Forum › A Room For Two discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

On that subject i had a question: Is Aoyama a girl or a boy ? Can't really put my finger on it.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

On that subject i had a question: Is Aoyama a girl or a boy ? Can't really put my finger on it.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch44#10
Him? Totally a dude. Hence why he later wishes they had more guys in the club.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch44#10
Him? Totally a dude. Hence why he later wishes they had more guys in the club.

For what we know, Aoyama may even be non-binary.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

As I always say when non-binary and trans stuff comes up... always assume the more likely case, which is that they are cis binary and probably straight until proven otherwise. There is no reason to jump to extremes unless the tagging or genre enables it. It's not unexpected for people to see lesbians everywhere in a yuri manga, but it makes little sense to assume they are around in most straight shows.

The same applies for non-binary people. There is really no good reason to think they would be relevant here.
With the only argument as usual being "you can't proof they aren't one" for now.

last edited at Jun 26, 2019 8:54AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Or an alien for all we know.

joined Oct 22, 2018

As I always say when non-binary and trans stuff comes up... always assume the more likely case, which is that they are cis binary and probably straight until proven otherwise. There is no reason to jump to extremes unless the tagging or genre enables it. It's not unexpected for people to see lesbians everywhere in a yuri manga, but it makes little sense to assume they are around in most straight shows.

The same applies for non-binary people. There is really no good reason to think they would be relevant here.
With the only argument as usual being "you can't proof they aren't one" for now.

Fair.

Or an alien for all we know.

A hilarious way to spin my argument against me. claps while laughing Good job!

last edited at Jun 26, 2019 10:07AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

So how does this stack up against Wife and Wife and Chatting at the Amber Teahouse?

joined Apr 6, 2019

It's not that I'm totally against it, but the syndrome of romance comics have everyone pair up ... including the grandmother's dog ... is kinda trite ^^

I'd say. You sure ain't cracking your crockery.

It's one of those tropes that's older than the deluge, I think. In TV Tropes, they list it among the Older than Dirt tropes. That is, tropes from before the alphabet was invented. Every girl in this manga will probably be paired up with someone (another girl, if at all possible) before the series is concluded.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Every girl in this manga will probably be paired up with someone (another girl, if at all possible) before the series is concluded.

Well if you expect Yukari, they are pretty much all by pair. At least for those who had screentime.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Every girl in this manga will probably be paired up with someone (another girl, if at all possible) before the series is concluded.

Well if you except Yukari, they are pretty much all by pair. At least for those who had screentime.

Hm, there's Natsuki too... unless we're shipping her with her brother Mizuki? They'd be cute together, but the pairing would be kinda incest-y.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :P

joined Oct 22, 2018

Well if you except Yukari, they are pretty much all by pair. At least for those who had screentime.

Hm, there's Natsuki too... unless we're shipping her with her brother Mizuki? They'd be cute together, but the pairing would be kinda incest-y.

I uave this nagging feeling that FBI came to your house within 10 minutes of you commenting that.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Incest aside... that would be a horrible fate for Mizuki.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Personally I ship Mizuki with the highschool teacher.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

...did they even interact once?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

...did they even interact once?

If we talk about the one with glasses then yes. When Kasumi and Sakurako went flower viewing in the school, nearly everyone come andwhen the students ask the teachers about having a sip of a beer,he said no and told to Mizuki it was the same for him and Mizuki to reply he have no interest.

Well, it's the only interaction i remember.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

If we talk about the one with glasses then yes. When Kasumi and Sakurako went flower viewing in the school, nearly everyone come andwhen the students ask the teachers about having a sip of a beer,he said no and told to Mizuki it was the same for him and Mizuki to reply he have no interest.

I'm honestly surprised you remembered that at all.
If those are the choices Mizuki's got, might as well stay single.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm honestly surprised you remembered that at all.
If those are the choices Mizuki's got, might as well stay single.

I mostly remember this because Mizuki said no one will be dumb enough to drink here while Sakurako get drunk on whiskey bonbons and start to kiss Kasumi.

joined Apr 6, 2019

I uave this nagging feeling that FBI came to your house within 10 minutes of you commenting that.

Eh, it was okay. I told them about "1 x ½" and how I shipped Asuka x Ayako as well, and they ran away in terror.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Eh, it was okay. I told them about "1 x ½" and how I shipped Asuka x Ayako as well, and they ran away in terror.

The FBI ran in terror when you told them that? What are you? Talinight?

joined Apr 6, 2019

Feh. Those thuggish government types are always pussies. They can't stand paradigm shifts. Challenge their prejudices, and...

https://i.imgur.com/9A8nAQ4.gif

That. XD

No, just joking. I stretched the truth a bit. What actually happened was this:

(ding dong)

Me: (go to door, open, see buncha FBI thugs with guns)

FBI thugs: "Surpri-ise! We're the FBI! So you thought you could read yuri manga and get away with it? Not under President Trump's watch, you won't! Haw haw! You're under arrest, lesbian slut!"

Me: "No, I'm not, because this isn't the USA. In this country, you have no authority to arrest anyone. In this country, you're just a bunch of clowns."

FBI thugs: (in a whiny voice) "What!? But but... we have guns! Some guy in Dynasty forum said that we could do anything if we have guns!"

Me: "Nope. Looks like you were bamboozled. Rule of law says I can read whatever I want, and no jackbooted thug can stop me. You bullyboys and your guns don't belong here. Why don't you make like a tree and leave?"

FBI thugs: (turn around and leave, bawling like babies, never to return)

I admit I never tried Dogbert's method. But it probably works. :P

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 7:08PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I hope you will prove your flexible superiority to their guns soon.

joined Jul 26, 2016

^That quip about all power growing from the muzzles of rifles (idr whether it's Lenin or Mao that one's attributed to) is also a profound observation on the fundamental basis of sovereignty and the rule of law, after all.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Those thuggish government types are always pussies.

Please don't raise my hopes of a fellow left-wing anti-statist being on this site.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^That quip about all power growing from the muzzles of rifles (idr whether it's Lenin or Mao that one's attributed to) is also a profound observation on the fundamental basis of sovereignty and the rule of law, after all.

I aim to please.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Absolutely, by Bismarck's mustache, better to be alone than to be jerked around by a sibling endlessly.

Especially considering the sibling in question.

To reply you must either login or sign up.