Forum › Flavorful discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

A chance encounter and bonding over a meat skewer, don't think I've seen a start exactly like this before. Also holy fuck the guy that randomly pulls up to a drunk woman and tries to abduct her, which would likely at least end in assault, he needs to get run over by a bus next chapter.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Dang, based on that cover, I was expecting a cute slice of life food series, not a first chapter that ends with an attempted kidnapping.

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Wait, one of the creators is the author of Audience with Her Majesty the Queen, which I read years ago.

And apparently this series is also released in Japanese with traditional manga format?

last edited at Feb 6, 2024 3:23PM

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

She will get a rich girlfriend
Ans that guy has a suspect face anyway

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Not enough going on in the first chapter to form a first impression yet. An awkward shut-in mangaka who saves a random woman from a rapist are two premises that I have seen often enough individually to not be blown away by them in combination.

Wait, one of the creators is the author of Audience with Her Majesty the Queen, which I read years ago.

Hmm, whatever happened to that series? I vaguely remember reading the last chapter where the protagonist leaves her school and friends behind, but haven't heard anything about a continuation since.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Go, stab him with your kebab skewer.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I know it's cliche to compliment the art, but I really do like the art. The food on the cover in particular looks great.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I technically don't have enough information to tell if it's any good, but it has a lively feel.

joined Sep 27, 2017

I know it's cliche to compliment the art, but I really do like the art. The food on the cover in particular looks great.

Nothing wrong with appreciating the art I think

joined Apr 16, 2022

What stands out to me about this chapter is the protagonist, who was portrayed as pretty selfish/judgmental (albeit understandably) until the very end. Her being somewhat flawed more than anything makes me interested in this manhua. Well that and the Bisexual tag but that's more a personal interest thing lol.

joined May 10, 2021

Holy crap the art's nice!
It seems interesting enough, but we'll see after a few more chapters I guess, this one was rather short.
Thanks for picking this up!

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Hmm, whatever happened to that series? I vaguely remember reading the last chapter where the protagonist leaves her school and friends behind, but haven't heard anything about a continuation since.

Series was complete ages ago, just no translation for the second part.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Series was complete ages ago, just no translation for the second part.

Ah, okay, thanks for letting me know. :-)

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

She ate your meat. Now you have to get married!

I REGRET NOTHING!!!!!

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

I like the MCs design a lot!

joined Sep 27, 2017

Oh hey the asshole did get stabbed with the skewer, also he's wearing crocs which to my knowledge aren't great for running, so that probably helped them escape. Also this relationship is already a mess lmao

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Hell yeah, the prospective kidnapper got stabbed!

I already love this. I'm a sucker for food-themed stories, as well as the grumpy person x cheerfully pushy person dynamic they've got going on. Can't wait to see where this ends up going.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

HAH, bitches get stabbed xD

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

Go, stab him with your kebab skewer.

You have an excellent prophetic gift!

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

1000 yuan for a bath and to let her sleep? Is she implying that they went to a hotel or is running water really that expensive in China?

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

1000 yuan for a bath and to let her sleep? Is she implying that they went to a hotel or is running water really that expensive in China?

In the previous chapter drunk Yin gave her 1000 yuan to wait together for the ride (she took it because the rent she can barely cover went up by 600 yuan), which turned into an overnight stay. Xin thought to herself that this dead-drunk stranger she unwillingly had to look and clean up after is treating her house like a B&B and concluded that for how much she's been paid she may as well add breakfast to the bed part.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Damn now I'm hungry!

Also oh dear she was an alcoholic even as small child lmao, and thank you plot convenient phone call I was wondering how the topic was going to come up haha

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, in the end, they were Roommates after all?

joined Sep 27, 2017

So, in the end, they were Roommates after all?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

This is a really funny strip. I laughed for real when she said her parents were vying for a chance to spank her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.