Forum › Tonari no Robot discussion

joined Aug 8, 2014

interesting.. very interesting

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

First chapter is great, can't wait to see how it goes. Chances are, it looks like a tear jerker.

It's only one volume long total, but from the looks of it, that's a good thing here. Sometimes you don't need to drag something out.

There's more than one chapter‽
Best news all day!

A358eac338e2ef5b47aafda9b595bf39
joined Feb 8, 2013

I read the review on Okazu some time ago and it's quite bittersweet.

Yep. I have the book and it is kind of bittersweet near the end. Overall I liked it, though it can get a little technological and philosophical in the middle with all the talks between the lab people.

last edited at Jun 6, 2015 3:43AM

Tumblr_nlmayyykuj1so305zo1_12801
joined Feb 23, 2015

YESSS BRING ME THE ANGST!

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

i'm gonna die. robots and yuri.. is a perfect combination i love both of those things, but i know i'm gonna cry over them. not the first or last time ....

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Why transfer schools if they could just remodel her face/height and personality?

I guess transfering schools is a lot cheaper than buildung a new robot body and installing a new os.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Why transfer schools if they could just remodel her face/height and personality?

Who says they can? The fact she has to transfer seems to imply that they can't.

They might not be able to remodel her personality considering its taken 17 years to develop but they could remodel her face, height and voice pretty easily. It's probably just cheaper to have her switch schools though.

So, I'm gonna guess the ending. Robot can't grow old and die with girl together. Calling it now.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Reading this made me go back and read all of Nishi Uko's stuff. Somehow they had gone below my radar all this time. Damn, I love this artist now.

Prepared for heartbreak in this series, but it seems an enjoyable ride. Looking forward to the rest.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

This is completely different from what Uko usually does. I might enjoy it

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I'm the kind of person who just can't take angst well but it's Nishi Uko we are talking about. I have no doubt it will be great

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

They might not be able to remodel her personality considering its taken 17 years to develop but they could remodel her face, height and voice pretty easily. It's probably just cheaper to have her switch schools though.

Her failure to always fit in could be more apparent among adults, as being a child is easier than being an adult. Less responsibilities both social and towards school/work, shorter operating hours, etc. And at seventeen you can use a close to adult sized robot to play a teen.

I think that Transferring her every year might mean that most other teens wouldn't have enough time to figure out that she's not an ordinary girl. And since her goal is to not get special treatment that's pretty useful.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Her failure to always fit in could be more apparent among adults, as being a child is easier than being an adult. Less responsibilities both social and towards school/work, shorter operating hours, etc. And at seventeen you can use a close to adult sized robot to play a teen.

I think that Transferring her every year might mean that most other teens wouldn't have enough time to figure out that she's not an ordinary girl. And since her goal is to not get special treatment that's pretty useful.

Actually, I would figure it might actually be easier to blend in as an adult. If you're an adult and you don't talk much at work and act serious, they just think you've got a stick up your butt. There's always people who fade into the background, and people just leave them alone and forget about them. But as a child if you're all overserious and formal and your attempts to play are awkward it's going to seem weird. And if you're too quiet, you might well get bullied, and then you have to figure out a human reaction to getting bullied. School is a high pressure social environment.

Anyway, the talent responsible for "Collectors" is tackling something heavyish. I'm looking forward avidly!

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

More Robot Yuri... An entire volume of it! Terrific news, subscribing asap
Can't wait to see where this goes...

Prprcharlotte_8
joined Apr 1, 2013

This was great! But it also felt like there couldn't be an actual happy ending to this....

Always wanted to kiss a Gundam

And when i read this, it was like if all the romanticism was destroyed xD
But it was the best comment!

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

all aboard the angst train! choo choo!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I can relate to this story, I fell in love with my computer.

Can a robbot endure feelings? In real life, I believe that if a robot was to feel any emotion and wasn't able to understand it, it would start breaking things or become crazy.

Simulation?

last edited at Jun 6, 2015 4:16PM

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Can a robbot endure feelings? In real life, I believe that if a robot was to feel any emotion and wasn't able to understand it, it would start breaking things or become crazy.

Current technology robots yes, but you never know with the future and all.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

It's not yuri-related. But you can read Pluto for some AI feeling.

One of modern age masterpiece i believe. It's a piece of literature in fact

last edited at Jun 6, 2015 5:55PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

augh... i can tell this is going to make me cry a lot like Afterlife did

Commandershepard13
joined Mar 24, 2014

That's not what I was talking about but okay.

Commandershepard13
joined Mar 24, 2014

I'm not a big believer in the concept of Strong AI but any Sapient Artificial Intelligence would be designed specifically to be able to feel and process emotion in a manner similar to humans so its unlikely that an emotional robot would go crazy or anything.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Nishi Uko Robot Yuri

So I guess this is probably going to be the best thing ever.

If I enjoy all the angst Nishi gives, does that mean I'm a masochist?

joined Jul 8, 2013

Yeah, there's no way in hell this series has a happy ending.

joined Apr 12, 2014

this is so saad

To reply you must either login or sign up.