Forum › A Goddess' Blessing and a Convenient Life in Another World discussion

joined Mar 1, 2018

Yo i too want to reborn and flirt with cute girl

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And i can't handle people who don't respect other tastes. But I don't think you will last long enough if you continue like that.

I can't respect a taste that's asking to be disrespected

That's just your opinion

type1japaribun
joined Apr 9, 2020

And i can't handle people who don't respect other tastes. But I don't think you will last long enough if you continue like that.

I can't respect a taste that's asking to be disrespected

That's just your opinion

No, it's a fact

Nyarumi Uploader
Nyarura%20smaller
Secret Society Blanket
joined Feb 3, 2019

@EvilDevil thank you for the corrections. I will fix those later today.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Cute credits page

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

You use an elf, who can live up to a thousand years, and you choose to make her 14? Ugh. At least the rest of the story was okay.

joined May 24, 2015

This IS a discussion thread, but not on just tastes. Its about the manga in the title. People are allowed to like what they want.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

So she mind-controlled a 14-year-old girl into marrying her...?

Basically living the dream, I'd give everything to have every female protag I know have this power, maybe adding spirals somewhere to make it look more like hypnosis.

Wow... just wow.... that's the lowest effort I've ever seen you use. Are you alright? lol

Effort on what? You think it's a lie or something?

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

14 years old and the woman "reborn" seems to be in her 20s or older. Please add lolicon tag or age gap as bare minimum.

If we base it on the time setting of the story (probably between the middle ages up to the Renaissance), that 14 year old elf girl can already be called an adult. So age gap might be more appropriate.

last edited at Apr 13, 2020 4:59PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Lie is such a dirty word. I prefer joking.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

A yuri fantasy anthology sounds interesting. Im looking forward to the other one shots. Particularly the yandere and succubus one

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Lie is such a dirty word. I prefer joking.

It's not a joke, as we talk right now I'm making yuri of 14 years old on koikatsu: https://i.imgur.com/ERyk7JE.jpg
Obviously I don't want to be with them, they are for each other. Yuri or nothing.

And it's not a secret I love hypnosis, I talked a lot about that in the Vampeerz thread, just to give an example.

last edited at Apr 13, 2020 11:52PM

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

You use an elf, who can live up to a thousand years, and you choose to make her 14? Ugh. At least the rest of the story was okay.

Actually in mythology elves are immortal, like in the Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

great example of "do not judge the book by the cover" lol

joined Sep 13, 2018

14 years old and the woman "reborn" seems to be in her 20s or older. Please add lolicon tag or age gap as bare minimum.

If we base it on the time setting of the story (probably between the middle ages up to the Renaissance), that 14 year old elf girl can already be called an adult. So age gap might be more appropriate.

It's a fantasy setting and elves are very long lived in most settings, it's 100% suppose to be lolicon. Why not just add both and call it a day? Clearly people who like lolicon shit like this for that reason. Plus like, you can have age gap and it not be between a child and an adult, look at The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This, both adults, just with an age gap between them.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It's not a joke, as we talk right now I'm making yuri of 14 years old on koikatsu: https://i.imgur.com/ERyk7JE.jpg
Obviously I don't want to be with them, they are for each other. Yuri or nothing.

And it's not a secret I love hypnosis, I talked a lot about that in the Vampeerz thread, just to give an example.

Well, everyone has a dark side I suppose...

joined Apr 15, 2016

That Goddess must be MADOKAMI,

ALL HAIL MADOKAMI with Her YURI BLESSING !!!!

Img_20190914_203449_543
joined Apr 14, 2020

That Goddess must be MADOKAMI,

ALL HAIL MADOKAMI with Her YURI BLESSING !!!!

ALL HAIL MADOKAMI, ALL HAIL MADOKAMI

joined Sep 19, 2015

Cover art made me look, first story art made me leave immediately. Looks like I dodged a bullet.

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

Finally a yuri isekai though first chapter is so-so.

If you're into novels read this

Thank you very much for this. This is an enjoyable read, despite the (admitted?) machine translation.

joined Feb 18, 2015

With all this argument about "Age-gap" vs. "Lolicon" vs. "Both", has anyone considered that the lazy Iseki girl might be between the ages of 15 and 18 and that it is NONE OF THE ABOVE. The ONLY place in the one-shot where it mentions anything about the girl's age is here:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_goddess_blessing_and_a_convenient_life_in_another_world#5

Where it says:

"One day my short life of nothing but work finally ended."

That says nothing about what her actual age was other than that her life was short. When I think of a short life in terms of Iseki stories, I think of teenagers dying and getting a chance at another life, not adults. (Slime being one of the major exceptions.) So until I read the comment section I figured she was probably 17, maybe 18, but lived a really hard life before being reborn.

The other thing that probably makes people think she's older is the fact that she's much taller than Archie, but... she's also a lot taller than the maids. Are the maids little girls too, or is it because they are ELVES and this world's elves are small elves and not the kind in Lord of the Rings? That might explain why she is taller than them. Most 14-year-old girls are pretty close to their full growth, height-wise, actually, so Archie is probably not going to grow more than a few more centimeters unless elves mature more slowly.

(I'd take down the "Age-Gap" if it were me since we have no proof of age except for one of the characters.)

All in all I thought it was a pretty funny take on the genre.

joined Dec 13, 2013

for a moment, i thought it was reimu and yukari from touhou

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

BugDevil posted:

Hm... don't like this kind of blessing one bit. It's only marginally better than hypnotism. What saved this story is that Blanchett is strong willed enough to resist the blessing and still serve her own interests as well. Instead of giving MC just what she wants, she learns to be happy with compromises. It's at least somewhat honest about the entire thing.

Why are people assuming that the blessing will bend people to the protagonist's desire rather than the blessing just meaning that the protagonist will be dumped into the location they're most likely to meet those who are compatible with them? That combined with the fact that a blessing is considered favorable by the people themselves doesn't do anything at all to violate someone's free will.

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

So I see we're arguing..... again

last edited at Apr 15, 2020 6:59AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Why are people assuming that the blessing will bend people to the protagonist's desire rather than the blessing just meaning that the protagonist will be dumped into the location they're most likely to meet those who are compatible with them? That combined with the fact that a blessing is considered favorable by the people themselves doesn't do anything at all to violate someone's free will.

Well I don't want to insult you, but.... have you even paid attention?
There is a visual indicator when she uses her blessing. She even literally says that she will use her blessing to manipulate them. Even Blanchett tells her not to abuse her blessing to sway her.

It's only considered favorable, because a LITERAL GODDESS blessed a human being, not because the blessing is inherently a morally acceptable thing. If the god of some church bestowed the power to make people's heads explode to someone, it would be a terrible blessing that will be misused for sure... but its still divine, so the blessed will be treated like a prophet.

last edited at Apr 15, 2020 9:50AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.