Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

I don't find it realistic how a person with Sumin's baggage and her past relationship failures would suddenly be able to change without either of them (her or Sungji) actively trying.
No matter how great a person is, damaged people can't have healthy relationship without trying. Not because of their partner, but because of themselves.

YES, this exactly why we had ch50, and the next chapters when she faced Seju later, she admitted her feelings and willing to love earnestly and again breaking financial dependence on Seju.
but then again, in the process she fell again in denial and ran even more from her true self.. the next time around now shall be the end of it.

So Sumin carring all this baggage from her past, and Sungji simply being nice to her seems very weak to me.
But of course this is manhwa and doesn't have to make sense. So there's that.

Sungji can't solve Sumin's problems nor can she force her to open up.. but what she gave her is something greater, a chance to see that it is okay and safe to feel and express your feelings .. notice, Sungji was never afraid of her feelings nor expressing them to Sumin who considers herself to be unworthy.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Sungji can't solve Sumin's problems nor can she force her to open up.. but what she gave her is something greater, a chance to see that it is okay and safe to feel and express your feelings .. notice, Sungji was never afraid of her feelings nor expressing them to Sumin who considers herself to be unworthy.

That's not sth only Sungji could do, all of the flashbacks between SejuxSumin also proved that Seju was also the one who openly expressed her feelings, pushing Sumin out of her shell( the flashbacks in arc 3 proved that too). Seju and Sungji are quite the same when it comes to this and if that's the thing then tbh, Sumin is just loving the second version of her first love when that love was still pure and just between two passionate teenages. And, tbh, the reason why Sumin pushed herself more with her relationship with Sungji was because she admitted she still loves Seju in chap 50, BUT the reason why she's able to admit it is not from Sungji's actions or love, it was from an action from Seju, not Sungji, up to that moment, she still hid everything from sungji. She has no role in this important change of Sumin. In fact, what Sungji has been doing is just acting cute and actively showed her feelings. Basically, what pushed Sumin's important changes on the road is Seju, tbh. Because of her with nammi, sumin admitted her love for her and feel guilty for Sungji so she tried harder for this relationship. Because of Seju's low move of tricking her to cheating, Sumin even tried harder for that love out of guilt. All of the things are not from Sungji's actions. Tbh, SungjixSumin's love is exactly like any teenage love out there with an innocent girl like Sungji. That's not healing, that's just spending cute moments together because they're couple.

Edit: for the long road, after a while, if Seji didnt do anything, eventually Sumin will open herself up enough and maybe leave Seju forever, but she will never admit her love for Seju still there, would never tell Sungji she still loves her, all she said should be "She was my first love and we broke up", that's it.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 12:18PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I agree with yoonie0104. Healing is an active action, not passive. Seems like Sungji was just there in the right time and right place.
Because she didn't even try to talk about it with Sumin. She didn't even say that she will try to be nice and show her that there is a different, healthier type of relationship. Her actions and character are important, but for a protagonist she should of had a more active role in this process. Not just changing things because she simply exists.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

We don't know if all of Sumin's exes were always afraid of expressing their feelings to Sumin or not. Also, I see Sumin's problem is that she was afraid of falling in love again. Her not expressing her feeling so much is her characteristic, not her problem. Not good at expressing your feeling is common; as good at it as Sungji is a bit too much imo.

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie0104

you have an interesting argument.

That's not sth only Sungji could do, all of the flashbacks between SejuxSumin also proved that Seju was also the one who openly expressed her feelings, pushing Sumin out of her shell( the flashbacks in arc 3 proved that too). Seju and Sungji are quite the same when it comes to this and if that's the thing then tbh,

the difference here was in Sumin herself, I quote her words from ch64 "I did not want to admit the fact that I still loved you", fear of feeling and expressing what she felt with Seju is the core difference here.. I quote again her inner thought as she teared and expressed love to Sungji in ch43 "I am miserable about the fact that I'm scared of this emotion" ( a very strong thought with a very strong expression..)

Sumin is just loving the second version of her first love when that love was still pure and just between two passionate teenages. And, tbh, the reason why Sumin pushed herself more with her relationship with Sungji was because she admitted she still loves Seju in chap 50, BUT the reason why she's able to admit it is not from Sungji's actions or love, it was from an action from Seju, not Sungji, up to that moment, she still hid everything from sungji.

you caught me off guard in this one, because I am as you are with this point, I can only sense intuitions of her actions after ch50 but I could not prove them. (admitting feelings is not Sungji's doing as u said, but accepting love is what changed)

what pushed Sumin's important changes on the road is Seju, tbh. Because of her with nammi, sumin admitted her love for her and feel guilty for Sungji so she tried harder for this relationship. Because of Seju's low move of tricking her to cheating, Sumin even tried harder for that love out of guilt. All of the things are not from Sungji's actions. Tbh, SungjixSumin's love is exactly like any teenage love out there with an innocent girl like Sungji. That's not healing, that's just spending cute moments together because they're couple.

I agree in your how it is now between Sungji and Sumin.. but remember, Sumin loved Seju ever since they were teenagers, so this kind of intense passionate love is the only love Sumin knew.. I do not think she herself can ever compare those two experiences not even on a teenager's level.. but is she able to handle such a relationship with Seju again? a relationship with a person who has a crazy family that went far enough to almost killing her!

Edit: for the long road, after a while, if Seji didnt do anything, eventually Sumin will open herself up enough and maybe leave Seju forever, but she will never admit her love for Seju still there, would never tell Sungji she still loves her, all she said should be "She was my first love and we broke up", that's it.

she already admitted her love to Seju in ch54, and told Sungji that she "likes Seju and cares about her" in ch77.
yes Sumin admitted to herself after all that she is "IN love" with Seju, and that girl will be the one to hold her no matter what.. but never felt the possibility of losing her until lately.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 1:34PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

We don't know if all of Sumin's exes were always afraid of expressing their feelings to Sumin or not. Also, I see Sumin's problem is that she was afraid of falling in love again.

I am not saying that other Sumin's past GFs are scared of expressing or had no real feelings, it as MacySan said, it was an active process, Sungji gave an opportunity and Sumin put an effort.. right time and right place.. and as yoonie0104 said, Seju did push from here and there with extra aid from Nammi.

Her not expressing her feeling so much is her characteristic, not her problem. Not good at expressing your feeling is common; as good at it as Sungji is a bit too much imo.

being bad at expressing or being an introvert is a different matter, we are looking at a person who does not know how to deal with her feelings (I hope I explained it in a good way)

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

I'd say Sumin love Seju, but not the way she used to (for example, I love my best friend, but I love her like a sister - we know each other for 27 years). She fell for Sungji, even Nami called their relationship serious and saw it as a danger to Seju x Sumin. She was right. Sungji brought light to Sumin's life once again, she made her want to live. Sumin's relationship with Seju went too far with toxicity, they can't come back from it just like that. Not in 6 chapters or so. My bet is Sungji is the end game here and Seju will either accept it, die or fly away. I can't see any other ways to deal with this triangle tbh.
I still see Seju's love for Sumin toxic, now more to herself than Sumin, but she's still trying to push buttons and constantly fails. She's playing with both of them and I wonder if this is some kind of a test for Sungji - will she stay by Sumin's side or not. And if yes, will she walk away, knowing Sumin had finally end up with the right person?

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sorry, I've missed reading most of you guys' comments. Gonna read them later.

it was an active process, Sungji gave an opportunity and Sumin put an effort.. right time and right place

This changed Sumin's personality, not healed her problem.

we are looking at a person who does not know how to deal with her feelings

I think we are looking at a person who thought that she couldn't truly be in love again, not a person who lost the ability of epressing her feelings, and needed someone to heal her not good at expressing it.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 2:00PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

This changed Sumin's personality, not healed her problem.

her personality has not changed.. and I see that the healing is still in process.

we are looking at a person who does not know how to deal with her feelings

I think we are looking at a person who thought that she couldn't truly be in love again, not a person who lost the ability of epressing her feelings, and needed someone to heal her not good at expressing it.

dealing with her feelings again is the issue.. the improper way is what got Sumin and Seju in their loop for 10 years now, starting from Sumin's parents death (and her unintentionally blaming Seju for it.. and shutting down) to how she took the bartender incident and then being drown in the past, and being disconnected with intimate partners.. all of this are what I refer to as being unable to deal with what she felt. she just hide and hold back, or make disastrous decisions.

expressing things are not that of an issue.. RUNNING is !

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 2:25PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I see that the healing is still in process

"still"? How would Sumin be like when you say she is completly healthy? As good at dealing with her feeling as Sungji is, or when she could cut all ties with Seju, or something else?

joined Feb 4, 2017

I see that the healing is still in process

"still"? How would Sumin be like when you say she is completly healthy? As good at dealing with her feeling as Sungji is, or when she could cut all ties with Seju, or something else?

That it for team Gaji to answer

(BTW, Sungji became a mess herself after the cheating happened.. we can sense something coming up from her side )

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Team Gaji won't answer that question. :D

joined Feb 4, 2017

Team Gaji won't answer that question. :D

then I will be heart broken and out of cigarettes -_-

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I personally find Sumin healthy. I really have no idea how you guys define "an emotionally healthy person".

joined Feb 4, 2017

I personally find Sumin healthy. I really have no idea how you guys define "an emotionally healthy person".

Dr. Jeanette:
"A large part of emotional health comes from the individual being open to feeling particular emotions instead of trying to avoid them or control them. Instead, he finds healthy ways to express his emotions in a way that allows him to assert himself in a way that is less inhibited."

"Emotionally healthy people feel safe and secure with their own emotions and feelings. They feel their feelings and emotions instead of avoiding them or trying to control them. "

http://www.drjeanette.com/emotionalhealth.html

joined Feb 4, 2017

Gaji's twitter account shows another exquisite design.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Its mercy and d.va from overwatch. Seems like gaji really like overwatch game :).

joined Feb 4, 2017

Its mercy and d.va from overwatch. Seems like gaji really like overwatch game :).

Damn, I'm in love with this lady's art !! so addictive

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I'd say Sumin love Seju, but not the way she used to (for example, I love my best friend, but I love her like a sister - we know each other for 27 years). She fell for Sungji, even Nami called their relationship serious and saw it as a danger to Seju x Sumin. She was right. Sungji brought light to Sumin's life once again, she made her want to live. Sumin's relationship with Seju went too far with toxicity, they can't come back from it just like that. Not in 6 chapters or so. My bet is Sungji is the end game here and Seju will either accept it, die or fly away. I can't see any other ways to deal with this triangle tbh.

When did Sumin ever want to die though? For Sungji to be able to make her live again? =))))))). The person who is closer to death gate for 10 years is Seju =)))))). And are you sure, Sumin's love for Seju is sister love? I dont think so =)))))). Yes, its might not be the same, no doubts, since there is Sungji =))))))) but its definitely not friendship love =))))). Btw, how about Seju died and SuminxSungji go separate ways? That's another perfect way to deal with this triangle love, other than SungjixSumin endgame? Haha, believe me, the moment Seju died, this story has stopped the meaning of healing game to become a sad or opening ending. Seju accepting or fly away? Look at her, look at how she is suffering and behave this chap, are you sure she's gonna let go for just 6 chaps? too late for that already. And that's just a perfect ending for teamblonde with Seju as perfect plot device =)))). What kind of healing is there for Seju?

I still see Seju's love for Sumin toxic, now more to herself than Sumin, but she's still trying to push buttons and constantly fails. She's playing with both of them and I wonder if this is some kind of a test for Sungji - will she stay by Sumin's side or not. And if yes, will she walk away, knowing Sumin had finally end up with the right person?

No, Seju has stopped pushing button since arc 3 =)))), what you've read in this chap is Seju being real to herself, she NEEDS sumin, that's why she stoops so low to be able to stay =))))). There is no game in her action, just a pitiful girl who has no one else so she has to cling to the only person she loves. Sungji stays or not is not depending on Seju's "game" like you said =))))). Its all about them, SuminxSungji, will Sungji be able to handle a girl with so much baggage like Sumin or not =)))))), will she love Sumin that much to be able to be with Sumin or not. The ball is totally in Sungji's hand =))))). Sungji has upperhand in this, compare to Seju, thanks to Sumin's love. Leave or stay is for her to decide =)))))), Seju doesnt even have that right for 10 years and still counting =)))). Btw, after this chap, I can assure you, Seju 99% wont walk away unless she dies.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Damn, I'm in love with this lady's art !! so addictive

If there is a wdtfs spin off or new project from them, I might give it a try :). Their art is superb :)

P.S: btw, your avatar, which chap was this?

last edited at May 1, 2017 1:03AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Personally i think Seju's dependency on Sumin is unhealthy especially if she believes she couldn't live without her. If Seju and Sumin were to end up back together it's something that would need to be addressed beforehand.

last edited at May 1, 2017 12:22AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Personally i think Seju's dependency on Sumin is unhealthy especially if she believes she couldn't live without her. If Seju and Sumin were to end up back together it's something that would need to be addressed beforehand.

I agree with you on this, that's why I want Seju to seperate from Sumin and alone but grow stronger before this, finding her own happiness on her own :), no more teampink but after this chap, my hope has completely gone :), she now even has panic attacks, leaving her alone right now is just another way to kill her. I just hope there would be a fair ending for all three with this new scenerio where Seju's situation is getting worse.

Edit: but to be fair for the author, if you withdraw Seju from the love triangle then there is nothing more to talk about the main couple, they're already happy ever after and the manhwa should already end. To make this story keep going, there should be sth happening for Seju for drama effect :)

last edited at May 1, 2017 1:06AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

"Emotionally healthy people feel safe and secure with their own emotions and feelings. They feel their feelings and emotions instead of avoiding them or trying to control them. "

Is she avoiding her feeling? She has moved on with her new gf.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I agree with you on this, that's why I want Seju to seperate from Sumin and alone but grow stronger before this, finding her own happiness on her own :), no more teampink but after this chap, my hope has completely gone :), she now even has panic attacks, leaving her alone right now is just another way to kill her. I just hope there would be a fair ending for all three with this new scenerio where Seju's situation is getting worse.

I think for me it'll be interesting as i come from a western country with good services and societal attitudes towards mental health. So to see how a country with poor attitudes (from what I've read) deals with this situation interests me.

Edit: but to be fair for the author, if you withdraw Seju from the love triangle then there is nothing more to talk about the main couple, they're already happy ever after and the manhwa should already end. To make this story keep going, there should be sth happening for Seju for drama effect :)

I feel like it's gone on for too long now anyway. I'm now at the point where I'm not sure i care who ends up with who. 80+ chapters of one drama situation is a bit much lol.

joined Apr 22, 2017

It is better to go to america and live well there find happiness with new partner, although it is difficult to forget the sumin but this way better than have to kill the character

To reply you must either login or sign up.