catsfootironclaw
Imagem_2021-10-09_150323
joined Oct 9, 2021

Class struggle tag when

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Things are about to go down, really looking forward to this

joined Aug 27, 2021

Actually.... Yes Claire is such a headache in this arc about the whole plot of commoner vs noble. BUT LMAO THE MORE I LOOK AT THE NURSE? THE MORE I'M EXCITED TO SEE THAT PERSON ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (if you know you know) CAUSE she looks like a nun

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

someone gotta teach these kids some trigger discipline

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

The look Rei gives Lene, lol. She's like, you got one job. Don't blow it. But for real Lene, please don't do what I think you're about to do.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

A hypnosis spell? Now we're talking!

More seriously, I wonder if this got an anime they would skip most of the early chapters to get to this plot fast? Probably cloverworks would do it.

I've read the webnovel completely and I think the first two books would probably fit well into a 12-13 episode anime, without having to cut anything.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Omegand posted:

I love how they put the commoners as the villains here, no interest in reading anymore. Don't know why the author decided to put his dog water politics into this, just disgusting.

Lol yeah look at that burned man in bed, such an absolute evil creature... and two weeks?! surely the prince and Claire were complaining because it was too long, should've been a weekend.

Okay no more sarcasm!

I'm amazed that just like that, they lost their peaceful days of flirting and playing, the tone shift is quite great! makes me excited and scared of what's to come.

last edited at Jan 27, 2022 1:13PM

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Blessed headpats

Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

I was wandering if the church nun shown was Lily because she's supposed to be younger then Rei?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I love how they put the commoners as the villains here, no interest in reading anymore. Don't know why the author decided to put his dog water politics into this, just disgusting.

I don't think you're reading the same manga as everyone else

Perhaps they thought more in the line of "commoners are depicted doing evil and violent stuff", in which case the original poster needs to read on the French Revolution, upon which this setting seems to draw inspiration from. Historically, the masses of commoners absolutely and unequivocally did some pretty horrible acts once their anger boiled over. Having genuine grievances with the system is not a "any atrocity we commit is justified" get-out-of-jail card.

You know, I am kind of frustrated with Rei. She knew all of this was to go down. She knows everything since she played this game to death and back in real life, likely finishing it multiple times. Perhaps she could have prevented the violence, or mitigated it in some measure.

Perhaps let the princes in on everything (it would be easy for her to prove her claims as, again, she knows everything, including like, intimate thoughts of the characters here; just flaunt that knowledge in their faces), try to get them to deescalate things. Or perhaps approach the King. Try to impress the need for reform on the people who have the power to do something, scare them into action or some such.

Especially since this chapter seems to hint at someone manipulating the events to stoke up the unrest and violence (the whole burning incident seems to have been engineered by sabotaging Dede's wand in some way). Could be Lambert, could be the Queen or someone from the Church, hell, could be someone from the commoners' movement itself in order to galvanise people and get the ball rolling. Or it could be someone else entirely. But whoever it is, Rei knows they are behind it and has done precisely nothing to try and thwart their efforts before serious injuries and major violence occurred.

I am not saying it would have worked, but with a prospect as bloody as a revolution looming ahead, she could have at least tried. Yet all she seems interested in is keeping Claire safe. Kind of like "fuck everything, I just want my waifu here".

It is obvious she is not on board with the nobles' perspective. While she is refusing to declare her stances openly, there are more than enough hints showing how she feels. So with her disagreeing with the order of things, could it be that she actually wants the revolution to happen? I kind of have a hard time seeing that. She knows the violence it would unleash, and she does not strike me as someone who condones violence. At the same time she undoubtedly also knows that an armed uprising is not the only way to reform the system, as there are plenty of real world examples of countries abandoning feudalism without going through the Reign of Terror.

Is this perhaps a "I must not interfere with history" kind of deal? I also have a hard time seeing that, she never brought up such concepts, and besides, this reality is based on an otome game which presumably ends without exploring the further history of this setting and how the events in the game impacted it. For all she knows, the continuation of history past the game's time framework will lead to utter misery and chaos. Essentially, she has no idea what the timeline will look like and thus has no concrete reason to protect said timeline.

I am kind of wondering, does she actually see this reality as, well... reality? Is she perhaps subconsciously still treating this as a game, only now she actually gets to romance her preferred character as opposed to those the game used to steer her towards by default? Is that why she seems to have next to no motives except keeping Claire safe?

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

More seriously, I wonder if this got an anime they would skip most of the early chapters to get to this plot fast? Probably cloverworks would do it.

I've read the webnovel completely and I think the first two books would probably fit well into a 12-13 episode anime, without having to cut anything.

Why stop there when you can adapt the whole thing with 24 episodes? That's probably hopelessly optimistic, though I've seen it do incredibly well in polls of series that fans want to see animated.

Tangentially he LN actually just started publishing physical copies (in Japan) and the title has been tweaked to I'm in Love with the Villianess -Revolution- which is probably more fitting of the series as a whole.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Why stop there when you can adapt the whole thing with 24 episodes? That's probably hopelessly optimistic, though I've seen it do incredibly well in polls of series that fans want to see animated.

Tangentially he LN actually just started publishing physical copies (in Japan) and the title has been tweaked to I'm in Love with the Villianess -Revolution- which is probably more fitting of the series as a whole.

12 for the first web novel would be rushing things way too much.
I'd rather go with 24 for WN 1 (and then forget that WN 2 even happened /hj)

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Yeah Claire sucks and is classist trash but so is rei for simping for her. Wasn't she suppose do be like vaguely a comrade in that she was poor irl too and hated work?

last edited at Jan 27, 2022 2:55PM

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

lol I sort of get the complaint but I actually liked WN2 quite a bit.

I found one of the polls I saw from last year; part of the reason I'm cautiously optimistic for an adaptation. Wataoshi was #5 here.

https://www.anime-japan.jp/2021/en/main/ajranking/

last edited at Jan 27, 2022 3:15PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

lol I sort of get the complaint but I actually liked WN2 quite a bit.

It's not even a proper complaint. I dropped 2 around 140 right after Lily showed up again.
I didn't dislike it, I just found it boring and then when I got spoiled on where the story went I thought "yeah I'm just gonna drop it"

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I don't think you're reading the same manga as everyone else

He's not exactly wrong on the last point. In the end, and taking into consideration the national ethos and critique of said ethos of the Empire from part 2, one of the themes of the manga is Inori's half-baked libertarian ideals. The story isn't a platform for her beliefs, but they're there.

You know, I am kind of frustrated with Rei. She knew all of this was to go down. She knows everything since she played this game to death and back in real life, likely finishing it multiple times. Perhaps she could have prevented the violence, or mitigated it in some measure.

It's good you're invested, this becomes a major plot point.

Class struggle tag when

The communism tag is always at the ready! However, it won't end up on this story. I am absolutely keeping the freedom tag in my back pocket. Just in case. When everything pans out. In like 5 years.

This series will have a very bizarre ending if it ever gets the axe before then. A total aside here, but this is already a long-running series in terms of Yuri Hime. Getting past 20 chapters solidifies it as a good series, past 30 would have it outlasting most YH series, past 40 would be monumental and on par with My Unrequited Love, and past 50 would push it toward an eternal series like Citrus or Yuru Yuri. And I'm betting it'd need to get to 50 just to cover part 1

last edited at Jan 27, 2022 3:38PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"fuck everything, I just want my waifu here"

Well I gotta admire her devotion, let's not forget... She's not trying to be a hero and save everyone(and just imagine how much work that would take while also working as a maid and studying) or do something stupid like become Nostradamus for these people or worse, ending up being called spy or traitor for knowing too much without exposing the fact that she came from another world and everything here came from a game, she could not care less about the princes, but joining the anti noble faction would be like saying good bye to Claire, if that happened just for some stupid sense of heroism or obligation to "her people" then I would drop this because it would go against her nature and everything she has done and say thus far... Rei has never lied about her intentions. I think she's playing her cards right FOR Claire and I don't know why would anyone expect any different.

Ab59ca3b19cdeaaa017711fd2fed011712597cdd
joined Feb 5, 2021

Trying not to sound condescending here, probably failing.

I just find it interesting that some people are completely disregarding the idea of character development, despite it being one of the most fundamental parts of story-telling.

It's just my impression, but people seem to be assuming that Claire and Rei are going to be the same at the end of the story as they were at the beginning. That because Claire is classist at the start of the story, and is not going to grow or change at all.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Is there a tag for clumsy social commentary?

6f26d68ee1a36aae713ea761c5e939e5
joined Jul 18, 2017

Idk what are people complaining about, claire already seems to be changing her classist views yall chill, she's going to have character development. I actually think that politics in this is handled pretty well.
Also nun nurse girl cute

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

PhoenixAct posted:

Trying not to sound condescending here, probably failing.

I just find it interesting that some people are completely disregarding the idea of character development, despite it being one of the most fundamental parts of story-telling.

It's just my impression, but people seem to be assuming that Claire and Rei are going to be the same at the end of the story as they were at the beginning. That because Claire is classist at the start of the story, and is not going to grow or change at all.

When you say that with a Karin Kanzuki avatar it means so much to me... Truly the greatest Ojou

joined Sep 6, 2015

"fuck everything, I just want my waifu here"

(and just imagine how much work that would take while also working as a maid and studying)

I mean, keeping up with being a maid and schooling seems like a serious case of skewed priorities when you know bloodshed is about to be unleashed upon the whole country.

She's not trying to be a hero and save everyone or do something stupid like become Nostradamus for these people or worse, ending up being called spy or traitor for knowing too much without exposing the fact that she came from another world and everything here came from a game

Never said she should try to be a hero. I suggested a quiet approach, trying to get the people with actual influence to push for reforms. I have a hard time seeing the princes turning on her if she told them the truth, for example.

joining the anti noble faction would be like saying good bye to Claire, if that happened just for some stupid sense of heroism or obligation to "her people" then I would drop this because it would go against her nature and everything she has done and say thus far

Again, nothing I wrote was about heroism or even choosing sides. She could have done what I outlined and still kept close to Claire, this was not an "either/or" type of scenario I was imagining.

Rei has never lied about her intentions. I think she's playing her cards right FOR Claire and I don't know why would anyone expect any different.

Rei's intentions seem to be very limited is my problem. Her honesty is not under scrutiny here. As for expectations, the series up until now was pretty light-hearted, there was no reason to expect anything other than "I want Claire" from her. But with the stakes being raised so high now, I can not escape feeling how selfish that seems in the grand scheme of things.

I am not saying that everyone should suddenly have a problem with Rei's goals, I explicitly said that I feel frustrated with her, and I explained why. I know that the explanation as to why she has not tried doing anything can simply be "I really do not care about anything other than Claire, at least not enough to do something about it", and if other readers have no issues with it, that is fine. I personally just find it incomprehensible that someone with that level of knowledge of the events and people involved would just sit on the side-lines with no thoughts beyond "must keep Claire safe".

It is this level of detachment from the grand scheme of things with so many lives on the line that leads me to wonder if she actually perceives this world and its people as real, on a subconscious level at least.

Also note that by trying to deescalate the situation or at the very least going after the shadowy people who seem to be enflaming it for their own purposes, she would also act to protect Claire. I imagine Claire would be in considerably less danger if the revolution was avoided or at the very least its violence somewhat mitigated.

It's good you're invested, this becomes a major plot point.

Oof! Looking forward to it!

last edited at Jan 27, 2022 4:17PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm too tired to think up of any longer comment, and even too tired to think of this one comment in English, so I'll just say it in Serbocroatian:
Stvari se zahuktavaju.

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I don't think this is necessarily a spoiler, since it just speaks to motivation, but in the novels at one point Rei does mention that she's afraid of deviating too much from the game's plot, because then she'll lose her ability to predict what's going to happen.

And she's afraid of making things "worse," and then being unable to adapt because she no longer has the right information. So whether you think she should being doing more at this point, she has reasons for why she isn't.

joined Sep 6, 2015

I don't think this is necessarily a spoiler, since it just speaks to motivation, but in the novels at one point Rei does mention that she's afraid of deviating too much from the game's plot, because then she'll lose her ability to predict what's going to happen.

And she's afraid of making things "worse," and then being unable to adapt because she no longer has the right information. So whether you think she should being doing more at this point, she has reasons for why she isn't.

Yeah, this actually goes a long way to explain it. That said, it is a pretty selfish motivation, huh. Since it means her goals really do boil down to "Claire and I". Still, it is not like I have a massive problem with that, it is just kind of mildly frustrating, is all. Though, I wonder how saving Claire will work out then, since it seems that in the original game Claire either died or "fell to the dark side" or something at this point, and Rei just actively prevented it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.