Forum › Their Story discussion

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Cannibal posted:

Still betting that the sweet potato scene was an extra as well.

Pretty sure it was, in the previous chapter didn't it say "SJ didn't come that day/night" so it wouldn't make sense if she indeed appeared after all

I believe that's just a glitch in the translation. Different languages often have different ways of phrasing things, with nuances that defy a direct translation. In the sweet potato scene, Qiu Tong had Sun Jing's jacket from the previous night, she asked about the "business" that caused Sun Jing's delay, and when she finally gets there, Sun Jing gives Qiu Tong this look that says "I need to make sure I cherish this girl". At the very least, it's definitely meant to be the next time they meet.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Signs all over the Thai airports...Banned hazardous items: guns, knives, corrosive chemicals, explosives, and ... durian. Makes me wonder a little about their tastes.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

If anyone can read chinese and has any news kn why the author hasnt continued the man story please let us knooow

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I want a girlfriend... to punish me like this. ^_^

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

The French kind of compensation obviously.

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I want a girlfriend... to punish me like this. ^_^

Better then being punched for forgetting to take out the trash.QQ

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Signs all over the Thai airports...Banned hazardous items: guns, knives, corrosive chemicals, explosives, and ... durian. Makes me wonder a little about their tastes.

Lol, I totally understand that. Durians taste awfull :P

joined Nov 27, 2017

Help, my little gay heart can't handle the last few panels.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Has the story run out of steam? Or are the last few updates just side things before the main story returns?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Has the story run out of steam? Or are the last few updates just side things before the main story returns?

I am hoping they are side stories, though even then, I am starting to be a little disappointed. Sure, these are all cute, but after the whole first-kiss-is-a-big-deal-after-all-this-time-plus-fangirl-drama angle has been systematically built up for several chapters, to be followed by a series of unconnected little episodes is starting to grate on my nerves, to be honest. Especially episodes such as this, if you are not going to continue the main story with the two leads, at least give me more stuff on the side characters, they also interest me. And if you are going to give me the main couple, then give me the main storyline from where we left of, not a random snippet from who knows how far into their future.

Nothing against these little scenes per se, they are cute, but I probably would have appreciated them better at some later date, after the current big theme got a little more spotlight.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, it turned into a Slice Of Life, instead of building romance between the two.

We already knew they end up together, but come-on, what's important is not the destination, it's the journey.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I am hoping they are side stories, though even then, I am starting to be a little disappointed. Sure, these are all cute, but after the whole first-kiss-is-a-big-deal-after-all-this-time-plus-fangirl-drama angle has been systematically built up for several chapters, to be followed by a series of unconnected little episodes is starting to grate on my nerves, to be honest. Especially episodes such as this, if you are not going to continue the main story with the two leads, at least give me more stuff on the side characters, they also interest me. And if you are going to give me the main couple, then give me the main storyline from where we left of, not a random snippet from who knows how far into their future.

Nothing against these little scenes per se, they are cute, but I probably would have appreciated them better at some later date, after the current big theme got a little more spotlight.

Well I'll take these vignettes over another 100 year basketball game, but I'm starting to worry that the author doesn't have a plan moving forward after the kiss. Even before then, the plot seemed kind of like it was written on the spot from chapter to chapter. Now we're right in the middle of the story, and it seems like it has nowhere to go.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Eh, the author has been going through drama with the publisher of the book version of their comic being censored by the government, so maybe this is their way of coping? I am also eager to return to the plot, but it's not like this is the first time the series ever had out-of-sequence intermissions.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

In any event, QIU TONG THAT IS NOT HOW POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT WORKS.

joined Apr 10, 2016

Lol, I totally understand that. Durians taste awfull :P

Hmm it's delicious
Btw. I want the main story :3

Flag-001
joined Jan 30, 2018

Cute but we need more of the main story.

Logo-ubuntu_st_no%c2%ae-white-hex
joined Apr 23, 2013

The main story is a foregone conclusion at this point, give me more Tattletale's weird life. Mo Xiaonan is just a spanner in the works from nowhere.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I love this couple-y slice of life stuff.

坛九:

我真的很喜欢 “SQ从你的名字开始”,我想以某种方式以书的形式获得它。

joined Mar 25, 2015

Eh, the author has been going through drama with the publisher of the book version of their comic being censored by the government, so maybe this is their way of coping? I am also eager to return to the plot, but it's not like this is the first time the series ever had out-of-sequence intermissions.

Was gonna mention this as well. They probably have a lot on their plate right now in terms of mental stress and actual solution searching around the fact that they can't share what they want to in the physical. So I feel like this is the alternative to not getting anything at all while the author sorts things out personally and with the publishing.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

So, it turned into a Slice Of Life, instead of building romance between the two.

We already knew they end up together, but come-on, what's important is not the destination, it's the journey.

I could really do with more stories that focused a bit more on the destination. I'm kind of tired of the old "and then they got together the end." It's one of the reasons I really like Kase-san.

joined Feb 21, 2018

These are cute and all but come on, did this story really need this much filler?

These are cute and all but come on, did this story really need this much filler?

u mean did “their” story

yall know if the antigay govt has to do with the slow updates

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Was gonna mention this as well. They probably have a lot on their plate right now in terms of mental stress and actual solution searching around the fact that they can't share what they want to in the physical. So I feel like this is the alternative to not getting anything at all while the author sorts things out personally and with the publishing.

I'm just hoping it doesn't signify that they have basically been forced to knuckle under and getting deeper into things is now banned.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I'm just hoping it doesn't signify that they have basically been forced to knuckle under and getting deeper into things is now banned.

I doubt it, because it was the paper edition that ran into censorship problems. The webcomic itself already had the confession, the kiss, and the whole low-key romance in between, without any problems. It is actually that confession scene which is causing the current difficulties, and that was ages ago in the web issue of the story.

That being said, I would almost prefer at this point the author just stops releasing these little snippets, because every time I see them, my main reaction is disappointment over it not being a continuation of the main story and that titbit of drama which accompanied it. Which is a shame, because these are still cute, and were they released later, I would have thoroughly enjoyed them. As is, what would otherwise have me go "waah, cute", is now causing a reaction more along the lines of "and now, the main couple walks over a puddle, great".

last edited at Mar 7, 2018 1:38PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.