Forum › New Game discussion

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Jealous Rin is adorable. Kou, how can you be so dense?! Get a hint!

I like it how Hifumi knows. :)

joined Aug 6, 2015

Getting close to a lesbian sidecouple tag. Kou just needs to stop being dense.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like how you can do a good New Game! without Aoba. since she's the viewpoint character it's like seeing "behind the scenes" when she's not there.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

don't worry Hifumin, looks like you're gonna face the same problem as Rin with Aoba

This. So she needs to help Rin work it out with Kou so Aoba - who idolizes Kou - doesn't "grow up" to be just like her.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Great chapter, Kou really is dense if even Hifumin noticed Rin's feelings. XD

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Can this even be considered subtext now?

joined Jan 25, 2017

Only in the strictest "why don't they kiss" sense. For all practical purposes I'm pretty sure Rin being in love with Kou is as canon as Oreki being in love with Chitanda in Hyouka at this point.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Great chapter, Kou really is dense if even Hifumin noticed Rin's feelings. XD

Kou is likely the only one in the entire company who hasn't figured it out. (Possibly willfully; I get the feeling she wouldn't know how to deal with the matter and might be deliberately avoiding confronting it...) Hifumi's been around them long enough that she no doubt noticed a long time ago, but seems to have a general preference for staying aloof of such shenanigans...

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Only in the strictest "why don't they kiss" sense. For all practical purposes I'm pretty sure Rin being in love with Kou is as canon as Oreki being in love with Chitanda in Hyouka at this point.

Dang, I thought for a moment there that Hyouka had yuri in it, but, alas, I looked up Oreki and he's a dude. Still a solid anime from what I hear though, so I'll probably watch it at some point.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Dang, I thought for a moment there that Hyouka had yuri in it, but, alas, I looked up Oreki and he's a dude. Still a solid anime from what I hear though, so I'll probably watch it at some point.

It's fantastic. Probably KyoAni's strongest adaptation.

But yeah, I only brought it up to point out that when you think about it, needing someone to turn to the camera and say "I love you" is a bar a lot of stuff we usually think of as romances doesn't actually clear. So there's no real reason to hold what amounts to a (very good) side romance to that standard here.

last edited at Jul 10, 2017 7:34PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Hifumin, faitto! ✽-(ˆ▽ˆ)/✽ ✽(ˆ▽ˆ)-✽

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

There are some really good reaction's from Hifumi in this one.

Like:

and:

joined Mar 22, 2017

Reply to RisingStar3110

Too bad that the anime unlikely will reach the Umiko x Nene date.Some awesome moment then

This night your wish from about year ago will come true because SS2 is HERE!!!!

Season 2 timeline seem to be different from manga according to the PV Gonna discuss about that soon

last edited at Jul 11, 2017 2:15AM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I kinda wish to see the whole Kou and Rin relationship got resolved. But as it stands, this gonna be a running gag toward the end of time.

Like there is much more chance this manga will be cancelled before it ever happens

Reply to RisingStar3110

Too bad that the anime unlikely will reach the Umiko x Nene date.Some awesome moment then

This night your wish from about year ago will come true because SS2 is HERE!!!!

Season 2 timeline seem to be different from manga according to the PV Gonna discuss about that soon

Two thumbs up :D

last edited at Jul 11, 2017 4:06AM

joined Jul 22, 2014

Can't wait for Seven Seas Entertainment's New Game! manga release!

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Ha... All ships sailed. Not even mad.
Why is everyone so cute?!

joined Mar 22, 2017

After I watch Ep.01 Anime timeline seem to change quite a lot compare to manga. (Or they just make thing make more sense in timing and stuff)
This is a connection I found. Scene by scene.

Ch43(P1-P5:Frame2)[Aoba's Year2] --> Ch26(P11-P14:Frame4) --> Ch27(P19:Frame1-4)is removed from Yagami part and Ch26(P15,16)is added in Hifumi part --> Ch.32 --> Original Company Flowerviewing Event[BasedOn:Ch43-P7,8](Character competition announced here instead of Ch30)
P.S: Quite bugged me about remove quite a lot of Kou's scene.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

After I watch Ep.01 Anime timeline seem to change quite a lot compare to manga. (Or they just make thing make more sense in timing and stuff)

Yeah, anime will tend to do that for the sake of flow. With the hot springs trip covered in the OVA, it makes sense for the second season to start right off into the next game's production while working in the bits that were skipped over.

joined May 23, 2015

I can understand them wanting to start with the "one year later" thing, because that is a good starting point (and it also is actually one year later from the start of season 1). The problem is that it kind of screws up other things in the timeline.

The first season ended in late fall, early winter, with the ski trip being around that same time (as in the manga timeline they go back to work for a while between the ski trip and Christmas episodes).

Meaning they've skipped ahead in time more than four months. And the explanation given is that they're doing commission work for other teams. Which is fine, but for that long? With no hint of a new project? And with Eagle Jump being a small company, with as far as we know only one other production team. And they're only just now starting to think of using the break in work to play around.

I don't really have a problem with them changing the order of things, but it bothers me when the timeline doesn't make sense. Especially given that the manga has always had a pretty strict timeline.

There were a few places in season 1 where this happened, too.

joined Mar 22, 2017

I don't really have a problem with them changing the order of things, but it bothers me when the timeline doesn't make sense. Especially given that the manga has always had a pretty strict timeline.

True I really annoyed by this especially when I try to find character actual age (because in character bio they doesn't give a thing about it) so I try finding every clue in both anime and manga and eventually end up with timeline conflict. (Mostly with age 20 with Alcohol stuff)
This is what I think it's most accurate right now (these number is at the beginning of SS1) Aoba-Nene 18,Hifumi 23,Rin-Kou 25,Hajime-Yun 20 (Should be 19 because they come 1 year before aoba but that drinking party..... seriously)

I can understand them wanting to start with the "one year later" thing, because that is a good starting point (and it also is actually one year later from the start of season 1). The problem is that it kind of screws up other things in the timeline

It's true that if they continue doing this, it will screw a lot of manga timeline but to be honest current manga timeline is having some problem. (Most of the weird stuff is on Vol.3) if this timeline changing of anime help making things better, so be it.

There were a few places in season 1 where this happened, too.

Yeah I also saw that. But the change in SS1 doesn't have that much impact to the timeline itself anyways.

last edited at Jul 11, 2017 8:11PM

joined May 23, 2015

I haven't noticed any timeline inconsistencies in the manga timeline.

Aoba joining out of high school is an oddity. Kou is the only other we know for a fact did so. Though Rin being the same age and also having been at the company the same length would imply that she did, too, though it's never been explicitly brought up. Despite being a major point for both Aoba and Kou...

Yun and Hajime probably went to college (or, more likely, a vocational school) before joining the company. So they would have been around 20 when they first joined.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I honestly just don't take it so serious, the slice of life... About the events, I think it might be the director's choice saving some for later or removing them to achieve a better result with the continuity, manga can take it's time to reach a point but with the anime the budged and time is limited so I understand why they would chose to go straight ahead.

joined Mar 22, 2017

The OP is literally golden!
Waiting for ED next week. XD

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I love it when the manga gets meta and starts to accompany with the shipping.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

The OP is literally golden!
Waiting for ED next week. XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.