Forum › Stretch discussion

joined Oct 13, 2014

T-T

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, I'm getting a better idea that Keiko is going away related to her job. Probably some temporary transfer where she'll be away for some extended period of time. And since it's her apartment that Ran can't afford alone, they have to vacate entirely. I'm not feeling the depression so bad since this is pretty clearly a separation that allows both to sort their feelings out, although Ran's got a pretty firm grasp on hers.

idk, it might not work out but if I were writing a yuri story of this nature, this is probably how I'd handle it.

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

WHY is she moving away? URGH

seriously, why is she?
i am so damn confused.
i didnt know it would be this easy to make a manga seem like it is for sure yuri, while at the same time it is %100 not.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Okay, I'm getting a better idea that Keiko is going away related to her job. Probably some temporary transfer where she'll be away for some extended period of time. And since it's her apartment that Ran can't afford alone, they have to vacate entirely. I'm not feeling the depression so bad since this is pretty clearly a separation that allows both to sort their feelings out, although Ran's got a pretty firm grasp on hers.

idk, it might not work out but if I were writing a yuri story of this nature, this is probably how I'd handle it.

Or if you want to look at it from a pessimistic point of view, Shou got tired of writing it and just wants to be done with it :P Also if it was temporary, I doubt Ran would say "I wish we could have stayed longer together"

I wouldn't be surprised if Ran went to live with Saki, and the twist would be when Keiko goes to visit some time in the future Ran and Saki are together :P

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Or if you want to look at it from a pessimistic point of view, Shou got tired of writing it and just wants to be done with it :P Also if it was temporary, I doubt Ran would say "I wish we could have stayed longer together"

I wouldn't be surprised if Ran went to live with Saki, and the twist would be when Keiko goes to visit some time in the future Ran and Saki are together :P

Her going away is temporary, they made that clear in the previous chapter. So they can't stay together while she's away, and no guarantee they'll live together when she comes back. Besides which, Ran is drunk and hurting right now so she's probably not looking at whatever will happen down the road but the fact that after tomorrow she'll be alone.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

WHY is she moving away? URGH

seriously, why is she?
i am so damn confused.
i didnt know it would be this easy to make a manga seem like it is for sure yuri, while at the same time it is %100 not.

Page 4 pretty heavily implies she's moving because of work, but he really should have made that a lot more clear.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Her going away is temporary, they made that clear in the previous chapter. So they can't stay together while she's away, and no guarantee they'll live together when she comes back. Besides which, Ran is drunk and hurting right now so she's probably not looking at whatever will happen down the road but the fact that after tomorrow she'll be alone.

I don't know, to me it implied that she's moving for good. Unless I'm not picking up on something that definitely points to it being temporary. The one good thing at least is that Keiko and her ex talked properly, and hopefully we'll not see him again, or if we see him the next time he's got a woman he loves :P

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't know, to me it implied that she's moving for good. Unless I'm not picking up on something that definitely points to it being temporary. The one good thing at least is that Keiko and her ex talked properly, and hopefully we'll not see him again, or if we see him the next time he's got a woman he loves :P

Well, I suppose he could start dating Ran now that she's available.

Too soon?

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Too soon?

That would be my nightmare. But the author might just do that to troll his fans further for thinking this manga is yuri. I would laugh if at the end both Ran and Keiko are in het relationship. That would be the ultimate troll of all trolls.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Too soon?

I'LL FIGHT YOU

On a separate note, can someone confirm that it's a "him" in "So you broke up with him for good this time, huh?" It might be my inner denial, but did I miss a time skip where Keiko got back with her ex?

last edited at Sep 30, 2015 7:09PM

joined Jan 4, 2014

Too soon?

Though art evil Nezchan... :p
(although I did choke on my tea when I read that)

I suspect there will be a tearful but very frank confession just before Keiko leaves, one that makes it unmistakably clear how Ran feels, forcing Keiko to seriously consider what she has subconsciously avoided admitting to herself so far. Cut forward until after her assignment, and she will have sorted out her feelings, hopefully returning to Ran to confirm that they are mutual.

Then again, I tend to try to be optimistic...

joined Mar 25, 2013

On a separate note, can someone confirm that it's a "him" in "So you broke up with him for good this time, huh?" It might be my inner denial, but did I miss a time skip where Keiko got back with her ex?

She never got back together, but they didn't have a proper talk after the miscarriage. So here Keiko confirms that they did have that talk, after Ran prodded them when Keiko and Saki went to see her and stumbled upon him there.

I suspect there will be a tearful but very frank confession just before Keiko leaves, one that makes it unmistakably clear how Ran feels, forcing Keiko to seriously consider what she has subconsciously avoided admitting to herself so far. Cut forward until after her assignment, and she will have sorted out her feelings, hopefully returning to Ran to confirm that they are mutual.

Then again, I tend to try to be optimistic...

Somebody has to xD I'm clearly the negative force on this forum, always thinking the worst :P Though Nezchan takes it to a whole other level. Even if it is mainly trolling :P

last edited at Sep 30, 2015 7:25PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

So I agree with Nez...it has to be temporary, because they were joking about Keiko coming back with a new dialect last chapter.

Also, I can't believe no one's explicitly called this out yet...THE PARALLEL OMG RAN

Dream

Reality

last edited at Sep 30, 2015 7:24PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Page 4 pretty heavily implies she's moving because of work, but he really should have made that a lot more clear.

unless this is a wishful thinking of the translator. The Japanese version is really cryptic here - literally she says "because I need to stay strong/fight hard/persevere (ganbaru) and step back or aside/quit/resign (doku)"
And this can mean so many things depending on the context... could be job-related, could be relationship-related, could be whatever else. And of course there's some kind of default context that a proper translator (unlike me) is aware of. But given how heavily Shou relies on subtext, he could easily put multiple meanings behind the phrase... Guess it's time for me to watch Lost in Translation again.

yes, she literally says that in Japanese

last edited at Sep 30, 2015 7:34PM

Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

lol

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

nah.. sorry.. forget what I wrote above... I confused two lines... better go to sleep now...

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Shou

Just rip my heart from my chest and take it.

I don't need it where we're going...

=|

last edited at Sep 30, 2015 7:38PM

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

It's very clear, Keiko unambiguously and totally broke up with her ex - I think when they broke up initially it was somewhat unclear what their status was due to the circumstances. It's not that she was ever back with him but that there was no clean break the first time.

The Japanese is きっぱり別れた (kippari wakareta) which is very clear.

joined May 7, 2015

A short moment of confirmation has become a total sadness..... Why did you have to do this, Shou. Why..... T_T

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

"How do you feel about it? About living apart from your spouse, I mean."

Saki, in all her cathartic glory, asking the real questions the yuri fans are thinking. A true friend. Ran's semi-desparate last-minute flirting broke my heart. That poor girl.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

whelp RIP me if it just ends like this who wants my account cuz i wont be needing it.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Saki, in all her cathartic glory, asking the real questions the yuri fans are thinking. A true friend. Ran's semi-desparate last-minute flirting broke my heart. That poor girl.

Especially if you think about the flirting as her try to make the dream she had a reality.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Well that clearly ruined my good day

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

So I agree with Nez...it has to be temporary, because they were joking about Keiko coming back with a new dialect last chapter.

Also, I can't believe no one's explicitly called this out yet...THE PARALLEL OMG RAN

Dream

Reality

Wakes up and applauds this post

Wow what the hell.

Goes back to sleep, etc.

last edited at Sep 30, 2015 8:26PM

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

Especially if you think about the flirting as her try to make the dream she had a reality.

Push that knife deeper, damn you.

"Don't make it sound like we're a married couple!"

Hahaha, this sounds like someone who's being teased by a high school friend about someone she's hiding feelings for.
Wait a minute...

To reply you must either login or sign up.