Forum › Maou to Yuri discussion

joined May 29, 2021

Maybe we can unlock the secret harem end.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Oh, what an interested concept and glad is even yuri.
I like the priest design but my impresion that Minister will end been chocen by the voters

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Y'know, this whole thing would be a lot funnier if everyone wasn't literal hecking children..

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Giftnova posted:

Y'know, this whole thing would be a lot funnier if everyone wasn't literal hecking children..

Oh come on, Aren't like 80 % of romance yuri (and anime in general), even with pure ecchi anime based on teenagers ?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Priestess is the Hero's childhood friend, so not sure about that one, as she would know who the Hero is.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maou_to_yuri_ch3_1#11

Yeah, that's just something I missed in QC. For clarfication's sake, the Brave's name in Japanese is Yuusha (勇者), which is translated in most series as "Hero" (eg. The Dragon Quest rep in Smash). I initially translated it as "Hero" too before realising how the author translated it and decided to go with Brave, partly to keep it distinct from "Eiyuu" (英雄) which also translates as "hero" but more as a title one receives after saving the world.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Oh come on, Aren't like 80 % of romance yuri (and anime in general), even with pure ecchi anime based on teenagers ?

"What creeps me out" is not going to be a rigidly defined and universally applicable list of rules, because people aren't robots. Priestess knight is pretty far over my personal line.

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Priestess is the Hero's childhood friend, so not sure about that one, as she would know who the Hero is.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maou_to_yuri_ch3_1#11

Yeah, that's just something I missed in QC. For clarfication's sake, the Brave's name in Japanese is Yuusha (勇者), which is translated in most series as "Hero" (eg. The Dragon Quest rep in Smash). I initially translated it as "Hero" too before realising how the author translated it and decided to go with Brave, partly to keep it distinct from "Eiyuu" (英雄) which also translates as "hero" but more as a title one receives after saving the world.

I can probably fix that if a mod is willing to fix that one page.

Also, because raws are only accessible in 900px I will likely buy volumes when/if they come out and re-edit in my own time.

joined Oct 9, 2011

Wtf im reading and why i cant stop reading? Is like a twitch linked game where the chat can either help or troll the streamer XD

I honestly have no idea, myself. The girls are all varying levels of attractiveness, but the tired plot of "taking a fantasy harem story and making it satirical or humorous with next to no stakes" is wearing on me a little.

Still, I've only read the first chapter, so I might change my mind.

Except there are stakes, the premise is literally build on the demon king picking a human wife, to stop the previous hero coming to kill her, and showing them demons and humans living peavefully

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

hold on one second

A witch from an eastern country. Her skin is 10 years old.

wtf is that supposed to mean

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

I want to vote for Minister-chan. ♡

Same

last edited at Sep 20, 2021 9:46PM

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Talk about a surprise. I didn't think I would enjoy this at all but somehow it has managed to be quite fun to read honestly. Rooting for the Maid or the Priest

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

So, I'd vote for booba (Princess Knight or Witch, but especially Princess) or the maid, who probably has the best setup for DK's wife. Which is kind of ironic, since maid's the only one who didn't have to travel to the castle. Also like there's 6 girls so whoever doesn't get picked will date each other, right? I think priestess and princess knight could be a good combo, since the princess seems to be the only one who can calm the priestess and the priestess can kill anyone who messes with the princess. Also, Hero and Witch might be perfect for each other, because one loves to eat and the other one probably loves to be "eaten".

last edited at Sep 20, 2021 9:57PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I will be sad if the elf doesn't stick around too

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Can I VOTE FOR MISS MINISTER??? Ahem, now that I have composure, Ms. Minister is clearly a good candidate aside from the fact she isn’t human, maybe just have the human wife as a concubine and have minister be main wife.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I kinda get the feeling that whoever wrote this manga just took the run-of-the-mill plot of a super typical, ordinary, lamestream harem romcom (the type you find by the hundreds in shounen magazines) and replaced the stereotypical male mc with a girl. Heck, if it wasn't for her hairstyle, you wouldn't even notice the gender switch.

And this is a bad thing because...?

I didn't say it was a bad thing... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

This is fun :)

p.s Does anyone know the name of that web novel about a female demon king and this super powerful female adventurer who keeps clearing into her castle to meet her? She becomes friendly with the generals and they end up just letting her in etc. They were just starting to get close when i last read it 2yr ago.

I wanna read it again but totally forget the name.

Mage & demon queen on webtoons, lots of progress has been made recently so it's a great time to get back into it
And malori is also supremely cute

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

... Chekhov's button?

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

im leaning on maid personally, but ill let them vote

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Minister best grill!!!

As soon as I read the first chapter I was like “the minister is probably the secret option huh”

last edited at Sep 20, 2021 11:57PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The fact that no one found issue at all that the demon king is a girl and they will have to marry anyway makes me think that the magic of this world could be very convenient later on.

joined Jun 1, 2016

Azero25 posted:

well the only two that I'm interested are the priestess and the maid. The other are written like stereotypes. Hungry Genki girl, Ara Ara Witch, Naive princess. I hope the author gives them more development so the voting doesn't seem so one sided. That being said, I'm honestly surprised the underwear didn't win lol

I wouldn't write off the princess as just naive or comic relief, let's state the facts that her family willingly gave her away and doesn't care if they torture her, this means that she wasn't loved or caused lots of trouble but despite being so young, she's trying hard to be a good proper princess (from a strange book) and as we know from the intermission, she cares a lot for the country too despite being given as a convenient sacrifice... it seems she's a true princess but lacks the ability or proper guidance.

It could be that someone is trying to get rid of her and it might not be her parents. We simply don't know much yet :(

Also Kaguya maid was really cool

I guess so, I understand that this series just started so there's plenty of room for development for these characters. This was just my early impressions. That being said for this next decision, logically she should bring brave swordswoman and the witch with her. so you can have both close range and magic for distance to counter the plant pollen.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Wtf im reading and why i cant stop reading? Is like a twitch linked game where the chat can either help or troll the streamer XD

I honestly have no idea, myself. The girls are all varying levels of attractiveness, but the tired plot of "taking a fantasy harem story and making it satirical or humorous with next to no stakes" is wearing on me a little.

Grm, I've caught up but I still haven't changed my mind. It's a fun world, and a zany cast of characters, not unlike what Mage and Demon Queen tries to do. But unlike M&DQ, there's no real...sense of connection. Maybe it's because the characters themselves are unnamed, but it's hard to bring myself to like any of them. It's like the trope they're trying to represent is all there is to their character, while leaving next to no room for possible character development. Even the maid, who Her Majesty seems to have started feeling for, hasn't shown any change since the "date."

I dunno, maybe I'm just too biased. But there's definitely something missing from this story that M&DQ has...

M&DQ story is a bit more serious despite having lots of comedy bits plus it’s had quite sometime too improve, this story is just a fun story that doesn’t really take it self seriously, the biggest stake in here is that the mc ends up single but other than that. The whole aspect of parts of the story being controlled by votes also shows that either the author is trying to lead us into the story they already wrote or the readers in the end have the big responsibility of deciding the progression and with who.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Grm, I've caught up but I still haven't changed my mind. It's a fun world, and a zany cast of characters, not unlike what Mage and Demon Queen tries to do. But unlike M&DQ, there's no real...sense of connection. Maybe it's because the characters themselves are unnamed, but it's hard to bring myself to like any of them. It's like the trope they're trying to represent is all there is to their character, while leaving next to no room for possible character development. Even the maid, who Her Majesty seems to have started feeling for, hasn't shown any change since the "date."

I dunno, maybe I'm just too biased. But there's definitely something missing from this story that M&DQ has...

M&DQ story is a bit more serious despite having lots of comedy bits plus it’s had quite sometime too improve, this story is just a fun story that doesn’t really take it self seriously, the biggest stake in here is that the mc ends up single but other than that. The whole aspect of parts of the story being controlled by votes also shows that either the author is trying to lead us into the story they already wrote or the readers in the end have the big responsibility of deciding the progression and with who.

I get that it's much less serious than M&DQ, but I feel like mixing that with a dependency on reader votes is little more than a dark stew surprise. If it works, I will be super impressed. But so far it just doesn't have the same oomph. We'll just have to wait and see.

I desperately want to be wrong about this series, but...at the same time, I just can't see it getting very far.

joined Aug 21, 2017

The princess knight is giving me "we trained him wrong as a joke" vibes

joined Aug 21, 2017

Oh, I get the schtick, it's kind of like Homestuck. The polling seems fun (A switch is definitely not what I would have chosen... that makes it more interesting).

To reply you must either login or sign up.