Forum › Posts by appletreepear

appletreepear
Seisa_6853icon
joined Dec 16, 2015

Three translations in the space of three months. Tis a glorious season!

Seisa_6853icon
joined Dec 16, 2015

According to Baka-Updates their site's still up: http://yuzuremon321.blog.fc2.com/
No posts since 2013 though.

Everything I know about Touhou is from doujins or wikipedia, but I really like this!

appletreepear
Niwakaame discussion 20 Dec 12:06
Seisa_6853icon
joined Dec 16, 2015

It might've been changed to Fahrenheit in translation? The art in this is so good, especially sparkly Konata (pg.s 16 & 21)

appletreepear
Seisa_6853icon
joined Dec 16, 2015

I find yankee characters to be a little awkwardly forced most of the time, and this is no exception, but the plotline is creative so I enjoyed it.

People who usually haven't had their trust returned are often some variation of this if they're stubborn enough.

I really like this kind of character, seemingly emotionless, but just bad at expressing it. There should be a tag for this, not sure how to call it though.

Good description! Maybe dandere? That's one of the more common traits of autism, though it's definitely not universal or exclusive to it (don't tag it as that haha). More due to having difficulty figuring out or expressing emotions (in a way that doesn't get you ostracised) than not having them. Both (figuring out and expressing) can be learnt, but take a lot of concentration, so it's often much more enjoyable and less stressful to remain comparatively blank, unless you're around people who understand you or people really misinterpret you.

The characterisation in this is really good, and I love it when characters actually think. Emotionally intelligent writing~ Only bit that was slightly unbelievable was falling in love through a book.
Love all of the characters! The bit where Kozue ignores what she's told about the protag struck a chord, and Fumi is way too cute. Way too much of this reminds me of my past.

last edited at Mar 2, 2018 3:34AM

appletreepear
Seisa_6853icon
joined Dec 16, 2015

Ouch, so sorry to hear. In case she uses PayPal, I'd make a donation, seeing how much enjoyment I got out of reading her works here.

Count me in, "One Who Depicts Love" is one of my favourite stories here. Might still buy one of her newer manga, but I'd prefer what I'd pay for shipping to go to her instead. Wish the kindle versions were available here so I could get them all!

appletreepear
Honey Crush discussion 04 Dec 23:54
Seisa_6853icon
joined Dec 16, 2015

I loved this manga, except for the ending gah Never liked reading tragic stuff (even though this is more bitter sweet), prefer to leave that to real life, and preferably not even that. See and think about it too much as is.

Why couldn't Kyouko pay the exorcist to bind Mitsu to her or something? And do regrets made as a ghost not count? e.g. not getting to stay with Kyouko. I seriously thought that's where this was heading ahhhh

Thanks for sharing the extra pages above! Can't read them, but Mitsu being in heaven makes things a bit more definitive. I'm almost tempted to write a doujin that shows the aftermath where Kyouko can't stand it and employs the exorcist to use forbidden rituals to summon Mitsu, or something like that. The priestess/hobbyist could try to stop them but fall in love with the exorcist and realise she wouldn't want to be separated either haha

last edited at Dec 5, 2017 12:20AM

appletreepear
Seisa_6853icon
joined Dec 16, 2015

Is this still being updated/published? Can't find anything on it

appletreepear
Seisa_6853icon
joined Dec 16, 2015

Holy jeebas this manga is horrifying. Just read up to where it's translated because of the announcement.. and I just don't want it to get worse :s
Needless to say, I'm not a fan of drama haha (why did I have to get attached to the characters?)
If I was Yuma at this point I'd fight to the death to protect Hotaru!