Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

joined Oct 26, 2014

I am so hyped for the next chapter and really hope we get to see Linda in the present. I've honestly been loving this time travel arc. It's given me the time regression isekai yuri I've always wanted through one of my favorite stories.

I...Did Evie literally just forget that she went back in time to find a way to stop the monster invasion?

Like, maybe she got what she needed somehow without realizing it, but SHE wouldn't know that, right? Shouldn't she be panicked right now because she hasn't made any progress on the thing she literally went back in time to stop? Am I missing something?

I don't think she forgot, but the ring was more or less telling her that the time was right, which implies the necessary changes were made. She knows she had to do something that would influence other things over time, so she knows nothing she did would directly stop the demons from the point in time she came from. But she knows a number of things changed from the past she knew already, and, probably more importantly, she's changed. She understands why things have diverged and what things are, and I think part of that knowledge will prove to be the key.

So I think it's part inference and part act of faith. When dealing with cascading influences of time, I don't think there's ever any way to be certain, but there's certainly reason to expect things won't be the same.

last edited at Mar 14, 2024 4:49PM

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

the thing with time travel is
you cant overthink it
just roll with it and see what happens

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

the thing with time travel is
you cant overthink it
just roll with it and see what happens

Surely you mean "roll and see what will have had to have happened"?

joined Mar 14, 2024

I don’t think Evie knows that the curse is the direct cause of the demon spawner, but IIRC she knows that the curse is directly related to the demons and demon queen so I’m assuming that the demon queen will find a way to rid Elsa curse. Also my guess for the time travel thingy was to discover knowledge about the spawner itself, not necessarily just travel to the present and stop the demons altogether.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

OHMYGODOHMYGODOMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

NOOOOOOOO IT CANT END HERE (FOR THIS WEEK) PLEASE GIVE ME MOREEE crumbles away

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Now that's a kiss and a (wedding) ring all at once. Another great chapter. Now I wonder how the power couple will solve this problem using this new knowledge.

joined Oct 26, 2014

This last update was everything my heart wanted

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

OK, I really want to see Elsa (adult) "playing" with Yvonne (7 years old) in an adult body.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

I REMEMBER EVERYTHING!

I remember every last little thing as if it happened only yesterday.

I was barely 19, and I once kissed a girl in the frozen time...

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

Little Evie having been in adult Evie’s body is fucking gold. I’m mad that they didn’t show us any of it.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I was so worried this was gonna be an April's fool like last year...... SO GLAD IT'S NOT!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Very cathartic chapter. "Power couple" is the only way to describe them. :-)

Also, I no longer think that the Witch is future!Elsa. She has shown her face to Evie and she didn't recognize her, so it must be someone else. My bet is on Olivia, based solely on the shape of her hair (even if the color doesn't match).

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Also, I no longer think that the Witch is future!Elsa. She has shown her face to Evie and she didn't recognize her, so it must be someone else. My bet is on Olivia, based solely on the shape of her hair (even if the color doesn't match).

We were shown her face too :P
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/please_bully_me_miss_villainess_ch61#6

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yea, she sure looks like Elsa, but it throws me off that Evie wouldn't recognize the love of her life from up close.

Lbeingrllygay
36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

we are so back (also i saw ooc leaks and i thought we'd just get a random teenage marriage proposal this chapter. makes more sense now lmao)

joined Jan 3, 2020

we are so back (also i saw ooc leaks and i thought we'd just get a random teenage marriage proposal this chapter. makes more sense now lmao)

I mean, she did intentionally put the ring on her left ring finger it looked like. She could have picked any finger she wanted to, and she knows exactly what the significance of what she did is. I'm not saying she's proposing or anything, but she's clearly being romantic by doing that.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Yea, she sure looks like Elsa, but it throws me off that Evie wouldn't recognize the love of her life from up close.

I'm betting on her being their magical yuri baby from the future then.

joined Jan 3, 2020

I wouldn't rely on the "shown her face" logic. You may hate it, but it's a common story trend to have these hoods or masks that don't work properly for the reader but do for the characters involved. We should assume all Evie sees in that hood is darkness.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Welcome back!

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Wait, I just realized a potential plot hole. Eve didn't have memories from the time as a kid because her future self and past self swapped thus those memories didn't exist, but in the place she should have had memories of a two months with some random lady but actually doesn't have any memories from then.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Wait, I just realized a potential plot hole. Eve didn't have memories from the time as a kid because her future self and past self swapped thus those memories didn't exist, but in the place she should have had memories of a two months with some random lady but actually doesn't have any memories from then.

What does "should" mean here though? She could easily just lose her memory on the way back, or forget over time, or her memory and sense of time could be hazy after traveling back, making her think she was in a dream, or it could be like Miyazaki's recent film, The Boy and the Heron. There's lots of ways around that because the only character who knows "the rules" is the future woman.

last edited at Apr 2, 2024 3:08PM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

I'm betting on her being their magical yuri baby from the future then.

May the power of magical test tubes compel them

last edited at Apr 4, 2024 7:25AM

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

AND WE'RE BACK! holy shit that arc dragged on but I really feel like it payed off. the girls are back in town.

To reply you must either login or sign up.