Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Seven Seas licensed Bloom Into You

Seven Seas will publish Bloom Into You for the first time in print in North America as single volume editions. Each book will contain at least two full-color illustrations. The first volume will be released on January 3, 2017 for $12.99 USA / $14.99 CAN.

http://sevenseasentertainment.tumblr.com/post/139315334675/seven-seas-celebrates-valentines-day-with-license

WHAT???????! Noooooooo, I can't wait that long
Nooooooooooo
Nooooooooooooooo
Noooooooooooooooooooo
I'm dead

joined Feb 18, 2015

Seven Seas will publish Bloom Into You for the first time in print in North America as single volume editions. Each book will contain at least two full-color illustrations. The first volume will be released on January 3, 2017 for $12.99 USA / $14.99 CAN.

http://sevenseasentertainment.tumblr.com/post/139315334675/seven-seas-celebrates-valentines-day-with-license

I just saw the announcement!!! First volume doesn't come out until January of next year though... :( Still:

Eventually, it will be mine!

As for this chapter...

I wonder why the chapter was titled 'Multiple Choice' though? Because of her math homework? xD

If I had to guess, I would say it is because of the emphasis in Yuu's thoughts that "it doesn't have to be Nanami, it could be anyone."

That is the major theme of chapter 8. I commented that I wanted the answer to that question earlier, but I don't think that this IS the answer, I think it is rationalization. We have seen NO evidence that she would be doing the same type of things if it were someone else, with the slight exception of her agreeing to read her friend's novel and give her feedback. (That, however, is something that I truly do feel ANYONE would do if their friend asked them. It is kind of an honor to be asked your opinion on something the other person truly seems to value...)

Throughout this chapter she thinks variations on the theme. "I would have done the same... for anyone. Not just Nanami-sempai. So he's wrong." "I just needed somebody to sit next to. It didn't have to be Nanami-sempai." "I didn't choose this... Still, being chosen has its own charms, Though I may have been happy regardless of who chose me."

Then, near the end, we have an homage to the line by Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady, which he uses to avoid saying outright that he is in love with Eliza "I've grown accustomed to her face." In this case, "I'm getting used to spending time with Nanami-sempai. That's the way I began to think of it."

She feels happy when Nanami gives her a present when she returns from her family trip. (The mini-planetarium.) She is happy when Nanami chooses to study with her instead of going with a group of friends. She admitted to Nanami that she enjoyed kissing her and that she wouldn't be truthful if she didn't say she was curious...

Her lack of the feet off the ground, heart pounding reaction is all that is really holding her back from acknowledging that she has at least started falling for Nanami. I do wonder if those feelings will ever come for her, after they have built a trusting relationship and spent plenty of time together... I still say she is most likely demi-sexual and just hasn't quite gotten close enough to Nanami to be really aroused by her, yet she is still attracted and does want to be with her...

Now we have even more to look forward to, with the publication of this fantastic manga coming to Seven Seas. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Seven Seas Manga for bringing so many Yuri titles to our shores!

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 5:32PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Seven Seas is going to bankrupt me with all the stuff they're picking up.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 5:28PM

joined Jan 8, 2016

MAKI IS A PSYCHO

joined Apr 16, 2013

I legitimately don't know how I feel about this. For some context I'm exactly like Yuu and Maki. I've never fallen in love or liked anyone (I'm 22, average looking girl ), but I enjoy reading and watching people's love for each other it's interesting to me. In every chapter she's me and it hits so close to home I had to write this comment. Word for word Yuu is me. I'm usually the one getting an insight in the love stories of others; their feelings and thoughts. But this time it's me. It's my love life and feelings that are on display and it's freaking me out. I'm scared to keep on reading and the outcome of it. Doesn't help that I'm in the same situation with my guy friend at the moment, actually not just at the moment my whole life. I'm torn between rooting for her or not. Goddamit me it's a story let her LOVE! ahhhh! Also it's great to relate for once I needed this manga in high school mangaka-san. I hope to be Sunji (wdtfs) and win the love lottery some day and it's okay if I don't. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think Nanami's imagination is too wild. I wondered if what Yuu said could be taken wrong, like "do it" - I mean, "yachatta*" (same verb as Yuu used) is "we did it (sex)" in context and what Yuu said was "家でやります?" Uchide yarimasu/"At-home do". But I think that's the normal way sort of to say "(should we)do(it) at (my) house (instead)?". So the subtle impression I get is Nanami might be hanging on anything Yuu says that could be taken romantically or sexually. Or maybe she's just surprised about being invited to Yuu's house for the first time. but that expression on her face was pretty surprised and embarrassed. I also wondered if Yuu was teasing her but she wasn't.
*Or you can say "Yarasete kureta" and "Yaru/Yarimasu" is one way to say "do it."

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 6:14PM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Oh Maki, you're such a good kid. I love you Maki, even if many other peeps here don't.

Yuu's perspective on things here is really interesting, and I'm hoping she doesnt suddenly pull a 180 and fall passionately in love with Nanami. I would argue that she IS in love, but in a more ace-i-dont-have-crazy-hormones-over-you kind of love, although it would be kind of cool to see her slowly progressing into taking a next step with whatever she's comfortable with.

But yay! I'm loving all these characters and that never usually happens for me

joined Oct 12, 2013

I'm hoping she slowly pulls a 180 and falls passionately in love with Nanami.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

this progression makes everything feel sweeter. I'M SO REFRESHED. HRG

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

"Should we do it at my house?"

No! You're supposed to wait until marriage!

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

All I can say is YES!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

OH MY GOD YES.
UH HUUUUHHH OH YES.
I remember sending them an ask about it, saying:
"You guys should keep an eye out for the yuri manga "Eventually I Will Become Yours" by Nakatani Nio. Art is great, volume 1 is out in japan, mc is a girl who is seemingly asexual/aromantic (for now maybe). It's interesting that the stereotype of never having been in love is genuinely explored and taken seriously, her feelings of lacking romantic interest in other people are gone in more detail. I find that it is a very original character for a romance manga, and has lots of room for character development."

I totally spoiler tagged my thing cus it's cringey
I'm legit so glad it was considered and fucckk yeaaahh MADE MY DAY

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 8:24PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I think Nanami's imagination is too wild. I wondered if what Yuu said could be taken wrong, like "do it" - I mean, "yachatta*" (same verb as Yuu used) is "we did it (sex)" in context and what Yuu said was "家でやります?" Uchide yarimasu/"At-home do". But I think that's the normal way sort of to say "(should we)do(it) at (my) house (instead)?". So the subtle impression I get is Nanami might be hanging on anything Yuu says that could be taken romantically or sexually. Or maybe she's just surprised about being invited to Yuu's house for the first time. but that expression on her face was pretty surprised and embarrassed. I also wondered if Yuu was teasing her but she wasn't.
*Or you can say "Yarasete kureta" and "Yaru/Yarimasu" is one way to say "do it."

Nahh it wasn't a sex joke/innuendo
She was just troubled/surprised cus HER CRUSH INVITED HER OVER
I'd definitely be freaking out

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Hmmm... Interesting progression. But I like it.

...and now to wait until 2017. Yeesh...

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

Yes, they should definitely do it at her home. Huehuehue :-)

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

At my age, I've fallen in love several times, starting from when I was in the second grade. And I've never in my life had that feet off the ground, heart pounding reaction. Everyone reacts to love differently, and I'm sure there are many others like me. Yuu just needs to quit expecting a cliched reaction, and she just might find love already in her heart.

Let's see, it looks like I'm about the 17th person to say some variation of that. Not that I'm actually keeping count.

YAAAY!!!

joined Oct 12, 2013

At my age, I've fallen in love several times, starting from when I was in the second grade. And I've never in my life had that feet off the ground, heart pounding reaction.

I have and it's overrated, once the novelty wears off. I much rather being able to talk to my crush rather than fear I'm going to upchuck all over her Stan-style.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Literally watching the progression of "Falling into love" (apparently a popular theme lately ;_;)
Which means this will be such a slow burn it'll be painful.

At my age, I've fallen in love several times, starting from when I was in the second grade. And I've never in my life had that feet off the ground, heart pounding reaction.

I have and it's overrated, once the novelty wears off. I much rather being able to talk to my crush rather than fear I'm going to upchuck all over her Stan-style.

I've been with my gf for 7 years, I actually miss the heart pounding and the nervous wreck I was before I talked to her- or well.. attempted to talk to her. I guess now we're just kinda like an old couple now, which is nice too I suppose haha
Also, apparently 'nervous wreck' me was quite charming (or was it adorable? I don't remember) but apparently I've lost that quality over the years xD

E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Wait, does the fact that it's being licensed mean that this is literally the last I'll be seeing of this series here? Dangit -_-
I guess it must feel good for all of you state-side, but us Europeans really have no reason to feel happy about US-licensing! xD

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Finally! They licensed something I actually want to buy! I want to support official releases of yuri manga as much as I can but Citrus and NtR just aren't my taste.

joined Sep 13, 2014

Wait, does the fact that it's being licensed mean that this is literally the last I'll be seeing of this series here? Dangit -_-
I guess it must feel good for all of you state-side, but us Europeans really have no reason to feel happy about US-licensing! xD

The most recent episode I've read is chapter 9.
Same goes for some people leaving in Asian countries. XD

joined Sep 21, 2014

The most recent episode I've read is chapter 9.
Same goes for some people leaving in Asian countries. XD

Citrus is licensed and Yuri Project are still working on it, aren't they?
I guess the decision of continuing the scanlation is theirs, and whether Dynasty removes the uploaded chapters or not also depends of YP asking them to.
But as a Canadian I feel pretty chill about it too, cus it'll be available to us as well c:
I guess it doesn't change anything for you guys, but at least the possibility of owning this series in a physical format and in english is there, and I'm pretty down to support the author

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 3:41AM

joined Jan 20, 2016

I legitimately don't know how I feel about this. For some context I'm exactly like Yuu and Maki. I've never fallen in love or liked anyone (I'm 22, average looking girl ), but I enjoy reading and watching people's love for each other it's interesting to me. In every chapter she's me and it hits so close to home I had to write this comment. Word for word Yuu is me. I'm usually the one getting an insight in the love stories of others; their feelings and thoughts. But this time it's me. It's my love life and feelings that are on display and it's freaking me out. I'm scared to keep on reading and the outcome of it. Doesn't help that I'm in the same situation with my guy friend at the moment, actually not just at the moment my whole life. I'm torn between rooting for her or not. Goddamit me it's a story let her LOVE! ahhhh! Also it's great to relate for once I needed this manga in high school mangaka-san. I hope to be Sunji (wdtfs) and win the love lottery some day and it's okay if I don't. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone who have similar feeling or thoughts like yuu? Post here and tell your opinion about your love.

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Yuu: There's no throbbing in my chest. I'm not floating up on a cloud.

Poor girl, she's been fixated on the popular infatuation point of view about love, and doesn't realize she's already started falling going down for Nanami.

I always read it the other way around. I read it as her trying to convince herself about it, but now that you mention it I think this is a more obvious interpretation. :P

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I created a TvTropes page for this. Feel free to edit it.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manga/BloomIntoYou

To reply you must either login or sign up.