Forum › Frostbite discussion

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

This bitch really has the nerves to tell the mc to get marry also and pretending to care about her kid now after wasting 6 years. Like bitch you deserve to get slap harder and multiple times in front of everyone, lmao.
Also Mc piss me off. She should've at least gotten some of her money back and left her broke. Instead of being "understanding" Her having mother issue really fucked her up good.

I agree. Not a story I particularly enjoyed, but one definitely worth telling, if you get what I mean.

Also, "It only takes one day to die by my hand. It'll take sixty years to die in this place." is cold af.

It's what now? How the hell is a single-income lower-middle-class household supposed to save up that kind of dough in 6 years?! (Or, really, any dough at all) I guess things are different in China from North America?
(that said, the details of what the amount, um, amounts to are appreciated)

Not really. The chinese economy is experiencing a downturn into stagnation right now, with youth unemployment skyrocketing, a housing bubble that just burst (I vividly remember a photo of a whole city of half-build high-rise skeletons, abandoned mid-construction at the world press photo exhibit), a completely botched pandemic response, trade wars with all important nations besides Russia (which is basically a colony of theirs by now anyway) and an overall disfavourable demography. So things aren't going exactly splendid over there.

Perhaps I miscalculated; this was about the amount I of money I got in total over three years of my stipend in university (plus free rent for a dorm room) and I remember it as something you can get by on if frugal. Setting such amounts aside over the course of double the time with an actual job didn't seem far-fetched.

last edited at Aug 1, 2024 2:42PM

joined May 3, 2014

BTW, I googled the exchange rate, and apparently the amount that she stole is equivalent to about US$14,000. So she didn't exactly get rich off of this.

LMAO what ? do you even know how much they even make in china? you might think that ain’t nothing in US or EU but i ASSURE YOU, it’s not the same as what most Chinese people make!

ESPECIALLY, as an factory worked were they are payed even bloody less

last edited at Aug 1, 2024 2:40PM

joined May 3, 2014

This bitch really has the nerves to tell the mc to get marry also and pretending to care about her kid now after wasting 6 years. Like bitch you deserve to get slap harder and multiple times in front of everyone, lmao.
Also Mc piss me off. She should've at least gotten some of her money back and left her broke. Instead of being "understanding" Her having mother issue really fucked her up good.

what money back? are you the one blind or something? how will she get it back? wait for the bitch to return it? she CLEARLY has no intention of doing that shit, so leaving and stop the whole thing was the best solution for her!

the ending wasn’t as sad as people think it is, she got over her abandonment issues and never fall in love again so that doesn’t seem to be an awful ending

joined Apr 15, 2013

what money back? are you the one blind or something? how will she get it back? wait for the bitch to return it? she CLEARLY has no intention of doing that shit, so leaving and stop the whole thing was the best solution for her!

the ending wasn’t as sad as people think it is, she got over her abandonment issues and never fall in love again so that doesn’t seem to be an awful ending

Some people would rather not be alone until their dying day. Those people would likely find it quite sad.

joined Feb 22, 2018

So that’s how it ends? Everyone sad and miserable? Damn man.

Hey, no murder so that’s a positive right?

Of course not. Because it's the PARTY'S perogative to determine if children are allowed to live or die. The little girl is unregistered because she was born in prison. If a child isn't registered with the local CCP authorities, that child doesn't exist legally. She can't go to school, see a doctor, have legal housing, or get a proper job. This is the consequence of China's now defunct One Child Policy. Now she is an only child, but it costs a lotta RMB to register her ex post facto, because of fines for hiding the child's birth from the authorities, and there's the fact that the parents are paroled criminals which will result in more fines. Plus a few hands may need to be greased as the paperwork makes its way up the chimney, because at any point someone can object to the application. Mom and dad are scum, but they live in a pitiless totalitarian society that treats its chattels like a disposable resource, and being scum is sometimes the only way to survive being thrown out.

Remember there is no mass morality (traditional thought) because the Revolution did away with that. And if there is no mass morality, it follows there is no mass immorality. So the individual members of the proletariat should follow the Party's example and look out only for themselves. Mom and Dad are only doing what the Party has dictated, wallowing in the soulless hedonism emanating from a debauched leadership.

This is Hell on Earth.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

They could had raise the kid togethers

D40f4d2~01-min
joined Jul 22, 2023

mass morality (traditional thought)

Hell on Earth

Okay Arcane, I guess we get what point you're trying to make LMAO

joined Oct 11, 2021

As I see it, she decided to leave without revenge for the sake of the child, particularly after she discovered it was a little girl. She didn't want yet another little girl to grow up without her mother, the way she did. That said, it is depressing that the only way she thought she could give the child a chance at a real life was to walk away and leave her girlfriend and her stolen money to try to live a "normal" life with her new husband. Bleak, but interesting.

joined May 10, 2021

Holy shit what a ride...
I guess it ended well for the MC as well?
I still feel like be been hit by a freight train... That was great.
Thanks for the translation!

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

i wish there was a sequel. Like it's now Hong Kong: Summer 1984's girls backstory and everything is happy

joined Jan 3, 2020

Some people would rather not be alone until their dying day. Those people would likely find it quite sad.

It depends on what type of person you are. For me, every mistake, every trauma, and every scar is an additional weight on your psyche that never goes away. For somebody like me, repeatedly dating to find happiness would be equivalent to repeatedly stabbing myself to try to find happiness. It would be sheer idiocy.

I get the impression that the MC is the exact same way, and the ending of this story was the point when she realized the same thing.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I wonder how old she was when she said the final lines of that story.

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

beautiful

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

Of course not. Because it's the PARTY'S perogative to determine if children are allowed to live or die. The little girl is unregistered because she was born in prison. If a child isn't registered with the local CCP authorities, that child doesn't exist legally. She can't go to school, see a doctor, have legal housing, or get a proper job. This is the consequence of China's now defunct One Child Policy. Now she is an only child, but it costs a lotta RMB to register her ex post facto, because of fines for hiding the child's birth from the authorities, and there's the fact that the parents are paroled criminals which will result in more fines. Plus a few hands may need to be greased as the paperwork makes its way up the chimney, because at any point someone can object to the application. Mom and dad are scum, but they live in a pitiless totalitarian society that treats its chattels like a disposable resource, and being scum is sometimes the only way to survive being thrown out.

Remember there is no mass morality (traditional thought) because the Revolution did away with that. And if there is no mass morality, it follows there is no mass immorality. So the individual members of the proletariat should follow the Party's example and look out only for themselves. Mom and Dad are only doing what the Party has dictated, wallowing in the soulless hedonism emanating from a debauched leadership.

This is Hell on Earth.

you're an idiot if you think life for poor ppl was worth shit pre--Revolution. neither of these women would even be literate much less independent

joined Feb 27, 2023

Actual trash ass story. Gets scammed and robbed then dates the bitch who did it only to get robbed again. This story would be so profound if I hadn't already gone through puberty. Another case of a writer thats trying to hard to be deep. Like bitch fr name her kid duoduo. Wait til he gets into middle school and evolves into dodrio.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Reuploaded without any longstrip splicing. Probably what the artist would have intended for.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I kind of wish she would have killed her just for the heck of it. Not that I had really expected her to.

Reuploaded without any longstrip splicing. Probably what the artist would have intended for.

Thank you, it definitely works better. I was thinking about this, but never got around to suggesting it in the comments.

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

Oh hey extenuating circumstances. Nice short little tragedy. Reminds me a bit of lady vengeance

last edited at Aug 2, 2024 5:51PM

Img_1426
joined Sep 23, 2022

Dog, im just being petty about it but Are you? On page 6 she says "to give her a few days since she didn't have none on her and needed to go to town to withdraw"
Wither she's lying or not, we don't know but if the mc was there to kill her then she could've been on her ass till she gets something back. Since she clearly changed her mind about kill her. Like shes with her family so what she gonna do run away again but this time with her kid even though shes getting ready to get marry, lol.
Also never falling in love again is to a lot of people sad. But hey, having no mother/abandonment issue anymore is good.

last edited at Aug 2, 2024 6:50PM

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

Ima interpret it a different way.

There’s NO WAY that slap killed her, most likely she got knocked out. And given how the MC wasn’t arrested, nothing too serious happening to the chick adds to my interpretation.

MC went back home, left the knife, never returned and never got “frostbite” again. I’m assuming “frostbite” is a metaphor (for what exactly, idk) for a negative feeling, maybe revenge or something?

Also, I feel like the words “mama had burned away with it to” (in reference to the fever) is also meant in a metaphorical sense (or CAN be interpreted that way), like how you burn letters filled with your feelings as a sign of letting go, that’s how it prolly is— and it’s also reinforced by the “I also tossed mama away in the snow” reinforces the idea that she let go of her mommy issues

And the whole “it felt like a bird had burned to death inside my stomach” could be a metaphor/symbol for her feeling of vengeance and spite, which died out upon hearing the scammers words.

Not dating again isn’t a bad thing, especially if she recognized that the reason for her dating was not out of love, but because she wanted to feel wanted. Or maybe she realized that she became unhealthily obsessed with people she dates, so she decided that she’d never want to do that again.

Or maybe it IS her just having trust issues, but is that a bad thing? I don’t think it is. Some people are perfectly fine and happy without dating, and it’s possible she still made friends and engaged with others normally.

Frostbite is definitely a reference to something negative, so her not getting frostbite again must be a good thing, and since she never went to the North again, that kid is most likely alive. Seems like a massive W to me.

MC moved on with her life, and the other chick should be alive, maybe not happy in her marriage, but at least alive.

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

She didn’t tell the MC to get married? That was the MC saying “I should let her get married” because getting married, in her mind, was a better revenge than killing her. She thought that the scammer would be wasting her life away being a mother (but upon hearing the scammer actually care about the kid’s future, the “bird burned to death in her stomach”)

She probably wanted to GTFOutta there ASAP, she prolly assumed that slap killed the scammer, (which it prolly didn’t as MC stayed in the are for 3 days and got out without any troubles with the police) and then when she got sick, she got over her mommy issues and realized there was not point in holding malice towards the scammer anymore.

To reply you must either login or sign up.