joined Jan 8, 2014

Hope the next ch.s update more often :)

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Damn, I wish there was more works from this mangaka, same with Otsu Hiyori :3

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

I wish they would update this more often. I forgot how awesome it was. Had to reread the past chapters again to remember the story lol.

Kaname needs some confidence boost and a wardrobe change!!

joined Aug 11, 2014

Oh, this is actually pretty interesting. I'd previously skipped this because I didn't want to read just three chapters of a manga with no signs of being continued, but if people are releasing new chapters after all, then why not?

Have to say though, reeaally glad I passed on this before, and almost wish I'd waited another chapter or so before starting. Feels really rough how everyone seems to be making a concerted effort to absolutely crush guitar girl's ego, when she's not even that confident in the first place. If there was anything to balance it out, it wouldn't feel like such a doom spiral, but literally the only good moment so far was singer girl getting drunk. It really feels like everything's just piling on right now. With the last frame of her walking off alone, I'm hoping the next chapter will actually give her a positive reason to stay, because at the moment I'm reeeeaaaally not seeing why she would. Singer girl, now would be a GREAT time for you to lighten up on your tsundere thing.

But yeah, that also why I kind of wish I hadn't started yet. I really don't like cutting off a story right at the tip of a bitterness crescendo, especially when I don't know when or if the next chapter will come. I'm so pointlessly fragile about this stuff.

last edited at Dec 13, 2014 6:23PM

joined Jul 22, 2014

The delays! do hope you update this faster!

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Hope Kaname gets a confidence boost soon! She really seems to need it...

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

That killer smile at ch 3 pg 31! GAH!!! Never really thought I'd like this one... Been a while since it was released so...

Are... are the songs good? I don't know them songs.... I suddenly feel ashamed.. :(

You probably know at least a few of the tunes and melodies, so don't worry. Maybe the following could help you decide if you would like to check them out:

I'm with Kaname on "I Was Made For Loving You". "That one's... a little..." sums it up nicely, it really does sound nice the first couple of times and then you might grow tired of it. But below there is a bit more valid opinion on the other songs. ;)

"All Day and All of the Night" is an early work by The Kinks, who, among others, spearheaded Punk in the 60s. Being included in the same album, it sounds very much like the more commonly known "You Really Got Me". Expect a lot of semi-distorted guitar. It's not from The Kinks' more ironic later phase, which included "Sunny Afternoon", "Lola" and "Apeman".

"Crossroads" by Cream: Cream was the world's first supergroup, a band which was formed by members who had already established themselves as artists with other bands. Eric Clapton's voice and Blues style are very dominant here, the whole song is catchy and punchyt. Maybe you know Clapton's MTV unplugged album (wow, there used to be music on MTV?) or the style of the long outro of "Layla".

"I Feel Free", also by Cream: This one is so diverse, for me it's difficult to listen to it for relaxation because it's a mix of Rock and Psychedelic Pop. It's a tad bit too taxing to listen to, but that might be just me. Maybe you know "White Room" by Cream. I'm still not sure whether I like Cream or not, probably I'll never make up my mind.

"Seek and Destroy" by Metallica stems from their very first album and is prototypically metal. Driven, angry metal, what's there not to like? Doesn't sound like any of their later works (maybe they discovered their roots again with the album "Death Magnetic", but never heard any of the songs) and is influenced by bands like Saxon. Check out "Strangers in the Night".

There is also a true gem in the songs of the chapter track list:

"Runaway" by Del Shannon is one of the first songs which featured a precursor of a synthesizer in the 60s, so you could say it was also avant guard (and not passé). It was Shannon's biggest hit, which he always struggled to repeat when his career experienced a lull late into the 80s. Then, people starteted to take interest in his songs again and he was rumored to join the biggest supergroup to date, "The Traveling Wilburys", which consisted of Bob Dylan, George Harrison (The Beatles), Tom Petty ("Free Fallin', "Running Down a Dream", "American Girl", "Learning to Fly"), Roy Orbison (who Elvis regarded as the best singer of the world and Springsteen looked up to - ") and Jeff Lynne (of ELO - you might know "Twilight" from the Daicon IV intro by Gainax, also check out "Mr. Bluesky", "Hold on Tight" or "Living Thing"). Allegedly, he was slated to take the place of Roy Orbison, who had died the year before. But having suffered from depression for several years, Del Shannon ended his life in 1990.

The Wilburys then covered "Runaway" with Lynne providing the lead vocals and Dylan doing the backing vocals. Although having Dylan backing oneself should be considered an honor, I don't think its nice to listen to. He is just too special of a voice ("Your songs are great but your voice is shit." ;_;).

Of course, all of that is just my opinion and there is no accounting for taste.

Having thought about all that, I wonder what kind of songs Kaname writes and what Seira's voice sounds like. "Rock It, GIRL" or "Rocket Girl" reminds me of "Rocket Queen" from early Guns N' Roses, which is one of the most intelligent and honest love songs in my book. If you don't know it, it starts with a very boastful attitude towards the woman the singer is interested in but would never confess really wants to be with nor acknowledge her existence. It's that whole "I could have anyone, why would I want you?"-thing that goes on until the bridge. After that is when the second part starts where that brave front crumbles and all the false bravado is gone and the insecurtities and susceptibilities that come with love show. Including both sides of love, not being honest and then confessing, makes it one of the kindest songs there are for me. I would like the sound of the band to be something like that, aiming high but never losing sight of what is most important. Jackson Browne once wrote a song for his roadies, "The Load-Out". Kaname could maybe write one about the band's frontwoman, depending on how their relationship develops, or finding themselves as a band and include things like her own stage fright or Seira's hand shaking before their first gig. I like Seira: Her dedication, being full of zip, but still a rookie and therefore too unforgiving. Just the right mix for the band with Haruko and Katsura being pretty chill.

/wall of text

Boy, I like this one more than I thought I would. Good to hear there is already a second volume out.

last edited at Dec 14, 2014 2:32PM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Man yes, glad to see this is back!

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

the past is what kept her from moving forward :x

O0480040113112528096
joined May 23, 2014

Finallly xD i've been waiting the update for so long :-( the plot is good and the art style is great too, i was very depressed because i thought it may never be translated anymore :'( Thank god that Lililicious has released the new chap :3
I'm looking forward to seeing the next chapter :D After reading again i think i like it more xD

joined Apr 19, 2013

Finnally!!!!!!!!! Thank you! Thank you Lililicious for translate this. Argggg i have my exam tomorrow, this is enough to give me strength.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

This would be great and all... but one of them is a Metallica fan.

Metallica are never good, unless they're being covered by an a Capella band, and the cover is being nightcored.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Metallica are never good, unless they're being covered by an a Capella band, and the cover is being nightcored.

Old Metallica is really good. Basically all the stuff leading up to Enter Sandman. Wasn't a big fan after that, though

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Old Metallica is really good. Basically all the stuff leading up to Enter Sandman. Wasn't a big fan after that, though

Old Metallica had about two or three decent songs per album. I liked their cover of the Thin Lizzy version of Whiskey in the Jar though, which is their most recent passable song.

Hating on Metallica is just too natural for me, a reflex trained by all the Thrash purists I've met who deny any other form of music.

Underachiever, one bubble on one page didn't actually ruin my enjoyment.

Not liking any metal makes you a heathen though.

\m/ UP THE IRONS \m/

Edited because my memory plays tricks with me.

last edited at May 3, 2015 12:56PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I like Metallica. Then again everyone tells me my favorite band is an Alice and Chains Cover band so. . .

Loved this so much I own both volumes.
Too bad I still can't read Japanese.
Really enjoying the art and characters. The lead is pretty endearing and Sierra is interesting.
How nice it is just to have yuri with rock stars. I would like more of that.

Kirigiri%20san%20582
joined Apr 27, 2014

jesus christ why isn't this being updated? It's not everyday that you get all female rock band yuris with superb art...seriously tho is no other group planning to pick this up? such a waste...

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

seriously tho is no other group planning to pick this up? such a waste...

I think Lililicious is still TLing it.

Lililicious
joined Jul 7, 2011

We are, but there are other things higher up on the priority list at the moment. We'll get there though!

Kirigiri%20san%20582
joined Apr 27, 2014

man its been like a year i wish they'd atleast prioritize it

Kirigiri%20san%20582
joined Apr 27, 2014

We are, but there are other things higher up on the priority list at the moment. We'll get there though!

oh well then i'm glad it hasn't been abandoned..thanks

joined Jul 20, 2015

Hooray! I really like this artist, and I've been wondering for a while whether this was dead. A little reassurance is nice, even if I still have to wait a while.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Out of curiosity for one of Kodama Naoko's works, I downloaded the raws to YuriHime 41 and I saw Rock It, Girl listed in the summary, so we know that it's pretty much still ongoing
It may not be scanlated very fast, but it's alive

last edited at Oct 8, 2015 12:47AM

Diiis
joined Sep 14, 2015

Unfinished.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Yay update (^_^)/

To reply you must either login or sign up.