Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

I have two things on top of my mind:
1- Sungji realisations and what they will lead her to:
a) Sumin still likes Seju, and Sungji admits her defeat in severing the ties between the two ch77.
b) Seju indirectly making Sungji question her own love to Sumin "has Sungji ever felt like that ?" -> now its not only the trust issue (Sumin > Sungji) but also ( Sungji > Sumin )
2- How did Sumin and Seju actually met and (their first falling in love)

it could contain many unfolded details that can justify the ending whatever it is.
(I personally think they both met during Seju' birthday party)

joined Feb 4, 2017

Vanbun

You use "deserve" quiete a lot of times... but I think in reality.... people get their happiness not because they deserved it... sometimes because they're giving effort to reach for happiness.

one of the deepest things I've read lately, gotta quote it for future use. thanks

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 9:15PM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I still want my baby Seju alive and happy..

There is more possibility that Sumin would die tho(i cant remember the chapter where she is kinda sick)..This would be best ending for me..*evil laugh* :P

joined Mar 5, 2017

Imo, Possibilities for seju's fate will be death, suicidal attempts and ending up in a mental hosp. I agree with nora89 sumin is noticing. She's getting there. She didn't push seju away in a bad way.

As for sungji's realisation, as i've said before, i can see her walking away from this or stay and be good and pure as always. Still, are her feelings enough and willing to have seju around and poking in their lives every now and then?

For sumin, if seju will disappear suddenly, she will get crazy as hell to the point where her relationship with sungji will be compromised.

Healing is way too far.

So really, what ending are we going to have?

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 11:56PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Nora89

I've noticed tho that the writer is a scorpio and shares the same birthday as Seju.. and all three represent the typical characteristics of the horoscope they have.. Sumin is so much of Cancer.. who is so attached to her mother (before she died) and Sungji is a Taurus (shares Gaji's sign)

How did you know Seju has the same birthday with the writer? And Sumin has the same sign with Gaji?

joined Aug 29, 2015

I feel like WDTFS got the plot backwards lol how come the antagonist is the one who needs the journey of healing the most out of all the characters? I feel detached and apathetic to the main couple while I feel sorry for Seju. I hope Seju wont end up in a mental institution. just so Team Blonde can say that Yay! Love Wins!! There really is something wrong with this manhwa's narrative plot.

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 12:17AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Imo, Possibilities for seju's fate will be death, suicidal attempts and ending up in a mental hosp. I agree with nora89 sumin is noticing. She's getting there. She didn't push seju away in a bad way.

As for sungji's realisation, as i've said before, i can see her walking away from this or stay and be good and pure as always. Still, are her feelings enough and willing to have seju around and poking in their lives every now and then?

For sumin, if seju will disappear suddenly, she will get crazy as hell to the point where her relationship with sungji will be compromised.

Healing is way too far.

There are 6 chaps left so this is possible endings I could come up with:
- Seju died, Sumin is devastated, Sungji stays to help her, those two stick together, may not be the same for Sumin since Seju died but I guess Sungji is stubborn enough to not let go of Sumin => not healing at all
- Seju not die but has some kind of serious health problems and Sumin stays to take care of her, Sungji stays with Sumin. All three together tied to each other that way => not healing at all
- Threesome. All three together, live with each other => that's definitely not a healing ending when Seju is still that obssessed with Sumin
- Seju left. SuminxSungji happily ever after. After this chap I wonder if this is even possible, judging how Seju has been suffering after-effect and scared like this? => not healing, at least for Seju
- Sungji left. Sumin back to Seju. Haizza, the chance of this is too low, unless there is a life-changing event that makes Sumin or Sungji rethink their relationship or Sumin rethinks about Seju. After this chap, I honestly think this ending is the second best after Seju dying :). Not for teampink but I know now Seju will either die or with Sumin. There is a possibility of Sungji walking away without hurting too much and she could recover from the pain. I couldnt say so with Seju's case so yeah, as much as I hate it, this is the second best ending.
I hate the fact the author create this scenerio where Seju is even more attached to Sumin than ever before. They left Seju no choice but to be with Sumin or die.

joined Jun 6, 2016

Healing is way too far.

There are 6 chaps left so this is possible endings I could come up with:
- Seju died, Sumin is devastated, Sungji stays to help her, those two stick together, may not be the same for Sumin since Seju died but I guess Sungji is stubborn enough to not let go of Sumin => not healing at all
- Seju not die but has some kind of serious health problems and Sumin stays to take care of her, Sungji stays with Sumin. All three together tied to each other that way => not healing at all
- Threesome. All three together, live with each other => that's definitely not a healing ending when Seju is still that obssessed with Sumin
- Seju left. SuminxSungji happily ever after. After this chap I wonder if this is even possible, judging how Seju has been suffering after-effect and scared like this? => not healing, at least for Seju
- Sungji left. Sumin back to Seju. Haizza, the chance of this is too low, unless there is a life-changing event that makes Sumin or Sungji rethink their relationship or Sumin rethinks about Seju. After this chap, I honestly think this ending is the second best after Seju dying :). Not for teampink but I know now Seju will either die or with Sumin. There is a possibility of Sungji walking away without hurting too much and she could recover from the pain. I couldnt say so with Seju's case so yeah, as much as I hate it, this is the second best ending.
I hate the fact the author create this scenerio where Seju is even more attached to Sumin than ever before. They left Seju no choice but to be with Sumin or die.

No... for me sungji's left is my preference, or more likely

With this the blonde fans would accept it more and won't hate seju x sumin since the one who give in is sungji... not sumin....

looking how kind and with dignity sungji is (she is beauty with sharp mouth)... she begin to think why she like sumin.... she has been thinking.... way back when she tried to date dawon... she has wondered for a long time now... but still can't reply seju question when seju asked that she feel relieved if she is with sumin...and has sungji feel the same? (We know the obvious answer is no)

Does she hold on sumin because she doesn't want to lose to seju? Or does she really needs sumin that bad?

Either seju or sungji need to give in....

Sungji is more likely be the one who given in and be the better person.... look at how cool and kind she has been...

But I still prefer seju to move away from sungji and sumin thought.....

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 2:27AM

joined Apr 22, 2017

I think sungji will release the sumin, because he is tired of the unbreakable suminxseju relationship, I see here the sumin is so sweet his attitude towards sungji, but sungji a bit cold, maybe because he is still angry with the sumin.

joined Apr 22, 2017

Hey,sunji, I remember that you want to move into sumin's house.
it is a good time to do so now,isn't it?

joined Aug 29, 2015

Sungji might be realizing that Seju needs Sumin right now more than ever. but if the main couple is going to break up because of this compromise situation between Sumin and Seju. it's not going to make anyone happy. in fact, the story will look like we're back to square one.

I think what Seju needs to do now is to investigate what really happened to her mother and maybe she's going to find other underlying secrets about her brothers or even her father. the current progression of the story is less intriguing and more frustrating, so imo it's time to dig deeper into Seju's family history and since Sumin is free, maybe she can help Seju with it.

I hope the characters communicate more and stop keeping all their emotions and worries to themselves. I feel like an outsider reading this manhwa rather than me seeing the story to their own perspective. maybe if the characters have internal monologue, we don't have to analyze their every words or actions to know what they're actually thinking.

and I expect that TG will finally address what the three main characters is striving for to have a happy ending. we know Sumin and Sungji probably wants to end up together but what about Seju? what does she need to have a happy ending? Sumin is not an option. so I hope that once she resolve her family issue, she will have the strength to move on

joined Feb 4, 2017

Nora89

I've noticed tho that the writer is a scorpio and shares the same birthday as Seju.. and all three represent the typical characteristics of the horoscope they have.. Sumin is so much of Cancer.. who is so attached to her mother (before she died) and Sungji is a Taurus (shares Gaji's sign)

How did you know Seju has the same birthday with the writer? And Sumin has the same sign with Gaji?

Twitter account, she had a birthday cake on 2nd of Nov. And she is 34 years old

joined Feb 4, 2017

Vanbun
I agree with you, you are very perciptive about the part when Sungji was evaluating her relationship with Sumin waaay back, and Seju's question just hit a nail !
Proper way to break Sungji and Sumin is Sungji walking away as u said.. (I've been sensing that from the banner of the arc.. but it is not a proof :/)
Ch55 comes up into the surface every now and then.. whether when u remember a comment like Sungji saying (Things will not end the way you wanted it to) or (you are the one I pity !) ..
So I totally agree with you about Sungji not wanting to lose to Seju as a fuel for her stubborness.
Does Sungji know that if she said no, and Seju left the house.. what will be Sumin's reaction?!
At this point, Sungji is not even able to separate them even if she used her influnce on Sumin.. so the whole lunch thing was not to provide Sungji a reasoning to let Seju stay but a question to think about !

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Nora89

Are you sure she's not celebrating Seju's 34th birthday? Cause it sounds like it. She celebrated Sungji's birthday with the same manner :)

P.S: She can not be that old @@

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 7:00AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Btw, I have strong feeling Sungji might move in to the house next chap =))))))

joined Feb 4, 2017

Are you sure she's not celebrating Seju's 34th birthday? Cause it sounds like it. She celebrated Sungji's birthday with the same manner :)

They did not get an actual cake on Sungji's .. but Gaji's (the artist) birthday is just two days before Sungji's.. so the cake u saw this week is for Gaji' actual birthday.

Also the story is mature enough, it gives a hints of the writer's maturity

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 7:09AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

I don't have any expectation, prediction, assumption for the next chapter. With the way things are, its kinda hard to say. It feels like the chaps are moving like a wheel, up and down

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

They did not get an actual cake on Sungji's .. but Gaji's (the artist) birthday is just two days before Sungji's.. so the cake u saw this week is for Gaji' actual birthday.

Also the story is mature enough, it gives a hints of the writer's maturity

And how did you know the birthday of TG's artist? Well, so what about Sumin? Seems like if you're right, the other two have shared some connections with their creators but what about Sumin? And if this is true, they might build the characters based on themselves :).

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 7:23AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

And how did you know the birthday of TG's artist? Well, so what about Sumin? Seems like if you're right, the other two have shared some connections with their creators but what about Sumin? And if this is true, they might build the characters based on themselves :).

I translated some of the tweets, so I got it was Gaji's birthday.. about Sumin ( I have no clue..)
somehow I feel like a detective (I wonder what else should I be doing with this time ..)

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 8:17AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I translated some of the tweets, so I got it was Gaji's birthday.. about Sumin ( I have no clue..)
somehow I feel like a detective (I wonder what else should I be doing with this time ..)

You do sound like a detective =)))) but well, to each your own XD. Anyway, since I'm asking you about Sumin, I suddenly realise that Sumin's role in this story has become less and less significant the more the story goes. Its now more like story revolving between Seju and Sungji with how they face each other on this road, Sumin is now just the person in between and doesnt really have any significant role for the rest of the story :), how this story ends now totally depends on SejuxSungji's actions and behaviors :). It's hard to say now that Sumin is the protagonist character :) with the fact that she totally lost her important role she has at the beginning of story. I even wonder if this story is really about Sumin's healing journey :). Tbh, with how Seju is suffering, an ultimate healing for her is making more sense than Sumin if this story is about healing or if this is the story about love triangle, SejuxSungji could've stood out more with their opposite ways of facing the problem, Sumin is just a...prize :)

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 9:00AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Seju x sungji could have been more interesting. The tension between them is a good start. Its nice to talk about them fo a change :p

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 9:34AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

34 is not that old at all lol

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

34 is not that old at all lol

Haha, sorry, I honestly thought these authors must've been in their 20s, cause it's quite hard to picture a super mature woman in her 30s using twitter, play overwatch game, etc , especially create this kind of manhwa XD. Tbh, this manhwa gives me the vibe that its creators should be in their 20s xD, maybe that's just me

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 11:22AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Most authors are above 30 :P at least from the ones that I know.
Also yeah I understand why you'd thought that, but ever since I started playing online games I was surprised to see quite lot people above their 30s as well. It is not uncommon.

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 12:36PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

You do sound like a detective =)))) but well, to each your own XD. Anyway, since I'm asking you about Sumin, I suddenly realise that Sumin's role in this story has become less and less significant the more the story goes. Its now more like story revolving between Seju and Sungji with how they face each other on this road, Sumin is now just the person in between and doesnt really have any significant role for the rest of the story :), how this story ends now totally depends on SejuxSungji's actions and behaviors :). It's hard to say now that Sumin is the protagonist character :) with the fact that she totally lost her important role she has at the beginning of story. I even wonder if this story is really about Sumin's healing journey :). Tbh, with how Seju is suffering, an ultimate healing for her is making more sense than Sumin if this story is about healing or if this is the story about love triangle, SejuxSungji could've stood out more with their opposite ways of facing the problem, Sumin is just a...prize :)

to be fair, Sumin is growing as a person and her in feelings.. which is her journey from ch50 to now.. she went through different levels of realisations, denial again, realisations once more .. from a selfish coward to a person closer to confronting herself as the story goes..

being true to your feelings is one of the hardest greatest hardships that Sumin has to overcome.. being burnt once by that, made her so used to live in denial to protect herself.. even when she admitted them to herself, was not enough to act on them unless she truly has to.. the greatest thing Sungji ever done to Sumin is making her feel okay to feel loved and to give love back.. the growth in Sumin is base of this healing story, without it we will have a half-assed relationship with Sungji and a half-assed break up with Seju.

I love it when Sungji is pushed to do things she is not used to do, taking her out of her angelic perfect ideal world and face some darker deeper feelings.. from feeling betrayal then having sex with a girl whom she just got cheated on, hiding information, enjoying humiliating her boss as a payback.. what a way to make a character grow other than taking them out of their comfortable perfect shell.

Seju on the other hand, is at peace with the fact that she loves Sumin dearly, she knows how she feels.. moving on, not on sight.. and will always be waiting for Sumin. (as great and complex as Seju character design is, she is actually the most consistent one when it comes to emotional growth).. she is already in touch with her darkest human nature from chapter 1.. and well aware of her feelings.

so now, a change in Seju is not as necessary as showing a more refine growth in Sumin and Sungji, character and relationship wises

another point:
one chapter ago, we felt the role of Sungji was diminishing, previous chapter we felt Seju role is nothing but some angst.. it really depends on who appears in each chapter.. but none the less, all of them have changed.. and if one outstanding the other, it's normal since chapters are short anyways.

last edited at Apr 29, 2017 1:57PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.