Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Was there a scene where she said she didn't need to put it on hold anymore?

Yes, before she went to Japan, she asked Seju to find a replacement for her ch62

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sungji has never asked why Sumin resignes, what she is gonna do after resigned, right? I wonder if they even talked at home.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Sungji has never asked why Sumin resignes, what she is gonna do after resigned, right? I wonder if they even talked at home.

Weirdly, Sungji thinks that Sumin resigned because the two broke up as she tells Nammi ch65.
Doesn't Sungji know that Sumin was to resign even before the cheating happened !
Sumin never rejected going to the states and the job there till now.. your question made me recall that, but then she still wants to buy the house in Korea.

last edited at Apr 19, 2017 7:29AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Why didn't she ask Sumin about that after they made up? Also, if she's found a good reason for herself to continue working there, why doesn't she ask Sumin to not resign?

last edited at Apr 19, 2017 7:33AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Btw, so far have we known to what the "Things have changed." referred?

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Btw, so far have we known to what the "Things have changed." referred?

What "things have changed"? What are you talking about? And here I still wonder about Seju's words in chap 66 or 67, the whole "nothing is going to change, nothing is gonna change. Nothing.". My question and yours seem opposite @@.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

"Things have changed" is from Sungji. I do not wonder about that "Nothing has changed" since imo everything happening right now is not new to Seju. Last year, she perhaps was dealing with Sumin's 30th gf, now it's Sumin's 31st gf, and next year, she will have to face the 32nd one. Nothing has changed indeed.

last edited at Apr 19, 2017 9:11AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

The only thing that has changed is the fact the wdtfs is about to end, so Sumin has to not go back to her again. But Seju is a character in the story, she isn't able to know that. In her opinion, she can wait for at least 20 years more, right?

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I want to point out 3 little things I noticed:
- Seju's face after Sumin closed the bathroom's door(?) (I assumed she went looking for Seju and then when she knew where she was, she immediately closed the door), her face look sad(?), the previous scene she's all sexy but right next scene, her face is very different from the previous one
- I personally think Seju has lied about her already eating dinner, Sumin said there's nothing in the fridge and the food on table left untouched. Seju can't leave the house so I guess she lied about having dinner. For what exactly? Why did she lie about this?
- Sumin's over-protectiveness. Sumin seems to be too protective towards Seju at the moment. She checks on Seju every second and the beginning of the chap makes me feel she's kinda paranoid @@. Plus the whole, driving Seju to and from work, too, bascally she doesn't let Seju out of her sight @@. A little too protective for the whole situation, as if she's very afraid sth will happen to Seju and she would disappear forever.

I also wonder this too, especially the dinner thing. Seju seems to not actually have dinner but lied about it. She's not how she's actually showing. Just what exactly is going in Seju's head right now?

joined Jun 6, 2016

Break several part, CMIIW

Realize how neatly TG divide the screen time of 3 main heroine.

Ch 14 I think sumin's feeling toward sungji grew after this, the bandage.

ch 15 new character (nami)

Ch 18 sungji admit she likes sumin

Ch 21 last sex of seju x sumin, sumin drift away from sungji --> 1st problem (blonde)

Ch 23 make up after silly struggle, sumin x sungji first kiss

Ch 24-25 lovey dovey sungji x sumin, no seju

Ch 26-27 history of sumin x seju

Ch 28-31 the start of sungji x sumin as main couple, we get seju as side story

Ch 32 2nd problem

Ch 33 short interaction of sumin x seju after long while, we get less and lesser seju from here

Ch 34-35 another make up, the ship sail stronger after. No seju at all

Ch 36 back flash of old seju x sumin

Ch 37 sumin think her pass relationships, seju is back as side story

Ch 38 seju and sumin short interaction. Sungji x sumin get more touchy

Ch 40 3rd problem... it's always sungji who feels hurt because of sumin density, another old story of seju x sungmin

Ch 41-42 another make up..... no seju at all.

Ch 43 sexy scene of sungji x sumin couple, have seju at the end (as another side story)

By now I realize how fast and easy sungji can forgive sumin in general only takes 1-2 ch and TG able to put seju on almost every chapters even as side story/flash back... it isn't necessary

------- when sungji screen time lesser

Ch 45 no sungji, flash back

Ch 46 main (sumin x sungji) + side story (seju x nami)

Ch 47-48 a little .....even no screen time for sungji

Ch 49 seju and sumin interaction after so looooong, no sungji

Ch 50 sumin acknowledges she still loves seju

Ch 51-52 cute interaction of sungji x sumin

Ch 53 sungji x seju interaction

Ch 54-56 the cheating... all 3 get evenly screen time

Done for now...

But don't you think seju is more than just side character? Her screen time surprisingly good even she isn't involved in the main story... and yeah sumin x sungji is the main couple since we get a lot problem to fix here and there.... it would drive everyone crazy if TG troll and make seju x sumin as main

last edited at Apr 19, 2017 12:07PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

"Things have changed" is from Sungji. I do not wonder about that "Nothing has changed" since imo everything happening right now is not new to Seju. Last year, she perhaps was dealing with Sumin's 30th gf, now it's Sumin's 31st gf, and next year, she will have to face the 32nd one. Nothing has changed indeed.

Nah, Sumin and Sungji are for sure the endgame here so yes, everything changed for Seju - she lost.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Nah, Sumin and Sungji are for sure the endgame here so yes, everything changed for Seju - she lost.

You're a reader, from perspective of a reader, yes, seju might probably lose to sungji long before she said those words but seju is a character in this story, she doesnt know that, or at least doesnt simply just admit defeat, she will still wait and think things wont change. Dont use your own conclusion on a character in the story. Put in her shoes and think instead. You can predict the ending or endgame couple, but dont use your prediction to judge a character's actions or words.

last edited at Apr 19, 2017 11:38AM

joined Feb 13, 2017

yoonie0104
Maybe she just doesn't want Sumin to worry about her. She also about to leave since she asked if Sumin hadn't known yet she was safe then.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Uhm, when Seju said those words, tbh, I got reminded of the scene in chap 49, when she said to Sumin she's only human, there was a line which I believe is an echo in Seju's head "no matter how many years you linger around, she will never acknowledge you", I do wonder was it the scene in chap 66 that Seju realised the truth in Nammi's words? That she realized nothing is going to change no matter how long she stays?

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie0104
Maybe she just doesn't want Sumin to worry about her. She also about to leave since she asked if Sumin hadn't known yet she was safe then.

No, the rough translation was wrong about the part where Seju talk about the last rule. This is her words: As about if I'm safe or not, I haven't known for sure yet, not how the translation is. I believe Seju would stall her leave from the house as long as possible to be with Sumin.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

You're a reader, from perspective of a reader, yes, seju might probably lose to sungji long before she said those words but seju is a character in this story, she doesnt know that, or at least doesnt simply just admit defeat, she will still wait and think things wont change. Dont use your own conclusion on a character in the story. Put in her shoes and think instead. You can predict the ending or endgame couple, but dont use your prediction to judge a character's actions or words.

Sorry, but she must be blind if she can't see how strong is Sumin's connection to Sungji. It's not like anything before. She made sure at least one of prev Sumin's relationships end up ruined, she tried to do the same with Sungji and failed. No matter how much she tries to break them apart, she can't.

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
She knew that Sumin was head over heels for Sungji at least from ch27
(I believe if a break up will happen, it will be Sungji who decides it )
But to call this couple strong.. I'm very sceptical!
I can list the chapters in which Sungji states why she liked Sumin (very funny that she asked Seju to hire a body guard that looks like Sumin) .. then we go to their disfunctional communication "or the lack of it".
If they are strong.. what does Sungji really know about Sumin ?! And does Sumin understand Sungji at all!
Now that I think about it, Seju and Nammi seem to understand Sungji waaay better than Sumin could
Vanbun

you did a hard work :D..

last edited at Apr 19, 2017 12:23PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Sorry, but she must be blind if she can't see how strong is Sumin's connection to Sungji. It's not like anything before. She made sure at least one of prev Sumin's relationships end up ruined, she tried to do the same with Sungji and failed. No matter how much she tries to break them apart, she can't.

I'm not here to change your opinion but I've said it, she refused to lose or doesnt admit it, that's why she said to herself "nothing has changed" like a mantra, just to reassure herself. And not all of Sumin's failed relationships are Seju's handy work, the lawyer, blondie, brown hair, the list goes on, it's from Sumin herself. My point is, I didnt say Seju herself doesnt know Sungji is different but knowing she is different and admit she has lost are totally two different things. If I were her and Sumin is my only anchor, I would hold on to her till my last breath and never admit losing. Plus your words are a prediction and you force her to admit defeat based on your own prediction. That's what I want to point out.
Yes, 99% that the ending couple is SungjixSumin, almost everyone believe that but it's not the end yet and there is still 1% SuminxSungji is not the couple in the end so why you force her to say she has lost when no one knows for sure that yet?

last edited at Apr 19, 2017 12:42PM

joined Mar 5, 2017

If they are strong.. what does Sungji really know about Sumin ?!

Good point! I was wondering myself. Please give me one thing about Sumin (hobbies, likes) that Sungji knows about. Is there a scene where i can see that?

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Good point! I was wondering myself. Please give me one thing about Sumin (hobbies, likes) that Sungji knows about. Is there a scene where i can see that?

I also like drama so would be funny if Sungji comes to the house and prepare sth for Sumin just to have Seju comes out and says "are you sure she doesnt hate it? Cause I think she does" =))))))))

joined Mar 5, 2017

I also like drama so would be funny if Sungji comes to the house and prepare sth for Sumin just to have Seju comes out and says "are you sure she doesnt hate it? Cause I think she does" =))))))))

That would be perfect! Imagine the look on sungji&sumin faces!

joined Feb 4, 2017

well, she knows that Sumin likes Squash from ch12.. mmhm and she was a good athlete according to what Nammi told her.. a little bit about the her parents death.. till ch 54, barely a little about Sumin's history with Seju.
that's it !

if you go around chapters to understand why Sungji likes Sumin you will only find: because she is pretty !
- ch7 as she tells her friends
- ch24 when she walks with Sumin in the park
- ch64 the care flashback
- in ch39 when Sungji's friends ask her if her love interest treats her well, she hesitated !
I try to really understand why Sungji is putting up with so much shit.

joined Feb 4, 2017

That would be perfect! Imagine the look on sungji&sumin faces!

hahahahahahaha.. cracked me up !! totally possible.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Uhm, when Seju said those words, tbh, I got reminded of the scene in chap 49, when she said to Sumin she's only human, there was a line which I believe is an echo in Seju's head "no matter how many years you linger around, she will never acknowledge you", I do wonder was it the scene in chap 66 that Seju realised the truth in Nammi's words? That she realized nothing is going to change no matter how long she stays?

From reading that line of Seju's, I got an idea that it was her self-encouragement or her self-reassurance as you said in order for her to not lose hopes after being told by Sumin that they couldn't start over again. If that line was about her realization of Nammi's words, I think what she should've been doing right now would be either her letting go of Sumin, or her putting more effort into getting Sumin back.

Sorry, but she must be blind if she can't see how strong is Sumin's connection to Sungji. It's not like anything before. She made sure at least one of prev Sumin's relationships end up ruined, she tried to do the same with Sungji and failed.

I do not think that would mean Seju is blind. It might be because her bond with Sumin is just a little way too strong for her to take this little connection between Sumin and Sungji seriously.

No matter how much she tries to break them apart, she can't.

This is a point of view from readers who now can certainly say something like that because they know who is the endgame couple. Sungji herself isn't even this confident though.

If wdtfs were not going to end soon, I don't see how Team Gaji would be able to keep on giving these interacting scenes between Seju and Sumin without ending up having to make Sumin fall in love with Seju again.

last edited at Apr 19, 2017 1:24PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

I can not believe that this manhwa could end without anyone slapping Sumin already.. I am not into violence, but someone needs to wake her up ASAP!

To reply you must either login or sign up.