Forum › Qualia the Purple discussion

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Could the play on Homura be anymore blatant?

the light novel came out in 2009 so it should be the other way around >_>
but yeah i totes got a homura vibe as well.

last edited at Sep 26, 2014 8:26PM

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

Oops, didn't realize this! Still, the similarities are truly amazing.

joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, there is the possibility that this is a case of parallel ideas developing within a short time of each other.

last edited at Sep 26, 2014 9:02PM

Kaonashi%20-gssg
joined Apr 1, 2013

Holy shit, this manga were AMAZING like it totally got me ! I read it entirelly it's 3 in the mor,ning and i'm sleepy
I'm gonan have gode dreams about yuri quatum stuff bye all

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Holy shit, this manga were AMAZING like it totally got me ! I read it entirelly it's 3 in the mor,ning and i'm sleepy
I'm gonan have gode dreams about yuri quatum stuff bye all

Have an awesome dream!

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

has finally caught up

WAIT! WAIT! Haven't the experiments at the LHC disproved the entire universal collapse hypothesis? Or am I misunderstanding what the manga is saying there?
On a completely different note: is that the end of the manga?

Yeah. They get a lot of things blatantly wrong. It's actually gotten a little painful every time they drop into technobable. That's probably my biggest complaint about this series. It tries to be smart, but the author doesn't really know the physics. They'd be better off if they just glossed over those parts.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

To be fair, the story is five years old now so is normal that some concepts are outdated plus the translator could've made some mistakes here an there since sometimes the manga gets really dense (that is the reason the scanlations stopped for a while in fact).

Some months ago I asked Seven Seas about this manga but never got an answer :(

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

it's kind of refreshing to read this. Qualia has a lot of things going for it: good art, interesting characters, unique premise and above all, simply stunning execution.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I'm excited for the last chapters!! Just read up to todays release in one sitting and I have to say this manga is amazing! and beautiful!
honestly I'm betting the premise was used in creating a certain magical girl anime, but I would love to see this animated ^_^
adding to faves
~thanks for scantalating ;)

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

awesome manga~~
i wish this series gets an anime

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

This is kinda like Steins;Gate crossed with Homura

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

Homura except taken to a no morals level holy crap. This series is a mind whirly beautiful disaster. I just. I can't handle what more could possible happen now that she's disappeared from the world.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

fuck me! I've resisted reading this manga, but now I am asking myself why I waited so long! the whole thing is ... awesome and amazing are not strong enough words to describe nor convey the levels of my excitement, but for now, they will have to of.

that whole spiel about a cat in a box in another box completely reminded me of the thought experiment Schrodinger's cat. it makes me realize that no matter how much I know, as a human I really have a very limited understanding of everything in this universe/reality, and I need to go pick up a copy of "quantum mechanics for dummies."

also, this is totally a year and 15 chapters too late, but the Marii Yukari character reminded me a bit of Michael Weiss's charactrer Jarrod in the tv series The Pretender. that character was a genius that could figure things out or pretend to be anyone just seeing them or having some basic understanding of how the operatiôn worked. actually, this manga has elements that also remind me of the TV series Quantum Leap, but that's more because Gaku/Manabu can travel across dimensions/space-time.

can ya tell I'm diggin' this? hehehehe. :-)

I can't handle what more could possible happen now that she's disappeared from the world.

she disappeared from that reality. remember, she has violated the laws of space-time many many times over. it's possible that at least one copy of her "should" still exist, and I would think that only if every instance of her existence has been removed, she would no longer "exists" in any reality/space-time/dimension going forward.

last edited at Sep 27, 2014 2:30AM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

i read on baka that this is based on a novel,
someone knows if it's possible to find a traslation? i looked for it but nothing

super late, but here it is:
http://translation-blog.tumblr.com/post/62897397512/project-page-murasakiiro-no-qualia-purple-qualia

it isnt complete though and there hasnt been an update on that blog in 4 months. however, the person that runs it has been posting on their yandere blog so hopefully they are still working on it.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I don't really know what to make of this series, one hand thinks it's really well told and a change of pace of what I usually read around here, the other hand thinks it's self important and stuck up it's rear end with it's techno-blabble and I only think it's good because I haven't read anything extraordinary around here for a good while. I will have to think a little deeper about this but I just have one question right now: Does anyone think Gaku has a god complex? Her original motivation just crumbled in the Bisexual tagged chapters when she said she was content in many parts of her life, now it's just basically giving the middle finger to fate because she can.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

has finally caught up

WAIT! WAIT! Haven't the experiments at the LHC disproved the entire universal collapse hypothesis? Or am I misunderstanding what the manga is saying there?

Yeah. They get a lot of things blatantly wrong. It's actually gotten a little painful every time they drop into technobable. That's probably my biggest complaint about this series. It tries to be smart, but the author doesn't really know the physics. They'd be better off if they just glossed over those parts.

it's not so wrong this manga, probably is one of the better fiction (scientifically) after 2001 a space odissey;
and the big crunch and the big rip are all plausible teory, there's no way the scientific comunity can prove or disprove the universe going to the entropy, or to a new big bang.
and this is the first manga i see that name correctly the 4 fondamental forces (not so obvious)

Remi
joined Jul 14, 2014

So was the last chapter? Wouldn't the solution have been to:
1. Pick a reality with magic.

2. Use the magic powers to freeze her in time.

3. Take control of jaunt.
4. Use them and the powers remake the world into a place where violence was a forgotten concept and advance medical science to the point where fatal injuries/diseases can be cured.

5. Unfreeze her
6. ???
7. Yuri!!!

Infinite alternate selves to work with, no imagination in any of them -_-;;;;;

last edited at Sep 27, 2014 5:29AM

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

....what the hell? If that is the ending, that is less then satisfying.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

There is some interesting youtube video about how the big bag is not a single event, instead they are happening all the time outside our own universe, which causes the creation of new or parallel universes. it is kind of interesting.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

has finally caught up

some of the experiments at LHC have added more credence to the missing "stuff" that makes up the universe, but that experiment is just one of many. I'm not sure whether there is work being done to show if the universe's expansion has slowed or subsequent cooling would cause it to contract.

maybe, but it's nice that they tried tackling the physics. in the simplist of cases, they get it right. it the more rigorous cases, yeah, they fail miserablly, but heck, precious few sci-fi outlets be it TV or print have always gotten the physics correct.

it's not so wrong this manga, probably is one of the better fiction (scientifically) after 2001 a space odissey;
and the big crunch and the big rip are all plausible teory, there's no way the scientific comunity can prove or disprove the universe going to the entropy, or to a new big bang.
and this is the first manga i see that name correctly the 4 fondamental forces (not so obvious)

@lucamarte, to add to your point, it's nice seeing a manga that tries to be smart and inject modern day math/physics theories into the story. As i am still reading, I too am cringing at some of the crap they are getting wrong, but I'm equally excited because they are making an attempt to discuss concepts most people have never heard of, let alone could give two flips about.

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

So was the last chapter? Wouldn't the solution have been to:
1. Pick a reality with magic.

2. Use the magic powers to freeze her in time.

3. Take control of jaunt.
4. Use them and the powers remake the world into a place where violence was a forgotten concept and advance medical science to the point where fatal injuries/diseases can be cured.

5. Unfreeze her
6. ???
7. Yuri!!!

Infinite alternate selves to work with, no imagination in any of them -_-;;;;;

I always figured the best way to solve it would be to take control of Yukari herself and avoid death that way. If she can become her mother she can certainly become her. Of course, she would only take control of her during the times she's risking death, and enjoy the yuri at all other times.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Waku says so herself in Chapter 15, there are people that she just cannot control, (while looking at Yukari by the way) also I still think it's running on a modified Steins;Gate rule, that the person dies on Day X Time: XX:XX and no second further, modified because Yukari died even earlier when she took control of her mother.

Oh and by the way, I think that she dies even earlier after she "stopped" seeing people as robots is a big hint to the solution.

last edited at Sep 27, 2014 11:32AM

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

First time I read a manga that explains the formal theories and probabilities, then grabbing the concepts and incorporating them into concrete concepts that are understandable to us. Instead of just the abstract ideas, which are harder to grasp without understanding the logical perceptive, that we seem to execute in our everyday lives.

joined Feb 19, 2011

Man this is a mindfuck and a half o.O

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I just started vol 2 and I'm like "I know nothing, I am nothing and worth nothing... I'm just a perception, a mirage ._." nice manga !!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.