Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Izz
It worth mentioning that the tattoo is a Kerria (japanica) flower, that represnts unforgetable love ( amongst other meanings such as unfruitfulness of something that appears to be rich and a sympol of winter as well)

And goes way back in Japenese poetery about two women in love.

That is interesting. Do you have a link to where you read that? I only found things about wealth and prosperity.

I'm about to ask that, cau you give us the link?

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^
Enjoy,
http://www.lizadalby.com/LD/TofM_Kerria_R.html

Hm.
Flowers are given layers of symbolic wrapping in Japanese culture. The wisteria, for example, epitomizes courtly elegance; the plum is associated with scholars; and the cherry blossom is the essence of evanescent beauty. The yamabuki is not so celebrated as any of these, but connotes freshness and innocence. A poem from the Man'yôshû, Japan's earliest collection of verses, speaks of an unforgettable woman "as beautiful as the fragrance of the yamabuki" (yamabuki no nihoheru imo).

The poem though was about such woman :) to me it looks like she might've chosen this flower to symbolize a fresh start or sth like that.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Such a pity that the author didnt create the flashback about when Sumin got this tattoo and how she came up with this design :).

last edited at May 1, 2017 10:10PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^It'll probably be explained when she finally opens up to Sungji - she has to. Maybe even with a tiny flashback.

Btw, it had to hurt a lot, doing a tattoo on scars...

last edited at May 1, 2017 10:13PM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Izz

It is all up to your personal interpretation.. but it is a beautiful tattoo, worth of the emphasis that Gaji made.

yoonie0104

Sumin appears to be good in languages, specifically japanese as her co-worker depended on her for translation in Japan.
I assume that Sumin knew the meaning from japanese poetry. It will be nice too to see Sumin tell the story.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Izz

It really depends to be honest. Some people say it hurts others don't

last edited at May 1, 2017 10:17PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I look up to The tale of Genji in the link, instead of focusing on the symbols or words in that link and that story's plot is interesting =))))) or should I say, wdtfs is inspired by this tale? I positively believe so =)))))). Especially about forbidden love and have a lot of love affairs to forget thaf love, you guys should read it.

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

God ! I loved ur comment .. did not want to say such a thing about the resumblense myself :D

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

God ! I loved ur comment .. did not want to say such a thing about the resumblense myself :D

Hahaha, I'm just telling the truth but that story is waayyyy messier than wdtfs @@.

joined Mar 21, 2017

There is definitely an influence but the story is way more complex than WDTFS.

joined Mar 5, 2017

Would it be so shocking and unbelievable if Sumin and Seju end up together?

last edited at May 2, 2017 12:55AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

VERY. To me, at least and you know how much a Seju lunatic I am.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I don't think it would be shocking or unbelievable. There are things they'd need to address before i thought it was a good idea though but then people make choices that confuse others all the time.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I'm now to the point that I only wish for just one scene, even if it's just a one last scene of story, I want to see a genuine happy Seju in someone's arms, someone she loves, no matter who that is and I'll be contented. I only ask for one scene, just one simple scene.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

It would be "yes" for me considering how she could do a 180 degree turn like a jerk.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

It amazed me to no end when there is a website called Lezhin contains bunch of lgbt comics when as fas as I know, Korea is a very narrow-minded country where gays and lesbians are shunned from the public. But Lezhin gets so big in such short amount of time. They even have a Lezhin event where they invited Mamamo and Eric Nam, those are kpop stars @@. It's just amazing

joined Mar 21, 2017

Are all Seju lovers, Sumin haters? and vice versa?

Just curious lol.

last edited at May 2, 2017 1:27AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

It would be "yes" for me considering how she could do a 180 degree turn like a jerk.

Your comments are always short but they make me want to give a thump up alot of times, do you know that? =)))))))

joined Mar 21, 2017

It amazed me to no end when there is a website called Lezhin contains bunch of lgbt comics when as fas as I know, Korea is a very narrow-minded country where gays and lesbians are shunned from the public. But Lezhin gets so big in such short amount of time. They even have a Lezhin event where they invited Mamamo and Eric Nam, those are kpop stars @@. It's just amazing

I think Korean society is changing. They've never made same-sex sexual relations illegal unlike India. Same-sex marriage is still illegal in Korea though but life partnership has been proposed.

last edited at May 2, 2017 1:31AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Just curious lol.

A Sumin lover here. Really. lol

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Just curious lol.

No? I think =)))))). Cause there are alot of teampink fans out there :), they love both of them apparently :), more than I could think of :)

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Just curious lol.

A Sumin lover here. Really. lol

On a scale of 1 to 3, who is top, who is the bottom among all three characters to you? =)))))

joined Mar 21, 2017

Just curious lol.

No? I think =)))))). Cause there are alot of teampink fans out there :), they love both of them apparently :), more than I could think of :)

I think some of them seem to want Seju to get with Sumin because they think Seju deserves it not that they love Sumin lol.

Edit: In the same way some Sungji fans think she deserves Sumin.

last edited at May 2, 2017 1:39AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Just curious lol.

I think some of them seem to want Seju to get with Sumin because they think Seju deserves it not that they love Sumin lol.

Edit: In the same way some Sungji fans think she deserves Sumin.

But dont hate Sumin though :), they might think Sumin doesnt deserve that love since she's selfish but Seju's also selfish =)))), except Sungji, the angel =)))). Teampink fans mostly love Seju more, like Sumin enough :) or like them both, not really hate Sumin :), and in fact, I also dont hate her that much =)))), just dont like her most among all three =))), if I hate her, I could've wish for SejuxSungji both leave her =)))))))

To reply you must either login or sign up.