joined Aug 2, 2015

Yuri is dead.

Here here

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yuri is dead.

Here here

We can always give birth to new one. Sooooo, who is up for sex?

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Yeah, Shou the writer really fell down on the job on that one. The last three chapters has major events happening off camera (the decision to move, the breakup, etc.) with little more than a mention at best, leaving the reader completely confused. It's not that there's mystery, it's that a bunch of this shit makes no sense and we have very little to go on.

Major events happened off-camera all the time, it's about how the people react to those circumstances

Nobody is telling anything here because special attention is put on Ran this time, not the circumstances for things that are currently going on.

90% of the time it we talked what Ran to Keiko is, now we get a short glimpse at a reversed situation

last edited at Oct 1, 2015 10:55AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Remember when this was about teaching to properly stretch? Good times.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Major events happened off-camera all the time, it's about how the people react to those circumstances

Nobody is telling anything here because special attention is put on Ran this time, not the circumstances for things that are currently going on.

90% of the time it we talked what Ran to Keiko is, now we get a short glimpse at a reversed situation

The major events that happened off-camera were the ones that were in the past, we're in the present :P And even then they were showed more than what was about to happen instead of really, really sneakily sneaking hints at what was to happen that people had to go back after it happened to see it.

I think it's the first time though that something isn't implied and is outright said, i.e. when Ran said "I wish we had more time" before this everything else was made into subtext. The only other thing that really happened was when Keiko had that nightmare when she was sick and Ran let her cry on her shoulder.

I don't know how he'll do another volume of 11-ish chapters when Keiko is going away and the entirety of the manga is about their interactions. If it is indeed ending I think there would be 4-6 chapters more max, next chapter we see the goodbye (with nothing much said, most likely just leaving it to be analyzed as usual) one or two chapters for Keiko and one or two chapters for Ran and then the ending would be again one or two chapters. That is if it's indeed the end of the manga.

last edited at Oct 1, 2015 11:13AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Yuri is dead.

Yuri will never be dead!! It will thrive persistently in the hearts of the yuri-fans! *sniff *sniff

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

In retrospective, reading this today was not the best of my ideas.

I need fluff. Fluff and cuteness and hapiness!! With yuri, of course!!

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

The major events that happened off-camera were the ones that were in the past, we're in the present :P And even then they were showed more than what was about to happen instead of really, really sneakily sneaking hints at what was to happen that people had to go back after it happened to see it.

Wrong

Ran. Beach. Phonecall. "I'm so glad" tears of relief

joined Jun 12, 2015

Flips tea table

Walk away in the sunset cursing Shou

joined Mar 25, 2013

Wrong

I don't think the beach really counts, since she was used as a sacrifice and the phonecall was about her family, not about Keiko.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wrong

Seriously, when you need Homestuck-level reading between the lines, parsing vague references and recalling details months after the fact, you're not communicating well. The last three chapters or so have been a case of Shou neither telling or showing, which he's usually been at least decent about throughout the rest of the series.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Wrong

I don't think the beach really counts, since she was used as a sacrifice and the phonecall was about her family, not about Keiko.

What sacrifice? The little boob grabber? I am talking about this

joined Mar 25, 2013

Still though, she's shown watching the horizon and nothing else, and again it was about a thing that happened in the past and it was still about her family, not Keiko.

last edited at Oct 1, 2015 11:23AM

Untitled
joined Oct 4, 2014

i've made a huge mistake
should have stop when i saw there is no yuri tag

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Still though, she's shown watching the horizon and nothing else, and again it was about a thing that happened in the past and it was still about her family, not Keiko.

oh come on, not everything in Stretch is subtext. Here is a collection of Ran's feelings presented in a pretty straightforward fashion:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch27#2
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch29#7
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch32_5#7
and her dream of course, from which it's absolutely clear what kind of fantasies she has about Keiko
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch41#2

Or let's call Ran's words in the last chapter subtext too - it's not like she said, "I love you", after all, right?

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch42#5
Yet another thought how this TV show is about Keiko and Ran as opposed to Keiko and her Ex. Wow Shou, you really nailed it on the double meaning. Guess you can call it a well-hidden foreshadowing.

joined Mar 25, 2013

^ My point was that all the major events that happened in the past have been shown, and all the major ones that happened when they were already living together were also shown. The only ones that were not shown were Keiko's talk with the ex where they broke it off for good, and the decision to move.

Almost everything besides that has been subtext besides the Valentines one, even Ran was confused about the dream, and the last chapter where she basically said she's gonna miss her does not equal "I love you" if that's what you were getting at. Don't get your hopes up and then when they are blown into smithereens go off on how it's not fair.

I'm also hoping for them to get together, but the initial thing was that Shou did a poor job of showing that Keiko was moving when previously he's been really good with it.

Edit: For the new post, because I was ranting about nothing really meaningful. At first it seemed that it was about Keiko and Ran, but then you could clearly see that Keiko was thinking about her ex, it was yet another egging on from Ran for Keiko to talk to her ex.

I forgot what I was talking about even..

last edited at Oct 1, 2015 1:36PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

So sad... So much drama... so little stretching!

They will end up together, I trust. Ran just needs to chase after her. Once she finishes her degree, nothing is stopping her from looking for a job where Keiko lives, right?

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

^ Why do you think Ran was "confused" about the dream? She seemed more wistful to me.

Honeyview_190197%20(3)
joined Dec 16, 2013

For a loli hentai mangaka, Shou's pretty good at inciting sadness in my heart

Loli hentai mangaka? Shou? Discards the thought as heresy, the ramblings of a madman

Curious and despite the gnawing sense of dread googles if such is true. Finds one such doujin...dies inside.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

^ Why do you think Ran was "confused" about the dream? She seemed more wistful to me.

It is because she said "weird dream"

joined Mar 25, 2013

How does that

Seem wistful? Looks more like "what the hell?!" to me.

last edited at Oct 1, 2015 2:16PM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Herp derp, looks like I made a skimming error.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

gay way
When she realizes her feelings was too late.
Poor Ran

last edited at Oct 1, 2015 2:35PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.