Forum › Posts by madlax232

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Those ssamba post Made me so happy, Im so happy she read the emails, and even received gifts and handwritten letters, keep sending your emails guys :D thanks to Halmoni for the translations.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/146092242457/how-to-send-messages-to-ssamba-on-naver

Awesome! Thank you for that. This'll make things a whole lot easier, especially since I was about to say, that it would be a while before I could write the letter, since I came home today to be greeted by a bunch of pressing issues I'll need to attend to the next few days. -.- Now we can just all send our messages to her personally whenever we have the time. ^^

This. Thanks, Halmoni. I'm in my final weeks of the semester and it's been hard.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I also agree with the last few posts. Do we have a deadline? I havent been able to leave my own message I barely have time this week.

I really hope we can reach ssamba ;A;

last edited at Jun 15, 2016 4:26PM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Damn, thanks for the translation. I'm still sad. This forum wasnt loading for me yesterday so I was unable to read. I dont know anyone who speaks korean... But do you guys remember our other translator? The SNSD/Taeyeon fan, maybe we can try to reach her. I dont remember her tumblr but I'm sure someone here does.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

http://blog.naver.com/ssambasoul <-- the link to her blog in case anyone wants to check it out

It's an extremely sad news, and it seems like the cancer has already spread and is already terminal. I have no other words, just hope and pray for the best for Ssamba. :(

The new official art makes me kind of happy and sad at the same time ;;

Terminal? Are you sure? I feel like in denial. Oh God... I can't. This is really sad.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Hey guys according to twitter, ssamba posted on her blog that she has Cancer... I'm so sad, it seem like she went through surgery already, I dont know how severe it is. Hopefully we get a full translation soon. She also posted SeolRae new official art, that kinda hurts me </3

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

no news about FF yet? Jesus, this makes me feel sad lol. I'm missing fluttering feelings a lot these days.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Hey all. Good to see this thread isn't completely dead :)

I've been reading a bunch of series to try and pass the time while FF is on hiatus... browsed the entire Dynasty directory once, then relaxed my filters (i.e. I usually nope out immediately if I see moe art, generally don't bother with high school stories, etc.) and went through it again...

It's mostly been an exercise in discovering all my storytelling pet peeves lol. And also in being weirded out a lot... but I did end up finding a few stories I liked. Nothing that quite hits the same spot as FF though :(

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's done this recently. I came across a cute one called Cirque Arachne, found some other gems. But miss FF very much.

I've been doing this too, or reading doujins of some of my ships haha. But I miss FF. Its really strange but I've been feeling too lazy to continue reading another manhwa I like since ssamba went on hiatus, but now I feel bored without reading anything.

I'm missing FF so much :((

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

How many weeks since the last update has passed?
I hope ssamba is doing better now, resting. I've hope that by time the Facebook event finishes, she'll update again. /prays

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Have you guys all seen this fanvid? (from the FF fanworks thread a few months ago) If FF was animated I could see this being the opening/title sequence. The tone is the complete opposite of the comico video though haha.

Kisa: It's weird though, the voices never quite match the ones in my imagination. It's always like that when I read something first, then watch it in film. The voices don't always match what I thought they sounded like.

Same here! Well actually, it's more like I don't usually think about what a character sounds like but 99% of the time my instant reaction upon hearing it is "nope, don't know what I was imagining but it sure wasn't that!" Then either I slowly get used to it or it ends up being a dealbreaker. For the comico video, I'm on the fence about Seol-a's voice but No-rae's is really not working for me... the animation is awesome though, it's really cool how they worked off of ssamba's original lineart.

I cant see the vid, maybe because Im on my phone?

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Haha, we're on the same boat, the voices in the video didnt match with the voices in my imagination.
EDIT EDIT
Thanks ieeheh And thanks to Halmoni too
Now I understand why the voices sounded different when I thought it was the same. I think both fit No-Rae and Seol-A, though Seol-A sounds a bit older haha.

Anyway the video was so nice, with the music and all, it made me want to see FF getting animated, but I know it wont happen /cries

Im also missing FF a lot, but maybe when the Facebook event finishes, ssamba will update again.

last edited at Apr 27, 2016 6:35PM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

This place is dead :((

Anyway, guys have you seen that video comico released? It was a short animation of FF, with voces and all that.
is it for promotion? I wish I knew what it said
Here's the link to the video https://www.facebook.com/comico.kr/videos/1025649450849155/

Can i post this link, right?

Oh how I wish to see something as beautiful as FF getting animated ;A;

last edited at Apr 27, 2016 1:58PM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Nooooooo, why? Poor ssamba, whats wrong with her? Anyway I dont think FF wont get updated again or anything, Im just sad that we have to wait and also because she was indeed too sick.

I hope she gets better soon, it must be stressful and sad for her too, she might feel she is letting down readers, or making them lose interest in the story. And she definitely loves FF.

Anyway I'll wait for her, wishing for her full recovery.

last edited at Apr 19, 2016 10:31AM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Hope she gets well. If this ends up like nana im going to be so disappointed. (Please, Please get better)

What happened to nana?

Ai Yazawa got sick and Nana has been on hiatus since 2009.

Wow... I would assume its dropped. Thats really sad.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Hope she gets well. If this ends up like nana im going to be so disappointed. (Please, Please get better)

What happened to nana?

I'm missing FF a lot, my sunday are just not the same. I'm deprived. I hope ssamba is doing better now <3

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

What else are you all reading?

Wdtfs... I was reading Lily Love too but I dont like waiting too much for translations and the story is bit too cliché, so Im not that into it. Im just waiting for it to be finished, or something.
Are there more yuri stuff?

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Whats the reason?

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

No chapter will be out today, I can't read Korean to save my life but I know a non-chapter post when I see one cries

What, seriously? I thought people were joking :/

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

sesnta y ocho!

http://imgur.com/a/rLskI

also, a song to cool off and begin a new monday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJD-im_4xNI

Good day people :)

Muchas gracias!
And thanks Halmoni for the translation!

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I'm probably in minority here but Sung-pyo did nothing wrong. He is a nice guy who used to date No-Rae and still cares about her, so he wants to ensure that she is fine. What's wrong with that?

He would be far more of an ass if he just threw No-Rae on the bed and left. Or only took her as far as the door and left. Please stop blaming characters just cause you still need yuri googles to get the yuri juice. Or just cause he is a guy. If roles were reversed, you would be squealing from joy.

It's not like he knows that Seo-la fancies No-Rae, neither has No-Rae told him off. What he did, is what any civil person would do. I do understand why Seo-la was annoyed but from a complete onlookers point of view, there was nothing wrong.

Either way, it seems like we are getting another gradual set up. Hopefully it'll finally cross some kind of line and we won't have to wait another 30 chapters for another set up.

You know what? Its far more annoying when someone implies the only reason people dislike the actions of a male character in a yuri story is because he is indeed a male character or ex lover.
He is a nice guy but I found him pretty annoying, and not because "eww, ex male lover here again ruining my yuri!"

Lol.

Edit: like it's been mentioned, what I disliked was his comment to Seol-A, extended his stay because he felt like maybe he could take care of No-Rae better.

Though I'm so happy he did that because then we got Seol-A marking her territory, haha!

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 12:12PM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Thanks cipp. Im glad Seol-A practically kicked him out. I mean seriously, he wanted to stay and he isnt close to No-Rae now, how annoying.

At first when she left the room I was so afraid she was going to leave and abandon Norae to him, but as you said, thankfully she was very determined not to give up her personal space to him.
He's such a douche!

I was also afraid for a second when she left.
I dont think he is a douche, but he is pretty annoying. He helped No-Rae get home and that's great, but when he went inside her place and actually wanted to stay, just because he is the ex even though he doesnt even talk to No-Rae now... I can totally understand Seol-A behavior.
This is the first time I actually disliked him.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Thanks cipp. Im glad Seol-A practically kicked him out. I mean seriously, he wanted to stay and he isnt close to No-Rae now, how annoying.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

No matter what, I feel like Seol-A having short nails is going to have a greater meaning for later, like its pathing the way...?
No-Rae already has short nails, right? Hehehe
Wait I'll laugh in korean
Kekekekek

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I'm kinda thinking (hoping) Seol-a implied he should go away.

I think she did
And OMG whats this about the nails?

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

When you can't make head or tail, or have to build a fantasy, about what the characters think or why they act the way they do and about where the story is headed, it's not a question of taste, it's just bad writing. Only the characters save this in my eyes.

Even pro mangaka do bad writing sometimes. I'm not casting stones at Ssamba, as I can't write or draw for the life of me, but as a reader of thousands of stories, I can tell she lacks experience and would have needed an editor to help her straighten her storytelling. That's my honest opinion.

If she ever writes something else I hope she will improve.

When there aren't discussions about what the characters think or why they act the way they do and about where the story is heading, that's actually worst. It means there's isn't interest in the story. 'Building fantasies' or how I'd call it, sharing theories keeps a story and the group of people interested in it, alive. That the fun part.

FF has it's bad moments, definitely, but I wouldn't say the plot is badly written. And I do think this is a matter of opinion, you've been saying FF has bad writing for a while anyway.

Like you mentioned before, the characters are the best part of FF. To me, No-Rae and Seol-A are part of the best characters in a yuri story, manga or anime. That fact alone is enough for FF to not be badly written, imho. Unless ssamba suddenly kills one of them, or something.

FF could be better, yes, it has lost good opportunities, yes (I've complained about the story sometimes) but it's a good manhwa, a manhwa that makes people share long posts about what they like, about what they hate, rant, praise. There's a lot of interest in the story that doesn't even have a single kiss yet, haha that says a lot.

Of course I agree that if ssamba keeps running in circles for 10 or more chapters I'm going to change my mind, but for now, everything could be better, but is good enough for me.

last edited at Mar 14, 2016 3:55AM