Forum › Tonari no Robot discussion

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Nishi Uko Robot Yuri

So I guess this is probably going to be the best thing ever.

If I enjoy all the angst Nishi gives, does that mean I'm a masochist?

No, just a weirdo.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Chika's 14?

The art makes her look older.

Promising start and I'm gonna eat my sock if this doesn't takes a turn fro the drama soon.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Chika's 14?

The art makes her look older.

Promising start and I'm gonna eat my sock if this doesn't takes a turn fro the drama soon.

"Over 10 years" I think she's at least in high school

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh right, I don't know how I missed the "over" bit.

I'd say that 17 is a reasonable age.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Is there any raws for this? I just can't wait

If you are interested in raws for this, could you try to ask for them on /u/ or something in the future? I've seen a few threads turn into spoiler warning threads in which 50% of discussion is about things that haven't happened yet, and I think it would be best to try and avoid that happening too often, especially with a series which looks as good as this. ;_;

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

I'm excited. I am super excited for this.

After Pure Marionation seeing Robot and Yuri tags together make me uneasy about reading this.... <_<

Maybe I'll give this a try though...

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 3:40AM

joined Mar 30, 2012

i'm ready for the tears.

Fix_it_by_samanthadoodles
joined Jun 7, 2015

Only chapter one and it already got me :(

This one is going to make it rain in here

joined Jan 8, 2014

This is way interesting looking I wonder since they said it was a one volume if itll be little snippets of their lives or if the focus will be the characters "now"
Either way cant wait to see what the next ch will bring ^_^

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Another series by Nishi Uko huh, this is exciting and unexpected. Can easily tell it'll be somewhat dramatic and possibly sad at the end but I generally love her work so I'm very much looking forward to the rest of this.

joined Aug 4, 2014

Whoa, when I saw Nishi Uko's name, I couldn't believe it at first, but I'm glad she's trying something new, even if it's angst. I mean I have nothing against good drama from time to time, I just hope it won't feel forced and full of cliches.
Overall I'm looking forward to more of it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So weird seeing Nishi Uko doing high school stuff, even though it's done in such a different fashion than most.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

hmm... Interesting... :v something different...

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

I will endure the happy/angst/fluff fest that is to come for science! /grabs all ths tissues and makes nest

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I love how open people are becoming to the concept of love and cyborgs/robots/A.I.s lately. Of course it depends on your philosophical standpoint on both intelligence and romantic love, but 15 years ago people'd look at you funny about this sort of thing. I might be misled on the actual number of people accepting it because I have a hand in many more liberal/accepting environments, but regardless I've always felt akin to this sort of thing.

Brings to the forefront a lot of deep questions about longevity and love itself.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I love how open people are becoming to the concept of love and cyborgs/robots/A.I.s lately. Of course it depends on your philosophical standpoint on both intelligence and romantic love, but 15 years ago people'd look at you funny about this sort of thing. I might be misled on the actual number of people accepting it because I have a hand in many more liberal/accepting environments, but regardless I've always felt akin to this sort of thing.

Brings to the forefront a lot of deep questions about longevity and love itself.

I can accept it easily here because it fictional, it make it possible for robot to be more human (having feelings and all). Bring it to real life and I don't believe it is possible to program a robot to have feelings by himself.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

There's been a lot of SciFi novels/shorts about love between humans and androids. Or humans and aliens, or just about everything.

Nothing new here.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Nothing new indeed

If they get a baby will it be more science baby than the regular science baby?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

There's been a lot of SciFi novels/shorts about love between humans and androids. Or humans and aliens, or just about everything.

Nothing new here.

We're all going to die anyway, so what's the point in anything, really.

Nothing new indeed

If they get a baby will it be more science baby than the regular science baby?

Despite making it a science-fiction series in the later half, the author has shown time and time again that he has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to real science.

I think from some of the descriptions of the Androids and Cell, they might be better called Bioroids, or geneticaly engineered people/creatures. Similar to the replicants in Blade Runner and the Jem'Hadar in Star Trek.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

It was actually quite clear since they awoken that N17 and 18 were augmented humans with robot parts, i'm kind of making a stretch by using her as example
N16 and 19 were the only 100% robots of DBZ, it was just a poor decision to call everyone Android including Cell, Toriyama ain't too good with names Which makes me wonder if he'll actually go through with the name Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan for the new transformation

last edited at Jun 8, 2015 2:44PM

20240420_135750
joined Jan 19, 2015

so uhh no watersports for asagi ryu and now nishi uko is doing teenagers
it is a lot to process
have we all moved to an alternative universe of things

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Despite making it a science-fiction series in the later half, the author has shown time and time again that he has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to real science.

I think from some of the descriptions of the Androids and Cell, they might be better called Bioroids, or geneticaly engineered people/creatures. Similar to the replicants in Blade Runner and the Jem'Hadar in Star Trek.

I can't believe I'm living in a world where people are calling out DBZ for not being scientifically accurate.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

When I found out that you can't actually use galaxies as shuriken, I just couldn't enjoy Gurenn Lagann anymore so I definitely know how you feel.

To reply you must either login or sign up.