Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

cipp posted:

MacySan

I find it nice though, how Seol-A admits that she's actually trying to seduce No-Rae xD

Not sure if I'd want to see this in canon since it might be a little OOC, but I'm just imagining a montage of Seol-a trying a million different classic/tropetastic seduction techniques on No-rae and every single one of them failing miserably (and hilariously)

OMG cipp I'm waiting to see it hahahhahahha
... from you

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 4:34PM

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Halmoni

(side note: looks like a box is cut off? or my laptop won't load it properly? either way if I'm missing something will add later)

Looks the same here, could be a page not loading.

Thanks for the translation.

God this thing is slow.

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 5:09PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

MacySan

I find it nice though, how Seol-A admits that she's actually trying to seduce No-Rae xD

Not sure if I'd want to see this in canon since it might be a little OOC, but I'm just imagining a montage of Seol-a trying a million different classic/tropetastic seduction techniques on No-rae and every single one of them failing miserably (and hilariously)

To be honest it wouldn't feel OOC to me actually. I mean she looked pretty flirty when she was putting her make up before going to confess in front of the mirror. Also she had flirted with No-Rae before, like some early chapters where she showed her legs on No-Rae and asked her if she was looking at them lol (the scene where they were going to an art exhibition on the bus)
But yeah, No-Rae would definitely (pretend to) be oblivious to it again.
I just wish a guy hints on Seol-A in the next chapter so No-Rae get a little jealous lol. We need to see No-Rae getting frustrated too

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan posted:

Seol-a is now at the stage of "What if a confession ruins our friendship?"

Congrats for evolving from the "What is this feeling?" stage.

This isn't even her final form!

I can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic or hilariously failing at being funny

But I'd advise against posting shit like this if your only goal is to bring non-constructive negativity to this discussion

I'm trolling you. Specifically you. Because I dislike the way you try to silence criticism of your favorite series by calling anything that deviates from mindless praise "shit" and other names.

And that, my friends, is getting Nya-chan a topic ban for the week. Rules 1 and 4 apply.

Are you fucking serious? Nya-chan makes innocent joke. halmoni openly attacks her and insults her opinion, at which Nya-chan (rightly) gets pissed and respond with intention of annoying halmoni and she is the one getting banned from topic? Not to mention that is exactly what halmoni is doing. It wasn't the first time she outright insult other peoples opinion when they don't agree with her and don't praise FF as best thing ever. She is uploader but that doesn't mean she is free to do whatever she wants.

If you don't fix your shit Nezchan I'm not going to watch patiently anymore and I will do everything so you will stop being mode.

18%20-%20eternal%20flame
joined Jun 18, 2015

Seol-a is past does No-Rae feel the same, she is now at the point of how do I ask/or get her in my bed!YAY!

joined Feb 28, 2016

Are you fucking serious? Nya-chan makes innocent joke. halmoni openly attacks her and insults her opinion, at which Nya-chan (rightly) gets pissed and respond with intention of annoying halmoni and she is the one getting banned from topic?

Completely agree

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Halmoni

(side note: looks like a box is cut off? or my laptop won't load it properly? either way if I'm missing something will add later)

Looks the same here, could be a page not loading.

Thanks for the translation.

God this thing is slow.

I dont think so. Boxes/bars like that is what Ssamba usually uses to indicate time skip. A lot of times she just didnt complete all the borders, i think its her deliberate choice.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And that, my friends, is getting Nya-chan a topic ban for the week. Rules 1 and 4 apply.

All posts from you between now and next Sunday in this thread will be deleted.

Asking others not to reply to their existing posts, since it's not fair while they can't respond.

JUSTICE PREVAILS ty Nezchan

I don't have anything against FF criticisms, but please keep it civil. Don't expect people to reply to you in a respectful manner if you don't show the same respect. Sarcastic or patronizing remarks =/= disagreements about the actual manhwa (i.e. "Yawn totes nothing happened in this chapter again AS USUAL" =/= I'd prefer if Ssamba changed the pacing of the story or if we could see more development of X").

Seriously, that's not cool. It's kinda dirty pool to be making a post about them when they're not able to respond, and that applies to everyone.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Halmoni and Nya-chan, I'm amenable to letting this drop if the two of you are willing to leave each other be, at least for the near future. Both of you go back to neutral corners and no more jabs in either direction, that cool?

(and yeah, no problem with Nya responding to this)

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

It's funny how there is more emotion going on in the discussion than in the actual series this week. So many good comments by everyone.
I love sarcasm and thoughtful comments equally. I love contrast in opinions and unity in thought.
It's a very bland world when everything is the same.
It's more fun to say that's different, and it's okay.
That the Ssamba can make readers invested in the characters is a wonderful credit to Ssamba as an author. That's what I want. I want to read series that make me, and others get emotional and care one way or the other about the characters.

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 6:48PM

joined Feb 1, 2016

It's funny how there is more emotion going on in the discussion than in the actual series this week. So many good comments by everyone.
I love sarcasm and thoughtful comments equally. I love contrast in opinions and unity in thought.

Really? I think Seol-a's going through some pretty tough emotions this week it's just that the emotion going on in the discussion is more 'heated' at the moment haha

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Really? I think Seol-a's going through some pretty tough emotions this week it's just that the emotion going on in the discussion is more 'heated' at the moment haha

Hmmm, well let's just say that with Seola-a it's much more about inner turmoil. I wonder if she's really at a point now.... Where she could confess again? Remember earlier she almost did confess. But now, she seems so embroiled in her own emotions and insecurities, I don't know if she could confess.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

What @Nevri said is right. And I don't think Nya-chan's comment would deserve to be called "shit" from Halmoni. Halmoni said she didn't have anything against FF criticisms, but god look what she did. @Nya-chan, if you have to refrain yourself from commenting what you want just because the uploader herself and only her doesn't like it, I don't think it worths for you to come back next week. How unfair! Ban me too if you want, I don't care.

I really don't come to this forum anymore, but I still read the site, somehow I got here thanks to a friend and.. i have to say I agree with the person agreeing with Nevri, this is favouritism and it's super lame, like, are you 13 yo? :P

Now i go back to do other stuff and not coming back until,well I am very bored, but in the meantime hooray for people standing up against such unfair treatment!!!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

We all already knew that Seol-A dated and had sex with different guys, but she has never been in love with them. I dont think anyone minds, right? Haha. Pretty sure No-Rae did it with her ex too.

what's more,she thought she loved him! hahahaha

Oh pretty sure No-rae loved him, cus you know, people love other people sometimes before the current love interest in plots, right

To be honest No-rae probably isn't a virgin either considering that she was with her boyfriend for a reasonable amount of time...
But really who cares man, everyone have done things in the past, plus they're in their 20's they're not some shounen-manga high school students

YES, thank you. Seol-a and No-rae are both grown-ass women, let's treat them as such.

Also, bi/pan people exist yo.

^^^^^^^^^^^
People need to remember that it happens and is perfectly normal/okay.
I don't get all the fuss, it's like saying past relationships/experiences somehow invalidate everything they're feeling now

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 8:38PM

joined Aug 10, 2015

We all already knew that Seol-A dated and had sex with different guys, but she has never been in love with them. I dont think anyone minds, right? Haha. Pretty sure No-Rae did it with her ex too.

Oh pretty sure No-rae loved him, cus you know, people love other people sometimes before the current love interest in plots, right

To be honest No-rae probably isn't a virgin either considering that she was with her boyfriend for a reasonable amount of time...
But really who cares man, everyone have done things in the past, plus they're in their 20's they're not some shounen-manga high school students

YES, thank you. Seol-a and No-rae are both grown-ass women, let's treat them as such.

^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't get all the fuss, it's like saying past relationships/experiences somehow invalidate everything they're feeling now

I could kiss you in the mouth right now. Full frontal.

Like, I just wish folks would have a lil faith in Soul-a and No-Rae (or any main character-s in a Yuri manga) when a male character shows up. I'm not one to like bananas in my pudding (though banana pudding isssss the shit) but I understand it usually serves a purpose to develop mc, provide context, or move the story along. The endless depths of angst and fret still exist between No-Rae and Soul-a y'all. I've learned the happiest you can be with a story is when you have no expectations and just enjoy the ride. Ssamba has provided a pretty sweet ride so far, imo.

joined Sep 21, 2014

^^^^^^^^^^^

Like, I just wish folks would have a lil faith in Soul-a and No-Rae (or any main character-s in a Yuri manga) when a male character shows up. I'm not one to like bananas in my pudding (though banana pudding isssss the shit) but I understand it usually serves a purpose to develop mc, provide context, or move the story along. The endless depths of angst and fret still exist between No-Rae and Soul-a y'all. I've learned the happiest you can be with a story is when you have no expectations and just enjoy the ride. Ssamba has provided a pretty sweet ride so far, imo.

Hahahahaha you made me choke xD
But oh man, in the last chapters/arc, when the ex first showed up and people were so freakin upset, I mean, yeah it's annoying, Seol-a just made her mind up about confessing, YET I don't think they realised how it was so important for him to show up. He wasn't just some douchy cliche'd ex that broke her heart, he was the guy that she loved and broke her heart because I forgot what (like he was a coward or something/drama). He was the reason No-rae was so broken and went abroad in Australia for some time (which was the reason Seol-a and No-rae share the same classes iirc)
It was really important for him to show up, because as fine as No-rae seemed, she needed to be on good enough terms with him, and become stronger, to show that she moved on and such, that she has found someone new, and that Seol-a matters more (I would have said when Seol-a got into the skiing accident and No-rae ditches the guy without a second thought, but that was a pretty obvious thing to do, but regardless, it was important that she did).
Yeah the story has been going on for pretty long now, but I honestly don't mind, their relationship has been built up so nicely. Sure they have feelings and it could have just jumped there, but it wouldn't have be as meaningful, their relationship has gone so far, they've come to care for each other so strongly. I really dig that their friendship, almost independently from their romantic attraction to one another, has developed to such lengths, so strongly.

TL;DR: Exes are annoying but ex was overall important to No-rae's character development
Length of FF and and all of the elements it could introduce thanks to it is what makes memorable and pleasant, what built the characters up

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 9:26PM

joined Aug 10, 2015

^^^^^^^^^^^

Hahahahaha you made me choke xD
But oh man, in the last chapters/arc, when the ex first showed up and people were so freakin upset, I mean, yeah it's annoying, Seol-a just made her mind up about confessing, YET I don't think they realised how it was so important for him to show up. He wasn't just some douchy cliche'd ex that broke her heart, he was the guy that she loved and broke her heart because I forgot what (like he was a coward or something/drama). He was the reason No-rae was so broken and went abroad in Australia for some time (which was the reason Seol-a and No-rae share the same classes iirc)
It was really important for him to show up, because as fine as No-rae seemed, she needed to be on good enough terms with him, and become stronger, to show that she moved on and such, that she has found someone new, and that Seol-a matters more (I would have said when Seol-a got into the skiing accident and No-rae ditches the guy without a second thought, but that was a pretty obvious thing to do, but regardless, it was important that she did).
Yeah the story has been going on for pretty long now, but I honestly don't mind, their relationship has been built up so nicely. Sure they have feelings and it could have just jumped there, but it wouldn't have be as meaningful, their relationship has gone so far, they've come to care for each other so strongly. I really dig that their friendship, almost independently from their romantic attraction to one another, has developed to such lengths, so strongly.

TL;DR: Exes are annoying but ex was overall important to No-rae's character development
Length of FF and and all of the elements it could introduce thanks to it is what makes memorable and pleasant, what built the characters up

People get a good story and go ape shit about all of what's wrong with it (and plot development- all this god**** plot stirring in my yuri pot). I think we've just been spoiled with stuff like Citrus (although I enjoy that story for what it is) and just don't know how to act when we get something that's a keeper.

We've been abused by bad Yuri y'all.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Kinetik_09

We've been abused by bad Yuri y'all.

Amen

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Okay, I feel like I have to throw my hat into the ring here. Though it looks like some other people already covered some of this because I was too slow writing this up.

Yeah, halmoni probably shouldn't have taken the "bait" (as Nya-chan themselves called it) and escalated things, and also shouldn't have made that comment post-ban (though Nezchan already responded to this) but "I'm trolling you, specifically you" is a pretty clear-cut violation of rule 1?? There was nothing ambiguous about that and Nezchan took appropriate action as a mod. This isn't kindergarten, let's drop the "but they started it first!" finger pointing. Don't worry, Nya-chan will be back in this thread next week before you know it (and if you really can't wait until then, you can find them in other threads).

I'm not saying FF is flawless by any means, but it's been established MULTIPLE times that many of the "flaws" some people keep bringing up (i.e. slow pace, presence and role of side characters including, god forbid, ex-boyfriends!) are, for others, what makes FF so engaging, enjoyable, and different from most other f/f series. So it comes down to a matter of taste, and yet people for whom FF is very much NOT to their taste keep reading anyways, get frustrated, then come here to repeat the same complaints over and over again, as if it will somehow make ssamba change FF to cater to them. Or alternatively, they seem to want to emphasize that they have objectively superior taste (i.e. see Nya-chan's use of "mindless praise","you're delusional", etc.)

What seems to happen every week:

• Person 1: They still didn't kiss? What was the point of this chapter? Ssamba obviously doesn't know what they're doing and they're just going in circles.
  • Person 2: *writes long and detailed explanation of what the chapter revealed in terms of character development, how it contributes to the story, etc.*
  • Person 3: *clearly didn't bother to read or respond to preceding discussion AT ALL* Nothing happened this chapter! FF is such a goddamn drag, _______ series is so much better.
  • Me: *pulls out my hair in frustration*

Let's just say I'm running out of hair...

Anyways, on a lighter note. @MacySan oh yeah, no doubt Seol-a is naturally flirty as heck. It's just that the scenarios I was thinking of were really silly ones that probably would push things into OOC-ville. idk, for example (a really dumb example because I tried to think of one on the spot) Seol-a purposely spills food on herself while over at No-rae's apartment, as an excuse to take off her shirt in front of No-rae (and show off her hot bod + specially-bought-for-this-reason bra). But while taking off her shirt, the spilled food ends up getting on her face in a decidedly not-sexy way that just ends up making No-rae lose her shit laughing... though once Seol-a leaves, No-rae has to go take a cold shower ;)

P.S. @ieeheh, I'll leave the actual execution of that montage to some other intrepid soul. I've already procrastinated too much today as is -__-

last edited at Mar 7, 2016 8:14AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

cipp

Anyways, on a lighter note. @MacySan oh yeah, no doubt Seol-a is naturally flirty as heck. It's just that the scenarios I was thinking of were really silly ones that probably would push things into OOC-ville. idk, for example (a really dumb example because I tried to think of one on the spot) Seol-a purposely spills food on herself while over at No-rae's apartment, as an excuse to take off her shirt in front of No-rae (and show off her hot bod + specially-bought-for-this-reason bra). But while taking off her shirt, the spilled food ends up getting on her face in a decidedly not-sexy way that just ends up making No-rae lose her shit laughing... though once Seol-a leaves, No-rae has to go take a cold shower ;)

I could totally see the scenario in my head... especially No-rae lost her shit laughing yet had to take a shower afterwards hahahha

@cipp, you were the one who typeset Ssamba's 50 shades of Baek Seol-a, you should know better that you could have fun with your ideas too. There's no OOC-ville in "50 Shades" town *wink wink lol

P.S. @ieeheh, I'll leave the actual execution of that montage to some other intrepid soul. I've already procrastinated too much today as is -__-

Another time... another time...

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Am I the only one not seeing people acting all "ughh males" here?, I mean, I have seen like 2 posts (I don't even remember them) about it. I have seen more posts complaining about that but maybe you aren't talking about posts in this forum haha.

Anyway, I liked this chapter. I liked seeing Seol-A hiding the fact that she was talking about a woman with her friend (she was all "this person" instead of adressing the fact that she in love with a girl), it seemed pretty realistic. But poor girl, she is so frustrated, though we already knew that. She is only afraid of ruining their friendship but it seems like she knows there's been intimitate moments between them.

At this moment, I'm really not sure who is going to make the next step. Seol-A is afraid but No-Rae is probably more afraid than her. It seems complicated and pretty realistic.

I want something to happend when No-Rae gets a little drunk, but I can't expect anything anymore. After all, ssamba could just make them have an intimate moment again and then they'll act like nothing happened because of fear. So I'm just gonna wait for the next chapter with my mind in blank haha.

edit: I have just realized that if No-Rae is a little more direct about what she feels, like if she tries to kiss her again or something similar, Seol-A will most likely give the last push and be really direct with No-Rae. So No-Rae needs to do something, at least according to what I'm seeing.

last edited at Mar 7, 2016 1:09AM

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

edit: I have just realized that if No-Rae is a little more direct about what she feels, like if she tries to kiss her again or something similar, Seol-A will most likely give the last push and be really direct with No-Rae. So No-Rae needs to do something, at least according to what I'm seeing.

I agree. We all saw and know that Seol-a is willing to do anything to be with No-Rae, yet this chapter we also clearly saw she's scared- frightened -not just of ruining their friendship but most of all of hurting No-rae or doing something she wasn't fully consenting to.
I think that as sad as it is it's beautiful that she's worrying about No-rae so much.

Which is why No-rae needs to be the one to make a move or Seol-a will only get more and more frustrated and hurt.

last edited at Mar 7, 2016 1:53AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Which is why No-rae needs to be the one to make a move or Seol-a will only get more and more frustrated and hurt.

No-rae's just as afraid tho
Remember when she literally fled thousands a miles away back to her hometown
I don't really know how it would go down, it'd take a huge amount of guts from either to do anything
Perhaps that's the problem, that they overthink. (The Pride and Prejudice almost-kiss wouldn't have happened if they were consciously making a move)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

kimbaeknoraesoela made a typeset on tumblr
http://kimbaeknoraesoela.tumblr.com/post/140614145103

The images got resized by Tumblr when displayed on the page/dashboard, so some are quite blurry. You could right click on each image and open the image in a new tab by itself, you'll be able to see the bigger version.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Which is why No-rae needs to be the one to make a move or Seol-a will only get more and more frustrated and

At this point I think it has to be No-Rae that breaks the tension, or at least does something to relieve Seol-a's doubts. At the moment I'm on team sobriety. I'd rather not go through 60+ chapters only to end up with a liquid courage trope. But who knows, maybe Ssamba can write it in a way that will be surprising and refreshing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.