Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

joined Mar 25, 2013

telamon

The built up towards the reveal of the MC being an assassin to her love interest was spectacular and when the reveal happened I had no doubt it would turn out like it did.

Spoiler?

You want a spoiler how it progressed or how it turned out? Or that I should tag that as a spoiler?

last edited at Nov 27, 2015 7:50PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

telamon

You want a spoiler how it progressed or how it turned out? Or that I should tag that as a spoiler?

Tag that as spoiler. At least it sounds pretty spoilery to me and kinda ruins the entire build up. Unless it is that obvious that is why you didn't bother to.

joined Mar 25, 2013

telamon

Tag that as spoiler. At least it sounds pretty spoilery to me and kinda ruins the entire build up. Unless it is that obvious that is why you didn't bother to.

It's obvious, plus it shouldn't be a surprise that it is revealed. After all the other girl has no idea about what the MC does besides having the company.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

telamon

It's obvious, plus it shouldn't be a surprise that it is revealed. After all the other girl has no idea about what the MC does besides having the company.

It is now marked anyhow. Err on the side of caution, thanks.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

telamon

Oh, my bad then.

joined Mar 25, 2013

It is now marked anyhow. Err on the side of caution, thanks.

Should be obvious it isn't a spoiler, but fair enough (:

Oh, my bad then.

's all good.

last edited at Nov 27, 2015 8:14PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

BTW. I don't get lesbians' urge to wanting children, so I'm also baffled how often they want to have children in either fiction or real life ;x (yes I don't actually want to have kids)

Desire to have children is pretty present in a lot of women and I'm sure not all of it is cultural and/or environmental.

One would assume it would be a pretty vital thing evolution wise.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Evilnemesis

Desire to have children is pretty present in a lot of women and I'm sure not all of it is cultural and/or environmental.

One would assume it would be a pretty vital thing evolution wise.

Well I guess maternal instinct does play some part in it. I guess I have one too, but I honestly never felt like rising a child and the fact I'm a lesbian actually gives me perfect excuse to not have one.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Does any one know of any fantasy romance books? By that i mean something like Grorgia Beers would write but set in a fantasy realm of elves and whatever. But without the adventure or evil overlord and such.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Does any one know of any fantasy romance books? By that i mean something like Grorgia Beers would write but set in a fantasy realm of elves and whatever. But without the adventure or evil overlord and such.

The Second Mango is like that, but it's got definite flaws. There are entertaining bits that are worth it all the same. Ending's a bit too easily wrapped up, though. Well, it's got adventure but it's more about the MC looking for a girlfriend.

last edited at Nov 27, 2015 11:56PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I found one that sounds pretty cute: Good enough to eat, itsabout a vampire girl who goes to an AA meeting because she doesn't want to drink blood, and falls in love with girl in the same group.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kitsune Spirit

I found one that sounds pretty cute: Good enough to eat, itsabout a vampire girl who goes to an AA meeting because she doesn't want to drink blood, and falls in love with girl in the same group.

Tittle or didn't happen ;x

last edited at Nov 28, 2015 12:30AM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

"Good enough to eat", thats the title. xD I think the author is Alison Gray.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kitsune Spirit

yes, thanks xD

joined Mar 25, 2013

Kitsune Spirit

yes, thanks xD

Hot Line by the same author is a nice and short (and a little smutty) story. You'll probably like it.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Apparenty good enough to eat is going to be a series. On goodreads it's listed as "vampire diet series #1"... I hope there's more soon.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Kitsune Spirit

Maybe L-J Baker's works? I've only read Promises, Promises (which was fun but probably not what you're looking for) but I've heard good things about Broken Wings and from the looks of it, it's basically romance in a fantasy world.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Kitsune Spirit

Maybe L-J Baker's works? I've only read Promises, Promises (which was fun but probably not what you're looking for) but I've heard good things about Broken Wings and from the looks of it, it's basically romance in a fantasy world.

Broken Wings is good for 3/4 of the book until the drama is ramped so high that it really brought it down in my eyes. And the MCs love interest was more or less a doormat.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I love doormats!

Also, upcoming movie about the first trans woman to undergo gender reassignment surgery, based on a true story.
Already available in select theatres

joined Jan 21, 2015

Broken Wings is good for 3/4 of the book until the drama is ramped so high that it really brought it down in my eyes. And the MCs love interest was more or less a doormat.

Whoops. Nevermind then.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Exes and ohs is great, I loved it. All the couple are just adorable...

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

No, the lesbian is pretty gay. It's mostly Emison shippers that are pissed off because the ship is handled kinda weirdly.

Also the whole Suprise! The evil mastermind is a trans woman! Because shock value! thing.

Of course if they're not fucking up a gay character they'll go for the trans then, sigh... Thanks OriginalGengar

joined Mar 25, 2013

Something in the Wine by Jay is a good read. Mostly comedic. The plot is a straight woman and a lesbian woman band to play a prank on the straight woman's brother because he set them up on a date. They want to get back at him by wanting to convince him that his sister has turned gay.

last edited at Nov 29, 2015 9:35AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Considering what is said about her other works Cooking for Love by Robin Roseau is a good, and very short (8k words) story.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Considering what is said about her other works Cooking for Love by Robin Roseau is a good, and very short (8k words) story.

Her stuff isn't usually very good, huh? I found it kinda suspicious that she churned out novels one after the other, but I don't have much of an interest in shapeshifters so I never checked out her main series.

The latest episode of Elementary had a bunch of queer people and only one of them turned out to be a murderer! Amazing.
In all seriousness though, crime procedurals tend to feature LGBT characters as either murderers or murder victims, and their Very Special Episodes can be... disappointing. Elementary's LGBT characters are usually friends, consultants or associates of the main characters' and their sexuality/identity is mentioned in passing as just another thing of note about them. I do wish they had a recurring queer character though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.