Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

It is better to go to america and live well there find happiness with new partner, although it is difficult to forget the sumin but this way better than have to kill the character

It's Seju's decision. It's a loss to leave her home country because of an ex.

joined Jun 6, 2016

MacySan

for some reason Sumin overcame her depression when Sungji became her gf lol I don't think they've ever talk about Sumin's crippling depression because of her past with Seju. this manhwa has superb artwork but it seems the author doesn't know what this manhwa is supposed to be-narrative wise.

Seju has all the problems in the world on this manhwa even though she's the antagonistic figure in the story while the main couple has zero problems. storyline-wise this doesn't make sense at all. how come the antagonist is the one who needed to be save and the one who has a lot to overcome? though I'm glad the story seems to be moving in Seju's perspective but I'm frustrated with the way they handle her. but I guess I need to thank TG for adding more facial expression to Seju. any reader can tell what's she's thinking/feeling by just looking at the expression of her face.

Everyone here read ichigo 100? Try it.
It isn't yuri... but it's great story nevertheless...

The similarities is both wdtfs and ichigo 100 has 3 main characters... it's love triangle between the black hair and the blonde hair... the black one is typical main heroine, very kind.. shy... beautiful.. the first love of male protagonist...has similar dreams. and wear strawberry panty. Lol.

While the blonde one has unrequited love... a girl who know what she wants and has strong personality.

and when people think that he would end up with black character... he is actually end up with the blonde one.

I like this kind of twist... the artist actually has given the clues... giving the blonde one a good portion of appearance and story development ... yet the reader misunderstood and think that the black one is the main character, while the blonde one is side character along with other girls. It's different harem manga... since the artist is female.

The artist get many complaints and compliments from her decision to end it with the blonde one. I wonder if TG is brave enough to end it with the more unpopular couple

last edited at May 1, 2017 7:14AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

^ Who do you think is the more popular couple? I've seen both to be quite popular but then maybe that is just my experience?

joined Jun 6, 2016

^ Who do you think is the more popular couple? I've seen both to be quite popular but then maybe that is just my experience?

At least on the couple lezhin poll... it's always sungji x sumin... not seju x sumin

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Vanbun

If they were to write something like Snow white or whatever, I would not have spent a momemnt trying to analyse this !
The darker and a nastier it gets the satisfier I become.
I've seen other readers on FB as well who are like me.. seeking mature content with all human imperfection.
I would love to see an ending that is shocking and justified even if it challenges our luxurious morals

joined Jun 6, 2016

Vanbun

If they were to write something like Snow white or whatever, I would not have spent a momemnt trying to analyse this !
The darker and a nastier it gets the satisfier I become.
I've seen other readers on FB as well who are like me.. seeking mature content with all human imperfection.
I would love to see an ending that is shocking and justified even if it challenges our luxurious morals

I feel you..... same with me

To be honest sumin ends up to whom doesn't matter as long as it's justified or executed cleanly.. she can even ends up alone... lmao

last edited at May 1, 2017 7:09AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie0104

I loved the points u made above.

And the avatar is from ch56, flashback

joined Mar 21, 2017

At least on the couple lezhin poll... it's always sungji x sumin... not seju x sumin

I've never paid attention to polls so never looked at it. Was it a recent poll?

last edited at May 1, 2017 7:24AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Vanbun

Isn't it funny when a reader gets lazier than the author and suggests that they kill a charecter to resolve the problem !.. or else, a happy couple made in heaven and love from the first sight canquers all.. But then this type of a reader got the ending they wanted to see in ch44 and again in ch 73.. why did they keep reading when they saw what they wanted already hehehehehe ! Blows my mind

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

We might go analyzing the story here, or even overanalyzing it but remember that the popular opinion is different.
Yuri readers, well romance readers in general, want the cute and easy choice. They want to read "satisfying" stories to fill their needs too.
Also quite lot of them tend to think things as black or white. Which I'm not saying is a bad thing of course. It's a preference.
Sungji was introduced as the main love interest in the beginning. She is the clearly nice person, fit to be the protagonist that people should root for.
Then it comes Seju trying to separate the main couple, also doing some questionable or clearly wrong things to the main couple, as well as giving an impure vibe. She is automatically wrong and the antagonist.

So after that, a lot of the readers have already made up their mind of who they are supposed to root for.

last edited at May 1, 2017 7:51AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Some people want to see a happy couple after a story has ended. Or it's a case of seeing it till the end, people have already made the investment so want to see it finish. Hopefully ending the way they want too.

I continue to read this to see the societal aspects of this story in terms of mental health perceptions.

I also like to see how a countries society responds to LGBTI themes. Though there isn't much drama in relation to that in this story you can still see it in how it is written.

last edited at May 1, 2017 8:12AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

MacySan

I agree with you.. but I doubt that this was written to please a certain catagory.
The Review TG made after the second arc tells clearly that they knew their story very well and they planned it to be a nasty mess at one point.
they even made a silly unusual comment in ch8 to use it again in 70 chapters later!

And as Es0teric said, ppl made the investment anyway! Pleasing them with a superficial ending is not necessary at this point.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

It's hard for me to see Seju loving someone else. I prefer that the author kills her off in the very end of the story.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Es0teric

I also like to see how a countries society responds to LGBTI themes. Though there isn't much drama in relation to that in this story you can still see it in how it is written.

hehehehe only if the responds to the "L word" in the states was representative.
anyways, I should apply for a job at Hello Studio :P

joined Mar 21, 2017

Es0teric

hehehehe only if the responds to the "L word" in the states was representative.
anyways, I should apply for a job at Hello Studio :P

Yeah there is a lot of debate about representation on "The L Word" out there.

joined May 1, 2017

I would like to see the ending that probably Seju end up losing her memory and moved on with her life happily.
While Suimin regret her lose for Seju wahaha.. kidding.. that's impossible but ya hope the ending is satisfying for 3 of the character.

joined Mar 5, 2017

I've rooted for blonde from the very beginning in ichigo 100%. What's wrong with me? Lol
Though the endgame couple was a close fight. I got lucky :p. I hope i get lucky in WDTFS too :p
(but japanese mangakas love shocking twist, so there's that)

last edited at May 1, 2017 9:50AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I would like to see the ending that probably Seju end up losing her memory and moved on with her life happily.
While Suimin regret her lose for Seju wahaha.. kidding.. that's impossible but ya hope the ending is satisfying for 3 of the character.

I've never thought about Seju losing her memories. Well at this point this would be the best scenario for her. Since it is impossible to get over Sumin.
Well I'd like if Sumin misses her at some point but its too late by then lol. It would be fair.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie0104

Oh? My points? Which one? I commented too many xDDDDDD.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Edit: but to be fair for the author, if you withdraw Seju from the love triangle then there is nothing more to talk about the main couple, they're already happy ever after and the manhwa should already end. To make this story keep going, there should be sth happening for Seju for drama effect :)

I feel like it's gone on for too long now anyway. I'm now at the point where I'm not sure i care who ends up with who. 80+ chapters of one drama situation is a bit much lol.

Haha, I agree. I heard that originally, wdtfs only had 60+ chaps or sth but it got expanded becuz of its unusual fame. And I'm still finding the point of prolong the story for 20+ chaps when the main couple has already united and happy since chap sixty something =)))))). Some chaps were super useless and boring in arc 3 =))))). Btw, you should've seen the responses when chap 69 and 70 happened, it was explosive. Answer for your question which couple is more famous =))))))

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Some people want to see a happy couple after a story has ended. Or it's a case of seeing it till the end, people have already made the investment so want to see it finish. Hopefully ending the way they want too.

They also love continuity. If Sumin x Sungji are building up for so long, it'd be feel like a waste of time (and money) to the majority if Sumin end up with Seju. Oh, people would get pissed.

Pleasing the majority also means money - more copies to sell. Just look at Naruto. The majority wasn't into Naruto and Hinata, they wanted Naruto to end up with Sakura, BUT Naruto x Hinata and Sakura x Sasuke meant more money because 2 teams combined won over 1, even if it made completely no sense since the relationship was not developed at all. WDTFS isn't big and TG can only please 1 team, which will be more important - pink with less sales or blonde with more sales? ;) At the end of the day it's all about money and future projects. Besides, letting Seju accept Sumin x Sungji relationship and walking away would give TG quite a nice chance to write a spin off.

I myself am team blonde, but I don't hate Seju. I want her to be happy, just not with Sumin. I simply can't see them going back together after 10 years of being toxic to each other. Some of you see Seju as a strong character. I don't. She used to be, but she's becoming a leach now. I can't reason with her betrayal, it was plain stupid to me - sleeping with a guy because she was angry at her gf losing the ring. She started this toxic circle, she should be the one to end it by letting go and moving on. Happiness is waiting for her, somewhere. She just needs to find it.

last edited at May 1, 2017 10:57AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Sumin: I don't know.. I think it'll be easier not having to choose what type of life you want to live.
Seju: you mean like fate?
Sumin: yeah
Seju: like us ?
Sumin leaning for a kiss: yeah.

wakes up and stares at Seju with love.. then she feels the urge to express that suppressed emotion physically till she cowards out at Seju's realisation of all the feelings she saw in Sumin's eyes.

she retreats back to her annoyed self.. rejecting Seju again and physically hurts her as a payback so she won't have any thoughts that Sumin don't want to admit just yet.

a cup of coffee would remind her of the person who taught her to enjoy and savour the bitter things in life.. she now takes them in 7 shots and can't comprehend why would others prefer them sweet.
would she go for another intense breathtaking experience .. or she prefers swimming in a calm lake, with nothing to surprise her and noting too deep.

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie0104

Oh? My points? Which one? I commented too many xDDDDDD.

this whole part:

"what you've read in this chap is Seju being real to herself, she NEEDS sumin, that's why she stoops so low to be able to stay =))))). There is no game in her action, just a pitiful girl who has no one else so she has to cling to the only person she loves. Sungji stays or not is not depending on Seju's "game" like you said =))))). Its all about them, SuminxSungji, will Sungji be able to handle a girl with so much baggage like Sumin or not [...] "

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^If this lake was so calm and not too deep she would't cry like crazy after Sungji dumped her ass. The only time she cried like that before was after Seju betrayed her. Meaning - she loves Sungji as much as she used to love Seju over 10 years ago.

joined Feb 4, 2017

^If this lake was so calm and not too deep she would't cry like crazy after Sungji dumped her ass. The only time she cried like that before was after Seju betrayed her. Meaning - she loves Sungji as much as she used to love Seju over 10 years ago.

by deep, I meant she did not need to deal with her demons.
I could argue with you on why she cried so hard.. it is not only being dumbed by Sungji, 30+ girls to overcome the first one are quite a big number.. exhausting and hopeless, tired of running in circles.
did she love Sungji? YES
did she got over Seju? nope !

she loves Sungji as much as she used to love Seju over 10 years ago.

did she love Sungji the same way she loved Seju 10 years ago!

well.. I disagree !.. the easy way to see it is thinking about the answer of Seju's question to Sungji in ch 79
if you want to look at body language, look at Sumin's reaction as she knows that Seju is sick in ch 54, then she almost left the bed, again look at ch 75 (reaction on the phone and withdrawals from the kiss)
ch77, the bed scene as she pulls her hand.
read ch50 again.. last few panels, then ch51.. her inner thought as she questions herself if she really gave Sungji her heart!!!!!!
withdraws again, Sungji holds her hand and asks her to sleep over

last edited at May 1, 2017 11:23AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.