Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Your pov really make me want to say sth back, dont you? :)

They also love continuity. If Sumin x Sungji are building up for so long, it'd be feel like a waste of time (and money) to the majority if Sumin end up with Seju. Oh, people would get pissed.

=)))), do you watch korean dramas? There are bunch of them with questionable endings and literally make you go "wtf?", but it doesnt make the drama become less famous =))))). In fact, it becomes even more famous =))))), why? People talk about it, hate it, show their displeasure =)))))). And waste of time and money? It was readers who follow the story, but how the story goes is totally depending on the writer. A real writer is the one who doesnt care what readers want but what they want for their work, how their characters are gonna be, not the readers want. And as I can see, TG already has everything plans out already. She even made a preference from 70 chaps ago to the recent chaps. That means she knows from the beginning what she wants to draw, not what readers want.

Pleasing the majority also means money - more copies to sell. Just look at Naruto. The majority wasn't into Naruto and Hinata, they wanted Naruto to end up with Sakura, BUT Naruto x Hinata and Sakura x Sasuke meant more money because 2 teams combined won over 1, even if it made completely no sense since the relationship was not developed at all. WDTFS isn't big and TG can only please 1 team, which will be more important - pink with less sales or blonde with more sales? ;) At the end of the day it's all about money and future projects. Besides, letting Seju accept Sumin x Sungji relationship and walking away would give TG quite a nice chance to write a spin off.

You think of a spin off for Seju because you think she...sales alot but you think an ending with teampink wont sale? Your logic is funny :). If the writer really wants a spin off, there no need to have Seju alone, SejuxSumin can make an effing spin off if they want, what about they together solve Seju's other family problems,....? Or how about Sungji spin off? Since Sungji might sale more, that would be one heck of a spin off cause Sungji fans are quite alot? Why it has to be Seju spin off?

I myself am team blonde, but I don't hate Seju. I want her to be happy, just not with Sumin. I simply can't see them going back together after 10 years of being toxic to each other. Some of you see Seju as a strong character. I don't. She used to be, but she's becoming a leach now. I can't reason with her betrayal, it was plain stupid to me - sleeping with a guy because she was angry at her gf losing the ring. She started this toxic circle, she should be the one to end it by letting go and moving on. Happiness is waiting for her, somewhere. She just needs to find it.

You dont hate her but you call her a leach? Emotional needs for a person who is all alone in this world for 34 years automatically make you a leach then why kind of person Sumin is for 10 god damn years, who totally used her money to survive? Her girlfriend's parents died and that said girlfriend was blaming every fucking thing on her head, that was why she takes off her ring, read the chap again, it was not just about the ring.
And happiness is somewhere waiting for her but she's ony need one god damn happiness that is Sumin, so what's so wrong about fighting till she could have it? Why dont you say this, Sungji, there is happiness somewhere out there, just go out and you'll get it, Sumin is not the only one? Why dont you let go and find happiness SOME WHERE ELSE?

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^If this lake was so calm and not too deep she would't cry like crazy after Sungji dumped her ass. The only time she cried like that before was after Seju betrayed her. Meaning - she loves Sungji as much as she used to love Seju over 10 years ago.

by deep, I meant she did not need to deal with her demons.
I could argue with you on why she cried so hard.. it is not only being dumbed by Sungji, 30+ girls to overcome the first one are quite a big number.. exhausting and hopeless, tired of running in circles.
did she love Sungji? YES
did she got over Seju? nope !

Seju didn't need to deal with Sumin's demons either. She betrayed her when Sumin needed her most and shortly after that, her brother gifted her with scars and trauma. Sumin pushed her away, again, dealt with everything alone and you can see it still haunts her.

No, she cried because it was Sungji, not some random chick ;) If Nami see their relationship as serious than it is serious. Plus, Sumin is working hard to rebuild Sungji's trust. She was never like that with Seju, he never invested in her relationship with Seju too much.

I don't think she'll ever fully get over Seju. First love always leaves something in us. Everything first happened with that person so it'll always be special deep in our hearts. I'm such a person. My 1st is dead though so I can't even think "what if we didn't end things". But I can't say my love to that person is fully gone. Because it's not. Even after 12 years, it's still somewhere out there in my heart.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Sumin: I don't know.. I think it'll be easier not having to choose what type of life you want to live.
Seju: you mean like fate?
Sumin: yeah
Seju: like us ?
Sumin leaning for a kiss: yeah.

wakes up and stares at Seju with love.. then she feels the urge to express that suppressed emotion physically till she cowards out at Seju's realisation of all the feelings she saw in Sumin's eyes.

she retreats back to her annoyed self.. rejecting Seju again and physically hurts her as a payback so she won't have any thoughts that Sumin don't want to admit just yet.

a cup of coffee would remind her of the person who taught her to enjoy and savour the bitter things in life.. she now takes them in 7 shots and can't comprehend why would others prefer them sweet.
would she go for another intense breathtaking experience .. or she prefers swimming in a calm lake, with nothing to surprise her and noting too deep.

Wow =))))), you're a romantic, are you? =))))))
But yeah, I really like SejuxSumin's conversation in the past :), probably because Sumin is more open and expressive with her words =))))). I get to see a Sumin who was deeply in love with Seju, who said cheesy things, promised big words :). SungjixSumin's relationship still has too much of a reversed Sumin who rarely say those things and it feels off :)

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Your pov really make me want to say sth back, dont you? :)

They also love continuity. If Sumin x Sungji are building up for so long, it'd be feel like a waste of time (and money) to the majority if Sumin end up with Seju. Oh, people would get pissed.

=)))), do you watch korean dramas? There are bunch of them with questionable endings and literally make you go "wtf?", but it doesnt make the drama become less famous =))))). In fact, it becomes even more famous =))))), why? People talk about it, hate it, show their displeasure =)))))). And waste of time and money? It was readers who follow the story, but how the story goes is totally depending on the writer. A real writer is the one who doesnt care what readers want but what they want for their work, how their characters are gonna be, not the readers want. And as I can see, TG already has everything plans out already. She even made a preference from 70 chaps ago to the recent chaps. That means she knows from the beginning what she wants to draw, not what readers want.

Japanese and chinese dramas are the same, but there's a difference between tv and manga ;)

Pleasing the majority also means money - more copies to sell. Just look at Naruto. The majority wasn't into Naruto and Hinata, they wanted Naruto to end up with Sakura, BUT Naruto x Hinata and Sakura x Sasuke meant more money because 2 teams combined won over 1, even if it made completely no sense since the relationship was not developed at all. WDTFS isn't big and TG can only please 1 team, which will be more important - pink with less sales or blonde with more sales? ;) At the end of the day it's all about money and future projects. Besides, letting Seju accept Sumin x Sungji relationship and walking away would give TG quite a nice chance to write a spin off.

You think of a spin off for Seju because you think she...sales alot but you think an ending with teampink wont sale? Your logic is funny :). If the writer really wants a spin off, there no need to have Seju alone, SejuxSumin can make an effing spin off if they want, what about they together solve Seju's other family problems,....? Or how about Sungji spin off? Since Sungji might sale more, that would be one heck of a spin off cause Sungji fans are quite alot? Why it has to be Seju spin off?

Pink spin off would've been interesting because people would be able to warm up towards her and see her building a happy, healthy relationship with someone else. Team blonde would have their happy ending and team pink should be happy for their beloved char happiness. 2 birds shot ;)

I myself am team blonde, but I don't hate Seju. I want her to be happy, just not with Sumin. I simply can't see them going back together after 10 years of being toxic to each other. Some of you see Seju as a strong character. I don't. She used to be, but she's becoming a leach now. I can't reason with her betrayal, it was plain stupid to me - sleeping with a guy because she was angry at her gf losing the ring. She started this toxic circle, she should be the one to end it by letting go and moving on. Happiness is waiting for her, somewhere. She just needs to find it.

You dont hate her but you call her a leach? Emotional needs for a person who is all alone in this world for 34 years automatically make you a leach then why kind of person Sumin is for 10 god damn years, who totally used her money to survive? Her girlfriend's parents died and that said girlfriend was blaming every fucking thing on her head, that was why she takes off her ring, read the chap again, it was not just about the ring.
And happiness is somewhere waiting for her but she's ony need one god damn happiness that is Sumin, so what's so wrong about fighting till she could have it? Why dont you say this, Sungji, there is happiness somewhere out there, just go out and you'll get it, Sumin is not the only one? Why dont you let go and find happiness SOME WHERE ELSE?

Yes, I call her a leach even though I don't hate her ;)
Sumin had a job for all those years. Seju bought her company, but Sumin WORKED for the money she got. What she was using though, was Seju herself, every time her relationship failed. But Seju loved that and wanted her more broken every time. Toxic circle is toxic.
Her parents died, she was angry and was lashing off, but Seju wasn't really there for her. She was all "it's been a month, move on already!". A month! It's not nearly enough time to move on after losing BOTH parents. What did Seju do? Yeah, had sex with a guy...

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Izz

Sumin did not need to deal with Sumin's demons

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie0104

I loved the points u made above.

And the avatar is from ch56, flashback

Oh? My points? Which one? I commented too many xDDDDDD.

this whole part:

"what you've read in this chap is Seju being real to herself, she NEEDS sumin, that's why she stoops so low to be able to stay =))))). There is no game in her action, just a pitiful girl who has no one else so she has to cling to the only person she loves. Sungji stays or not is not depending on Seju's "game" like you said =))))). Its all about them, SuminxSungji, will Sungji be able to handle a girl with so much baggage like Sumin or not [...] "

Ah, this :). Tbh, I'm quite sick of reading stuff about how people put every blame on Seju's head about the main couple's problems =)))))), their main problem comes from within more than from Seju-the outsider =))))))). And Sungji has an upperhand in everything =))))))), why cant people see it, I dont get it. Sungji has all the power to decide =))))))

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Izz

Tell that to people with PTSD - they face their demons every day. So did Sumin. She still does.

joined Feb 4, 2017

But yeah, I really like SejuxSumin's conversation in the past :), probably because Sumin is more open and expressive with her words =))))). I get to see a Sumin who was deeply in love with Seju, who said cheesy things, promised big words :). SungjixSumin's relationship still has too much of a reversed Sumin who rarely say those things and it feels off :)

what can I say, their flashbacks are the warmest thing.. Seju was cheesy too to Sumin in ch57: (the cutest in the world)
I can't stop hyping for their first falling love story !!

joined Feb 4, 2017

Izz

Tell that to people with PTSD - they face their demons every day. So did Sumin. She still does.

again, I meant by that.. Sumin could prefer the fact that she does not need to deal with nasty things in the past nor with her dark thoughts and emotions.

Seju already made the preference.. did I confuse you with this demons thing somewhere ?

joined Feb 4, 2017

Ah, this :). Tbh, I'm quite sick of reading stuff about how people put every blame on Seju's head about the main couple's problems =)))))), their main problem comes from within more than from Seju-the outsider =))))))). And Sungji has an upperhand in everything =))))))), why cant people see it, I dont get it. Sungji has all the power to decide =))))))

the "antagonist vs. protagonist" specification is the root of all this !
Seju cheated, so did Sumin ! (aaaah but Seju is cheater, Sumin was tricked .. it should not count XD)
Sungji is nice because she is forgiven.. but Sumin SHOULD never forgive !
Seju is manipulative, Sumin is a victim ! for ten years XD
Seju uses/tormented Sumin (BAD), Sumin uses/tormented Seju (serves her right !)
Sungji: fought for love (GODESS), Seju: 10 years of devotion, sacrifice and letting go alcohol,sex , relationships (LEAST she could do for her horrible cheating )

the hell is that !

joined Apr 22, 2017

I want to ask, does not sumin give ring to sungji, it seems the ring is never in use by both

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Japanese and chinese dramas are the same, but there's a difference between tv and manga ;)

You miss my point. For most of authors, they dont care about money, they want to write down what they've planned for, how their story will go. And you can see that this author already plans everything out. They're not that famous to change the ending for the sake of readers =))))). I dont want to argue with you about this, there are bunch of mangas dont go for normal ending, just for the sake of the story, not all of them are for money.

Pink spin off would've been interesting because people would be able to warm up towards her and see her building a happy, healthy relationship with someone else. Team blonde would have their happy ending and team pink should be happy for their beloved char happiness. 2 birds shot ;)

=))))) sorry but I doubt that peole who hate her would read that spin off, and if the blonde doesnt end the way her fans want to, they would want to see her happy ending =)))), so who told you that blonde spin off doesnt sale? As long as they still get to see their favorite, it'll sale. And Sungji's fans are way many more than Seju's, a Sungji spin off would be better if there is one =)))))))

Yes, I call her a leach even though I don't hate her ;)
Sumin had a job for all those years. Seju bought her company, but Sumin WORKED for the money she got. What she was using though, was Seju herself, every time her relationship failed. But Seju loved that and wanted her more broken every time. Toxic circle is toxic.
Her parents died, she was angry and was lashing off, but Seju wasn't really there for her. She was all "it's been a month, move on already!". A month! It's not nearly enough time to move on after losing BOTH parents. What did Seju do? Yeah, had sex with a guy...

2 month? So what? You let her lock herself in the house, drink wine, ruin her future when she still has to live for the sake of her parents' death? What's wrong with you? So you dont think everyday in that 2 months, she doesnt come by and say those exact words just to be wasted and not listen? And 10 years of repaying that mistake is not enough? That it has to be her biggest regret forever and she cant even ask for a second chance?
Can't you get this logic? If Sumin has a successful relationship, she wouldnt come back to Seju, that's why she wish it to be failed, so that Sumin could come back to her. That's the only way she could have Sumin back, because she didnt have the right to take her back after all of the mistakes she has done, she cant even though she wants to so she can only watch and maybe the relationship failed the Sumin would be back. Cant you get it? Or you only think about her mistake or her being the third wheel for your favourite couple so you want that so called toxic circle to end for the sake of your favorite couple?

last edited at May 1, 2017 12:04PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

I want to ask, does not sumin give ring to sungji, it seems the ring is never in use by both

EXACTLY..

about the money and sales thing.. guys let's get real, most of y'all read it for free and never purchased a coin so sit back and enjoy the free deal XD

last edited at May 1, 2017 12:09PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

the "antagonist vs. protagonist" specification is the root of all this !
Seju cheated, so did Sumin ! (aaaah but Seju is cheater, Sumin was tricked .. it should not count XD)
Sungji is nice because she is forgiven.. but Sumin SHOULD never forgive !
Seju is manipulative, Sumin is a victim ! for ten years XD
Seju uses/tormented Sumin (BAD), Sumin uses/tormented Seju (serves her right !)
Sungji: fought for love (GODESS), Seju: 10 years of devotion, sacrifice and letting go alcohol,sex , relationships (LEAST she could do for her horrible cheating )

the hell is that !

You're damn right. This bipolar way of thinking makes me quite sick lately =)))))))

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I think that Seju needs Sumin more than Sungji. I'm not saying this means they should be back together. But I wanted to note that people keep saying how Sungji did everything right, and that's the reason she should have Sumin.

As for Seju being a leech, well. I can't disagree on that, because it is kinda true. But there is a reason why she is like that.
On the other hand, I am unable to understand how Sungji seemed to trust Sumin so easily after the cheating. And when Sumin was cheated, she never forgot Seju.
It feels like I'm reading the story in parallel universe when Sumin was more open to Sungji and didn't cheat. I mean look at that scene when Seju first comes to Sumin's house.
Sungji gets inside the house and jumps right on Sumin with a big smile. I find this weird tbh. It seems like she is not even wary of Sumin at all, after all those lies.

Their relationship doesn't seem completely healthy either. Sumin may be trying, buy I have this feeling that she would betray Sungji again in the future somehow. It seems like she is trying to make everything right in theory, but in practice it is different.

joined Feb 4, 2017

As for Seju being a leech, well. I can't disagree on that, because it is kinda true. But there is a reason why she is like that.

in that one, it seems that Sumin admits she participated in that regard as the bed talk ch77
Sumin: it might be even my fault that Seju doesn't have anyone else to rely on.
is the opposite true? is Sumin dependent on Seju, YES!
(I hope this one will pass with out the need to show it in chapters)

Their relationship doesn't seem completely healthy either. Sumin may be trying, buy I have this feeling that she would betray Sungji again in the future somehow. It seems like she is trying to make everything right in theory, but in practice it is different.

I agree 100%

last edited at May 1, 2017 12:25PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't think we can blame Sumin for Seju being dependent on her. Yes she could have cut all ties with her completely, so Seju would stop having her hopes up.
But on the other hand Seju is an adult and responsible for her own actions. Blaming Sumin for this is like saying it was Seju's fault when Sumin cheated. Of course Seju provoked her a lot but it was her own responsibility because she was the one in a relationship. Unless of course she was forced.

Seju didn't show any sign of wanting to get over Sumin. Now she might be unable because of the ptsd, but in the past when she was younger and healthier she didn't even try.
And that's the worst part of this story. That the author is making Seju unwilling to move on.
At this point, they gain nothing from this characterization. They only waste Seju's character and disappoint the people who like her.

Before the assasin attack, there was still room to briefly introduce a new character for Seju and start the moving on process. But now they've made it worse, and there are even less chapters left.
This narrative would make more sense if they actually planned for a twist and have Sumin x Seju endcouple.
But now they add a character for people to empathize with, so they turn her into a chapter filler.

last edited at May 1, 2017 12:36PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

what can I say, their flashbacks are the warmest thing.. Seju was cheesy too to Sumin in ch57: (the cutest in the world)
I can't stop hyping for their first falling love story !!

=)))) those extra chaps should be the death of teampink shippers, I can guarantee you that =))))). Judging how expressive and opened Sumin was with Seju in the past and how they were so deeply in love and spending childhood together, these chaps should be all sweet and rainbows =)))))). I personally think this version of love would be very different from SuminxSungji's version of love since Sumin is more expressive =)))))). Not bad as a fan-service for all the teampink fans who arent as lucky as teamblonde fans =))))))
Btw, the things about 7 shots of coffee, Sumin really changes to drink bitter coffee? When was that? I only know she cant drink bitter coffee as first @@

joined Feb 4, 2017

I don't think we can blame Sumin for Seju being dependent on her. Yes she could have cut all ties with her completely, so Seju would stop having her hopes up.

I am not blaming Sumin, but Sumin admitted her participation in that.. could it be her promises or her constant coming back to Seju.. God knows what she meant exactly.

Seju didn't show any sign of wanting to get over Sumin. Now she might be unable because of the ptsd, but in the past when she was younger and healthier she didn't even try.
And that's the worst part of this story. That the author is making Seju unwilling to move on.
At this point, they gain nothing from this characterization. They only waste Seju's character and disappoint the people who like her.

here we have another bipolar minds, as some would argue:
Seju should move on.. but then why not Sungji who barely has a bond with Sumin at all (isn't she only 24 yrs old, with all the hots on her).. brings me back to the question: what is is for Sungji to fight this far (other than being an angle)
Seju staying was not just to make up for the bartender incident:
1) she felt extreme guilt for giving up on Sumin just one night before Sumin was able to get her shit together with flowers and stuff.
2) she thinks that her family was harassing her so they went and scarred Sumin. (as the conversation in that chapter, Seju does not know exactly why it happened.. so she assumed)

that assumption will play a part as now her family are harassing her again, and the assassin knows about Sumin/Seju thing.. (Seju knows that Sumin is also in danger, she is not only protecting herself but also by saying near Sumin she is sure that Sumin is okay as well.. and I believe it is implied in ch79 as she goes to see Sumin on the couch)

joined Mar 5, 2017

EXACTLY..

about the money and sales thing.. guys let's get real, most of y'all read it for free and never purchased a coin so sit back and enjoy the free deal XD

I beg to disagree. Lol I've been spending and i'm currently running out of coins. I even spend on the korean version even if i don have a Fckng idea what it says just so i can see the panels right away.. So i hope they won't go for the "money" ending. And there's the paperback too. I share the concern about the sales tbh

joined Feb 4, 2017

Btw, the things about 7 shots of coffee, Sumin really changes to drink bitter coffee? When was that? I only know she cant drink bitter coffee as first @@

in ch32, Seju made coffee for Sumin

Sumin: YUK! , its so bitter !
Seju: you said not to add any sugar
Sumin: but you like it this way! ugh .. its so bitter !
Sumin leaning for a kiss: look its really bitter
Seju who adores the taste of Sumin: it tastes good.
Sumin learned to love bitter coffee because Seju exposed her to that. now she drinks 7 shots of black coffee.
ch1, she asks for 7 shots no syrup (sugar)
(stop me before I get romantic again XD)

last edited at May 1, 2017 1:05PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

I beg to disagree. Lol I've been spending and i'm currently running out of coins. I even spend on the korean version even if i don have a Fckng idea what it says just so i can see the panels right away.. So i hope they won't go for the "money" ending. And there's the paperback too. I share the concern about the sales tbh

OMG roamsl

I thought I was the only one who buys the Korean version too, just to see the panels. XD
chemistry will sell

joined Mar 5, 2017

At least i want too see a couple of that romantic thing with suminxsungji before the end. It will help a little to accept it i guess hehehe

last edited at May 1, 2017 1:06PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

At least i want too see a couple of that romantic thing with suminxsungji before the end. It will help a little to accept it i guess hehehe

I love how u keep ur comments discrete XD
just the opening on ch79.. Seju touching the tattoo/ Scar ~

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

in ch32, Seju made coffee for Sumin

Sumin: YUK! , its so bitter !
Seju: you said not to add any sugar
Sumin: but you like it this way! ugh .. its so bitter !
Sumin leaning for a kiss: look its really bitter
Seju who adores the taste of Sumin: it tastes good.
Sumin learned to love bitter coffee because Seju exposed her to that. > now she drinks 7 shots of black coffee.
(stop me before I get romantic again XD)

XDDD, I know that part in chap 32, but i didnt remember reading Sumin drank 7 shots of black coffee @@, when was that? I really thought she still cant drink black coffee =)))))))
Haha, what's wrong with being romantic? Especially when you're spending time read a not-too-romantic manhwa? Sometimes you need a little bit of romantic in this heated discussion thread over ptsd, depression, cheating, break ups xDDDDDDDDDDD

last edited at May 1, 2017 1:11PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.