Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alextasha

Nevri - nawet nie wiedziałam, że jesteś z Polski :D

Wspomniałam o tym w tym wątku. Nie że oczekiwałam, że wszystko go przeczytają. Szczerze, to byłam pewna, że nie ma tu nikogo z polski XD

Soooo before you will judge something, check it closely :P

I just typed serialkon in google and went into first site that showed aka this one https://www.facebook.com/events/283355058539759/ and after scrolling most recent entries I didn't see anything implying it being multinational. Also in first entry you have this http://www.pulpozaur.pl/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/SERIALKON_PROGRAM.pdf I glimpsed through titles and didn't see any in english other than that about queer (well I see now there is one about Doctor Who as well, so I must missed it), but expect for them rest was in polish. So I did check it closely ;x

No i zapraszam na trzecią edycję w przyszłym roku :D

Jasne ;P

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kind of a downer article about feeling bad due to dead queers in stories through the lens of the Life Is Strange finale, which I gather was a gut-punch to a lot of people. I've never played it due to unavailability on my system, but I can identify all the same. I think we can all recall instances of the trope being used, none of them especially good.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I just typed serialkon in google and went into first site that showed aka this one https://www.facebook.com/events/283355058539759/ and after scrolling most recent entries I didn't see anything implying it being multinational.

Next time you should check the date :P

Picture in the background was for 2k15 because they were promoting that edition :P

And here you have link to event page from this year :P

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alextasha

Next time you should check the date :P

Tak mamo ;x

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

The "lesbian wants a baby" trope is another one I loathe. Unfortunately it's all over the place.

That's fine if they want a baby, but I really don't understand what's wrong with adoption. [...]

It may be giving the writers too much credit, but the desire of being mother being different from the one of giving birth may be involved, thus

cough in-vitro cough

Yeah, and I was saying besides insemination. Not all women want to go through birth but just want a baby/child.

Err... That's exactly what I've said, tho..?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Should I play Tales from the Borderlands or replay Borderlands 2? I don't knoooooow.

Kind of a downer article about feeling bad due to dead queers in stories through the lens of the Life Is Strange finale, which I gather was a gut-punch to a lot of people. I've never played it due to unavailability on my system, but I can identify all the same. I think we can all recall instances of the trope being used, none of them especially good.

Haven't played the game either but that was a good read, thanks.

joined Mar 25, 2013

The "lesbian wants a baby" trope is another one I loathe. Unfortunately it's all over the place.

That's fine if they want a baby, but I really don't understand what's wrong with adoption. [...]

It may be giving the writers too much credit, but the desire of being mother being different from the one of giving birth may be involved, thus

cough in-vitro cough

Yeah, and I was saying besides insemination. Not all women want to go through birth but just want a baby/child.

Yes, and I meant besides that process. Not getting pregnant but adoption. I don't understand what you're getting at. Confirming what I said or?

last edited at Nov 23, 2015 7:04PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

cough in-vitro cough

Yes, and I meant besides that process. Not getting pregnant but adoption. I don't understand what you're getting at. Confirming what I said or?

I meant that giving birth may be an important part of their motivation. And added that I may also be giving those writers too much credit with that.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Should I play Tales from the Borderlands or replay Borderlands 2? I don't knoooooow.

Play them chronoligically: Borderlands, the prequel, 2, then Tales. :D

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Already played everything but Tales, but Borderlands 2 was a while ago. The first Borderlands too but I don't have that on PC.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I meant that giving birth may be an important part of their motivation. And added that I may also be giving those writers too much credit with that.

I see, that could very well be the case then. I don't think it's giving too much credit though. Particularly if one of the writers is a woman, but yeah, typically they only do it for the sake of it. Now that I try to think of an example of a woman wanting to get pregnant (lesbian or no) I don't think I've come across one that said "I want to experience birth" or something.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Now that I try to think of an example of a woman wanting to get pregnant (lesbian or no) I don't think I've come across one that said "I want to experience birth" or something.

Desires aren't always (many times aren't) conscious ;~

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

telamon

"I want to experience birth" or something.

I want to experience birth ;x Rising kid is a pain though and I would probably suck at it.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Also, just an adendum: I don't mean it's particularly common (which I have no data to confirm or not), just that there's this possibility. And again, I may be giving the writers much credit, since it's more likely that they don't know nor care about it.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Also w/e you agree or not, there is much different connection when you just adopt a child and when you actually give birth to them. I don't say you can't love your adopted child as your own, but it is much easier to get the emotional connection when you actually give birth to them.

BTW. I don't get lesbians' urge to wanting children, so I'm also baffled how often they want to have children in either fiction or real life ;x (yes I don't actually want to have kids)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Tales from the Borderlands is really fun, not all that far in yet but I'm loving the characters. Didn't get too far into the Walking Dead game cause I got bored pretty quickly, so I wasn't too sure about this one.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Janey is after Moxxi... though I can see why, she's kinda hot and she doesn't mind getting dirty.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

That was a bit of a downer article. A good read though.

Cooldudeshitlord
Tumblr_inline_mmx1mincnm1qz4rgp
joined Nov 15, 2014

this list absolutely needs the miseducation of cameron post. an excellent read yo

joined Oct 18, 2015

this list absolutely needs the miseducation of cameron post. an excellent read yo

Yes, I really like that book. It's a 'YA' novel that really doesn't feel 'YA' at all. The narrator's inner voice is spot on.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So apparently PLL is about to be back? I'm curious how they'll piss off their fans next. :>

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

And what they did in PLL to piss off fans? Let me guess, another lesbian ended with a man?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

No, the lesbian is pretty gay. It's mostly Emison shippers that are pissed off because the ship is handled kinda weirdly.

Also the whole Suprise! The evil mastermind is a trans woman! Because shock value! thing.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Alright, I've finished Engravings of Wraith by Keira Dellacroix and I can't recommend it enough. The built up towards the reveal of the MC being an assassin to her love interest was spectacular and when the reveal happened I had no doubt it would turn out like it did.

It's probably one of the best non fanfic works I've read. Even if that's not a lot.

last edited at Nov 27, 2015 8:02PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

telamon

The built up towards the reveal of the MC being an assassin to her love interest was spectacular and when the reveal happened I had no doubt it would turn out like it did.

Spoiler?

To reply you must either login or sign up.