Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Don't know if it has been mentioned but Honey & Venom.

Eh, what the hell. What with Balderdash on indefinite hiatus, I might as well add it to my RSS.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Has anyone read My Bestfriend, Maybe, by Caela Carter?

I don't have anyone to text or call to talk to about stuff so this'll have to do: Colette's mom makes me want to slap her. Ugh... and I just started reading it.

And... I finished it. It was really fucking good. I couldn't put it down lol. Usually I know why I cry like a broken faucet over a book or movie, but this time I haven't got a clue... The story wasn't sad really, it was melancholy perhaps. It it wasn't happy for most of the story either, it did have a rather sweet ending though.

I give it four confused lilies as my rating.

last edited at Nov 20, 2015 11:38PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Might have a look at that.

New info about You Do You:
Brittany Ashley confirmed Ashly Perez' character Ashly being bi. Lindsay Hicks and Brtittani Nichols will be playing her love interests. That's 3 actual gay/bi women in the roles of gay/bi women.
The first two episodes are out on Buzzfeed Violet.

Also, the first 7 episodes of Jessica Jones are out, I think.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

New Always Human was soooooooo cute <3 That is how you do proper yuri! This webcomics is amazing already and it looks like it only going to get better =^.^=

last edited at Nov 21, 2015 11:32AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

New Always Human was soooooooo cute <3 That is how you do proper yuri! This webcomics is amazing already and it looks like it only going to get better =^.^=

Those two are seriously going to kill me.

What I'd really like to see is their world expand beyond just the two of them, though. All we've seen is what I assume is an AI that Sunati keeps around. It's nice that we'll see a bit of Austen's world next though, hopefully after that we'll start to see more characters.

last edited at Nov 21, 2015 1:32PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Jessica Jones, if you haven't watched it yet, you should. As an added bonus David Tennant is in the show. :D

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yep. And because I'm a paranoid idiot, I can't wait for the angst when the tall one changes her mods!

(Don't mind me)

last edited at Nov 21, 2015 4:42PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yep. And because I'm a paranoid idiot, I can't wait for the angst when the tall one changes her mods!

(Don't mind me)

Pretty sure it wouldn't bother Austen much. After all, the whole world around her does it all the time, probably including friends and family. It may make Sunati think differently about her own mods though. Which wouldn't be angst so much as self-examination, which would be pretty nice to see.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Jessica Jones, if you haven't watched it yet, you should. As an added bonus David Tennant is in the show. :D

Seems like everybody really likes the show, very much looking forward to it.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Well there's like seven eps of it out on Netflix, and there's torrents too if you're poor.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Haha, it's more of a seven hour time investment thing. I like marathoning stuff.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

lol When I started watching, I thought it was going to be like 15 minute shorts or something.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Pretty sure it wouldn't bother Austen much. After all, the whole world around her does it all the time, probably including friends and family. It may make Sunati think differently about her own mods though. Which wouldn't be angst so much as self-examination, which would be pretty nice to see.

It all depends on where the thoughts would go from both of them. It can easily go the angst route should the author choose, but I don't think he/she will.

Well there's like seven eps of it out on Netflix, and there's torrents too if you're poor.

Jessica Jones' whole season is out not just the seven episodes. In torrent form of course. But, if they're on torrents they must've been posted on Netflix as well.

last edited at Nov 21, 2015 7:31PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Ep 1 finished, David Tennant was barely in the show and he's fucking creepy! I felt so bad for Jessica, I wanted to hug her.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

This :

And this :

are the same person.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So, nobody probably had the chance to see Carol yet? Apparently everybody loves it. There might even be the chance to some Oscars.

joined Jun 12, 2015

So, nobody probably had the chance to see Carol yet? Apparently everybody loves it. There might even be the chance to some Oscars.

Carol won Golden Frog in my country! Yay!

last edited at Nov 22, 2015 3:03PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

This :

And this :

are the same person.

If the bottom pic is Jessica Jones, then that's Krysten Ritter, not Sarah Shahi.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

If the bottom pic is Jessica Jones, then that's Krysten Ritter, not Sarah Shahi.

talking about the characters, not the actresses x)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I just realized that she is Carmen from the L Word.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

yeah, the difference is shocking. I've never seen the L world but when I see image of her playing these kind of role, I just can't make the connection... I mean, where is Shaw the badass sociopath ?!

Just for that I think I will never be able to watch The L world x)

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

talking about the characters, not the actresses x)

Oh, ok... I can kinda see it. Think Jessica is a little more damaged and off the edge than Shaw though.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

where is Shaw the badass sociopath

Whaaaat? Lesbian romance with a badass sociopath? I didn't know that. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HOLD OFF UNTIL THE SERIES IS FINISHED NOW?

joined Jan 21, 2015

where is Shaw the badass sociopath

Whaaaat? Lesbian romance with a badass sociopath? I didn't know that. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HOLD OFF UNTIL THE SERIES IS FINISHED NOW?

Here's an original story about a badass lesbian sociopath. The author is a straight guy (I know many people have issues with straight guys writing lesbian romance so I'm mentioning it just in case, but being yuri fans I guess we're kind of used to it at this point), and it has a fair amount of sex scenes, but it's a decent way to spend an afternoon.

Just to clarify, I'm not just recommending some random dude. He's a published author but he posts some of his stories for free on AO3. He has a Twitter and a Tumblr if you want to see what you think about him as a person.
He also has a werewolf saga (Underdogs) and a series about a paranormal detective (Riley Parra), but I haven't checked these out yet. Next on my list is his steampunk superhero story.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^I already read Underdogs, if I remember correctly it was fairly good. Personally, I don't have anything against men writing yuri if they do it well, some of them are really good. I just think most of the times, women write it better. So I would totally read the story you linked if it wasn't for the Tragedy tag. :D Thanks anyways.

To reply you must either login or sign up.