ForumWhat Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Mar 4, 2017

If Seju is not gonna let go of Sumin even until the very end of the story, my imagination would be that she will never lose.

She has already lost. And if she doesn't let go, it's a double loss. It feels like she becomes Sumin's dog. I know she feels like she has no one, but she got to realize she deserves better.

No, not yet. Her life has been like that since 10 years ago. If she lets go of Sumin now, then every thing she's done for Sumin as well as her 10 years of waiting for Sumin would all turn in vain. Nami told her that she was like Sumin's dog long time ago, it's not new. She feels like she has no one cuz she actually doesn't have anyone. Does she neccessarily need to let go of the one she love in order for her to realize that she deserves better? What if after letting go of Sumin, she realizes nothing? What if she doesn't fall in love with anyone after that?

She has one devoted brother. Devoted to the point in which he scarred someone she loved most for the rest of her life which was a mistake that made getting this love back impossible.

Screen%20shot%202017-05-31%20at%2004.59.35
joined Feb 4, 2017

On page 8, 2nd block.It was Sumin or Sungji said:"Even though I don' t want to trust her, I do."?
Can anybody tell me,pls.Thnks!

Sungji said it, however, the translation is weird in that line biz it contradicts with what she said in the above panel.. the German translation will be out soon and they may give another translation.. I will post it by then.

Rsz_00kk
joined Dec 9, 2014

No, not yet. Her life has been like that since 10 years ago. If she lets go of Sumin now, then every thing she's done for Sumin as well as her 10 years of waiting for Sumin would all turn in vain. Nami told her that she was like Sumin's dog long time ago, it's not new. She feels like she has no one cuz she actually doesn't have anyone. Does she neccessarily need to let go of the one she love in order for her to realize that she deserves better? What if after letting go of Sumin, she realizes nothing? What if she doesn't fall in love with anyone after that?

It's not about whether all these years will go to waste. I see it on the opposite side of the spectrum, that the longer she holds on to Sumin, the more she loses. She won't get Sumin back, they both know it. She just stays in that situation with the hope, bur the reality is different. She just tries to avoid the inevitable for as long as possible. At least if she moves on from Sumin on her own, she still has her integrity left, versus when Sumin will decide to call it ends for good.

If she never finds anyone like Sumin, she still has nothing to lose. Because Sumin won't go back to her anyway. If she never falls in love again, that's ok too. She can find other stuff to do with her life instead of putting all of her worth in falling in love with a certain person.
That's why in situations like this, therapists say that the person should get an interest to themselves and do stuff for them. Because these type of relationships are codependent, meaning the person can't function without their partner, which is unhealthy.
And I do believe that if she actively decides to move on from Sumin, eventually she will be able to like someone else. Maybe that will even take her years, but it's possible.

I just think it's wiser to know when to quit, instead of pushing until the very end.

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 4:55PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
we remember that she already stayed the 10 years when she was not even sure how Sumin feels about her - Sumin calls what they have a sex thing in ch50- it is highly unlikely she would give up now that Sumin told her that she loves her..
the timing also plays a viral part, all the shit going on in her life, she would not start from scratch with someone new.. even a friendship is hard because of her personality and current state.
again, ch27.. she promised to be waiting for Sumin till the day she dies (unlike Sumin, she takes her promises seriously I guess )

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 5:20PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

All three characters need therapy. Talking to friends is fine but there is always a bias.

I heard from somewhere else that how Sumin & Seju met will in extra chapters rather than coming up in the main story.

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 5:24PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

She won't get Sumin back, they both know it.

Their relationship can never turn back into a healthy one, but Seju doesn't mind it being toxic, which sure is possible. All it needs is just for Sumin to break up with her girl again.

"If you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

joined Feb 4, 2017

All three characters need therapy. Talking to friends is fine but there is always a bias.

I heard from somewhere else that how Sumin & Seju met will in extra chapters rather than coming up in the main story.

if you have any other information on what they said in the podcast, please post it :D

joined Mar 21, 2017

"I heard it’s going to end on June 2017. Then Team Gaji will be on a short hiatus. They’ll produce extra chapters after their short break, mostly about the start of Sumin and Seju’s love story and stories about the other characters."

Pretty much all they said. Wouldn't take it as gospel though.

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
thanks a lot :D

joined Mar 21, 2017

^
thanks a lot :D

No worries.

Also according to /U/ this rough translation has a couple of mistakes that change the conversation a bit.

Anyway that's all from me for now, i'll leave the analyses to you guys, have fun : )

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 6:58PM

joined Feb 13, 2017

On page 8, 2nd block.It was Sumin or Sungji said:"Even though I don' t want to trust her, I do."?

Sungji said it, however, the translation is weird in that line biz it contradicts with what she said in the above panel.. the German translation will be out soon and they may give another translation.. I will post it by then.

Thank you very much:)))))

joined Mar 21, 2017

Thank you very much:)))))

One of the mistranslations i was talking about.

Something along the lines of

Sumin: and you can trust me?

Sungji: even though i don't want to trust you i do

joined Feb 4, 2017

One of the mistranslations i was talking about.

Something along the lines of

Sumin: and you can trust me?

Sungji: even though i don't want to trust you i do

ah, that makes a lot more sense now.. Thank you

joined Mar 5, 2017

Based on Seju's character alone and knowing that sumin loves her, she wouldn't give up. But since it's gonna end soon, tg and lots of fans might want a good ending for her too (me included). But then again, if she holds on until the very end, (well, i want a sequel) :p xD

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 11:49PM

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Based on what has been going in wdtfs and there are only 9 chaps left but Seju is still stuck with the main couple, I personally think there is high chance that Seju's ending would be back away from the main couple, give them her blessings and leave :). This honestly is not the ending I will feel satisfied for Seju, she's now nowhere near healing phase or get her own happiness but since she's just a third character who supports main couple's story, we shouldn't have hoped too much for her, we might disappoint in the end.

joined Feb 4, 2017

I joined a Facebook group that says very clearly: they are not intrested in ship wars but focus on the Story! (How cool, right!)

DAMN.. I thought the story was directed to Adults.. but I saw there some serious issues and yeah there was no wars bcz they just blindly hate Seju (and the so called "real lesbians") and almost sending Sungji marriage proposals hehehehe... cracked me up, almost looked like high school kind of commentary

last edited at Apr 10, 2017 7:30AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Hahahahaha xD

joined Aug 29, 2015

Seju is still with the main couple because WDTFS is a love triangle/healing story. imo it is actually good that the three main characters are finally interacting instead of separating them all throughout the series. besides, if Seju won't get involved with the main couple then there will be no more relevant plot to continue this manhwa and its not like Team Gaji can dedicate the third arc solely on Seju. I mean, how I wish but its not going to happen.

and Seju always have her signature poker face. for a person who live her entire life being ridicule for her existence, I'm sure anyone will develop their own coping mechanism. in theory lol I don't think Seju doesn't care about her safety. she is just not the type to force her needs and wants to anyone else. even when Sumin and her broke up. she didn't pester Sumin to come back to her instead she locked herself in her room. she just keeps everything to herself and it is a good sign that she finally found the strength to fought back her brother. I think a little more push and she can let go of Sumin without anymore regret. seriously its pathetic to see Seju picking up the pieces and be contented with what's left of Sumin's love for her. Seju is like a loyal servant to Sumin. no matter how badly her master treat her. she will always remained by her side lol

last edited at Apr 10, 2017 8:03AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

I joined a Facebook group that says very clearly: they are not intrested in ship wars but focus on the Story! (How cool, right!)

DAMN.. I thought the story was directed to Adults.. but I saw there some serious issues and yeah there was no wars bcz they just blindly hate Seju (and the so called "real lesbians") and almost sending Sungji marriage proposals hehehehe... cracked me up, almost looked like high school kind of commentary

I think most Seju fans like her a lot because of how she is the most well-written character with the most intriguing back story in WDTFS. If she was the typical crazy ex-gf, almost nobody will like her and she has too much redeeming qualities for a villain. imo Seju is a anti-villain character.

Sungji is likeable but she's too bland to get me invested in her character while I have love/hate tendency with Sumin. I didn't like that there's little doubt or resistance with the main couple's feelings for each other and there's more build up to their steamy scenes than adding more angles or plot to test the strength of their relationship. there's just little to look forward with the main couple story but they did great as a fan service couple. so I will give them that.

joined Feb 13, 2017

Seju is still with the main couple because WDTFS is a love triangle/healing story. imo it is actually good that the three main characters are finally interacting instead of separating them all throughout the series. besides, if Seju won't get involved with the main couple then there will be no more relevant plot to continue this manhwa and its not like Team Gaji can dedicate the third arc solely on Seju. I mean, how I wish but its not going to happen.

and Seju always have her signature poker face. for a person who live her entire life being ridicule for her existence, I'm sure anyone will develop their own coping mechanism. in theory lol I don't think Seju doesn't care about her safety. she is just not the type to force her needs and wants to anyone else. even when Sumin and her broke up. she didn't pester Sumin to come back to her instead she locked herself in her room. she just keeps everything to herself and it is a good sign that she finally found the strength to fought back her brother. I think a little more push and she can let go of Sumin without anymore regret. seriously its pathetic to see Seju picking up the pieces and be contented with what's left of Sumin's love for her. Seju is like a loyal servant to Sumin. no matter how badly her master treat her. she will always remained by her side lol

I just wanna beat my head off while thinking about Seju like that. It's freaking hurt!

joined Mar 4, 2017

I think most Seju fans like her a lot because of how she is the most well-written character with the most intriguing back story in WDTFS. If she was the typical crazy ex-gf, almost nobody will like her and she has too much redeeming qualities for a villain. imo Seju is a anti-villain character.

I'd agree if she had such backstory tbh. We've got more of Sumin's story than Seju's and Sumin's seems to be more interesting. Seju is another girl from rich family with serious problems... which happens pretty often.

Sungji is likeable but she's too bland to get me invested in her character while I have love/hate tendency with Sumin. I didn't like that there's little doubt or resistance with the main couple's feelings for each other and there's more build up to their steamy scenes than adding more angles or plot to test the strength of their relationship. there's just little to look forward with the main couple story but they did great as a fan service couple. so I will give them that.

Bland? Nope. She's young and yet able to stand against her boss when it comes to her own life an happiness. She's stubborn, but also compassionate. She knows what she wants, but she's not getting it by manipulations and toxic behaviour.

Sumin is simply unlucky. First she's lost her parents. Then her love. Then she got scarred by ex's bro because he wanted to curse her for the rest of her life. Then she enters toxic relationship of always coming back to Seju, broken and vulnerable, with Seju constantly wanting to make her hate her more and more every time. Then there's Sungji who wakes the old Sumin up, makes Sumin want to feel good once again in its pure form. So Seju does everything to first pair them, then break them, because this time it'd be the last nail to Sumin's coffin thanks to a powerful bond she shares with Sungji - last time she had it was over 10 years ago with no other but Seju herself. Thankfully, Sungji isn't Seju or even Sumin and forgave her. If she didn't, I'm almost sure Sumin would've commited a suicide at some point.

joined Apr 28, 2016

Seju is built to be hated, not suprised if there is debate about Seju =))))). But I agree that there is nothing special about Sungji to intrigue me =))))). She's nice, all around perfect girl anddddd alwayssssss on her best behavior in every moment =)))))), too perfect for my liking but isn't that how every typical protagonist is in their story =))))))? So I wont complain but she hardly gets me want to read more about her :).
Sumin is built to be the most pitiful among the three to get to readers' heart and her stories are supposed to be the beginning of everything. Would be normal if it will full of tragic events =))))))). If not, there would be no wdtfs =)))))))). But gradually, my liking towards her reduced alot each chap passed by, I sympathized her past but slowly, her actions make me wonder if she even deserves to get full happiness without regrets, without sadness? One thing I've noticed, the ball of decision is always in Sumin's hand in 10 years and still counting, with Seju and with Sungji, she decides everything on her own, and SejuxSungji let her decide. back to Seju to emotionally torture her, leave Seju for a better life, cheating Sungji by falling to Seju's trick, back to Sungji after cheating, its all from Sumin's decisions. People tend to blindly hate Seju cause they think she's the reason why Sumin did it but forget that the whole time it's also Sumin's actions and decisions to go with everything. Seju might initiate but she never be able to force Sumin to do anything she doesn't want. This is her own will.
Lastly, Seju, you might not agree with me and that's ok but if you look at her by just a mere supporting character to the main couple, Seju is quite an interesting third party. She's not good nor she's entirely bad. She's evil but always in her miserable own way. She's pathetic and pitiful but always hold her head high and full of pride. All in all, she got me cause I don't know her, back then, I'm not sure she's good or bad and she's playing between that line alot. I like that kind of character, a character who is complicated and you never fully understand her. I didn't know I should like her or hate her and I like that. I like the feeling of wanting to find out about this girl. Maybe that's why she's steadily become my favorite. She might be just a third character but for someone who just plays the antagonist role, Seju is built too flawlessly to not notice, a perfect antagonist who you can hate with all your heart but others also could really really like her and that is a big success for just an antagonistic role. Team Gaji has built one heck of an antagonist who gets love and hate from readers and its not easy to do it at all.

last edited at Apr 10, 2017 11:47AM

Rsz_00kk
joined Dec 9, 2014

A good portion of the people who hate Seju is solely because of the fact that she slept with a man. I've seen this so much hate from these type of people last year, not only for Seju but for fans who like her character too. It's like, they preach how much they love pure characters like Sungji, yet they are the ones who are being hateful.

last edited at Apr 10, 2017 1:24PM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Just my curiosity:

For lesbians, how much/what is the difference between cheating with a man and cheating with a woman?

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Just my curiosity:

For lesbians, how much/what is the difference between cheating with a man and cheating with a woman?

I doubt there is an answer. Prejudice?

To reply you must either login or sign up.