Forum › My Dear Lass discussion

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

Lol getting boss's best friend's daughter vibes from this but not sure yet.
Either she's super good at her job (Sixi says the farm director's got good relations with all the businesses) or everyone wonders why she's there.

I like Sixi's little jab at her about running because there's milk tea.

joined Dec 1, 2016

i like this so much omg

Ahh, another morning blessed with the neurodivergent gay. I feel like I can take on the world now! This is shaping up to be one of my favorite stories of the year, and maybe just in general too!!!

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Wow didn't expect her to be running the whole place it explains why she's lazy and doesn't get yelled at for being so while at work lol.

Also love that we got names for them and they're not just unnamed protags.

Anyone else notice when the boss asked if she could stay longer than two months Xingyuan didn't say no? That's a start!

Okay favorite panel from this chapter.. The expression on her face knowing that Mu caught up to her after being somewhat distant when she gave her name was just too cute. So glad we have a name now Xingyuan my beloved <3

last edited at Sep 11, 2022 10:07AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Farm director? So she basically runs this place, huh. Didn't expect that

Like most everyone, came here to say this as well. :D

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

This is quite cute, I love how they are instantly flirting from their first meeting as well. Looking forward to the rest (and craving some peaches now)

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Considering the poster is about a love festival, I think it would have been nice to see the translation again for the billboard. It's a bit funny to meet a cute girl underneath an advertisement for love and peaches.

Mu's expression is so different and eager on the staff board that I'm more interested in why she's so slothlike now than how the heck this woman is the Farm Director and Sixi's boss. Mu's eyes are sometimes a bit blank, as she rested against the billboard, and when she gave up on talking with Shi, I really like how the art uses eye-shine when a character is interested but in this chapter the contrasts in her expression made me expect Mu has reasons for losing her enthusiasm.

As for any above replies, I think it's useful and interesting when people use descriptive definitions to talk about art. Not much can be said about people with just hard-edged prescriptive categories, especially for gender expression, orientation, and neurotypes, all of which are usually indistinct. Mu is definitely diverging from mental norms and not straight, so that's neurodivergent and queer. Maybe we can call her a newly-aware lesbian if we're daring with our labels.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I've read many stories where the mc is the pampered princess of a kingdom and then suddenly, because of reasons, becomes the queen with absolute power. But that doesn't change the fact that she is still a lazy and spoiled kid... so her ministers and close assistants are the ones who actually do all the hard work while constantly scolding her and trying to get her to become a diligent and competent ruler. But of course she doesn't wanna -- and spends her days shirking responsibilities and having fun.

I would never have guessed that this sort of thing could also happen in a Chinese farm.

joined Apr 6, 2019

I would never have guessed that this sort of thing could also happen in a Chinese farm.

Maoism ain't what it used to be. :/

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Maybe it's cause I'm old, but the current obsession with labeling everyone to death turns me off. She is who she is. Can't someone just be a little unique without getting categorized?

Putting a name to something can help people understand and deal with stuff. Especially when you've spent your life being dismissed by other people as being weird, wrong or otherwise broken. Being able to say, "Oh, this is actually a thing" is a powerful way to regain some perspective and sense of control.

Add in the natural inclination for people to like seeing characters that are like themselves, and it's no wonder that some folks are happy at seeing what could be representation - and relatively positive representation at that.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mod

Yeah E. Vigée Le Brun, not remotely appropriate. Post removed. Don't do it again.

Your post was removed as well, Giftnova. This is not because the offences are remotely comparable, happy to discuss elsewhere if you need to.

last edited at Sep 11, 2022 7:59PM

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

So Mu, as the farm director, has good relationships with people across the town. I think this chapter is evidence she deserves her job, whether or not she's unreliable for a lot of office-work.

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Realy liking this one. Not only the character art is great but the background, frames and angles are realy good too. The overall pacing and tge use of tension are good so far too.

English is not my first language and something in the internet must have broke me cause for some reason whem i read the title Lass i hear it in my mind with a scottsh accent

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

English is not my first language and something in the internet must have broke me cause for some reason whem i read the title Lass i hear it in my mind with a scottsh accent

Not wrong, though I'd say the stereotypical Scottish term would be "Lassie"

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

My point was that people should be allowed to define themselves in ways that make sense to them and improve their understanding of themselves and others like them. And that seeing fictional characters that remind them of themselves is a totally natural thing, as is speculating that those characters might share certain circumstances or struggles as them, the reader. Like how a queer reader might "read" a character as a lesbian, even if the text itself never uses that word.

I have no idea how we got from that to what we're talking about now, but it's pretty uncomfortable and upsetting.

last edited at Sep 12, 2022 3:57PM

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

My words don't carry any particular weight, but please stick to discussing this manhua here?

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Wow didn't expect her to be running the whole place it explains why she's lazy and doesn't get yelled at for being so while at work lol.

Also love that we got names for them and they're not just unnamed protags.

Anyone else notice when the boss asked if she could stay longer than two months Xingyuan didn't say no? That's a start!

Okay favorite panel from this chapter.. The expression on her face knowing that Mu caught up to her after being somewhat distant when she gave her name was just too cute. So glad we have a name now Xingyuan my beloved <3

Neither of them are particularly subtle showing their interest in the other, but I’m curious how long it will take for feelings to take hold, it’s exciting

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Neither of them are particularly subtle showing their interest in the other, but I’m curious how long it will take for feelings to take hold, it’s exciting

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see whether things stay subtle for awhile or they actually start dating before the story ends. I feel like Xingyuan planning to leave after a certain time is our "countdown," with the question being whether their relationship advances enough to make her stick around. I could see that being a sticking point; both of them seem to have story beats centered around ephemeralness and time.

"Take what comes to you and don't go after what leaves."

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

kenkyokitsune posted:

My words don't carry any particular weight, but please stick to discussing this manhua here?

Nah, they do. This thread is for the manhua Lass. Further off-topic posts will be removed. Thanks for your work.

Edit: Removed the continued off-topics comments after the quoted post.

Second Edit: Daremo from Parts Unknown if you've been offended by anything I've said here, I apologise. Offence was not intended. No intention of continuing this conversation beyond that.

last edited at Sep 13, 2022 9:24PM

I find myself checking for chapter updates multiple times a day. It's just SO GOOD.

joined Sep 17, 2022

wow!I found the author's ins and twitter!She update the NEW chapter!!
ins:teleixihu_tracy
Twitter:@Teleixihu_tracy

wow!I found the author's ins and twitter!She update the NEW chapter!!
ins:teleixihu_tracy
Twitter:@Teleixihu_tracy

Sweet find!! Auuuugh, no chapters 5 thru 9 though. I wang to peek at chapter 10, but also don't want to spoil myself!

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

ooo Mu is totes hinting that she wants Xingyuan to ask her out I was going to go with the first panel with the unbuttoned jeans of Xingyuan standing there as my favorite panel of this chapter... But I'm going with this one Mu standing there kinda awkward after saying what she did and the music playing in Xingyuan ear set the mood and it was very cute. Damnit Xingyuan stay for more than two months :|

I can't compliment the art in this enough it's just so warm and wholesome man.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wheeeeew Lass let's go, subtle but bold enough ! and body language too~

last edited at Sep 23, 2022 6:40PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm not usually that much of an art fan, I read for the stories, dialogue, characters and stuff . . . but dang, the art here just hits the story out of the park. We're talking "Ran and the Grey World" levels of art, it's amazing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.