Forum › Qualia the Purple discussion

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

DANGIT HOMURA!!
...Oh, shoot, wrong one.

Gaku is totally already omnipotent

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Are we at a point were we can call Gaku the devil?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The chapter was great, as always, but argh. Page 18. Just no. That's not how it works. That's not even remotely accurate. Just. I. No.

On a slightly less ranty note, what was Alice's power again?

Download
joined Apr 23, 2013

First third of the chapter: "What."
Second Third: "Um....What!?"
Final Third: "WHAT!?"

...Can't wait for more.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

On a slightly less ranty note, what was Alice's power again?

she sees math as drawings.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

DANGIT HOMURA!!
...Oh, shoot, wrong one.

Gaku is totally already omnipotent

claps
On another note. I really do wish nothing horrible will happen in the last chapter.

last edited at Jul 13, 2014 11:49PM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i think a big part of the worth of series of this genre is in the ending.
i see on baka that this manga is completed (3 volumes), and i thought that, if someones wanted to traslate it, then probably the quality is high till the end.
i really wish it, because there isn't anythings worst than a sci-fi plot without good aswers at the end

joined May 8, 2011

Whenever I see stories like this, ones where there is a character rushing ahead along in multiple attempts to reach the same goal, only to have to start over and attempt again, I am reminded of the myth of Sisyphus. The task is absurd. It's impossible. And yet the character has the strength of mind to try over and over and over again despite its absurdity. As if tasked from on high by the very gods themselves to struggle, the character carries on as if to defy fate and the world itself. "I may have been tasked with this absurd goal, but I shall do it for all of eternity."

To love and hate their own fate. To carry on when a normal person's very soul would be crushed. The endless repetition and failure. And yet, Sisyphus continues on rolling up his boulder to the top of the mountain and, he might get close, but it always slides down in the end. There is a certain beauty in such tragedy, if I say so myself. And the possibility that they might achieve the impossible. To defy the very world and the gods themselves, also captivates me.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I reallllly feel bad for Alice xD
Also that smile at the end, I wonder what Gaku is thinking :/.
There are no returns now, she is completely lost her mind. It also in this universe or time line it looks like she grew a god like complex.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

I reallllly feel bad for Alice xD
Also that smile at the end, I wonder what Gaku is thinking :/.
There are no returns now, she is completely lost her mind. It also in this universe or time line it looks like she grew a god like complex.

+1

I am slightly amused that me guessing that Alice was needed seems very very interesting. Really though, Gaku shoulda went for Jaunt immediately as their leader but that is my opinion as an outsider. After all, we humans most of the times search for the easiest route rather than searching for the longer one.

Nice build-up, I'm really hoping that it is a good end. A greatly made bad end is good too though XD

Seira
joined Jun 3, 2013

I am not prepared for all this. I just came here for the potential of yuri but then I get all these science theories too. And here I thought yuri was simple...

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Yuri transcends space and time.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Finally took the time to do a bit of proper tagging. Added Yuri for the whole series and Bisexual for chapters 11 and 12; would it be better to just tag the whole series Bisexual and Yuri? Should Het come into play anywhere? Happy to listen to any thoughts anyone else may have.

last edited at Aug 22, 2014 11:32AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I don't think bisexual is necessary for the whole series, Gaku admitted that dating a guy was just to feel 'normal' and she never really showed up genuine affection for anyone but Yukari.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

and she never really showed up genuine affection for anyone but Yukari.

That's not totally true, she does love Alice as has been seen in multiple timelines...some of it genuine some of it manipulative.

joined Sep 12, 2014

This series is crazy good. (Although difficult to read when it gets overly technical and philosophical)

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Chapter 16 is out

http://imgur.com/a/T5tPU

You better get ready those quantum mechanics books ready for this.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I stopped trying to fully understand this thing quite a few chapters ago. Now I'm just along for the ride.

joined Feb 11, 2014

has only read up to chapter 12

Well goddamn Quantum Mechanics. As if reading about the philosophy of war and military strategy (I have some... strange hobbies) hasn't left my head spinning enough today. And that stuff is straightforward compared to quantum mechanics.

Still, a yuri manga that incorporates quantum mechanics into it's story? Fucking sold!

EDIT: Am I the only one who realized that Gaku essentially became Akemi Homura for a while there? Complete with a Magical Girl process?

last edited at Sep 26, 2014 5:17PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

is chapter 16 incomplete or is it just short? most of the chapters are around 30 pages long and this one is only 18.

last edited at Sep 26, 2014 4:58PM

joined Feb 11, 2014

has finally caught up

WAIT! WAIT! Haven't the experiments at the LHC disproved the entire universal collapse hypothesis? Or am I misunderstanding what the manga is saying there?
On a completely different note: is that the end of the manga?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

what the heck with this manga… it combine mecha, sci-fi, mahou shoujo, yuri and all the genre that can possibly exist in the universe

And I've never seen a character who change this and that much in only 3 tome ._.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

nope. there are 18 chapters and 3 extras.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

nope. there are 18 chapters and 3 extras.

HURRAY!

Now...
now...
... I ship Alice and Gaku now. Like, OTP!

Damniiiiit

Can't she just... ugh...

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

So I just read all 16 chapters and here are my thoughts.

WOW this story escalated quickly. It was just a cute manga at first, then all of a sudden there's freaking MURDER, and then all of this quantum physics and made-up science got thrown in... Still an interesting read, though. I will say, I finally understand the relevance of Schrodinger's cat. Also, poor Alice.

EDIT: Am I the only one who realized that Gaku essentially became Akemi Homura for a while there? Complete with a Magical Girl process?

You are not! Gaku is totally Akemi Homura! I absolutely LOST IT when she transformed into a magical girl! Could the play on Homura be anymore blatant?

To reply you must either login or sign up.