Forum › Ah... and Mm... Are All She Says discussion

slowwovensleeper
Untitled%20(5)
joined Jun 20, 2018

i am really enjoying how this manga depicts a mostly nonverbal person being accommodated and treated as an equal. its wonderful seeing toda-san participate in social events and be embraced by her peers

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

God this series is just so good. I’m so invested in Toda-sensei, Tanaka-san, and the entire series as a whole

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

So far, i'm loving this series a lot, it's taken a big chunk of space in my brain since i first started reading it.

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

This is a really great take on mangakas - I love how all the characters have been built up, and the story's just gotten better and better after each chapter! Even bighead editor, who came off a bit rough at first, really seems sincere in his own way as well. Fantastic!

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

This is so good, as everyone else said I'm invested in the characters and how the storyline is brought forth. Will definitely follow it

joined Aug 21, 2017

face

(ch. 4, pg. 10)
This panel is kinda funny

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Just picked this series up with chapter 12 and it's super charming. Somehow it slipped by me, and I'm really glad I gave it a shot. Fingers crossed for yuri, but I think I'll enjoy it no matter what. It's rare to see disabled characters written with such respect. I hope that continues.

Very grateful to the Gouma-Den crew for the hard work. Thank you~~~

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This is such a good story, I don't care if it never turns yuri.

I think it's my first time writing something like this, haha.

joined Apr 6, 2019

So she says Ah for Yes and Mm for No?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

The problem with these batch releases is that they get almost no comments.

If this had been released chapter after chapter, there would be like a hundred comments after each new upload.

So she says Ah for Yes and Mm for No?

Heh, it becomes fairly obvious from a certain point on.
But in my opinion "Mm" can sometimes mean "Iya!" sometimes mean "Dame!" and sometimes mean "FUCK YOU STUPID ASSHOLE!" It's all in the context, y'see. ^_~

20220617_152146
joined Apr 2, 2020

Yuri not having enough "utility"... perfectly fine with that!

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I really enjoy this. I like how even though this is set about making eromanga, its not relying on making dirty jokes all the time and instead is realistic and nobody is overly perverted. Also Toda was pretty random with that dancing. I liker her intereactions with the editor.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Honestly Tanaka’s advice to the new aspiring mangaka is just really good advice period, I think she deserves more credit than she realizes for the ways she supports her authors.

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

It​ is​ not​ yuri​ but​ fantastic plot.​ Actually, there​ are​ many​ eromanga/hentai​ with​ better​ plots​ than​ main​ theme manga.​ The​ good​ one​ can​ hook​ you​ to​ read​ it​ even​ after​ masturbation.​

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Man I really wanna read the eromanga they've made in this series lol. They all sound so interesting.

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

They have pseudo-telepatht...lol, i think Toda-sensei have autism??? not sure, i have asperger which is different but close

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

I really like this! I just finished reading that new oneshot by the Chainsaw Man author, both now are making me think about why artists draw... For smiles, for stories, to excite people... And how working in the industry requires a balance of both one’s own experience and what the audience. Totally looking forward to more.

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

They have pseudo-telepatht...lol, i think Toda-sensei have autism??? not sure, i have asperger which is different but close

Speaking as an autistic person myself, I do get that impression from Toda. I don't know for sure if that's what she has though.

joined Mar 5, 2016

i swear the author is drawing nishi looking more fucked up with every chapter

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

"What is she, your wife?"

Hoping the answer to that becomes "yes" down the line.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Oh so I am guessing it's Toda's sister who has arrived. I am curious to what is Toda's background and espieically why she didn't have a bath for a while.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

You know what? I don't care anymore if the author isn't marketing this as yuri. It's one of the bestest stories being released right now, and from now on I'll assume it's no-sex platonic yuri and read it with that perspective. There.

last edited at Jul 23, 2021 11:21PM

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

I'm guessing the girl at the end is Toda's sister, and going by her reaction I'm guessing that Toda ran away from home.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that Toda has been a bit more talkative these last few chapters?

Cornonthekopp
joined Jul 6, 2020

You can really feel the passion for eromanga in this, as weird as that sounds. I totally agree that a lot of people (artists or consumers alike) just see the genre as “who can draw the sexiest sex scenes” plot be damned but I think a good artist can make a story where the plot and “plot” both complement each other, and make something better than the sum of it’s parts.

I think we’ve been seeing this more recently with a lot of good story driven eromanga like Asumi-chan or The Missing I

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"What is she, your wife?"

Hoping the answer to that becomes "yes" down the line.

The author definitely knows about scene sequencing, and the fact that the scene where that question is asked is immediately followed by the scene of Toda cooking for Tanaka at home is pretty much the author saying to the readers, that yes, she is.

I'm guessing the girl at the end is Toda's sister, and going by her reaction I'm guessing that Toda ran away from home.

Got the same impression.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that Toda has been a bit more talkative these last few chapters?

Yes, but I think it's only when she is with Tanaka? From personal experience, when you are living with a person with a disability, you start unconsciously adapting to efficiently communicate with them, which helps them open up more, and so on in a positive feedback loop.

To reply you must either login or sign up.