Forum › Posts by kimchikid

joined Feb 1, 2016

http://youtu.be/nTYYYor2Zfw
I wonder if you guys have seen this? It's a music video by a famous girl group from Korea. (Released by SM, one of the biggest entertainment companies in Korea in regarding Kpop!) It's LGBT and reminds me so much of FF

I'm so glad South Korea is coming to acceptance towards LGBT people :))

last edited at Mar 22, 2016 10:42AM

joined Feb 1, 2016

I'm probably in minority here but Sung-pyo did nothing wrong. He is a nice guy who used to date No-Rae and still cares about her, so he wants to ensure that she is fine. What's wrong with that?

He would be far more of an ass if he just threw No-Rae on the bed and left. Or only took her as far as the door and left. Please stop blaming characters just cause you still need yuri googles to get the yuri juice. Or just cause he is a guy. If roles were reversed, you would be squealing from joy.

It's not like he knows that Seo-la fancies No-Rae, neither has No-Rae told him off. What he did, is what any civil person would do. I do understand why Seo-la was annoyed but from a complete onlookers point of view, there was nothing wrong.

Either way, it seems like we are getting another gradual set up. Hopefully it'll finally cross some kind of line and we won't have to wait another 30 chapters for another set up.

You're not the minority trust me.
People are just a bit annoyed by him cause of his comments towards Seol-Ah.
Everyone knows he's a decent, nice guy.
It's just that his comments were a bit careless as Seol-Ah is a close friend of No-rae's.

joined Feb 1, 2016

Thanks @cipp :))

I thought Sung-pyo was nice but he seems pretty low in this chapter. I mean "what if you accidentally scratch No-rae"?
Like dude, what are you suggesting? That you take her clothes off instead? Just go home.

I think he felt nostalgic about being at No-rae's place of residence again and wanted to linger. Notice how he doesn't start changing No-rae when Seol-a goes to the bathroom. He just wants to extend his stay.

From the "..." after he leaves though maybe he realized the gay feelings happening and may become malicious, competitive, investigative, or resigned.

Ah that makes more sense.
Alright Sung-pyo you're back in my nice guys list again. Even though you're still kind of annoying.

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 11:35AM

joined Feb 1, 2016

Thanks @cipp :))

I thought Sung-pyo was nice but he seems pretty low in this chapter. I mean "what if you accidentally scratch No-rae"?
Like dude, what are you suggesting? That you take her clothes off instead?

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 11:36AM

joined Feb 1, 2016

Ok someone needs to translate this ASAP cause even No-rae noticed Seol-ah's nails I can't

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 10:19AM

joined Feb 1, 2016

When you can't make head or tail, or have to build a fantasy, about what the characters think or why they act the way they do and about where the story is headed, it's not a question of taste, it's just bad writing. Only the characters save this in my eyes.

Even pro mangaka do bad writing sometimes. I'm not casting stones at Ssamba, as I can't write or draw for the life of me, but as a reader of thousands of stories, I can tell she lacks experience and would have needed an editor to help her straighten her storytelling. That's my honest opinion.

If she ever writes something else I hope she will improve.

Let's just wait till the ending and then we can judge. You've mentioned that you're a reader of thousands of stories right? Then you should know already that many stories may even surprise you in the end, and it's not always predictable. Sometimes the author's true motives only becomes obvious with the ending. So please don't judge so hastily just yet, especially when Ssamba still hasnt had the chance to end the story herself.

Its good to provide constructive criticism, however, don't forget to also appreciate that Ssamba is trying really hard each week to write us a lovely lgbt story that doesnt have sex as its main focus.

If you look for faults, you will always find them.

last edited at Mar 14, 2016 4:29AM

joined Feb 1, 2016

madlax232 posted:

Nya-chan posted:

In my opinion, FF jumped the shark after No-rae's bus accident. That life threatening experience should have accelerated things between them.

Yup. That is exact point after which I stopped reading it, cos even after it there was no progression.

That makes no sense. Seol-A realized her feelings after that. There was a lot of stuff for Seol-A going on after that. If you werent paying attention, that's definitely not the story's fault.

And yet there was no progression. I actually disliked the accident and it pushing them together would be weird and unrealistic to me, but it did make Seal-A more aware of her feelings and then... went nowhere. The fact car accident ended up being 100% pointless was what turned me off to series. After that we learned about "sad past" of Seal-A, her best friend dying in next accident and it all started to feel so forced at this point. When instead of any progress, we got flashbacks to Seal-A past I just rolled my eyes and wasn't able to keep on reading it anymore.

I think you guys need to consider the society that they live in. Although Ssamba doesn't show this, but South Korea is still a pretty conservative country. It's not as easy going out of the blue to confess to the girl you like as it is in the West. There are lots of things to consider.

joined Feb 1, 2016

Flustered Seol-a is adorable! my friend said Norae said something to Seola that made her fluttered. I don't see why some people r so bothered with the ex. their romantic relationship is over-Norae has moved on. I am perfectly fine with them remaining friends. The ex is a decent guy.

Everyone knows she's not going back with the ex. And that, eventually, something more will happen between Seol-a and No-rae. It's a foreordened thing. Nobody believes a second it's going to be a het ending.

But many people, me included, would have liked to see them going on about their lives as a couple.

As it is, it will end with the end of the "some" situation, when they get somewhat together.

It is Ssamba's story and we can't always predict what's going to happen in the end. Let's just wait and enjoy the ride instead of trying to guess the ending and becoming dissapointed each week. Ssamba might even surprise us. Who knows.
It's like if you're watching a movie and trying to guess whats going to happen next all the time. It ruins the fun.

There is a big difference though!
In a movie the whole story plays out for you in a couple hours. In a weekly series such as this, or movies with sequels , you have a long time to dwell on what's happened so far, and what WILL happen. So please don't judge people for looking ahead.
I myself enjoy the story as is. Do I sometimes wish the ex would move to Antarctica ? Sure. Do I wish that I could see them interact as a couple in society. You betcha! Does this make me a bad person for thinking about their future ? No.
But, I so do enjoy the story as is. And will withhold judgement until the end.
We all see things a little different.

Yes yes you're right
But I just don't want people to make assumptions and end up being dissapointed and bitter every single week, you know?
Its all too pesimistic, we need more positivity

joined Feb 1, 2016

@cipp thanks for the translation! <3

joined Feb 1, 2016

jmv posted:

But many people, me included, would have liked to see them going on about their lives as a couple.

This is Ssamba's story. I'd be fine with Ssamba leaving up to our imagination of how Seolo-Norae going about their lives after becoming a couple. I really enjoyed this series so far. So I think I will enjoy the rest of the series.

I'm on the same page. I really like Ssamba's storytelling style.

Same. I often think people expect too much or are too hasty of the storyline. I enjoy the pacing so far. I think it's actually the one thing that makes FF stand out from the rest of yuri manga/manhwas

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 11:27AM

joined Feb 1, 2016

Flustered Seol-a is adorable! my friend said Norae said something to Seola that made her fluttered. I don't see why some people r so bothered with the ex. their romantic relationship is over-Norae has moved on. I am perfectly fine with them remaining friends. The ex is a decent guy.

Everyone knows she's not going back with the ex. And that, eventually, something more will happen between Seol-a and No-rae. It's a foreordened thing. Nobody believes a second it's going to be a het ending.

As it is, it will end with the end of the "some" situation, when they get somewhat together.

It is Ssamba's story and we can't always predict what's going to happen in the end. Let's just wait and enjoy the ride instead of trying to guess the ending and becoming dissapointed each week. Ssamba might even surprise us. Who knows.
It's like if you're watching a movie and trying to guess whats going to happen next all the time. It ruins the fun.

joined Feb 1, 2016

It's funny how there is more emotion going on in the discussion than in the actual series this week. So many good comments by everyone.
I love sarcasm and thoughtful comments equally. I love contrast in opinions and unity in thought.
It's a very bland world when everything is the same.
It's more fun to say that's different, and it's okay.

Really? I think Seol-a's going through some pretty tough emotions this week it's just that the emotion going on in the discussion is more 'heated' at the moment haha

joined Feb 1, 2016

To be honest No-rae probably isn't a virgin either considering that she was with her boyfriend for a reasonable amount of time...
But really who cares man, everyone have done things in the past, plus they're in their 20's they're not some shounen-manga high school students

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 10:12AM

joined Feb 1, 2016

"Did No-rae always have a friend like that?"

Yeah they would've been more than friends by now if you weren't there to cockblock