Forum › A Room For Two discussion

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Gigolette, huh...

An interesting conundrum.

Kasumi vs. Yurika: who'd win?

If they are competing for Sakurako, Kasumi wins hands down.

Yes, Kasumi wins. You can't beat true love, doesn't matter how smart you are or what tricks you use.

As a matter of fact, that's why I was so shocked when BugDevil wrote:

Sakurako could get literally any guy to fall for her if she even remotely tried.

Those are her words, saved for posterity.

Any guy. Literally any guy.

Like, a happily married man who loves his wife and family. He would abandon them immediately if Sakurako wiggles her finger at him. He has no choice, no free will on the matter.

Or a gay man who lives with his same sex partner, he would ditch him for Sakurako in a heartbeat. She's the cure for homosexuality. Her milkshake brings all the gay boys to the yard and turns them straight.

The mind, it boggles.

BugDevil fancies herself a warrior of political correctness, and will hurl words like "dumb"/"appalling"/"messed up"/"douchebag" at anyone who says anything against her dogma. It's incredible that, in her desperation to sell Sakurako as a beauty equal to Kasumi (a pet idea of hers, deemed absurd by everybody else in this forum), she ended up insulting both the faithfully committed men and the publicly gay men in the worst possible way. That's pc warriors for you.

last edited at Jun 6, 2019 1:02AM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

ok so can anyone tell me what happens in the next chapters? I'm ok with spoilers

Seriously now: ch56 is the last released.

OK thx

Also @White Rose:

You know how the story proceeds in arcs and we are now in the middle of the College arc, right?

Well, it is followed by the Graduation arc. Then come the Getting a Job arc, the Buying a House arc, and the Marriage arc.

And then, perhaps, the Science Babies arc. (Not 100% sure about this one.)

That was a dumb joke

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

The next chapters? Sure!

You know how the story proceeds in arcs and we are now in the middle of the College arc, right?

Well, it is followed by the Graduation arc. Then come the Getting a Job arc, the Buying a House arc, and the Marriage arc.

And then, perhaps, the Science Babies arc. (Not 100% sure about this one.)

Hope this helped! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡~)~☆

Science Baby Research Proposal-->Transhumanist Ascension-->Galactic Subjugation

people who say that yuri will take over the earth are thinking too small

last edited at May 29, 2019 7:31AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^While I can see the ascension happening, if only to stay together forever, I can't really see either of them bothering with subjugation.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

"Is there anything we can subjugate without having to leave the kotatsu?"

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Sakurako isn't especially smart, she has near photographic memory which is not the same

Getting a whatever degree at something social-cultural (not math or science because that's hard brainwork) and then a job as a full time cram school teacher seems ok for her

This is one of the stupidest statements I’ve ever heard.

That's very rude and insulting, you should be ashamed
Disagree with me, it's OK, but you don't have to hurl insults at ppl with different ideas

joined Apr 6, 2019

Yes, Kasumi wins. You can't beat true love, doesn't matter how smart you are or what tricks you use.

Mmm... But Yurika's strong point is seducing girls thru sex...
What if Yurika gets her claws on Sakurako before SakuKasu have sex for the first time?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Mmm... But Yurika's strong point is seducing girls thru sex...
What if Yurika gets her claws on Sakurako before SakuKasu have sex for the first time?

Kasumi moves astonishingly quickly and forcefully when a potential rival appears.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Yurika's strong point is seducing girls thru sex...

Before Sakurako and Kasumi have sex? The way I see it, no way it could happen. These two are lovers since the day they first met, in chapter 1.

I've posted about this before, I think. When they first met, Sakurako was a baby lesbian who wasn't very clear about girl-on-girl nookie, and Kasumi was a more fledged young lesbian who had a better understanding of how sex works. Sakurako was lovestruck the moment she saw Kasumi; it was love at first sight, and Kasumi obviously realized it (it happens around her a lot). Then, when they were buying furniture and Sakurako boldly suggested sharing a one-person bed, Kasumi agreed... and at that point, without putting it into explicit words, the deal between them was sealed: they were going to be roommates but also sex friends, and that was because they both wanted it and were both okay with the other as a lesbian partner. Oh, Sakurako's reasons for wanting to sleep with Kasumi are evident, of course, she was already head over heels for Kasumi - but what about Kasumi's reasons, you may ask? Well, if I have to guess, Kasumi's reasons were: "She's cute in a puppy-like way, she seems to be a nice girl, she's bright and cheerful, and she clearly likes me. We are going to share a room for three years. I might as well sleep with her. It will make life easier and prevent dejection and angst and all those bothersome things I don't want to to deal with 'cause I'm lazier than Yasuda."

Then, in the three years that followed, Kasumi fell in love with Sakurako. Yes, because Sakurako is a good homemaker, reliable, hard-working, a smart woman with a good head on her shoulders, and, most important, someone who understands Kasumi perfectly and can take care of all her needs, pamper her and make her happy. Classic romantic fantasy. Only thing is, they were already lovers, and having sex all the time, when the falling-in-love happened. This wasn't how they did it in the olden times! Sigh, modernity, I swear. Anyway, you see my point: even in her high school days, if a gigolette went after Sakurako and tried to seduce her through sex, she would find that, oops, it doesn't work - Sakurako already has all her sex needs taken care of. By Kasumi. d( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)b

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Kasumi vs. Yurika

So three out of three answers are for Kasumi? Well, no surprise, I guess.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Sakurako could never be swayed. Although having someone try to take Saku away could create an interesting possessive reaction from Kasumi... Ah well, Yukiko doesn't usually stoop to such developments.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Kasumi vs. Yurika

So three out of three answers are for Kasumi? Well, no surprise, I guess.

Haha, you can't compete with this face:

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^
This... does put a smile on my face.

And to think that, just over 12 or so hours ago, I was still wallowing in my masochistic depression

last edited at May 29, 2019 3:36PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

BV, I'm really glad you got better. Remember, when you're feeling down, that we're all cheering for you to turn genki again!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

^ Yeah, what she said! :-D

joined Jul 26, 2016

"Eternity lies ahead of us, and beyond. Have you drunk your fill?"

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Last and First Lesbians

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

^While I can see the ascension happening, if only to stay together forever, I can't really see either of them bothering with subjugation.

"Is there anything we can subjugate without having to leave the kotatsu?"

if everything in the galaxy is part of sakurako's domains, kasumi will never need to go out again

Before Sakurako and Kasumi have sex? The way I see it, no way it could happen. These two are lovers since the day they first met, in chapter 1.

Do Sakurako or Kasumi really seem like the kind of people to be having sex in their first year of high school, when canonically neither of them had interest in romance before meeting the other?

I know young people have sex, but that seems really early for them, considering their circumstances.

last edited at May 31, 2019 8:08AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Yeah. While it is plausible they already did do it off-screen by this point, it's doubtful they did it as early as White Rose suggests.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^It's a pet "theory" of hers, that nobody really agrees with. It's better not to stir that pot.

last edited at May 31, 2019 11:13AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Fair

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ I'm very thankful you shared this with us.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

^^ I agree with BV, good post

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Please move discussion of film unless it directly relates to A Room For Two to the Dynasty Cafe thread.

Since I have already given a warning about this, I have accordingly removed the last post from both Fairypixie24 and Nene.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Aw.

To reply you must either login or sign up.