Forum › Posts by SoulyD

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

That Chiyono girl is a piece of sht, i mean really? just because she didnt respond to your feelings you hit her and hate her? so childish

ikr, almost she is a teenager or something. Crazy huh, that teenagers act stupidily

I really wouldn't wave off slapping someone in the face for turning you down as just kids being kids. It's a pretty wildly insane thing to do even for a teenager.

If she just kept rejecting her I would agree, but Rin did not reject Chiyono normally. Since we can see Rins thoughts it's easy to relate to her, but she did start to talk like she would accept the confession and even moved in for a kiss before stopping at the last moment and rejecting her instead. Not a nice move and a slap for this kind of behavior feels relatable/normal, even if it's not okay.

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Is this going to be on the test? Then lets hope she can pass that exam ;).

A promising start.

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Seeing dude all the time is a little strange, but eh, I can live with it. I guess she was a prinny in her previous life? xD

SoulyD
Bird Cafe! discussion 19 Jul 10:59
Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

5 new chapters, what a great day^^
Rin and Hirokazu had some nice scenes together and the drunk bird (of prey?) was great. Even the sparrows were mostly funny.

SoulyD
Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Bird dad does not approve xD

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Nice Ending for the Joker part as well. To bad Reinas two yankee friends from her own school didn't show up to the dance party. Or did they? It has been so long since i read the series, i might have missed them^^

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Oh nice. Has been a while since i read this but good to know it was finished. A chapter or two in the future would have been great, but it's a good ending^^

SoulyD
Anime season 10 Dec 11:18
Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Flip Flappers was... Damn, I should've been wiser and wait two weeks, I knew things would take an extreme twist.
I'm honestly worried, I thought the ending would be Cocona saving Papika from something because so far, Papika has been the hero and Cocona is trying to be something more.

I gotta admit, the preview at the end made me laugh.

So lemme revise my theory. Papika somehow ended up in suspended animation or something that prevented her from aging, and now she's fallen in love with Mimi and Salt's daughter? I assume the "bad guy" organization is where Salt and his dad used to work, but broke free following whatever ended up happening to Mimi.

Am I way off base here?

Mh, I'm not sure if Salt is Coconas dad. He seems like the obvious choice to me too, but it looks like Mimi has some sort of greater control over Pure Illusion so there is also a chance that Papika/Papikana is Coconas dad^^ The leader of the cult could also be an option, because the cult build the grandma-bot. And the cult also looks more like some sort of follow up organisation to the one Salt and his dad worked at.

SoulyD
Anime season 28 Nov 10:35
Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

I think what was going on there was the stone was crystallized mana, letting Zophie ignore the dead spots, rather than shutting down Izetta. Still bullshit, though

But Izetta said: there weren't any dead spots around or something like that either that or I wasn't paying much attention to the exposition...which is quite possible lol.

When they flew Izetta over to the corridor they did mention that they did check out the corridor once before and thus knew how the magic was distributed. So it seems the bloodstone absorbs magic and stores it, probably so that a witch can cast magic in a zone without magic, but it does so at such a high rate that the area loses all magic for a while? But it takes some time to do so. Sophie was singing and picking flowers while preparing the trap.

SoulyD
Anime season 26 Nov 11:46
Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-25/passione-animates-hinako-note-manga-tv-anime/.109174

This as well.

"When she arrives, it turns out her boarding house is a secondhand bookstore, and a girl who eats books lives there."

oh my god okay lol

I'm pretty sure I've see something like this before...
someone eating pages off books... in an anime.

can't recall which one it was.

Maybe Bungaku Shoujo?

SoulyD
Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

I think the story is just lacking enough actual story^^
Storywise normal girl Yukimine loves popular girl Kaga. Kaga doesn't like/need/believe that. So Yukimine has to do something to show her that she is different from all the other girls and capable of forming a meaningful connection. Here she steals and throws aways all the flowers as some sort of statement/jealousy. Why Kaga sees this as something positive is beyond me, but she does comment that those flowers wither after a day anyway, probably meaning that the feelings of the other (fan)girls aren't real or shortlived. And maybe Kaga still believes this to be the case for Yukimine too, but she is now willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.
So little change in so many pages. Nothing happens^^.

I don't know what the cat part really means, but isn't this just about doing good deeds and beeing perceived as beautiful/good for it?

last edited at Nov 22, 2016 5:51PM

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Ah, I see. Thank you. Maybe I will read up on that to refresh my memory then.
Leaving the evil route out is understandable. I played it mostly out of curiosity but yeah, it gets really dark. The good evil end has its charms though. I liked that one^^

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

It has been a long time since I have played it, but Soul Nomad had a non-subtext yuri route? Do you mean with the Childhood friend in one of the evil routes or something else?

SoulyD
Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

I can see two possible reasons why the plan didn't work
The Curse only transfers correctly if you
1) eat a mermaid
2) eat everything. She ate the whole mermaid, he only took a bite it seems.

Otherwise the curse might need some time and food to adjust to the new body. Hope those guys taste good.

SoulyD
Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Well most stories that change just one detail of the world, while the rest remains the same, don't hold up too well when taking a closer look. If animal-like people existed since the beginning, would we have pet shops? Maybe if they do have a pet like mentality but otherwise I would say humans and animal-people would have a different relationship.

But for a short story like this I think this is fine. Otherwise there are so many problems/factors one has to decide on. Easiest solution would be to say animal-people = humans + animal tails/ears but in this case it would be more like Centaur's Worries, so no pet shops.
Another simple solution are slave-races, pet like characteristics but much darker overall.

But if you want to keep more animal traits like lifespan, assumed intelligence, morals/ethics and stuff like this it becomes much more complex.

And now I have been thinking about it too much and even came up with an example xD.

For example: Cat People. The internet tells me cats out in the wild reach an age of 2-3, maybe 5, while house cats can reach somewhere between 10-20. A few exceptions can get older, but most die before 20. If we assume that humanized cats can take better care of themselves, lets say they all reach 15-20. A cat is considered a full adult with 2 years. Now if they have intelligence comparable to humans that puts them at an disadvantage, because they have less time to learn things. But how would a society work that as to consider a 2year old cat and an 21year (or 18) old humans as equal? Wouldn't humans screw the cats over?
But maybe the cats are quick learners and can learn thinks 5x as fast as humans. If we move the adult limit a bit, we could say that cats are adults with 4-6 years. Still weird from a human perspective.
And relationships. Would humans accept an adult human (21+) dating an adult cat (4+)? And wouldn't cats find it weird, that they can't date a human (under 21 or under 18)? Like a human and cat born at the same time might never be allowed to have an relationship with each other because the cat might be dead by the time the human is legal. Ignoring stuff like accidents and the like. I guess this is just like elves feel about humans in fantasy stories xD.

And one would have to decide stuff like this for all animal races, if they even exist. I mean, would there be dogs or only wolf-humans around? Would they live peacefully or fight with us? What about animals that can get much older than humans? Or animals that can reproduce like crazy. In fantasy stories humans often have the numerical advantage over older races, but now?

It's interesting to think about how society would have developed if all these human like races existed since the beginning. Would all of them be still around now? Would humans still exist? Would some races be treated as slaves? Would they even mind? What about mixed races? Are all animals humanized or only a few?
Anyway, way to much work^^

SoulyD
Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Well there is a German folktale called "Die Sterntaler" (The Star Money? in english), but it does have an happy ending, so maybe it's not the one you remember?

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

I'm curios how the sequel will develop things, because right now it feels a bit weak.
Hope the bad sister will work on her own flaws a bit.
Otherwise this looks like a good example of how too much kindness can be a bad thing or a weapon itself. I don't think the good sister is doing it on purpose but she has to learn not to solve every problem for her sister. That only isolates the bad sister more and more. Unless that is the plan xD.

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Huh... I wonder what Tooru meant by "Well... Sort of...", when being asked if she was a girl.

Het Twist incoming! xD
sry, couldn't stop myself

It's probably something simple, like dragons don't care about boy or girl. They are dragon. The transformation spell just turns them into what human form fits them best. So before her transformation, tooru wasn't living as a girl dragon, but just as a dragon.
If that makes sense xD

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

i honestly find the random fanservice super creepy...the main chick looks like she's in middle school :/ think i'll pass on this one....

The cat is most likely an adult though (considering that a 1,5 year old cat is around 20 in human years?). Or at least she was when she was a normal cat. Are there any age rules for monster cats? xD
And does that mean her friendship (and courtship if the spider is involved) with the human boys is problematic? xD
Ah all that fun when two spezies with such different lifespans interact.

But yeah, the fanservice has a creepy touch and the author calls himself lecherous, so...^^ But since it stays all harmless I have no problem with it.

Only at ch 16 right now, but so far the spider lady is one fav besides the cat^^

SoulyD
Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Oh god, Matsuris face on page 55 xD This is the best.

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

is the "Interim Solution" some kind of extra that comes after the last chapter?

Sounds like that to me. They're talking about lights out, so it seems the relationship progressed further than what was shown in ch 3. Could be teasing, but since it's coming from the black haired girl i would still call that progress^^
And she used her first name.

Loved this. Would have been awesome if it was longer but oh well, still nice.

SoulyD
Anime season 27 Sep 09:23
Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

And I hear something happened in Classroom Crisis?

I don't know what you heared, but there is no yuri in Classroom Crisis, except the ED maybe^^. The potential yuri ship burned and sunk. In the final ep it ends with both girls falling for the guy, creating a triangle at the last moment

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

The very aggressive kind, but she still held back when she understood Aki's thoughts.

That's a very nice way of saying she stoped after getting a kick to the stomach xD

Feels a bit like Yuri missed her station (an hentai manga) and endet up in this one instead. Luckily Aki knows how to defend herself^^ But I guess now that both of them are on the same page something nice can develop.

SoulyD
Manga General Thread 20 Sep 17:51
Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Oh, just found this thread :D I like threads like these. Sure, I already have thousands of bookmarks of mangas I may want to read completely someday, but you never know where you find a new favorite^^
So thanks @Nevri for mentioning Shishunki Bitter Change. Didn't knew about this one and I really like it so far. But I mistook some of the joke pages for real ones and then wondered why the story didn't acknowledge this stuff. Until I noticed my mistake, but it took me a few chapters. Okay, maybe it took me half of all released chapters. I probably shouldn't read that fast^^.

My all time favorite manga is probably Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro (https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12948).
A cute 4-koma about Kuro and her Journey through the land and the people she meets. It can turn really dark and sad at times, especially when you think a little more about things that are sometimes only implied. The most prominent would be that Kuro is carrying a coffin on her back all the time, just like the title says. And I'm not sure if this story will have an happy end (it's still ongoing with 5 vol). But I love the story and the characters. Especially those cute little twins^^

SoulyD
Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Oh Nico. If you didn't felt like a couple you need to work on your handholding skills ;) But a kiss is fine too. Or hugs. Lots of hugs.