Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

^
I was editing the above post a lot.. however, I can't get past Seju's question to Sungji in ch78 just yet.. if that won't shake Sungji a bit, then I do not know what else would make her sit down and evaluate her relationship that we were questioning posts and posts ago.

the possibility of losing Seju for good has Sumin shaken a bit.. but I do not see how far that would go yet.

(remember, this is a key thing and was there in her mind since ch50)

I got passionate again XD

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 2:08PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Going back to Sumin x Seju isn't possible IMO. The story is about healing and their relationship became too toxic. Sungji healed Sumin a lot. Seju is still who she used to be, still trying to manipulate Sumin back which means toxic relationship once again. What Seju needs is also someone who could heal her. Or she'll leave, go to the US with her devoted brother who btw should be the one living with her instead of putting her with Sumin. I don't know what game is he playing, but it's not good for anyone.

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 7:22PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

^
I was editing the above post a lot.. however, I can't get past Seju's question to Sungji in ch78 just yet.. if that won't shake Sungji a bit, then I do not know what else would make her sit down and evaluate her relationship that we were questioning posts and posts ago.

the possibility of losing Seju for good has Sumin shaken a bit.. but I do not see how far that would go yet.

(remember, this is a key thing and was there in her mind since ch50)

I got passionate again XD

Haha, but there is still a possibility of skipping scenes or hidden scenes where SungjixSumin resolve their problems and deepen their bond =)))))), which might only reveal in the last chap of the story, just like in arc 2. We never know :). However, judging from the talk in bed between Sumin and Sungji a few chaps ago, I personally think they havent talked much, Sungji only just knew about the true nature of SejuxSumin's bond that night, which means Sumin didnt talk about it before.
One of the reasons why we think their relationship is shallow is the fact that they jumped right to sex after making up from the cheating =)))). Maybe there is some kind of talk before that sex? I'm giving them the best benefit of the doubts I could possibly think of. Cause I still think they're endgame :). After all, for most of story, its all about them building their relationship, break-up then reunion, if the story ends up with another pair, that should need one heck of explaination and I dont think one last chap could contain a fair explaination. I do love Seju alot but I want her to fix her dependent towards Sumin first :), that's the thing I want her to change. Her love for Sumin is admirable and for 10 years, she's still there, loving Sumin with all her heart, I admire her for that. Deep down, I dont want her to love someone else. Her loyal love for Sumin is what makes her love special, and if she really goes love someone else, it will lose its specialty =)))). However I want her to learn to live independently while loving Sumin. I mean, you still love that person but that person shouldnt be the one who decides your fate, you love her, let her do her thing while you do yours, not just revolve yourself around her anymore, live your life and all. Do I make any sense to you? I believe this is the best development for Seju, not her moving on with another girl or leave Sumin like she has stopped loving her. However, I started to doubt the author could give Seju a fair ending after this chap, so I put my hope down alot after this chap :)

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 8:49PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Izz

Going back to Sumin x Seju isn't possible IMO. The story is about healing and their relationship became too toxic. Sungji healed Sumin a lot. Seju is still who she used to be, still trying to manipulate Sumin back which means toxic relationship once again. What Seju needs is also someone who could heal her. Or she'll leave, go to the US with her devoted brother who btw should be the one living with her instead of putting her with Sumin. I don't know what game is he playing, but it's not good for anyone.

interesting, the part when you talk about the toxic relationship, the reason of it being toxic is primarily because of Sumin inability to understand her feelings and when she does, she wont act on them properly.. and also on Seju who allowed it to go so faaar out of guilt and need (which then trigger her dark behaviours) , if you solve the first part, then Sumin's healthy connection with her own feelings will eventually heal Seju.
(who does not seem to move on or able to form a deep connection with someone else, I personally cant see it in 6 chapters.. Seju indeed needs to feel loved and safe, the only one able to do it is Sumin)

• the girl is suffering from PTSD, even her brother knows that a body guard is not what Seju needs now, but the safety and warmth

I agree on the part that Sungji healed Sumin in a sense she broke Sumin fear to receive and give genuine feelings

so the healing according to how things appear to me is like that;

Sungji heals Sumin -> Sumin heals Seju

if pulled out nicely by Team Gaji, then the circle of Toxic relationship and drowning in the past will be broken

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 10:15PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie0104
about skipped scenes, I came familiar with Team Gaji's style, they can always drop hints here or there, but in that particular matter, I've seen more hints about the cracks in Sungjimin relationships (more doubts, trust issues, uncertainties, inability of Sumin to love earnestly as she wanted, superficiality, and most importantly "communication")
I do not want to get to the part in ch 75)

since u brought up the bed scene, now if we connect what Sungji knows about Sumin's feelings to Seju and now how Seju feels towards Sumin (I expect Sungji to realise a great reason of her love to Sumin and stubbornness to fight or else, her letting go.. given that she is already offered by many others a fresh baggage-less start in which the other partner is willing to connect and open up to her. (she receives 5 coffee cups daily + the new team leader hots n her)

( I drove this from bed talk in ch77 and this ch79 restaurant talk)

you love her, let her do her thing while you do yours, not just revolve yourself around her anymore, live your life and all. Do I make any sense to you? I believe this is the best development for Seju, not her moving on with another girl or leave Sumin like she has stopped loving her. However, I started to doubt the author could give Seju a fair ending after this chap, so I put my hope down alot after this chap :)

in all chapter, Seju never stopped Sumin from doing what she wants, even using her as a rebound girl and an on-demand family whenever Sumin felt like it, and Sumin also needs Seju in her life ( have you noticed that Seju knows more about Sumin's dating history and life even more than Nammi, her only friend, and Sumin knows how frequent and when Seju would go to the main house when Nammi knows a little about the Baeks and possibly the tattoo) ..
her need for Seju in her life is the reason why she almost cried in ch74 even though she went this far with the breaking up thing and saying so many harsh things.. I seriously think Sumin feels she is unworthy of Seju's love and devotion and could say why she hates her (look at the flashback in ch56 -what a scene to admire ahh) that is a side from how they manipulate each other. as I see it, Sumin is Achilles's heel to Seju and the opposite is very true.

can you imagine Sumin living a healthy relationship with Sungji without thinking about Seju daily ?

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 10:18PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^She kinda stopped thinking about Seju and started about Sungji. Sumin moved on, it's Seju who can't do the same. I can't see them going back together. I think Seju will either fly to USA or commit a suicide. There's also a very tiny chance for her allowing Nami into her life, which would be the best IMO. I want her to be happy, but I also want both her and Sumin be finally free from each other.

joined Feb 4, 2017

^She kinda stopped thinking about Seju and started about Sungji. Sumin moved on, it's Seju who can't do the same. I can't see them going back together. I think Seju will either fly to USA or commit a suicide. There's also a very tiny chance for her allowing Nami into her life, which would be the best IMO. I want her to be happy, but I also want both her and Sumin be finally free from each other.

I disagree, Sumin hasn't moved on, both, emotionally and physically.. ( I can list some scenes on which I believe so)

but for now, look very closely at the openings of ch78 and ch79

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 10:08PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Looking at the way this discussion is going, and has been going for quite a long time, I am quite concerned. I say this as a moderator who takes the conversations here seriously.

Y'all are gonna get carpal tunnel writing stuff like this. Take care of yourselves, okay?

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
it will be over in two months.. let the kids play

joined Jun 6, 2016

Just like I previously said... it needs either sungji or seju to give in. (I've descirbed the 1st possible scenario before so here is my 2nd scenario)

For 2nd scenario , seju might think that sungji is "special" for sumin and accept it in near future...

By "Special" means that seju finally accept that sungji is what sumin needs, and she bring goodness into sumin, not like a selfish (kinda possesive) side of seju. That seju realized she isn't good enough for sumin.... (you know she has put blame to anything bad that happened to sumin, about her parents and scar, and now this assasin threat.... so if she think her presence would make sumin suffer, she might choose to disappear while still in love with sumin...)

it makes senses since she loves sumin more than herself so given up her love to sungji because it's better this way for sumin.

It's healing in a way... because if she choose this... seju is STRONG enough to let go.... because it's the courageous decision that seju can pull.... I mean sumin has said that both of them are a coward who can't let go before... lol

Letting go... is a form of strength... it doesn't mean to stop caring but it means to stop trying to force others (sumin)

She have noticed how sungji is different than sumin past girlfriends, seju said that how suji is quite odds already. Who know? The kindness of suji might make seju to give in.

Yep.. I think we're going this route and it iwll make team blonde happy and team pink to root and adore seju even more...(better than turning seju into evil bitch) both side happy...lol.

Then we might have a wdtfs spin off .... making seju as main character

Or TG can put even more twist... I have one in mind... but kinda absurd.... wishy washy

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 12:07AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

This is probably the longest intense discussion thread here.

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

There are many series that I'm wishing not to end yet..But this one, I feel relieved that it is ending already..xD

joined Mar 5, 2017

I personally think Sumin hasn't moved on yet from Seju but she's trying, so the breaking up with seju. But the circumstances doesn't allow her at the moment. So until Seju is completely out of her life and not think about her,......

I agree with nora89, sumin is the only one who can heal seju, how shes gonna do it? well.... TG knows lol

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 2:01AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

sumin is the only one who can heal seju, how shes gonna do it?

Does nothing. Seju will be healed in her 60s for sure.

joined Mar 5, 2017

sumin is the only one who can heal seju, how shes gonna do it?

Does nothing. Seju will be healed in her 60s for sure.

Hehehe.. Let's hope she does something. Cut her some slack and give her a chance

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

haha. Not doing anything at all is a solution too.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

agree with nora89, sumin is the only one who can heal seju, how shes gonna do it? well.... TG knows lol

I've been waiting for her to do sth for Seju since forever but right after she found her happiness that is Sungji, she ran off selfishly and leaving Seju behind without caring what's gonna happen to her =))))))

joined Feb 13, 2017

Can anyone tell me where to read offical translation of chp 78,pls?

joined Mar 21, 2017

On Lezhin.

joined Feb 13, 2017

On Lezhin.

Thank you very much:)))))

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Honestly I really don't see how Sungji heals Sumin. She actively has done very little to help her in this issue. She knew about Seju way before, yet her behavior didn't change.
She got cheated and then came back really quickly, not saying anything. They had sex.
The only time she was opposed was now that Seju moved to Sumin's house. She is just too passive to be considered a healer.
To me, it was Sumin feeling fed up with her relationship with Seju, and this super nice and a bit naive girl happened to really like her.
So Sumin took that opportunity and put all of her emotional needs into Sungji, since she was always actively trying to find a better match to get over Seju.

The story moves because of Seju now. Since Sumin and Sungji being the main couple, the story should be written in a different perspective. At this point, to me at least, it would make more sense if the whole point if this story would actually be Sumin and Seju resolving their issues and getting back together again.
And even if it is revealed in the end that Sungji was playing a different role that she was hiding all along, it still I not enough at this point.

They could have saved it by making Seju more detached from Sumin, but she is getting worse. It's just frustrating to see nothing good happening to her character.

joined Aug 29, 2015

MacySan

for some reason Sumin overcame her depression when Sungji became her gf lol I don't think they've ever talk about Sumin's crippling depression because of her past with Seju. this manhwa has superb artwork but it seems the author doesn't know what this manhwa is supposed to be-narrative wise.

Seju has all the problems in the world on this manhwa even though she's the antagonistic figure in the story while the main couple has zero problems. storyline-wise this doesn't make sense at all. how come the antagonist is the one who needed to be save and the one who has a lot to overcome? though I'm glad the story seems to be moving in Seju's perspective but I'm frustrated with the way they handle her. but I guess I need to thank TG for adding more facial expression to Seju. any reader can tell what's she's thinking/feeling by just looking at the expression of her face.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 9:58AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

MacySan

Honestly I really don't see how Sungji heals Sumin. She actively has done very little to help her in this issue. She knew about Seju way before, yet her behavior didn't change.
She got cheated and then came back really quickly, not saying anything. They had sex.

the way she talked Sumin in taking it slow with her from the beg, and being trust worthy (ch34), and then providing a safe environment in which Sumin can experience love again (ch 41) is quite healing.
the importance of ch34 is to give something different from what she had with the Red-Head (recall the flashback in ch33) and also different from what she had with the Lawyer ( notice that the Red head and Sangmi are two of the most important girls in Sumin dating life as it seems in ch50)

now, now.. I am defending Sungji.. for those who find me harsh on her XD

about the having Sex right away, I explained previously that people who get cheated on go into either extremes:
a) NOT want to be touched by their other party or even see them ( this one is the most common in media)
or
b) wanting to have passionate sex with their partner to reclaim her, and feeling the urge the immediately reconnect the bridge with the each other (less seen on media, but very very common in reality, people are ashamed of admitting that hysterical bonding exists) <- this is the case with Sungji (either cases do not imply forgiveness, they are both phases till the decision phase comes)

The story moves because of Seju now. Since Sumin and Sungji being the main couple, the story should be written in a different perspective. At this point, to me at least, it would make more sense if the whole point if this story would actually be Sumin and Seju resolving their issues and getting back together again.

ah, Seju can move the story now, but in ch67 till ch74 it was Sungji who is moving things up.. and now then back again in ch79.. one chapter is not sufficient to say who plays greater roles, it rather shifts from on another depending on the periodic spot light.

And even if it is revealed in the end that Sungji was playing a different role that she was hiding all along, it still I not enough at this point.

I do not see her other side ( I believe she has one) is necessarily bad, I think it comes from her being overwhelmed by many extreme experiences that she did not have time to understand or evaluate properly (from falling in love from the first sight -lust- , developing emotions to someone she knew was ready to leave any moment, being provoked by her boss and her GF ex twice.. and finally being cheated on)..

if Sungji gives herself sometime to understand how she really feels, only then we can see her other side.. the justified real non-robotic image.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 10:44AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

kami-sama

MacySan
for some reason Sumin overcame her depression when Sungji became her gf lol I don't think they've ever talk about Sumin's crippling depression because of her past with Seju. this manhwa has superb artwork but it seems the author doesn't know what this manhwa is supposed to be-narrative wise.

Sumin is a typical introvert, those won't talk about their problems and deal with their emotions internally, if they felt paralysed by them, they will suppress them deep inside, she was and is still doing that, crippling depression in her case will be accepting her emotion and acknowledging them

Seju has all the problems in the world on this manhwa even though she's the antagonistic figure in the story while the main couple has zero problems. storyline-wise this doesn't make sense at all. how come the antagonist is the one who needed to be save and the one who has a lot to overcome? though I'm glad the story seems to be moving in Seju's perspective but I'm frustrated with the way they handle her. but I guess I need to thank TG for adding more facial expression to Seju. any reader can tell what's she's thinking/feeling by just looking at the expression of her face.

If you let go of the terms "antagonist" , " main couple" you will see the story from a very different perspective ( it is a key in understanding why the story is going through these directions )

even that " main couple" has lists of problems that hit its foundation.. but I am sure it will appear more clearly soon enough

while I can see that you are directing the post to MacySan, I felt like answering, so let me know if I became too much XD

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 10:43AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yes Sungji is providing a healthy environment for Sumin. But I really find it hard to be convinced that this would be a real case, instead of the author just making it work because it is supposed to work. I don't find it realistic how a person with Sumin's baggage and her past relationship failures would suddenly be able to change without either of them (her or Sungji) actively trying.
No matter how great a person is, damaged people can't have healthy relationship without trying. Not because of their partner, but because of themselves.

So Sumin carring all this baggage from her past, and Sungji simply being nice to her seems very weak to me.
But of course this is manhwa and doesn't have to make sense. So there's that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.