Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Apr 27, 2016

Seem like most of us already believe that SungjixSumin is endgame while Seju's fate is probably an open ending after backing away from Sumin? Is there anyone here think otherwise?

joined Feb 13, 2017

nguyen_510
I want to, but I would rather keep it in my mind. Like someone said, we might dissapointed if we add too high hope. So, let's wait and see at the end of the story.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Has anyone ever questioned all the flashback scenes in arc 3? I mean, they were really out of the place. Back in arc 1 and 2, all the flashbacks has related to what is happening at the present somehow but in arc 3, all flashbacks are so unrelated, especially the flashback which showed how insecure Seju was and the promise Sumin has said, her sweet words. I cant find the connection to the current events no matter how many times I read it @@

joined Mar 5, 2017

I think that one was a little bit related to when Sungji was afraid to sleep, she was worried sumin wont be there when she wakes up.(after the sex) Then sumin reassured/promised her she won't be going anywhere. First part of ch 71. Then first part of ch 72 for sejuxsumin

last edited at Apr 12, 2017 2:09PM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

^
I agree with roamsl about the same flashback.
and I agree that in general, whenever Sumin and Seju interact, you could easily sense their emotion and their deep connection in many levels, even at the beginning with the sex scene in ch2.. the conversation they had in ch74.. these connections are deep in both, flashbacks and in the present.
I keep saying that I would love to see a justified ending, if Sumin and Sung would continue together, I would love to see their connection gets deeper instead of Sumin being in relationship with Sungji but emotionally trapped with Seju.. that would lead the story to no where new given Sumin's history

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

If that flashback was indeed triggered by Sungji's words in Sumin's mind then there is really a problem about Sumin, I think because I really thought she has gone pass the phase where she's still haunted by her memories with Seju like in arc 1 and 2 but here she was, still trapped in Seju's memories whenever she's with Sungji. This is no different than arc 1 and 2 @@. Ok, this is confusing, Sumin is confusing @@. Her words clearly make me feel like Seju has mean nothing to her now though @______#

joined Mar 21, 2017

Ch 72's starting flashback could be related to the end of ch 71 when Seju is looking for Sumin but she is no longer there.

last edited at Apr 12, 2017 10:44PM

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

I also have a question. Any theories on why Seju is letting Sumin decide everything without objections in arc 3? Note that at the beginning of arc 3, Seju has said she would fight to get Sumin back. The latest chap clearly shows that Seju is completely giving in to every request from Sumin?

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Might not fit your analyses but ch 72's starting flashback could be related to the end of ch 71 when Seju is looking for Sumin but she is no longer there.

Yes, I agree with you. I believe all the flashbacks in arc 3 are from Seju's mind, not Sumin's. That's why those flashbacks show the vulnerable and insecure side of Seju, because they're from Seju and her inner fear. These flashbacks are different from those from arc 1 and 2, they show Seju's feelings so I personally believe they're from Seju.

joined Jun 6, 2016

looks like the tie between you can't easily cut - sungji

I think in the next 8 chapters we got to see whether sumin really has moved on... and the love to sungji beat her love to seju. (Or vice versa)

I think sumin still confused as hell... The way she pampered sungji is perhaps because of her guilt... About her cheating ... And she always feels guilty toward sungji since the beginning....

It's like she already know that she like someone else (seju) but don't want to admit it, she used sungji approach to forget about seju. And who won't fall with beautiful girl like sungji? Wih sungji and sumin relationship... Sumin feels she is the one who "made it bad" and put anything "wrong" to her own blame. That's why she is always kind to sungji to redeem herself.

with seju's life in danger now...
We can see sumin try to defend seju position a bit... She was the one who persuade sungji to give room for seju.... In other hand seju jokingly provoke sungji. It's like she knows she will lose in the end... So... She doesn't give a shit anymore.

I think seju enjoy a bit how sumin try to stand up and speak for her... In her argument with sungji.

I don't know... But if sumin has completely moved on... I don't see a problem for her to rent a room for seju safety... At least seju is sumin closest friend. And no need to put "always wear clothes" as one of the rule.

About the flashback.. I see it as how author show to reader that promises can be broken... Either sumin's promise to seju or .....sumin's promise to sungji

But yeah... Most likely the end pair is sungji and sumin

last edited at Apr 12, 2017 10:49PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Might not fit your analyses but ch 72's starting flashback could be related to the end of ch 71 when Seju is looking for Sumin but she is no longer there.

Yes, I agree with you. I believe all the flashbacks in arc 3 are from Seju's mind, not Sumin's. That's why those flashbacks show the vulnerable and insecure side of Seju, because they're from Seju and her inner fear. These flashbacks are different from those from arc 1 and 2, they show Seju's feelings so I personally believe they're from Seju.

I should point out that as far as i am aware flashbacks don't have to be from a POV, they can be third person.

"a device in the narrative of a motion picture, novel, etc., by which an event or scene taking place before the present time in the narrative is inserted into the chronological structure of the work."

last edited at Apr 13, 2017 12:23AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Goodness!!! Team gaji is gonna tease all the fans till the end???

joined Feb 4, 2017

From the pics online, it seems that Sumin is back to dancing on both ships now !

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Huh? I thought Sumin directly rejected Seju's teasing and told her to stop provoking her @@, and she's all happy, contented with Sungji? Cause she officially stop being team leader? That's what I understand, correct me if I'm wrong. There is no playing with both ships, there is only one ship in this chap and that's teamblonde

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

But God, I love Seju's smile in this chap, it's so bright that I wish so hard that we could see more but we can't :(

last edited at Apr 18, 2017 10:01AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Is that realistic, sitting on someone to tie their bathrobe? -.-

joined Mar 5, 2017

Nope! Definitely not! I dont know but I'm glad seju never made a move. But The way she looks at Seju? Ahh

last edited at Apr 18, 2017 10:30AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

The realistic way is to tell that person to tie their robe, not sit on them and tie it.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I take my words back, I think I'm wrong about the situation, it's not like what I think. After spending time with dictionary, I think I need the real translation, Seju is weird.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Heheheh, well as far as I understood, Seju is teasing and Sumin has already crossed so many lines

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Heheheh, well as far as I understood, Seju is teasing and Sumin has already crossed so many lines

Yeah, but dont you feel Seju strange? She's teasing Sumin to no end but I get the feeling that there is sth behind this but I desparately need translation :((. The scene in the bathroom bothers me alot. Seju's facial expression. Ok, I'll patiently wait for translation before I say sth again

last edited at Apr 18, 2017 12:07PM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Clearly, seju was teasing sumin so much, "open sesame" i laughed hard too.. i am not sure if sumin is really not affected by seju at all like she said. So i guess this chapter is for team blonde! Always have anyway!

last edited at Apr 18, 2017 2:45PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

I was reading the official translation of Ch 77, during Sungji/Sumin bed talk
Sungji: I don't trust Ms.Baek
Sumin: but you trust me?
Sungji: I dont want to, but I end up trusting you.
The convo goes ..
Then Sumin says: it might even be my fault that Seju doesnot have anyone else to rely on.

I thought these lines are important and were mistranslated.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Seju's comment on how Sumin was in ch8 is just so refreshing ..
I am glad to see her toying Sumin a bit.
Also glad to see Sungji expressing her anger and not hide everything under the rug as she normally do .
I wonder tho why Sungji cares about the new Team Leader's gender!

last edited at Apr 18, 2017 3:19PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I think I like it more if Sumin said "I don't want to trust her, but I end up trusting her." I really don't get how that could be the case for Sungji.

To reply you must either login or sign up.