjis is well loved by a lot of Asian, because she is the role model of obedience innocence woman and seju on the other hand got criticized badly because she spoke her mind to sumin and “trying to fight” of what she cared in life (=sumin)

How irony is it? Ah, visit my blogspot, the same as my name will ya? XD

last edited at Oct 21, 2019 2:26PM

joined Jun 6, 2016

In fact, yes, Seju has magically fallen in love with Dowon. (Just wait, time will tell with the new chapters)

Okay... this series of wdtfs in term on plot or twist is so bland.. we know sumin would cheat on sungji, who end up with who, etc... it’s predictable, if people doesn’t forced what they want into the story.

The ending is better than sumin and sungji, at least they talk it out and not jump to sex.
Is it because of a better writing or because “sex” is more restricted now, so we got this? Whatever the case, I’m glad.

Yet again, I applause with the art and how they tell the story, it’s pretty, just like a movie scene in a drawing.

About the last note... hmm..... people needs to behave on the internet... posting an illegal link in an official site isn’t necessary.

Overall, it’s grade A yuri manhwa, but I don’t feel the hype though... doesn’t get any agony/rush for waiting of new chapters.

Will I read into their new story? Yes, it’s entertaining nevertheless

last edited at Sep 8, 2019 11:19AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

I think TG needs to stay away from social media, she has tendencies to screw up with words.

Just like what you said, this tweet isn't necessary. It just shows how unhappy she is about the illegal distribution (which is every artist problem, yet many addresses this issues better). I think she is the type who think the only way to support her is by buying her work, money is a big factor here, and she doesn't care to continue a story if it doesn't profit.... at least that's what I got.

Well as a human, we want our hardwork to payoff, so I can understand it, but..
She actually could play with words and ordering the fans to buy it officially in more subtle way, like:
"I'm planning to continue the story just like all the fans wanted but it's hard without everyone support, so if you're really interested with this work, I kindly ask you to read on official site so it can continue."

Or whatever... Blaming the reader is useless lol

Hmm.. This makes me think that TG might only write the story to what majority want, especially on korean readers (where the money lies) and she might change the original plot, just to satisfy them.

last edited at Aug 28, 2019 12:25PM

joined Jun 6, 2016

Well, maybe it's like you said and someone else did, we should probably stop overthinking or deluding ourselves that the author cares about writing good story and character development.

Well, I’m not the fans of deluding self... prefer to follow what the author actually told us, even it doesn’t go as what I wanted to be, it’s the authority of the author.... yet, it’s my freedom to “trash” it and give a good/bad feedback... lol

And besides, the opinions of us foreign readers, who feel differently about their story and characters, don't matter much to them apparently. According to the author's tweet response to the international fans asking for an extension of One, we're illegal readers lol, basically saying we're thieves stealing her work and don't deserve to request anything. I mean I can't fathom how she could come up with that response...

Really? Is there any link? Hmm.. I assume the author might think that way based on sales data (profits royalty), But with delayed english version compare to korean one (lezhin), no wonder the outcome was that way. TG int fans might buy only the korean one and fill satisfied with the fans translation

Well, we must already know that TG cares about money... afterall, the battle with their pass agency (lezhin) is about the distribution of money. It isn’t something bad, just human, but not commendable

last edited at Aug 28, 2019 8:24AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

We’re debating in circle, lol

out of all characters of wdtfs, what’s your ranking in the girls?

Me:
1. Seju
2. Sumin
3. Sungji
4. The grey hair who like sungji, and the childhood friend who like sumin
5. The blue hair who like sumin, nami?
6. The ceo latest chapter
7. White hair ex girlfriend
8. The assassin short hair who tried to kill seju & the red haired girl
9. Dowon
10. The glasses girl

last edited at Aug 21, 2019 1:43PM

joined Jun 6, 2016

I think fans need to stop their delusional theories and accept the fact that wdtfs author doesn’t plan a “complex/meaningful/mature” storyline since the beginning , it’s more enjoyable that way lol.

Afterall it has been proven WRONG so many times. Just like the red gloves, fans create something out from nothing. The author went to the most predictable road , enjoy the art and that racy sex....

In fact, yes, Seju has magically fallen in love with Dowon. (Just wait, time will tell with the new chapters) unfortunately, I still hope I’m wrong...

last edited at Aug 20, 2019 9:35AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

Welp, I just ask where is the author...... and you think I worship it...

Oh no, I thought you like it, if you interested in new works. I'm sorry. I projected my point of view onto you, lol.
Yeah, it is interesting. Sometimes author do one work and then disappear. Maybe they so tired that choose another profession.

I read almost all yuri... i still enjoy it although I skip toward the end

My rant ... there is not much yuri and not so diverse like yaoi (from my friend opinion)

I still like wdtfs, it’s rare to see this kind of art in a yuri story

last edited at Aug 7, 2019 10:58AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

moonlight garden

Wow, and you complain about love out nowhere in One? It somewhat funny, no offence. So many of these stories are having same problems and sometimes worse. But it is my opinion.

Welp, I just ask where is the author...... and you think I worship it...

last edited at Aug 7, 2019 10:24AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

Because of that I think some people will feel that relationships go to another level kind of out nowhere.

But.... is that happened in all TG’s work for their couple focus? Even the one shot, hmm...

Wish Team GJ has Kodama’s honesty to just come forward and say “yeah all our stories are about the same dynamic, deal with it” lol

Agree.. Nevertheless TG is one of old yuri writer left .... that I know consistently make yuri... aside ratana satis and that wahnw author. And yet, they only recycled their past work.... So we need to deal with it because there isn’t much yuri author lately. From the three, I like the last one the most, in term of development from the origins story. Wdtfs and LIly love were a let down...

Where is the author of love doctor, serenade, her shimcheong, girlfriend, moonlight garden, etc gone? Anyone know?

last edited at Aug 7, 2019 9:22AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

Pulse is fun since it's fulfill the fantasy of our hidden desire lol.

There is 2 ways to view an art, as a critics or just a "customer", for eg rotten tomatoes review divided into 2, and the oscar, etc.

Because the point of view is different, critics thinks and see in different way of the commoner think. For public point of views, I think both pulse and wdtfs would score pretty high, Hehe

Personally I don't think wdtfs is a masterpiece anymore, the story is predictable and stereotypes, the art though, is what save it

last edited at Jul 29, 2019 9:25PM

joined Jun 6, 2016

You read my pass comments, if that’s the case then it’s correct too about people thinking that sumin won’t appear on the side story. lol.

My bet we will still see sumin in seju side story... eg: how seju and sumin first met, etc. So yeah.. sumin is a good material to be add on the story.

Anyway I still kinda disagree:
It’s pretty reasonable for people to go crazy with the surgeon on pulse (forget the name), because surgeon is rich lol, and adored job by public, good at sex like sumin. If sumin can, why not the doctor? I think both Authors watch the L world, shane ... ..joke.... Then, she has sex with a lot of random girls too before she met the main heroine, with a dark pass like sumin and the ex, Lmao is it coincidental to be this similar??

Yet, pulse is a cheaper replica and feel more like teenage romance and fantasy than wdtfs for sure, especially the sex part.

After all,I conclude that wdtfs is just a simple romance story, a cliche standard korean drama..... that has charming side character (antagonist) who steal the spotlight. so 7.5 / 10 the delusional fan theory here is good, but only a delusion... TG never thought like that

last edited at Jul 29, 2019 12:44PM

joined Jun 6, 2016

I'm not saying there's something wrong with that, but the problem is when you market it differently from the start, then change direction.
Wdtfs was more of an adult story, but lately I feel like it fits into a teen audience better.

However I still wouldn't compare wdtfs with Lilly Love or Pulse. These are pretty bad, worse than citrus.

Beg to disagree, because without the art and how the story delivered, the main story is about a female tomboyish girl with dark pass (who looks a lot like snsd taeyeon) fell in love with her pretty innocence colleagues, between the boss and subordinate just like in kdrama. (The boss and secretary) Adding all that sport car scene where sungji and her campus friends met with sumin. With a predictable cheating by sumin, This plot is... so common.

And the side story is about a romance of hotel owner with her “yet again” subordinates. This is like a prince with black horse and cinderella all over again. It might fulfill the fantasy or desire of some teenagers, but then again it lacks depth... shown how sumin x sungji issues solved with sex. Sumin x sungji and dowon x seju... there is a male x female kind of romance.... where lesbian relationships isn’t all like that.. I honestly disappointed why TG make someone like dowon as seju’s new lover. This feels like sumin x sungji all over again.

The fans mistakenly think that the story could be something else, with all the theory and prediction, yet, it never has....and never will be

After all this side story feels like a treat for seju’s fans to get some closure (happy ending), with all the luxurious seju they drawn here. Dunno, but beside the art, I don’t really feel the thrill... I don’t bother to wait for new chapter... there is no urge to want more chapters

It’s really rare to see an author go to a more mature road like ichigo 100, and not following the public want

last edited at Jul 28, 2019 2:19AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

I just want to give opinion after read other stories from the same author, I begin to see the red line... it has the same tendency just like “pulse” author. In general, people will like it, because it only show a flower road of lesbian relationship without all that “prejudice” in Asian countries.

It’s predictable, stereotypes, lack of twist, flow so fast, and only show the honeymoon phase, it lack a depths, and only focus on the romance, which could be good or bad depends on the reader’s taste.

Summary: The art is “great”, the character is “charming” but the plot is “boring”

I believe I am the only one who think this way~

You are not the only one, I think the same. I generally dislike the simplistic, extreme stereotypical vibes of these stories. I tried reading Lily Love after reading Pulse but couldn't get into it because everything is so boring and predictable, the author repeats the same formula over and over. I suspect Team GJ is heading in the same direction. But hey, there is a market for it so for as long as people are paying it's all we're ever gonna get.

Thankfully someone with intelligent, just in k drama land, the formula is repeating and more people became aware and feels that every drama looks monotonous, shown by how the rating keeps declining.

We will see how long the repetitive formula can last, because this side story is so similar with sumin x seju story. I appreciate something that can go beyond “trend”, although the market might be smaller.

Something like “her shimcheong” will be good, it shown about the social issues in our Asian society between male and female role. Yet, I hope we got a story in recent time, not in the pass

Or the extreme one, like WAHNR, giving more “color” to yuri genre

I hope we got a refreshing new story after WDTFS, from the same author, and not like lily love 2.... I stop following that after 2 chapters

last edited at Jul 27, 2019 12:10PM

joined Jun 6, 2016

I just want to give opinion after read other stories from the same author, I begin to see the red line... it has the same tendency just like “pulse” author. In general, people will like it, because it only show a flower road of lesbian relationship without all that “prejudice” in Asian countries.

It’s predictable, stereotypes, lack of twist, flow so fast, and only show the honeymoon phase, it lack a depths, and only focus on the romance, which could be good or bad depends on the reader’s taste.

Summary: The art is “great”, the character is “charming” but the plot is “boring”

I believe I am the only one who think this way~

last edited at Jul 27, 2019 11:27AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

Wdtfs is cancelled?

joined Jun 6, 2016

Seju x sumin is just freakin.... .......... #$(3))38#882

Let them be together again... I will take anything even if it would end up like “how i met your mother” series. Robin x ted

Sigh....

last edited at Nov 29, 2017 9:35AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

Sumin is freakin cute here....... I think seju like a cute girl lol..... she even want to pet sumin here.

joined Jun 6, 2016

Sigh... I know I should move on .... and sumin and seju isn’t perfect, but I still think sumin x seju is better than other ship....

Can in the spin off sungji and sumin broken up and sumin end up together with seju? Lol... seju has let go completely of sumin..... if they’re fate to be... .....but I know... I should move on! Damn.

last edited at Nov 18, 2017 11:23AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

On another business trip....

**mpgpeg & yoonie
Don't think too high on my drawing lol. I need to draw a lot more before it got decent. It's too stiff just like what **Nora said..... since I haven't draw for a long long time.

Plus I don't have any good story in mind at all....

**Nora
Forget that nami has blue hair too! But she has a playful/player face... This one has more gentle eyes... And caring personality since I believe seju needs someone to take care of her... She is strong but I want someone to hug her warmly.
Someone who will be by her side no matter seju pushed her away. With a little bit sumin trait that I like. The handsome cute, that can be pretty too. Draw her hair longer and she will look more feminine. Not a butch but a chameleon for seju.

Every girl around seju is a sex addict. Nami and sumin have sexed with too many people. I want a more decent one for seju.

Yet I will accept anyone who can bring back the smile on seju face

last edited at Oct 1, 2017 1:03AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

Since people here discuss about seju prospective partner.. I draw myself one lol

It is amaze me that drawing skill is just like riding a bicycle lol... You never forget it.... I haven't draw for freaking years since I graduated.

https://postimg.org/image/c2vcx2bwb/

Blue because seju is pink and she likes sumin.. So yeah a cute handsome type

last edited at Sep 30, 2017 1:07PM

joined Jun 6, 2016

I'm still confuse here to be honest.

By magicccccccccccccccc. Like how Sumin has magically stopped caring and worrying about Seju's habit of skipping meal right after her father died or stop caring about Seju in general, lolllll. She probably doesnt even know where Seju is right now, is she dead or alive, lollllllllllll.

This what makes sumin characters inconsistent.... Forced..... As sumin bias I dislike how TG make her like that....

Crazy in love with sungji, forgetting everything else (her career, her family and only friend seju, her sane mind, her own preferences-living alone)

What I end up looking sumin from wdtfs ending is someone who helplessly need a sex mate or she can't be alive... Lol

She strangely accepted anything that sungji want.

And ironically it applies with sungji and seju...

I mean... sungji and seju is so attached to sumin... Why? Seju has more reason... But why for sungji?

Now I kinda see a pattern here....

TG likes some romance when love win against everything.... A teenager kind of love...

When a character fall in love... They will fall hard without any reason.. And no need a good communication to keep it alive and healthy. Everything will be solved with sex.

I hope I am wrong but if I am right... Then seju side story will just feel like fan service without proper character development

last edited at Sep 20, 2017 6:06AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

hahahhaha, you give Sungji so much credit for just thinking she could stand alone without Sumin's character.. because really, look at all her scenes.. they all revolved around Sumin with no signs for her individual growth..

Hahaha, that's why I said Sungji's side story would be boring but possible. Its not impossible like Sumin, lollll.

wait... I think wdtfs is sumin's story, no? Sumin is chick magnet, she has way more materials than sungji... (parents death, how she got the scar, beautiful exes, etc) we're peeping at her story in wdtfs... so I will say sumin side story won't be as impossible as you think. lol

but TG has used sumin as story in wdtfs, and now we have seju! My bet we will still see sumin in seju side story... eg: how seju and sumin first met, etc. So yeah.. sumin is a good material to be add on the story.

Sungji, well.. has 2 flashbacks of how hard her life was because she is too pretty :( should I cry or empathise ? Her most meaningful part in her past was the few moments she shared with Dawoon..

boooriiiing.... but she is pretty.... that's why she is forgiven. lmao

last edited at Sep 19, 2017 2:45PM

joined Jun 6, 2016

Vanbun

Will you read the spin off story for Seju though? xDDDDDDD. Would like it to have got back this old group to discuss with when the story begins XDDDDDD

who can't resist seju? look how freakin hot she is in this chapter!!

I give a lot of credit for the writer with Seju's developments though. Her development is really good, so the story is not that bad if we counted Seju in it. The main couple alone is a disaster.

Edit:
No, no, I take it back, because of Seju, the story got badly developed, LOL, she is the reason of it. If the main couple alone without Seju, I think, it can be peered with Citrus or FF, those stories about innocent nice girl with cool, cold girl. Not just the art.

However, I wouldnt read wdtfs without Seju, LOLLLLLLLLLLLL, I already had FF to have a fluffy couple to squeal at, LOLLLLL

well, I will say that TG is smart, by ending sumin with sungji, no bandwagon for her and more money for another wdtfs spin off (seju as main heroine, is much much more insteresting than sungji story) no offense, but sungji is boooooooriiiiiiiing. What makes wdtfs unique is because of sung sumin (no character like her yet, maybe similar to pulse dr mel background... but sumin is the original... she smoke, have sex with a lot of girls, have beautiful tattoo, looks hella similar with one idol, etc) and baek seju. You can find character like sungji in anywhere else.

but I get mixed feeling with seju as a new heroine and seeing the new girl as new love interest for seju. it is like forcing seju to move on and be with someone else.... "forced couple" just like sumin x sungji...

I hope TG can execute it better and make this more natural... or troll the reader and the story is about how seju refuse the approach of yet another woman... lol.. at least it will makes seju character more consistent trololololol

last edited at Sep 19, 2017 8:37AM