Forum › One Who Depicts Love discussion

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

I really like this one. :) It was refreshing.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Wow. This story made me love the characters. The writer girl is one of the most interesting characters I've seen in a while.

Image%20(1)
joined Aug 15, 2014

The friend's reaction to the book is a little surprising, considering she knows it's based on her friend. The natural assumption is that the artist who falls for another woman is Hanako, and the girl who she loves but is in love with someone else must be Kozue, without knowing that it's actually the author falling for Hanako. But she seems pretty unaffected by the idea of her best friend being outed as a lesbian in love with her.

Just naturally unflappable, maybe?

solo leelo y no te preocupes de lo demas (realmente no creo q en ningun momento dan a entender que es en su amiga sino que solo la toma como modelo la escritora para una historia de amor o al menos eso entendi yo) es una hermosa historia. DISFRUTA XD.

joined Aug 20, 2011

i felt relate to the story kyaaa~ ❤️
my first time to write a post here btw

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Lovely story another in my "needs sequel" list.

The friend's reaction to the book is a little surprising, considering she knows it's based on her friend. The natural assumption is that the artist who falls for another woman is Hanako, and the girl who she loves but is in love with someone else must be Kozue, without knowing that it's actually the author falling for Hanako. But she seems pretty unaffected by the idea of her best friend being outed as a lesbian in love with her.

Just naturally unflappable, maybe?

solo leelo y no te preocupes de lo demas (realmente no creo q en ningun momento dan a entender que es en su amiga sino que solo la toma como modelo la escritora para una historia de amor o al menos eso entendi yo) es una hermosa historia. DISFRUTA XD.

No creo que mucha gente te endienda aqui si no escribes en ingles lol pero pienso lo mismo.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Wow, it was so cute~ I'm glad they could be happy together.

last edited at Oct 11, 2014 4:56AM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I have mixed feeling on this one.
Something in this story pissed me off somehow.
But in other hand the novelist is quite likeable.

Ba6830e9-5391-43ab-838d-9b1794f709e7
joined Jul 8, 2013

This is pretty much one of the best (short) yuri romance stories I've ever read. Think I've read it 8x already. Fantastic.

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 9:51AM

joined Oct 12, 2013

P.S. Two errors noticed. P7 - "writ", P18 - "for forever"

I'm gonna go with "for forever" being colloquial moreso. I'd definitely say it in passing.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

That 14's page, I almost cried. Masterpiece.

SeifukuGirls
Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

I'd like a Yankee tag. I could definitely get into it.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

It's sweet and an enjoyable read but frankly, the main character's moving on from her long-time best friend/crush was too abrupt. It cancelled out most of the potential angst. Of course, I may just be in one of those moods as an optimistic perspective in a story, one like this where "it all works out in the end", isn't necessarily bad. I guess it disappointed only because it flipped my expectations on me.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 2:37PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

It's sweet and an enjoyable read but frankly, the main character's moving on from her long-time best friend/crush was too abrupt.

It's just the pacing. It's implied that Fumi and Hanako never saw each other for a long time after the library incident.

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

wahhh so cute wish they make more of it

joined Apr 15, 2013

"Please do not do this." (p15)

That line combined with her expression always makes me burst out laughing. Anyways, I really love this one for some reason.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Adorabbbllleeee

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

"Please do not do this." (p15)

That line combined with her expression always makes me burst out laughing. Anyways, I really love this one for some reason.

I know right, it was so adorablleee~

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

I took it as the book was just written without mentioning the sex of characters except Heroine. In japanese you don't have to use gendered pronouns or verbs. So it's entirely possible that this, coupled with Kozue being a bit dense, resulted in Hanako's feelings remaining hidden.

joined May 27, 2017

really love the story (and Aki with her dead-look eyes / whatever it called)

9/10 will re-read this

*why !? why 9/10 !?
uhm, you see, I hate triangle love lol

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

Very cute. Most only complaint I have is the frequent issue among one-shots where the story ends just as the relationship begins. Otherwise good. Always a fan of the deadpan stare.

Seisa_6853icon
joined Dec 16, 2015

I find yankee characters to be a little awkwardly forced most of the time, and this is no exception, but the plotline is creative so I enjoyed it.

People who usually haven't had their trust returned are often some variation of this if they're stubborn enough.

I really like this kind of character, seemingly emotionless, but just bad at expressing it. There should be a tag for this, not sure how to call it though.

Good description! Maybe dandere? That's one of the more common traits of autism, though it's definitely not universal or exclusive to it (don't tag it as that haha). More due to having difficulty figuring out or expressing emotions (in a way that doesn't get you ostracised) than not having them. Both (figuring out and expressing) can be learnt, but take a lot of concentration, so it's often much more enjoyable and less stressful to remain comparatively blank, unless you're around people who understand you or people really misinterpret you.

The characterisation in this is really good, and I love it when characters actually think. Emotionally intelligent writing~ Only bit that was slightly unbelievable was falling in love through a book.
Love all of the characters! The bit where Kozue ignores what she's told about the protag struck a chord, and Fumi is way too cute. Way too much of this reminds me of my past.

last edited at Mar 2, 2018 3:34AM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Love how Fumi describes a writer...

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

It's sweet and an enjoyable read but frankly, the main character's moving on from her long-time best friend/crush was too abrupt. It cancelled out most of the potential angst. Of course, I may just be in one of those moods as an optimistic perspective in a story, one like this where "it all works out in the end", isn't necessarily bad. I guess it disappointed only because it flipped my expectations on me.

Why too fast? After the "I don't want to see your face again" and the publishing of the book - are surely months past..

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Ahh one of my favourites has been featured. It's so refreshing to read this again. I don't really understand people who say it's rushed. The story clearly pans out for a couple of months.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Tbh i could see the ending coming from a mile away buT THAT DOESN'T MATTER CAUSE IT WAS FRICKING ADORABLE

To reply you must either login or sign up.