Forum › Posts by arronnguyen510

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Might not fit your analyses but ch 72's starting flashback could be related to the end of ch 71 when Seju is looking for Sumin but she is no longer there.

Yes, I agree with you. I believe all the flashbacks in arc 3 are from Seju's mind, not Sumin's. That's why those flashbacks show the vulnerable and insecure side of Seju, because they're from Seju and her inner fear. These flashbacks are different from those from arc 1 and 2, they show Seju's feelings so I personally believe they're from Seju.

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

I also have a question. Any theories on why Seju is letting Sumin decide everything without objections in arc 3? Note that at the beginning of arc 3, Seju has said she would fight to get Sumin back. The latest chap clearly shows that Seju is completely giving in to every request from Sumin?

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Based on what has been going in wdtfs and there are only 9 chaps left but Seju is still stuck with the main couple, I personally think there is high chance that Seju's ending would be back away from the main couple, give them her blessings and leave :). This honestly is not the ending I will feel satisfied for Seju, she's now nowhere near healing phase or get her own happiness but since she's just a third character who supports main couple's story, we shouldn't have hoped too much for her, we might disappoint in the end.

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Imo, I personally think Seju is acting weirder than she has ever been. - -

• She seems not to care about whether she could stay at the house or not. It's proven by in the last chap, Sumin already said if Sungji doesnt allow her to stay, she has to leave (the last panel before Sungji appeared), she knew she should be on Sungji's good side to be able to stay but instead of behaving, she provoked Sungji and teased Sumin right in front of Sungji in a very obvious way, and then the morning after her first night there, she says she has to leave eventually anyway, and the last rule Sumin says about her leaving, she agrees immediately without hesitation. It's as if she doesnt want to stay there and actually try to make Sungji want her to leave. Even her words in the last chapter, which were cut off because Sungji appeared, she said this "If it can't be helped.....", I have strong feeling she's gonna say she wants to leave. All in all, this chap makes me feel Seju doesn't want to stay there, she wants to leave. This is not sth we expected from Seju, really. For someone who wants to hold on to Sumin tightly like Seju, I thought she would be thrilled to be there and hold on to Sumin, but nope, she's prepared to leave in any moment and kinda very very apathetic about living in the house.

• How Seju wakes up in the next morning is weird, too. Sweat or tear, we dont know, but no one in their right mind could have sweat or tear right after they wake up. And the way she turns her head when there is a knock on the door, she seems to be startled and scared :).

I believe there is sth going on in Seju, she's not how she's been appearing and I dont think it's a good thing :)

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Remember the flashback where Sumin promised to be Seju's family? And now this? It seems like Sumin has a lot of broken promises with Seju now, to make it worse, they are Promises that are very very important for a miserable kid like Seju But why giving those past scenes? It makes me feel no tolerance towards Sumin, which I don't like. She was the one who draw me into this manhwa but she's steadily become a character I hate :((. Of all the past scenes, why shows this? Sth makes Sumin look bad and Seju looks even more vulnerable. What's the purpose?
She is the one who said she would be her family but she's also the one who turned her back on her first
She is the one who said she'll love her forever but she's also the one who moves on first
Wow, if this is a sappy love drama, Seju's fate is so effing sad

last edited at Feb 8, 2017 11:19AM

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

I start questioning the purpose of all the past scenes in arc 3 now. It's no longer Sumin's flashbacks or Seju's flashbacks like arc 2 and it's quite out of nowhere. I don't get the meaning of these past scenes, especially in this chapter. Why giving these things and why is it about Seju's doubts about eternal love?
As we predicted, teamblonde now is full of fluff and cheese :). I'm quite expecting the next chap for Seju to meet both of them at the office. Quite sure this scene is going to happen. Not sure how it will end :))))), but definitely not gonna end well for Seju :)))))

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

To be bluntly honest, I check one of the authors's twitter in team Gaji who happens to be team gaji's art artist, she/he shows a great love towards Sungji/teamblonde. I believe Sungji is this author's favourite so I would be very very surprised if teamblonde is not endgame.

last edited at Feb 5, 2017 12:13AM

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Nora89
If Sungji is THAT manipulated and foxy then I don't know how this is a healing story? Like, in your way, right now, instead of being sincere, Sungji's mind has half of revenge and half of manipulation? So SungjixSumin's love is kinda shallow, tbh. And that would make the story goes down hill more cause how the healing would really go? If Sumin realizes the real Sungji as you imagine, she would go crazy, instead of being healed, literally, cause she's genuinely happy at the moment. I think you are analysing too much in the story.

Honestly, the authors never stated that this was a healing story..

we don't know yet, still so many stories can be told in 19 chapters, I highly doubt that Sumin and Seju thing is done .

Team Gaji said that Seju is their favourite somewhere in the Ask.fm.. loving a character does not necessarily imply anything about ur personal life.. it could mean that u love how well you worked on that one heheheh

Uhm, the introduction of the story clearly stated it's a healing story with surprised twist. Oh? They have ask.fm? Do you have link or anything that could help me read their q&a? Do I need translation?

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Nora89
If Sungji is THAT manipulated and foxy then I don't know how this is a healing story? Like, in your way, right now, instead of being sincere, Sungji's mind has half of revenge and half of manipulation? So SungjixSumin's love is kinda shallow, tbh. And that would make the story goes down hill more cause how the healing would really go? If Sumin realizes the real Sungji as you imagine, she would go crazy, instead of being healed, literally, cause she's genuinely happy at the moment. I think you are analysing too much in the story.

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

When I reread that chapter, I think Sumin's actions were not too questionable though. She realized she still has feelings for Seju, she will have 2 choices: come back to Seju and hurt Sungji in process or cut off her sick relationship with Seju and keep Sungji safe from pain. Apparently, she chose the latter, and I think it's the right choice for her, Seju is her past and in order to be happy again, she need to cut it off . It's selfish of her but it has to be done, at least, she had the courage to admit it in front of Seju, which is why I didn't hate her that much back then, she's selfish to Seju but aren't all humans are selfish for their own happiness?
However, Sumin's actions in arc 3 are sth I'm trying very very hard to tolerate. Her mind is full of Sungji so fast and forgot Seju's existence faster than a blink of an eye. Sure that she feels guilty towards Sungji but Seju's creepy brother has warned her about Seju's safety, the least she could do is show some concerns which I haven't seen yet, all of Sumin's scenes are about Sungji and how she missed her. Tbh, from the beginning of arc 3 till now, I find SuminxSeju's relationship is totally one-sided(arc 2 and 1, we still see Sumin's sides towards Seju). This is quite hard to understand since the end of arc 2, it just showed that Sumin loved both of them, not just Sungji and the story's current progress is pretty bad in showing Sumin's love for Seju or whatever it left in Sumin for Seju. The attitude Sumin is giving to Seju in arc 3 makes me wonder how the heck Seju can put up for 10 years and still call her name in misery? Just move on and go have sex with random girl already xD. Sumin doesn't worth it
Oh, and btw, when did teamgaji say Seju is their favourite character? I thought it's Sungji, considering how noble and perfect they build Sungji. And if this is how you build your favourite character, then I really want to ask how miserable teamgaji's real life is xD because Seju is the only character who hasn't had any happiness yet and God knows when she gets one xD

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

I agree, the story is coming to an end and I welcome whoever could end up with Seju, a man, a woman in her 70s or a mere high school kid she meets on her way to the company!!! But honestly, I doubt the author will give her one
This story has stopped making any sense the day Sungji threw herself to Sumin to me but if Sumin really discards Seju just like that without ever looking back once, I have no more words to say =)))). People has kept saying Seju is the selfish bitch but Sumin is actually the most selfish of them all. Lbr, if that's the case, her " I'm afraid she could kill herself because of hard life" is just an excuse for her to come back to Seju till Sungji comes along =))))). So I do hope this is not a plot hole because I find it hard to accept a happy perfect ending for a jerk like Sumin with Sungji :). I'm trying my very best to understand Sumin's pov to not throw anything to that girl and seeing her happily have sex with the girl she loves so please let it not be the case, cause right now, not like the 10 years of so-called fearing Seju killing herself, this is the moment Seju near her death bed the most, where her brothers want to get rid of her for the inheritance so at least Sumin, just...care about it a little bit, not even love here, just care for her well-being a little tiny teeny bit, for the sake of the admirable love Seju gives her for 20 years, for the sake of her calling Sumin's name in lonliness in habit while she's peacefully sleeping with her lover

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

One more thing that I hope to be explained/resolved: the sudden change of attitude of Sumin towards Seju. Surely, Sumin wants to cut Seju off but the thing is Sumin knows Seju is in a very dangerous situation but instead of at least care about it, in the chapter where she talked with Seju's creepy brother, Sumin sounded angry when he talked about how Seju might be killed, she didn't seem worried or panic. For the next few chaps, she didn't even bother to warn or show concerns towards Seju, all she cares is Sungji. This is quite weird, considering she has been talking about coming back to Seju for the past 10 years because she was afraid of Seju killing herself, and she just confessed she still loves Seju =)))))). Either this is a plot hole or the author is hiding sth to make things more interesting

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Anyway, I'm not sure about other platforms but when I checked around twitter, it seems the author has succeeded big time in getting pitiness for Seju from teamblonde's fans and also quite surprised with the love Seju gets from other readers. I know Seju is loved by readers but here probably has the most readers who care for Seju's fate, others just want their ship and bitching about Seju so I'm quite surprised when I checked twitter. Seju is now really the character the author shouldnt mess up with her ending after digging hard on people's pitiness like this.
Btw, some predicted that the last scene has triggered the bomb in Seju, she might do sth bad to the main couple after that :).

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 10:13PM

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

If only Sungji's brother were single. lol

Jk, no worry, the new team leader they have been mentioning for a while now is a hot, cool and collected woman who will appear to be someone that has been in love with Seju since long time ago.

What hair color would she probably have? xD Green hair is the trend these days xD. Wow, just imagine they go out together, green hair and pink hair :))), probably the most reconizable couple in town =))))))

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Actually, since SuminxSungji is already set, I started to think an ending with Seju dying is honestly not bad for Seju, because, Seju's loneliness through her whole life was emphasized alot in the story so I personally don't think getting all the money and then go away to some foreign country is a good ending for Seju. She doesn't give a damn about money and going away doesn't cure her loneliness, even when Sumin and her has sorted their problem out, she's still all alone in this world and worse, she could feel lonelier in a foreign country, honestly, that ending is just perfect for....teamblonde, they're free from Seju and Sumin will be free from any responsibilities about Seju. Tbh, to me, a healing ending for Seju should be she finally has someone who is there for her, no matter it's Sumin or someone else, not just solving the problem between her and Sumin but I don't think the author has capable of giving Seju that with only 20 chaps left and her obsession with Sumin is still going strong without any sign of falling in love with someone else so I think killing her off and free her from the messy and lonely life she has been having is not bad, considering Sumin has madly loved Sungji, Seju's death might make her feel regret but it won't break teamblonde, they're still together with a little bit of guilt Sumin will have for quite a long time, I think it's acceptable, considering Sumin has been quite selfish and unfair towards Seju for 10 years

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 1:26PM

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Instead of having Seju do something to Sumin and Sungji, I think it's more possible that something bad will happen to her.

Since this is Sungji arc, the story will have to develop around Sungji not Seju. If something bad happens to Seju, the story will have to focus on her, and Sumin x Sungji will become irrelevant which I think is not gonna happen.

I dont consider 2nd arc is Seju's arc. Tbh, 2nd arc was more like the development in SuminxSungji's relationship, how it began and how it was ruined, 2nd arc ending marks the end of teamblongde relationship, 1st arc was to introduce character as well as the dynamic between 3 characters, I personally don't believe in the whole each arc is about 1 character.
Plus, no matter wat happen to Seju, good or bad, SuminxSungji would never become irrelevant, I think. With the pace of this story and the frequence of Seju's appearance, "sth happen to Seju" (if there is) would be in more like 10 chapters more with a lot of SuminxSungji interactions in between. Just look at Seju's father, he has been sick and nearly dead since chap 40 something but he still hasnt dead yet. There might not be a lot of space to develop SuminxSungji anymore but it doesn't mean they become irrevelant, even when with 20 chaps left, we see more of Seju but when we read all the story from beginning till the end, SuminxSungji's relationship will still stand out the most for most readers.

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Btw, for someone who grew up like that, Seju is quite a level-headed girl in this chap. She doesn't blind by money or hatred towards her brothers. She's wise , calm, collective and clever, which is kinda weird for her to be a psycho ex again

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

There arent enough chapters for some serious drama going between Sumin and Sungji, I think, to break them up or sth like that. Since they're meant to be, for the 20 chapters left, there might or might not have some kind of Seju-related problems for the couple to solve or maybe some minor fights to overcome and that's it. I just hope Seju won't become the psycho ex-gf again, just like the end of 2nd arc.
As for Seju, suicide attempts seems not really gonna happen. She is fighting back against her family and if she dies, that's what her family wants and Seju knows it, I doubt she would do it, at least not now, when her father is still here. But it seems the author doesn't want to make the whole Sumin obsession go away just yet, which makes me wonder what kind of ending is there for Seju? Worst case, she will go crazy and attempt to ruin SuminxSungji again then fail and then what, idk anymore, lonely Seju for the rest of her life becuz of all the mistakes she makes? Sound unfair. Other cases would be sth bad is gonna happen to her. In short, I haven't figured out a happy ending for Seju when this Sumin obsession is still going, everything I could think of all have Seju suffering or turn psycho. Is my hope for new character for her still valid? If there is none, I really doubt a good ending for Seju to happen

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Damnnnn, Seju's side stories are getting serioussss :)))). I'll just stop caring about the plot now becuz Seju is supet badass and sexy and hot in this chapter :)))) and hell, just enjoy the drawing to the max
Anyway, the author has once again succeeded in making me feel sad for Seju :)))))). I sincerely, desperately hope she would have happy ending :)))))), watever twists, watever crazy plot, just please at least give her some comfort, some happiness

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

If Team Gaji couldn't come up with a better way to develop Sumin and Sungji, why didn't they just show how bad women all of those Sumin's exes were? The story about her having failed to move on for 10 years is greatly exaggerated. Healing wtf. Her wound isn't even real.

why do they have to write out the insignificant exes? they only have like a couple of panels a release! lol.
and not moving on is Sumin and Seju's fault, for always being together, by having this weird friends with benefits relationship when there's actual feelings involved. If they like separated as soon as they broke up, probably they'd move on.
as for sumin and sungji, what do you mean better way to develop?

You don't understand her point. Sungji hasn't stood out as the special one who is better than all of her exes, maybe showing how bad they were could help.
Yes, not moving on is their fault but 10 years? And then, bam, just a not so special girl, who has nothing too special compare to all her exes but Sumin has jumped to forget completely about Seju. If this is all what Sumin needs to forget about Seju and stop stringing her along then 10 years is effing exaggarated, I can't believe in 10 years long, there were nooooooo one better than Sungji coming into Sumin's life, a girl like Sungji is like a dim a dozen. I totally agree with her about this.
About better development, how about Sungji stop acting like a horny teenager that's head over heels some girl? Lbr, 2 most recent chapters, there could be thoundsands of ways to make these 2 chaps better.

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

WDTFS is a product. so, like or not, readers will review every chapter. if there are people who agrees. then, there will be people who will also disagree.

I don't know, how can this be the most compelling manhwa ever to you. but to me, this manhwa, has mediocre storytelling. I really have a problem with the main couple. especially with Sungji. because instead of making the readers, see the story in her point of view. we have to read between the lines of her every action. she's the freaking protagonist and we still haven't figure her out yet. even though, we're already in chapter 70.

there's a lot of inconsistency on every characters actions that you could make a list out of it. well, this manhwa's main appeal is the NSFW scenes and not the story. it's evident with the way, most of the readers react to every "fap chapter" I'm not nitpicking, I just can't help it but question, the characters behavior/actions cause imo, the flow of the story is just really sh*t right now. but I think i'll still buy the paper/digital WDTFS. I'll just wait till this manhwa ends.

yes, i agree, it is something that people will review, and have strong opinions on. because it is compelling enough. Not the best, but more so than most, for sure.
but then again, it's all about opinion and i suppose expectations. I never expected this to be a manga with a really deep story. Having said that, I will commend the author for writing up that intense Seju backstory. It really helped us understand all the hate that Sumin has been throwing at her, and all the things Seju is willing to endure just to get Sumin back. She's not only feeling guilty about cheating, she's also feeling guilty about what that Asshole brother of hers did. (Imagine being kidnapped, tortured and possibly raped! And that's just after your parents died and you broke up with your girlfriend.). And I suppose, Sumin is blaming her for it as well.
Again it's my opinion. i suppose the only thing i disagree on is how people are always saying that the author shouldve written this way or that. or this is how the author should write it. or this is how the character should've reacted to this particular scenario. people are not boxed up like that.

and i have not really seen a work of fiction that's always consistent. because people are inconsistent. we're whishy-washy and cant make up our minds.
i like the fact that in this manga, even if it is perfectly drawn, the characters are not perfect. They're flawed beyond measure, and that's really interesting.

also, being blinded by love is not a "catch all" explanation to every situation. it's just one possible reason why sungji forgave so quickly. again, im saying this, it could be temporary. she could be woken up from her horny self and change her mind. who knows. i dont know. noone knows but the author.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, wdtfs is a manhwa and this is a discussion thread, you can't expect people to agree all with you. You don't understand their pov just as I don't understand your pov at all. You said this a consistent story but to you " im saying this, it could be temporary. she could be woken up from her horny self and change her mind" and that's what consistence and good interesting plot means to you? Especially it came from a main protagonist? Every comic product has its flaws, just as human does, so I think it's totally normal for people to criticize it, especially when that comic really goes down hill with all the sex scenes and inconsistent actions instead of words and tbh, wdtfs has too many flaws that we have overlooked and kept reading. From the end of arc 2 till right now, I'm honestly thinking wdtfs is quite a cheap comic with too much sex, sex was used in every moment, to make up without words, to trick other person into your trap, basically it's the solution of everything, so how can I say it's a good manhwa when every single emotional moment, it could go straight to...sex, like in some emotional moment, I expect to feel moved, but I got a bunch of steamy scenes, how the heck does that convince me, a reader, to feel empathized with the main character? Isn't that what fiction does? To make people feel they understand the character, to empathize them, to find themselves in them? I don't consider this a good manhwa anymore judging from what's happening but I keep reading because I still hope it could improve. It did well at the beginning, the sex was acceptable and the story was good but now? I'm not sure but I'm quite sure, wdtfs is not that good to be one of the most interesting manhwa. It definitely one of the most well-drawn manhwa I've read, not the most interesting, the drawing is amazing XD.

last edited at Jan 24, 2017 11:52PM

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Oh, btw, when you read 2 chaps in Korean, no way they haven't made up their relationship yet :). In Sumin's eyes at this moment, there's only Sungji and just Sungji :), while Sungji seems to be worshiping Sumin, like she's a God or sth, quite give me goosebumps, even Seju isn't like that to Sumin even though Seju loves Sumin to death, literally :), it would be totally weird that if they are back to break up term after this, as for the cheating haunting Sungji, we don't know yet but if it does then jealous and insecure Sungji towards Seju or Sumin when they're at the same place is a quite bad development for a protagonist :), usually that's the antagonist's role, jealousy or petty acts. this particular chap gives me quite an unsettling feelings :), like there might have problems somewhere, in Sumin and in Sungji but let's just wait for a few more chaps :)

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

It's referring to everyone who knows Sungji I'd say. Perhaps, based on the context, "my" is a more accurate translation. But I really don't see how "our" can be replaced by "my" just because there was noone else there besides them. The author should have used a korean word which actually meant "my" instead since it's not like Korean doesn't have one.

No, in Korean languague, they usually use the word "our" as in "my" in a very endearing way :), the exact word in Korean is "woori". When you address sth or so who is special or endearing or close to you, you use "woori", woori jib = my house(our house), woori namboen = my husband(our husband), that's how Koreans address endearing things or people to them, this word doesn't use for strangers or normal friends. So in that context, Sumin is calling Sungji very endearingly, that's all, simply emphasize how Sumin sees Sungji at the moment :)

last edited at Jan 20, 2017 11:06AM

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Saw spoilers for latest chap. Save words for next chapter :).

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Nah, considering Seju and Sungji's background, Sungji's action is very judgable :). In Seju's whole life, she lacks of love and care and has alot of verbal abusing, holding on to the only person who cares, to make her feel loved is kinda understandable, not healthy and self-respect...but in her life has anyone show any respects to her? Nope, so why keep self-respect if it would make her leave the only person who at least love and respect her as she is?
Sungji is different, she grew up in her family's love and care, very peacefully and normally (unless the author throws some twists in the future). Sure, this is her first love, she easily get lost, but for a person who has alot of love from family since young and never get hurt like Sungji, she got cheated and get hurt for the first time then it should be hard for her to forgive Sumin, waayyyyy harder than Seju if Seju in the same position, not throw herself to Sumin right away like that, literally throw herself to her, for me, that's enough to judge already
I don't hate Sungji but I don't like the way the author describes Sungji at the moment. I get that she wants teamblonde to be endgame, I get that this is what most people want but no way I agree that this chap is understandable

I understand your point with Seju, for the same reason I do not judge her and her actions, she feels that Sumin was the only person who loves her.. but if I also consider the Sungji´s position I know that is not easy let her your firts love, sometimes it does not matter if you have your family or friends, this kind of love is new for her and it is normal to make mistakes when you love or fall in love with someone. (that is the point, learn about your experiences)

I hope that team Gaji could give us a good end for all the three characters, as you said a lot of people is teamblonde (as me) but I will not happy if this couple nas not a good healing.. also, it is necesary to see what will happen with Seju, she deserves a closure

Like I said, the thing that Sungji threw herself to Sumin and had a whole new level of sex with her is the reason I judge her. Up until the previous chap, I don't have that much of oppose towards Sungji's development, she's still the pure protagonist whose struggles would make readers sympathize and hate Seju. I've accepted that teamblonde are endgame since the end of arc 2, the whole arc 3 up till the previous chap was not exciting and boring but acceptable, it's drawing a very clear path for teamblonde to be together till the end and honestly till the previous chap, I was waiting for sth new from Seju since teamblonde is moving quite steadily towards the end and I have nothing to talk about them. It's just a torturing slow romance for teamblonde's fans anyway. BUT, this chapter, this particular chapter makes me feel totally off. OK, this is a fanservice chap for teamblonde, a special 69 or watever but the fact that the author overuses sex in the story is disturbing, as I was expecting they are at least going to ease themselves into relationship again, talk or being cute self again, the author throws me totally off guard with this kind of chapter, makes me wonder "So sex is everything? With Seju, it's sex. With Sungji, it's also sex. So what's different? Sumin said I love you while having sex? So comforting =))))))" and Sungji easily give herself away like that is quite disappointing. Even though running back to your ex-lover after just a few chapter is... quite anti-climatic and acceptable, but it's nowhere compare to have sex right away like that. Like I said, it makes Sungji as mediorce as Seju who has been famous for her "cheap" and complex relationship with Sumin. You can run back to your first love with dignity, especially when your first love feels super guilty towards you if you can't forget her or can not live without her. Aren't we all here right after this chap starting comparing Seju and Sungji about how much self-respect they have, not about who's better for Sumin? =))))))). This is quite low for Sungji's character, someone is built to be pure, to be angel, to be perfect till the very last chap =))))) while Seju has always been like that.

last edited at Jan 17, 2017 9:46PM