Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Really good news! I'm not American, but I can always import them. I hope we still get new chapters until January comes, though.

joined Aug 19, 2012

Wait, does the fact that it's being licensed mean that this is literally the last I'll be seeing of this series here? Dangit -_-
I guess it must feel good for all of you state-side, but us Europeans really have no reason to feel happy about US-licensing! xD

Well someone might translate the nextx chapter anyway (1 away from catching up), just got to keep an extra eye out on /u/

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 12:24PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Wait, does the fact that it's being licensed mean that this is literally the last I'll be seeing of this series here? Dangit -_-
I guess it must feel good for all of you state-side, but us Europeans really have no reason to feel happy about US-licensing! xD

Well, it's going to be paperback as well as digital, so if the issue was the insane labyrinth of digital rights books, then buy paperback. I don't think anything prevents you buying it in paperback even in Europe, does it?

I've bought things in both English and Japanese I first read here.

Also, Nakatani Nio is a relative newcomer:

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6616-bloom-into-you-discussion?page=5#forum_post_98443

So it's pretty exciting that Nakatani's getting licensed in English. Nurturing a talent is an important part of keeping talented people producing.

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

I live in Argentina and we can't import anything from the usa. :/

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Citrus is licensed and Yuri Project are still working on it, aren't they?
I guess the decision of continuing the scanlation is theirs, and whether Dynasty removes the uploaded chapters or not also depends of YP asking them to.

Scantalations of Citrus (YP) have slowed to non-existent, ever since the licensing announcement for it. I really hope the same thing won't happen for this series. Since the first volume will only be released next year after all.

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 2:45PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Here's a couple of hopelessly naive suggestions. Maybe you could get it imported from Canada instead of the USA? (Would that actually work?) Or maybe a little later, you could buy a used copy from somewhere in South America?

Sorry, I don't know the situation so these were just a couple of thoughts that occurred to me. If there's any chance they could actually be useful, you've probably already thought of them yourself.

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 2:52PM

joined Aug 25, 2013

I live in (Brazil) a situation similar to the imports, what prevents me from import are interest rates. They almost double the original price in Japan, when it is not the double, is three times!

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 9:47PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I don't know if this applies, but if I buy through amazon.jp I pay 2 x the shipping and around 1.5 x the cost as if i go through other japanese suppliers. In fact, the way amazon encouraged people with an app to go through brick-and-mortar bookstores and scan the volumes and then order them online, that's how I handle amazon japan. I find some things in english or japanese there, then order them through someone else. Just a thought. I especially resent their shipping rates from japan.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

As someone who also lives on Brazil I must say that it's not worth import anything from US right now, $1 is R$4 now, I wanted to buy some licensed mangas, but x4 the original price is too much, not to mention shipping and any other expenses it might have.

You said Canada Yuri Girl 1001, right now $1 is R$2.90, cheaper than US but still pretty expensive depending of what you want too buy or how much of it.

1 or 2 years ago US dolar was more or less R$2.50 at it worst, normally euro was almost R$3, €1 is R$4.46 now, don't know how much canadian dolar was before, neither UK pound, but £1 is R$5.78 now, it's already some time that it's kind of complicated to import anything depending of the country it's coming from.

About buying from japan, right now R$1 is ¥28.70, is that cheap or expensive? I have no idea how yen works.

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 10:49PM

joined Aug 25, 2013

Thiaguinho-sama

If you think of an import, one of Japan's cheaper. To use the Yen to R$ always use ¥ bases in 1000, to be "effective" in conversion.
If you take into account that ¥ 1000 = R $ 34.80 (the national minimum salary is R $ 780), and the largest pre-order figures are between ¥ 8,000 ~ ¥ 13,000, this still is above average needed to keep the home needs for a month for only A person. If you think like me imports are "luxury items" of brasilera middle class.

Good otherwise the Brazilian Alfandega uses to convert US$ to R$ the same way as international shopping sites that offer in US $ are required to use (due to Br Law).
Not to mention the tax rate for imported products: everything above US$ 50 are increased by 30% to 60% interest rate, depending on the product type.

If you think a Vol of a Manga series is ~ ¥ 2,000 (R$ 69.60) still seem attractive.
"Amazon like sites" seen to be more cheaper for Eng Tranlated Mangas, but there much involved tax.
At level of curiosity a Pt-Br Translation Manga is around R $ 20.00, but often not very well seen in the actual Brazilian Otaku culture.

Import by Canada I had never thought about, I will try the next time.

(sorry any Eng Erros)

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I see I have it easy. $1 US buys about the same as ¥100 Japanese, so at the current exchange rate (strong US dollar), it's relatively cheap. And for just a handful of books, I don't have to pay import taxes, though there's a local sales tax (that's much lower than the rates you quote). Of course a strong US dollar means if you're buying from the US, you have to pay more.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Citrus is licensed and Yuri Project are still working on it, aren't they?
I guess the decision of continuing the scanlation is theirs, and whether Dynasty removes the uploaded chapters or not also depends of YP asking them to.

Scantalations of Citrus (YP) have slowed to non-existent, ever since the licensing announcement for it. I really hope the same thing won't happen for this series. Since the first volume will only be released next year after all.

I never thought that was because of the licensing, I thought it was just because it got fucking awful.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Thanks Afabreu, not that I'll ever buy a manga in japanese though, if I'm going to spend money it'll be in something I can understand...

Are we sure YP is not translating Citrus because of licensing? Because I'm pretty sure volume 3 was already being sold and they still translated magazine version of it's chapters, I'm pretty sure it's not just Citrus, but a lot of their projects are slow for lack of people to work on them, I doubt they would drop Citrus without any warning.

And for who it might interest, other readers already have a rough translation of chapter 19.

last edited at Feb 16, 2016 12:09AM

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

We'll be ceasing scanlation of the series due to its licensing. Completed chapters will remain unless parties with relevant authority request otherwise.

Scanlation of that other series is still ongoing.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I knew it. Now my favorite series will be gone for a whole year.

Man that lil gurl's a lil HARD to pry open...! O_o.... FIGHTING SENPAI! XD

joined Feb 18, 2015

zensunni
In any event, the line at the end of chapter 5 speaks volumes: "I couldn't just simply give up. But I didn't realize it at that time."

This was an incorrect translation. She actually says "I had to give up."

So is that suggesting that she had to give up and just admit she is falling for her or what? I always interpreted that line as saying that she couldn't give up being with Nanami and trying to understand what love is, but if it is actually the opposite I'm not sure how to take it. Could it be "give in" instead of give up? That is a more common phrase when referring to someone pursuing someone else romantically. I guess "give up" and "give in" are roughly equivalent in that context.

Do you have the Kanji? (I haven't seen the raws.)

Sad to hear that the scanlation is being abandoned. Especially since the second volume isn't likely to be available until well over a year from now.

last edited at Feb 16, 2016 3:53AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

I'd rather see Citrus stopped being scanlated than this, but can't do anything about it it seems. Oh well, into the forgotten pile it goes.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Another group called 4s posted chapter 9 on batoto two weeks ago. They will continue to release each new chapter a few days after Dengeki Daioh is out in Japan.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Another group called 4s posted chapter 9 on batoto two weeks ago. They will continue to release each new chapter a few days after Dengeki Daioh is out in Japan.

Wow thanks for the info!!! My day is starting to feel good again

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

On one hand, I'm happy that it's licensed but on the other hand, the thought of having to wait over a year to read the English version just about breaks me. While getting the Japanese volumes are relatively easy and affordable for me (perks of living in Singapore, where we have a Kinokuniya) but I won't be able to understand it. One more reason to learn Japanese, I guess.

joined Sep 25, 2015

So are we up to date with this series atm? Or are there more than 9 chapters released?

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

I am loving this!!

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

I spat on my laptop screen at the last line.

Well played, Koito

To reply you must either login or sign up.